PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Raid: The Town of Riva

Erik Vale
2013-10-15, 08:02 PM
It was a longish march to Riva, first you left the mountains for the plains near the two towns, walking as one group. Finding a suitable landmark [A solitary stone spire protruding from the ground] and marking it on the groups maps, your group split and headed northwest towards the desert which contained the town of Riva.

The Desert saps the will of the wreckers, but with their leader at the front and their honour guiding them they attempt to fake a merry mood, some of them being successful.

It is the Night/Day before the attack, and you have been discussing plans for the attack, knowing you will fall on them tomorrow/tomorrow night.

Have you been travelling at night or at day through the desert?
Will you be sending people into the town to look first, or will you be charging in and attacking/raiding specific buildings as the opportunity arises?

The_Admiral
2013-10-16, 02:56 AM
Time for our Leitmotif
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzir1B43I3E)
Razak stands at the head of the unit, the hundred soldiers whom he had led through campaigns for multitudes of petty warlords, he shouted, raising his sword into the air, "TODAY! WE STRIKE BACK, TODAY, WE SHOW THESE MONSTERS EXACTLY WHO THEY SET THEMSELVES AGAINST WHEN THEY DECIDED TO MARCH UPON THESE LANDS! TODAY WE REVEAL THAT WE ARE STILL FIGHTING, THIS TIME NOT FOR GOLD AS WE ALWAYS HAD, THIS TIME WE ARE FIGHTING TO PRESERVE OUR HONOR!"

"We attack" he finishes, turning towards the city, the rising sun to his face as he pointed his blade towards it.

Sorry, took longer than expected to finish up on my Bio homework.

Travel at night, attack at day and go in with the scouts first to peek around for zeds and juicy targets, specifically mining equipment and stuff. Also order the Vale team to recruit miners, we're gonna recreate the Chu Chi Tunnels. And yes, It's sunrise

Do I roll anything for morale raising?

Erik Vale
2013-10-16, 03:05 AM
OOC: You know such positions, and are similarly informed that the zombies are spread out in the center of town, roll 1d20+Charisma bonus +2 Synergy for 5 ranks in command skill [if had] and Diplomacy [if had]. Better IC post shortly.

Erik Vale
2013-10-16, 04:57 AM
OOC: I can't believe I put this in the ooc.

Your men a buoyed by your speech, they are being led into what they know, they immediately shed any fatigue they might have shown going into battle after a nights march.
The sergeant you sent with the scouts comes back.
"Everything marked on the map and in my head, I'll guide us to things of use. And the dead are scattered, we could separate a little and grab from areas, or maybe wipe-out their defences in one well swoop."

The men wait a moment for final orders to the attack plan.

And then, suddenly, something appears well above the town as you look over it, seeming a insignificant speck except for the fact it appeared out of nowhere... And for some reason it also seems to be coming closer.

The_Admiral
2013-10-16, 05:44 AM
As he looks at the object, he does something he hasn't done in years, he prays to Sophia for strength, for victory.

Prayer complete, he shouts, "ARROWS AT THE READY MEN!" raising his own bow ready to fire at the object if it proved to be a threat.

I PMed the prayer to Gain and Chilling it's catholic inspired also the stats in the block is just a raw, the Freedom Fighters do not have their anti zed bonuses penned in and my dudes do not have their bonuses for me being in charge penned in.

Erik Vale
2013-10-16, 06:02 AM
The shape continues to descend on your, rapidly coming into range. Then you notice it's of humanoid form.

You continue to wait for it to enter proper range.

Finally, when it becomes clearer to view, you note whatever the creature is to be two headed and staring upon you.
Suddenly it dives to the ground, and rights itself to a standing position before continuing to glide... The creature appears to be a insect, and then your realise where you have seen it before.
You saw it fight the Vile god, coming to the aid of Sophia, but amongst the last you saw of it was the creature being struck down.
One of the soldiers cries out.
"It's... Why would he be here?"
He seems confused, his spirit seems to break a moment, something that isn't widespread, seeming to be just a few amongst you.

OOC: [Closed to 350ft [7 hx's, which is within your bow range by a decent measure]].

The_Admiral
2013-10-16, 08:33 AM
"Hold fire, Lieutenant, you know of this creature?" He barks out, to the confused officer.

Hold fire and use lights of eyes action if proves hostile

Erik Vale
2013-10-16, 03:59 PM
"It's the Sid'Jax, the lord of war.Why he would be here I don't know, unless he truly is under the-"

The Lieutenant suddenly stops mid-speech, as at 200ft telepathic communication enters all your heads.

<"I am not his thrall, I'm here to inform you that The Vile One is using beings that would challenge me to guard his townships. I would suggest you turn back.">

At about 50ft, the Sid'Jax's feet touch the ground, and he walks towards you at a brisk pace. The words 'The Vile One' are 'spoken' with a fair bit of spite.

The_Admiral
2013-10-16, 05:19 PM
"If he is, then, The Freedom Fighters," he says, concern in his eyes,

"Are they alive? Have they been warned?" he asks, concern evident in his eyes.

To win and to be universally acclaimed expert is not the acme of skill, for it is not a test of strength to lift an autumn down, not a test of vision to spot thunder.

Erik Vale
2013-10-16, 06:00 PM
Sid'Jax nods his heads, and begins speaking in the common tongue as he walks towards you, eventually stopping a few strides before you.
"It was through their actions that I know of the danger. They suffered two casualties before I evacuated them, their raid was unsuccessful, unless you call maybe 5 zombie casualties acceptable... They are safe for the time being, but there is something I must do to secure their safety, I ask that you turn back, but there is one thing you should know."

