PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Lowest level way to purify large amounts of necromantically-tainted water?

Gavinfoxx
2013-10-14, 09:35 PM
What's a good low-level way to purify a large pool of necromantically tainted water that ghouls are using to hide in (it's murky) and heal up in, for 3.5e?

Jack_Simth
2013-10-14, 09:40 PM
What's a good low-level way to purify a large pool of necromantically tainted water that ghouls are using to hide in (it's murky) and heal up in, for 3.5e?
DM fiat, same way the water got necromantically tainted. AKA, side quest.

inuyasha
2013-10-14, 09:55 PM
Purify food n drink

Gavinfoxx
2013-10-14, 10:01 PM
Purify food n drink

But that's small amounts, right?

inuyasha
2013-10-14, 10:03 PM
But that's small amounts, right?

hey, you have time, and most DMs do at will cantrips from what I've heard (my DM does :))

Gavinfoxx
2013-10-14, 10:06 PM
hey, you have time, and most DMs do at will cantrips from what I've heard (my DM does :))

...What are you talking about? Assume RAW. :|

Psyren
2013-10-14, 10:18 PM
Step 1) Buy Dust of Dryness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#dustofDryness).
Step 2) Apply until Ghouls are visible.
Step 3) Kill Ghouls.

Zanos
2013-10-14, 10:24 PM
The only way I know of for water to heal undead RAW is the Blackwater Taint spell, which only lasts for Rounds/Level and is a sixth level spell.

If you're dealing with something like a permanent Blackwater Taint, you're looking at a pretty high level caster hitting it with a dispel magic, or greater dispel magic to make it go away.

This sounds like a DM fiat situation, so you're going to need DM fiat to make it go away. Ask the nearest cleric in game or ask if you or someone else can make a KN(Religion) check.

chronoreverse
2013-10-14, 10:49 PM
Do you have to purify it? What about simply destroying the water and then replacing with regular water?

Or maybe dilute it by moving it into the ocean or something?

Alefiend
2013-10-14, 10:59 PM
I was going to say they may be lacedons (aquatic ghouls), but they get nothing special from being in water. Other than concealment and being in an environment the PCs aren't able to deal with. Purifying it will do nothing, unless you need to drink it. To have any effect on the ghouls, you need Bless Water (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blessWater.htm) in great volumes.

Darrin
2013-10-15, 06:25 AM
You've got a large quantity of tainted water that heals undead... Does that mean it does damage to living creatures? And you want to purify this... NO! Weaponize it! Put it in flasks, make splash weapons. Get a sprayer (15 GP, A&EG p. 25) for a 5'x10' spray of autohit negative energy damage. Make some supersoakers out of shapesand.

Telonius
2013-10-15, 09:38 AM
Lowest-level way:

Hirelings, a few shovels, and a decent Knowledge (Engineering) check.