PDA

View Full Version : Possible College ideas

cavalieredraghi
2013-10-15, 11:44 AM
So for the past year and half since i graduated high school i have been doing odd jobs and part to full time work with companies around where i live. so finally i have discovered what it is i wish to go to college for and do for a living. I wish to major in Film and Media Production , and maybe minor is Business management. I Live in Arizona and I am researching the best school in which I can be taught this area. While I don't necessarily need to be in a school that is in my State, would prefer it since i already have looked up ASU and U of A. Would any other Play-grounders who have studied such an area recommend a college for me to look into?

Morgarion
2013-10-15, 01:20 PM
It isn't specific to your area or your degree, but if I could, I would recommend a couple years at a community college. You'll have to take the general education requirements anyways. You can save quite a bit of money.

The trick is to know what will transfer and how it will help help you fulfill the general education/liberal arts requirements. Different states have different systems for administering this stuff, and I'm sure the helpfulness of the advisers will vary widely from institution to institution.

I ended up being in college for five and a half years over two different periods of my life. The first two and a half, I completed at a community college for less than half what it would have cost me at the four year university I graduated from.

Additionally, at the university here, it is becoming increasingly harder for new first-year students to get admitted. It's much, much easier to get accepted as a transfer student with a year of decent grades. I don't know how widespread this is, though, but I imagine all colleges and universities publish data on their acceptance rates and stats on their incoming classes.

Good luck.

cavalieredraghi
2013-10-16, 02:55 PM
i already have been taking a few college course at a local community college. i think it is time i transfer to a university, and be my bachelor and possibly master.

AtlanteanTroll
2013-10-16, 04:29 PM
I don't know how widespread this is, though, but I imagine all colleges and universities publish data on their acceptance rates and stats on their incoming classes.
Damn straight they do. It should be very easy to find, actually.

Here are the hardest (http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/lowest-acceptance-rate) schools to get in to, nation wide. And here are the easiest (http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/highest-acceptance-rate). Search a school on that site and you should find it's acceptance rate.