PDA

View Full Version : Manipulate Form

Max Caysey
2013-10-15, 04:58 PM
Hi guys...

I was sitting at home bored, so I thought, I'll make the most powerful char I can... (Yes it has been done before, but I was bored)

So I start with Wizard, a no brainer... But what race? Dragon? Yuan-Ti?, Aasimar? And then it hits me... Sarrukh!!!

So I'm sitting there, trying to decide how many levels this boy should have... Im thinking 20 wiz... that’s a good base, maybe some archmage, rainbow servant... Cleric (for initiate of Mystra).... and then I my eyes falls on manipulate form... and I'm like this is the single most broken ability I have seen. And its right there... its even possible for most of my party members in both the games I play in, because both games contain wizards... And i'm thinking, screw this project, next session my wizard character is casting Shapechance (sarrukh) polymorphing a party member and make him give me all my spells as supernatural ability... My mind is falling over it self, just thinking of all the crazy things I can do... aaand eventually how boring it would be.

What I wanted to say or ask... has anyone here successfully used this ability to some "positive" end in a game? Have the game gotten better or worse?

Any comments would be nice!

Thanks you guys!:smallbiggrin:

Kazyan
2013-10-15, 05:01 PM
You know what Pun-Pun is, right?

Piggy Knowles
2013-10-15, 05:03 PM
You're about eight years late to the party (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1013486) :smalltongue:

I have never heard of Manipulate Form being actually used in a campaign at all, and I've been playing third edition since 2002. That said, if it was only used in the background and with extremely judicious use, I could see it being fun - the party races against a foe that can tailor his army to fight them, that sort of thing.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, I've heard of quite a few games that use post-ascension Pun-Pun as an overdeity, so that might be considered a positive impact of Manipulate Form...