PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder SORD Update?

Letric
2013-10-15, 12:26 PM
Is there anything new about this?

Not sure if I can post a link to the PDF itself, basicaly it's a Rule Compendium of 37 Pages.

Is there anything else/better/updated than this?

Keneth
2013-10-15, 12:58 PM
I hear it's been updated to 1.3, but nothing since. I also find it amusing that the official MMP website doesn't even list the product or shows any signs of activity. Supposedly, Steve is still alive, though I can't say for sure, you'd probably have to email him directly.

Psyren
2013-10-15, 12:58 PM
Not sure what you mean. There are two Pathfinder SRDs - the Official PRD (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/) run by Paizo that only includes their setting-neutral books, and the d20PFSRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home) run by jreyst that includes all of their mechanics (minus PI) and a bunch of third-party stuff besides. Both are kept current, though the PRD doesn't appear to have Mythic just yet.

Keneth
2013-10-15, 01:24 PM
SORD actually stands for System Operational Reference Digest (pronounced the same as sword) and is, as the name suggests, a digest of rules, meant to be used during a session to speed up gameplay. He's not looking for a reference document.

Psyren
2013-10-15, 01:28 PM
Oh - never heard of it. But if it's PF and not product identity it should be covered under the OGL and thus repostable.

Keneth
2013-10-15, 01:32 PM
Well, the content is, but the actual document is still an IP, so it probably shouldn't be posted publicly. :smallsmile:

Letric
2013-10-15, 01:36 PM
Well, the content is, but the actual document is still an IP, so it probably shouldn't be posted publicly. :smallsmile:

Oh, I tried searching but never found anything about v1.3, what a shame.

I'm not really familiar with all the rules, so any of you know if it can still be used or is the document outdated already?

Keneth
2013-10-15, 01:46 PM
It's got a few mistakes in it if you don't have the updated version. Not because the rules have changed, but because Steve got it wrong in his digest. The revision also includes APG rules.

I think it's still a useful thing to have, but I definitely wouldn't play the game without access to an actual SRD.

Letric
2013-10-15, 01:55 PM
It's got a few mistakes in it if you don't have the updated version. Not because the rules have changed, but because Steve got it wrong in his digest. The revision also includes APG rules.

I think it's still a useful thing to have, but I definitely wouldn't play the game without access to an actual SRD.

Thanks Keneth, I'll be getting the Updated Version then, which from what I've been able to verify it's v1.3.

It's worth the money tbh.