PDA

View Full Version : Geomancer Question

Blackjackg
2013-10-14, 10:58 PM
Couldn't get an answer to this one on the Simple Questions thread, so I thought I'd try the broader forum.

Does a Geomancer (Complete Divine) use his best spellcasting ability to determine bonus spells and the highest level of spells he can cast for all of his classes?

For example, if a Geomancer (with 7 levels in the PrC, so he has Spell Versatility 6) has a Wisdom of 18 and a Charisma of 14, would he be able to cast 6th level sorcerer spells due to his high wisdom?

NeoPhoenix0
2013-10-15, 12:00 AM
A 598

No, the ability says that "when he casts [spells]" he mixes any parameters. So the mixing happens once the spell has been cast. Bonus spells and minimum ability scores are treated as normal for you spellcasting class (and the druid still can't cast druid spells if he is wearing metal armor), I think everything else can be mixed and matched, I think.

Did you miss this or is this answer unsatisfactory? If it is unsatisfactory I can try to clarify things.

Edit:
Short answer: The sorcerer is still limited to casting level 4 spells until he gets his charisma up. (assuming he has enough levels of sorcerer spellcasting, of course.)

Blackjackg
2013-10-15, 07:56 AM
Eek! I'm so sorry, NeoPhoenix0! I just did not see your response, which is totally satisfactory. Thank you.