PDA

View Full Version : Greater-planar binding a siebrix .

reapersoulEater
2013-10-15, 11:48 AM
(We are a 10 lv party with no wizard Btw)
So I and my party are in Water deep at the moment.

And i decided that maybe i could find a strong enough wizard to greater planar bind this monster of free grafts!, for a "fee" though.

what is troubling me is once this Siebrix demon is called. what can I do to convince him or Force him to apply grafts to me without him harming me?
how do i go about this?

and also, if there is a way to rather force him too instead of convincing him the better.

For some reason my Dm cares little to none about my diplomacy skill. @_@

Flickerdart
2013-10-15, 11:50 AM
The wizard is the one that orders bound creatures around. He would have to compel it to perform the service of giving free grafts with opposed Charisma checks.

Silva Stormrage
2013-10-15, 02:27 PM
Well if your DM allows you to just use the charisma check to make it agree to a task you can just "Prepare the battlefield" for it. Hit it with bestow curse (Spectral hand to hit him), a couple enervations, some other assorted debuffs that penalize ability checks. And then make the charisma check.

The other option is simply using charm monster on it (Maybe after nerfing its save see above). It really shouldn't have much of any problem with grafting things on you. The grafts are free and plenty of them drive non evil characters insane and evil. If he grafts them onto you he loses nothing. If he doesn't graft them onto you he is stuck and can't do anything. He should just agree to the terms to get sent home.

Psyren
2013-10-15, 02:49 PM
Lesser Geas, "drink this glass of water," place the water outside the circle, leave him for a few days. Once his Cha is down to 1, he should be unable to resist even the crappiest of offers from you.

JaronK
2013-10-15, 02:59 PM
Psyren, that's hilarious.

Note that this particular monster actually wants to give people grafts... it's in their description. So it shouldn't really resist much.

JaronK

Psyren
2013-10-15, 03:09 PM
I'd love to claim credit but I think I first saw that trick in a thread about binding succubi (since they have such high Cha they are tricky to enlist.)

Zanos
2013-10-15, 03:12 PM
I'd love to claim credit but I think I first saw that trick in a thread about binding succubi (since they have such high Cha they are tricky to enlist.)
Treantmonk mentioned it in his mastering the malconvoker guide.

Psyren
2013-10-15, 03:12 PM
Treantmonk mentioned it in his mastering the malconvoker guide.

That's true, it's there too. I first saw it on GitP but that may be the ultimate source.

Envyus
2013-10-15, 04:15 PM

Note that this particular monster actually wants to give people grafts... it's in their description. So it shouldn't really resist much.

JaronK

This.

They view grafting as their art. If you want grafts it should have no problems giving them to you.

Flickerdart
2013-10-15, 06:50 PM
If you kidnap an artist, they might not want to do work for you without some kind of compensation or "convincing".

Mithril Leaf
2013-10-16, 01:14 AM
Also note that if you really want to mess it up, toss curses via spectral hand, and negative levels via a Nabassu's negative level gaze. Normally strong creatures become putty in your hands.

eggynack
2013-10-16, 01:49 AM
That's true, it's there too. I first saw it on GitP but that may be the ultimate source.
I believe that this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135096) is the guide for planar binding a succubus that is being referred to. I don't know if it's the original source for the advice, but it is what it is.

Aharon
2013-10-16, 04:38 AM
It's funny, but it likely wouldn't work. As we have discussed at length in the Enchantment thread, many a conjurer bans Enchantment, and casting the lesser geas from a scroll means it has a really low save. I don't have the stats of the creature at Hand, but I assume it has a good will save, being an outsider (or maybe even protection from good as an SLA?). The Enervation route is more likely to succeed, but also not a given (I assume the thingy has SR).

(Btw, the Planar binding line is totally buggy, it should be in the dysfunctional rules thread. Anybody know if it already is? if not, I may expand on the reasons for a bit there)

Evolved Shrimp
2013-10-16, 06:17 AM
As always, the devil is in the details (no pun intended):

Lesser Geas works only on creatures up to 7 HD, while a sibriex has 15.
In any case, sibriexes – being obyriths – are immune to mind-affecting magic such as geases.
Sibriexes are vain and described as requiring a significant material expression of appreciation (i.e., lots of treasure). This assumes that they even consider it worth their time to work for obviously inferior beings such as the party in question.

Fouredged Sword
2013-10-16, 08:28 AM
Fell drain sonic snap will solve the save issue, and a wand will give enough charges to do any amount of negative levels you want. Fell frighten will also penalize the charisma check. 14 negative levels and -2 to the check from shaken will do nicely. Be sure to remove the levels after the check is bested though, as you wouldn't want to be operated on by a doctor with -16 to his checks.

reapersoulEater
2013-10-16, 07:52 PM

JaronK

But remember their still chaotic evil! just like my dm @_@ haha.

also how do i get "close" so he can perform his ability without him tearing me to pieces? i mean i don't want to step inside the circle his binded to right?

sorry to seem a wus but im just soo sca:smalleek:red for my pc hehe

Flickerdart
2013-10-16, 07:57 PM
But remember their still chaotic evil! just like my dm @_@ haha.

also how do i get "close" so he can perform his ability without him tearing me to pieces? i mean i don't want to step inside the circle his binded to right?

sorry to seem a wus but im just soo sca:smalleek:red for my pc hehe
Once the wizard has beaten the siebrix on an opposed CHA check and ordered it to give you grafts and not kill you, he can leave the circle and you'll be safe.

reapersoulEater
2013-10-16, 08:15 PM
Once the wizard has beaten the siebrix on an opposed CHA check and ordered it to give you grafts and not kill you, he can leave the circle and you'll be safe.

What about their aura of insanity?
it has a range of 60 ft and causes insanity in a dc will-24

Flickerdart
2013-10-16, 08:20 PM
Are they able to suppress it?

reapersoulEater
2013-10-16, 08:24 PM
Are they able to suppress it?
no im pretty sure they cant
Madness (Su) A creature within 60 feet that
observes a sibriex must attempt a DC 24 Will save.
Failure indicates the creature’s mind is warped and
twisted, and he comes to see the sibriex in question as
the perfect physical form. The victim takes a –4 penalty
on saving throws made to resist enchantment spells or
spell-like abilities employed by that sibriex. Worse, the
victim immediately takes 1d6 points of Charisma drain
as his sense of self-worth and personality are diminished
by the madness. This madness can be cured by heal,
greater restoration. miracle, or wish. A creature that makes
the save is immune to that particular sibriex’s form of
madness for 24 hours. This is a mind-affecting ability that
does not affect chaotic evil outsiders or creatures that