PDA

View Full Version : Taint and symptoms

KrimsonNekros
2013-10-15, 01:09 AM
I'm a bit confused how his works. The char I'm building has a corruption score of 10. This qualifies him as being moderately corrupted based on both his Con, and Wis. Does he receive a mild and moderate trait for both, or do I pick one mild and moderate trait?

thethird
2013-10-15, 01:17 AM
Heroes of Horror pg. 63: "A character with moderate depravity and moderate corruption manifests one physical symptom and one mental symptom."

Xuldarinar
2013-10-15, 05:41 AM
Im assuming Heroes of Horror taint. its not the best system for it, but it has it's uses. Corruption is played against your Constitution, Depravity is played against your wisdom. Your Corruption score has no relation to your Wisdom, and your Depravity score has no relation to your Constitution.

Heroes of Horror pg. 63: "A character with moderate depravity and moderate corruption manifests one physical symptom and one mental symptom."

"….A character with moderate taint keeps the symptoms he gained from mild taint in addition to the new ones gained from moderate taint"

Also:
"..To determine the exact nature of a character's physical or mental taint symptoms, roll 1d10 and look up the result on Table 4-2: Corruption Effects or Table 4-3: Depravity Effects. If the character later gains more giant and crosses the threshold into a higher level (mild to moderate or moderate to severe), he gains the next symptom to the right on the table."

Both of the same page.