PDA

View Full Version : Cloaked dancer

dantiesilva
2013-10-14, 10:15 PM
The other day I was looking through the complete scoundrel book and ran across the prestige class Cloaked dancer. I had been looking at it from time to time before, but no real game I have ever played in seemed to allow it to fit. So I came here wondering if anyone has ever played a Bard/Cloaked dancer, and if it was fun for them.

Psyren
2013-10-14, 10:56 PM
The two big problems I see with it are (a) you have to concentrate to keep dancing, i.e. burning your standard actions, and (b) the low save DCs of your dances - you get in at 7th-level for instance, so your Beguiling Dance will have a DC of 11+Cha.

But it looks like you get unlimited dances/day so that's good. And if you can boost the save DC, the first dance is really nice, dazing them and raising their attitude with each failed save.

The pseudo-sneak-attack ability can be pretty much ignored.

dantiesilva
2013-10-14, 11:05 PM
I do not care about mecanics as much as having fun with the class. Enjoying it from a fluff standpoint if you will. What it grants is only icing on a cake.

Psyren
2013-10-14, 11:08 PM
Well, from a fluff standpoint you sashay around and distract people :smalltongue: you don't need mechanics for that, just shake your tuckus.