PDA

View Full Version : Enlightened Spirit + Regular Warlock Progression

CyberThread
2013-10-15, 08:05 PM
Question, if an Enlightened Spirit continued progressing warlock invocation plus the stages, how much better would the class be?

IronFist
2013-10-16, 12:27 AM
It would be the best Warlock prestige class.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-10-16, 12:34 AM
The biggest problem with Enlightened Spirit is that it doesn't increase your caster level for any of your Invocations or EB. If it added its class level to your Warlock caster level for dispel checks, overcoming SR, etc., then it would actually be playable. This is the only thing that needs to be fixed about it.

As it stands, it's the best prestige class for a gestalt Warlock to take, as taken alongside of Warlock levels everything it grants stacks. It even gives you early access to Greater invocations if you start taking it as early as possible, so you end up with 3 Least, 2 Lesser, 4 Greater, and 3 Dark invocations from Warlock in addition to what ES gives you. Since ES gives you flight, you don't need to spend a Lesser invocation on Fell Flight, so it's just a net gain of a Greater invocation.

nedz
2013-10-16, 03:03 AM
I actually think that if they had packaged most of it's class abilities as new invocations then some of them would be interesting choices. As it stands you give up any choice of which invocations you end up with so you end up with a class that's to Warlock as Samurai is to Fighter. The non-stacking thing is the icing on the cake.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-10-16, 03:22 AM
Warlock 5/ Enlightened Spirit 5/ Warlock 1/ Enlightened Spirit 5/ Warlock 4
3 Least of your choice, 2 Lesser that are set from ES, 1 Greater Shape of your choice, 1 Greater of your choice, 2 Greater that are set from ES, 2 Greater of your choice.

That Greater Shape you get at ES 5 opens your Warlock invocations up to picking Greater, but ES 9 or 10 needs to give you access to Dark invocations so when you jump back into Warlock you can actually get a few. Plus it needs to increase caster level, then it will actually be viable.

nedz
2013-10-16, 03:38 AM
Perhaps I exaggerated slightly, but even with your build you get no choice of Lessers (unless you downgrade a Greater) or Darks.

I have considered a one level dip mainly for Spirit Blast but also the Auras. You do lose 1 CL, but it might be worth if for some builds.