PDA

View Full Version : Half-Dragon Human paragon?

Yogibear41
2013-10-15, 12:04 PM
Can a human half-dragon take levels in human paragon? or does he no longer qualify?

Menzath
2013-10-15, 12:11 PM
better yet be a half-elf half-dragon and take paragon levels for half elf, human, and half dragon.

Blackjackg
2013-10-15, 12:24 PM
I would say no. While it doesn't say that humans with templates can't gain levels in the Human Paragon class, the Subraces sidebar on page 32 of UA specifies that subraces can't gain levels in the base race's Paragon class if they have a Paragon class of their own (e.g., Drow can't gain Elf Paragon levels because there's a Drow Paragon class). To me, the most reasonable interpretation of the rules would be to call a half-dragon augmented human a subrace of human, and since half-dragons have their own Paragon class, that activates the rule.

I mean, it's not certain, but that's how I would interpret the rules.

The Viscount
2013-10-15, 12:35 PM
That seems a reasonable interpretation, especially since classes like half-orc paragon mention special rules for entering another paragon class. Half-dragon has no such mention, so you cannot.

Yogibear41
2013-10-15, 01:14 PM
Hmmm, gotcha thanks. Now I need to find another way to get a bonus feat at level 6 that also advances spell casting, want to be able to take both Dragon Breath and Improved Dragon wings at 6.

Fouredged Sword
2013-10-15, 02:55 PM
One could be a half orc and go

Half orc paragon 3 / human paragon 3 / stoneblessed 3 / dwarf paragon 3 / dragon disciple 10 / half dragon paragon 3

You would be a really horrid 25th level character though. Epic paragon!

Blackjackg
2013-10-15, 03:26 PM
One could be a half orc and go

Half orc paragon 3 / human paragon 3 / stoneblessed 3 / dwarf paragon 3 / dragon disciple 10 / half dragon paragon 3

You would be a really horrid 25th level character though. Epic paragon!

You've got to take at least one level of Sorcerer/Bard/Duskblade in there somewhere to qualify for Dragon Disciple.

Fouredged Sword
2013-10-15, 03:38 PM
Nope, there is a feat that lets you cast a few cantrips spontaneously. It is enough to qualify. Now, you can only cast those cantrips from the spell slots you get, but there are worse class features out there.

Vaz
2013-10-15, 03:59 PM
Half Dragon Template Class 3/Half Orc Paragon/Human Paragon 3/Half Dragon Paragon 3/Stoneblessed 3/Dwarf Paragon 3/Spirit Lion Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1

mindwarper10
2013-10-15, 04:24 PM
If you were one of my players I would allow it...as I see no problems with doing so...