PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Masters

Ali
2007-01-02, 07:54 AM
Does anyone have any information on the Drunken Master prestige class?

I would really like to find out some proper details on it.

Eldred
2007-01-02, 08:06 AM
The Drunken Master is found in the Complete Warrior sourcebook. I can't give you the exact details as I don't have the book on me, but I can tell you as much as I can remember.

The Drunken Master has the ability to increase their Strength or Consitution score temporarily for every pint of alcohol they consume (eg. one ale). With each pint taken, the character receives a +2 bonus to their Strength or Constituion and a -2 penalty to their Wisdom and Intelligence. The more levels of Drunken Master you have, the more times the character can drink alcohol and gain a bonus (so, 2 ales would give +4 Str/Con and -4 Int and -4 Wis).

The Drunken Master gains proficiency with all improvised weapons. Furthermore, as their level increases, the more damage they can do with a weapon. So a barstool can be a weapon, or a shattered beer glass, or whatever need be.

The Drunken Master also gains a bonus to their AC. They gain an ability which allows them to be able to charge, but not in a straight line (possibly called Swaying Waist). They also continue to gain normal monk bonuses.

Finally, a Drunken Master at 10th Level is able to use an alcoholic beverage as a Potion of Dragonbreath 1/day.

Now, I'm sure I've missed out a lot and I'm pretty sure the last one is wrong, but its the best I can do without the book. Hope it helps.

Ali
2007-01-02, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the help Eldred, it gives me a rough idea of their abilities.
Any more details are welcomed, though.

Nebo_
2007-01-02, 08:19 AM
Actually, they don't gain proficiency in improvised weapons, making that extra damage from using them much less useful.

Thomas
2007-01-02, 08:19 AM
The PrC is wonderfully faithful to the Jackie Chan movies...

squishycube
2007-01-02, 08:26 AM
The PrC is also wonderfully not OGC, so it is actually not very legal at all to post its mechanics.

Thomas
2007-01-02, 08:52 AM
You're confusing forum rules and the law again.

The pertinent forum rule is:
"posting an entire stat block for a monster or class that has not been released under Open Game Content (OGC) is not allowed"

Doesn't look like it's been broken. "An entire stat block" is pretty specific.

Spasticteapot
2007-01-03, 02:08 AM
Yadda yadda yadda.....

Regardless, the Drunken Master has always seemed like the perfect match for a party with a priest of bacchus in it.

After hearing that someone might be running an X-crawl (think D&D as a gameshow) game, I came up with the perfect team:

-Priest of bacchus
-Barbarian
-Drunken master.

They'd be a shoe-in for sponsorship.

Skyserpent
2007-01-03, 05:20 AM
Yadda yadda yadda.....

Regardless, the Drunken Master has always seemed like the perfect match for a party with a priest of bacchus in it.

After hearing that someone might be running an X-crawl (think D&D as a gameshow) game, I came up with the perfect team:

-Priest of bacchus
-Barbarian
-Drunken master.

They'd be a shoe-in for sponsorship.

Throw a female Paladin in there and you've got a sitcom!

Peregrin_Tooc
2007-01-03, 05:26 AM
yeah, a pretty funny one as well