PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done a Were-Crocodile That's not Pathfinder?

Dionon
2013-10-14, 06:34 PM
I ask because in my campaign, the party is going to be going up against a number of them if they sink into a plot hook I left two game sessions ago. The trouble is, the game's tomorrow and it's going to take me all night to make all the Were-Crocs I need including the mid bosses and boss (Who are going to be mid to high level classed Were-Crocs themselves).

So any help would be appreciated. I just wish I could search the forums... That would make things so much easier.

LOTRfan
2013-10-14, 06:39 PM
There's a sample Werecroc in Sandstorm. Are you asking for completed stats or just the adjustments to be slapped onto already completed character stats? Because in the case of the latter, it should be relatively easy to do just following the guidelines in the Monster Manual.

Network
2013-10-14, 06:43 PM
There's one in Sanstorm. I think it's a reprint of the werecrocodile from Lost Empires of Faerūn, and I heard it's also in Monsters of Faerūn. The last two are 3.0, so they probably need an update.

ngilop
2013-10-14, 06:45 PM
Im not sure by what you mean by "done". all i got from you post is that you decided to make a certain rare monster teh center peice of an advneutre ( that you left clues for 2 sessions ago)

and now that its the last minute you are panicking becuase you have not spent any time sicne 2 sessions ago and now trying to make your army of were corcs?

i think one of the forgotten realms books has were croc in them as does sandstorm.

failing that you could jsut use teh PF were croc (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/lycanthrope/lycanthrope-werecrocodile).. not like backporting it is going to be anything close to difficult I mean really PF and 3.5 are like 95% identicle.

I guess if i could give you DM advice it would be this

Never toss players a rope and then decide to not ever get around to making where that rope may lead becuase you are too lazy to actually DM right.

Dionon
2013-10-14, 08:03 PM
Well, in my own defense, I had white screen syndrome since I dropped that plot hook. It took me 2 weeks to even get an idea of what to do with it, as it was an accidental thing.

You see, my party was fishing for plot hooks using gather info checks. I provided them with three that were interlinked by rolling randomly in the DMG. Skittering in the Sewers, Murders of people, and missing people in the slums.

I would have had to get to it sooner if I didn't misread Fires of Dis. That mishap took the aforementioned 2 sessions to clean up...

As for what I'm looking for, nevermind, I went ahead and wrote them up already. Thank you for the Sandstorm reference, but I don't have that book, I'll look in the Monsters of Faerun, but I don't exactly know where that is in my collection lol.