PDA

View Full Version : Sapphire Hierarch build w/Persistent Spell

Bloodgruve
2013-10-15, 10:42 AM
I'm looking at making a 13th level Sapphire Hierarch persisting Divine Power using Midnight Metamagic (http://dndtools.eu/feats/magic-of-incarnum--74/midnight-metamagic--1941/). My question is can I combine 4 essentia and 2 spell levels to meet the +6 spell level requirement of Persistent Spell?

Build is Incarnate2/Cleric3(Law n Incarnum)/Sapphire Hierarch8

Feats; Improved Capacity, Travel Devotion(F), Extend Spell(F), Power Attack, Cobolt Power, Incarnum Spellcasting(Domain), Extend Spell, Midnight Metamagic, Persistent Spell

Input is appreciated,

Blood~

Zombulian
2013-10-15, 10:54 AM
I don't see why not. Maybe look into Divine Soultouch as well.

Fouredged Sword
2013-10-15, 12:56 PM
Just to put this out there, isn't there a spell that fills your essence using feats for a round or two? Use that to power your metamagic reducer for just long enough to counter the cost of casting, then use your normal essence for everything else.

Zombulian
2013-10-15, 01:09 PM
Just to put this out there, isn't there a spell that fills your essence using feats for a round or two? Use that to power your metamagic reducer for just long enough to counter the cost of casting, then use your normal essence for everything else.

Psycarnum Infusion

Fouredged Sword
2013-10-15, 01:13 PM
Yessss. That sounds like a great use for wild talent if I ever heard one...

EDIT - Found what I was originaly thinking of

Soul Boon - gain up to 5 temp essence you can spend any way you would normally spend essence. Great for filling that 4 point midnight augmentation. :smallwink:

Trade a 2nd level spell for 4 points of metamagic mitigation.

Bloodgruve
2013-10-15, 02:01 PM
With Midnight Augmentation the Essentia is tied up until you cast the spell, then it is free to use elsewhere. So If I wanted to persist Divine Power then I would cast it in the morning and still have the 4 essentia to work with after casting if I'm reading it right.

"A character can invest essentia into each incarnum feat only once per day. Once invested, the essentia is unavailable for other purposes until
24 hours have passed."

-But the feat states-
"Once essentia is invested in a spell, it remains invested until the spell is cast, at which point the essentia returns to your essentia pool."

Blood~