PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Player Created World, 800bc to 2112ad, Political/Civil Management Advice

SourPi11
2013-10-15, 12:27 PM
Hello all, new to the forum and first poster. I have been throwing around three or more worlds and ideas that have been amalgamated and distilled for about five years now into a grandiose and epic idea for a world. Beginning in the early iron age with an amalgamated Greco-Roman society on a geographic Sardinia, My two PCs, Alexandros and Damianos, and my character Aeracles, carry out the early Greek legends, such as Troy, Perseus and the Medusa, Theseus and the Minotaur, the heroic founding of the greek city states, as well as Roman legends, such as Romulus and Rome, The Rape of the Sabines, and more. In essence I am running an introductory style system based off 3.x, as in feats, classes, and skills are introduced gradually at my discretion. I have a complete pantheon from a previous setting that has been adapted to be more Greek.

Putting the episodes run so far aside, which have been tremendously heroic, as well as the character's god like attributes, what I need assistance with is running an engaging and effective d20 styled game, that deals with the managing of cities, states and nations, with the ultimate goal of using the system to get to d20 modern with an authentic feeling world, that the players are intimately familiar with. The idea is that every so many sessions we'll switch to the civil system to advance time much quicker to get to the final product sooner. What I want is a turn based easy to use and teach system here. Do you guys have any ideas, or any links that would be helpful?

tortor
2013-10-15, 04:29 PM
What I need assistance with is running an engaging and effective d20 styled game, that deals with the managing of cities, states and nations, with the ultimate goal of using the system to get to d20 modern with an authentic feeling world, that the players are intimately familiar with. The idea is that every so many sessions we'll switch to the civil system to advance time much quicker to get to the final product sooner. What I want is a turn based easy to use and teach system here. Do you guys have any ideas, or any links that would be helpful?

Fields of Blood is a 3.5 compatible book which allows for you to manage Realms (countries) on a seasonal, and if at war, weekly basis. Its only 8$ legally and isn't hard to dig up illegally, tho I myself don't condone that nor do these forums.

It has details on civic improvements and a brief section on advancing the Epoch.

Hope this helps!!

Malachi Lemont
2013-10-16, 10:49 PM
That sounds cool! I might have to look into Fields of War.

Calliope121
2013-10-23, 04:30 PM
There is a pretty good way to build individual kingdoms included in this adventure path for pathfinder, with a more comprehensive set of rules in their ultimate campaign book.
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8dml?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-32-Rivers-Run-Red

I've personally run a kingdom building campaign (not theirs, my own) based upon these rules, and found them to be overall pretty solid.