Sid'Jax seems to take a deep breath as he pauses.
"Allies are coming, and when Sophia appeared to flee the field, she was doing what she had to to ensure similar events as those surrounding the battle should not occur again... I have informed you thus, you are free to continue as you whim, but should you need me, call my name and I see you, and you may hear my voice."

With that, Sid'Jax promptly disappears.

The_Admiral
2013-10-17, 02:13 AM
"Okay troops, change of plans, we're doing addendum rule one now, We split up each section takes a target and grab what they can, do not engage, stealth is paramount. You've got one hour, if you even think you've been had, fall back get out, we meet back outside the city. Let's go!" he orders as he sheaths his sword.

" Hope you're listening Sid'Jax, cause I'm about to do something ridiculously stupid." he mutters.

Using the Chinese army section which is five men. What? I got it from a translation of Art Of War my grandfather owned.

So splitting up, stealing as much as we can get away with and buggering off, we need those resources dammit.

OOC: What's with all these epic level threats? I mean really.

He didn't want to do this, but if that, god was telling the truth, he had no choice, "Fall back," he ordered with a heavy heart, he couldn't risk his men's lives, not even for honor.

"where did you send them Sid'Jax?" he muttered as he led his company back to field.

Erik Vale
2013-10-17, 03:01 AM
Suddenly in your minds eye, you see the world, as if it was drawn on the map, a very vauge map, that shows a small section of the world, around a section of mountains with a larger one marked capped with ice.
To the west of the mountains, there is a tiny desert, with your name marked.
To the south of the mountains, there is a larger desert off the edge of the mountains, near the tip where both coincide, there is a mark with the words freedom fighters.

You realise that you stooped moving and have had your eyes shut, but before you open them you hear the words.
"They come slowly. With Help."

Jojomo
2013-10-17, 03:28 AM
As the force reaches the edge of the desert, a lone figure on horseback comes into view, moving towards the column. Approaching more closely, its scale becomes more apparent. The horse itself is a huge beast, easily over 20 hands high. Seated atop it is a figure with a size to match, nearing 8 feet in height an heavily muscled even for its considerable stature. His features, while too inhuman to be called handsome, are striking: a strong jawline and intense stare complementing features that might be described as noble.

Apart from the immense size, he could pass for any wandering sellsword with a huge greatsword strapped across his wide back and other assorted gear slung across him and his mount.

He reins in the horse as the column draws close and surveys the assembly, his gaze lingering on Razak briefly. A voice, the deepest bass most of them have likely ever heard, carries far in the silence.

“Greetings men of BelTran. I am Kilthilan Sunbringer of the clan Anakathino. What passes in the lands beneath the mountains?”

The_Admiral
2013-10-17, 03:38 AM
"HOLD!" he shouts, raising his arm as the Wreckers draw their bows, ready to fire at the target.

"A battle between gods, and one not joined. What is your purpose here stranger? Though regardless of it, I would suggest joining us in our egress." he shouted in reply to Kilthilan.

Jojomo
2013-10-17, 03:53 AM
Sunbringer makes no move to draw a weapon, holding no illusions about his chances if the situation turns violent. He looks at Razak and responds, “I keep watch over my people’s borders. While we see men in the low hills from time to time, a force over one hundred strong is quite unusual. When you departed I thought it best to follow to see if anything is amiss. If what you say is true and the gods make war on each other it is well that I did. If you do not object then I would be pleased to join you for now, perhaps you can relate recent events in more detail while we travel.”

The_Admiral
2013-10-17, 04:16 AM
"STAND DOWN!" he shouts as the Wreckers put down their bows.

"Then you are much welcome, we fight for the freedom of this land, though we have had not much success yet," he says sadly.

Erik Vale
2013-10-17, 06:40 PM
Sunbringer joins the group alongside Razak as you return to the mountains. You don't even need to look behind to tell that moral has dropped.

The return trip takes longer that the trip to, but such is to be expected when one actually travels into the mountains to make camp, and there is a delay at the rally point for you men who request they wait, partially hoping that Sid'Jax's words were false.

Spending the rest of the day to properly organise camp, prepare scouts and defences, you bunk down for the night.

OOC: Moment to talk/roleplay while I find out what is in the hex.

Jojomo
2013-10-18, 12:55 PM
Come dawn, Sunbringer is already awake, perched on a high outcropping watching the sun rise. As the camp begins to stir, he jumps from his perch, leaping from rock to rock as he descends to the camp with an agility quite incongruous with his size, clearly at home in the rocky terrain. He wanders through the camp, rumbling a greeting to the men he passes by.

He walks to where Razak slept, idly swinging a branch he'd picked up somewhere to work on his swordplay. "Good morning my friend! I hope you slept well. Do you have a plan for what to do next?"

The_Admiral
2013-10-18, 02:11 PM
"Scouting, that failed attack may have drawn undue attention, we need to know our surroundings if we want to survive the assault." he replied, as he coordinated his men.

We go take a look at 161 and 60 for our second try

Erik Vale
2013-10-18, 04:15 PM
OOC: This belongs in the original thread, feel free to copy those posts to it but there is no need, and remember, even animals have some treasure.

Are you going to search them consecutively or going to send 1 PC [with some level of reinforcement probably] to each squares to search them both on the same day? And if PC, how many soldiers? Respond in the rebel OOC unless you choose to do so by IC description.

The_Admiral
2013-10-18, 04:16 PM
Both on same day, send ten men each with the PC

Erik Vale
2013-10-18, 04:31 PM
Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308711).