PDA

View Full Version : OOTS Showdown #1 (Underway)

Pages : [1] 2

Silkenfist
2007-01-02, 05:15 PM
Welcome to my new project for the sandbox. Since I am mostly active for Werewolf, Heal/Hurts and Ready, Aim, Fire!, I have created a game that uses some of each. This thread is for discussion of the rules, introducing the characters and conduct all clarifications before starting the actual registration. Here we go:

Rules of OOTS Showdown

1) 13 players play the game, each one assuming the role of an OOTS character.

2) Each character has the following attributes:
a) Alignment
b) Starting HP (may be exceeded during the course of the game)
c) Initiative Modifier
d) Four abilities

3) The game consists of rounds, with one character acting once each round. The order of actions is determined by initiative rolls (1d20 + the modifier). All initiative rolls are conducted by me at the announcement of the round.
a) After the moderator has announced the round, each player has 48 hours to choose one of their character’s abilities and its target and send it to me.
a1) You may send me actions for future rounds in advance (or come up with templates for them) if you can't be present during that rounds.
b) Players may willingly lower their initiative to any (integer) value they choose. If they do, they send their new initiative to me together with their action.
c) Players with the same initiative act simultaneously.

4) All players and their characters are known to each other. The main thread may be used for negotiations, support arrangements or other diplomatic issues.
a) Players may always change their action at a later time by sending another message to me.
b) If a player doesn’t act during a round, their action is forfeited and the character catches the “Inactivity Flu”. The Inactivity Flu deals 2 damage to the character for each round, he has been missing. (For example, if a character is absent three rounds, their character is dealt 2 damage in the first round, 4 in the second and 6 in the third)
c) If a player decides to stop playing, they may hand control of their character to a replacement player. However, no player may control two characters simultaneously.
c1) The exception are abilities that explicitly hand others control of a second player.
c2) If no replacement player is found, I will write up a template for the character instead.

5) If not stated otherwise, abilities need an action to be used.
a) Passive abilities are in effect continuously. They don’t take an action and you can’t prevent them from occurring.
b) Some abilities have a lasting effect. If this is the case, the end of the effect is stated in the ability.
c) Abilities with lasting effects can’t be stacked or applied to a target more than once. (For example, if Xykon has imprisoned someone in his Moderately Escapeable Forcecage, he can’t cast the same spell on them the very next round after again). This rule prevents complete lockdowns.
d) Some abilities may cause players to hand control of their actions to another player. In that case, the respective player is notified by message that they have to choose their action, too. However, you can’t order someone to attack themselves. (For example, if Redcloak decides to be Nale’s minion, Nale will have to choose all of Redcloak’s actions together with his own.)
d1) If an effect calls for the next action to be controlled, it is only applied to the very next action. If two characters try to control the next action of the same player, the later effect overides the previous one. (For example, Redcloak as an Ini of 9, Nale one of 7. Redcloak hands control of his action to Sabine, Nale tries to control Redcloak with Charm Person. Charm Person overrides Redcloaks Loyality - the next round, he calls the actions instead of Sabine)
d2) If two players with the same initiative try to control a character's action, their effects neutralize each other.
e) Attacks can be “enhanced”, “doubled” or “decreased”. This refers only to the damage dealt.

6) Characters are dealt damage during the game. All damage is reduced from their HP immediately, Damage Reduction being the only exception
a) If a character has 0 or less HP, they die immediately even if they would be healed later that round.

7) The game is over once there is only one character left.
a) If all remaining characters die simultaneously, all who died that way are declared shared winners.

8) Before each game, characters are distributed among interested players.
a) Until a given deadline, players may choose the characters, they would most like to play. I recommend sending a list to me (via message) with the order of characters, they would most like to use. (For example: 1. Miko, 2. Roy, 3. MitD. I’ll try to give you a character in this order. If that is not possible, one is determined for you randomly)
b) If multiple players have the same preference for a character, I determine the player randomly and with regard whether they could get the next choice form their list
c) If a player can’t be assigned a character from their wish list, they are assigned one randomly.
d) If more players than characters apply, I will spontaneously create additional characters.

9) If less than 13 players apply, the remaining characters will be controlled by automatic templates.
a) Template-driven characters will be marked as such throughout the threads. New players may join the game at any time by taking over a template-driven character.
b) The templates for the characters are kept constant. They will be revealed at the end of the game.

Please don't feel intimidated by the mass of text. The rules are actually rather simple, but I couldn't do better to close all gaps and loopholes.

Silkenfist
2007-01-02, 05:25 PM
The entire cast:

Elan: Chaotic Good, 13 HP, Initiative +5
Rapier Stab: Deals 1 damage to any target character.
Look at me, I’m a Wizard. All powerful and stuff: Choose a character. Elan executes one of its abilities. Both the ability and the target are chosen randomly among all viable options.
Annoy: Target lawful character loses all actions until the end of next round.
Bard’s Song: Target character’s next attack is doubled. Wears off end of next round if not used.

Haley: Chaotic Good, 11 HP, Initiative +6
True Shot: Deals 2 damage to any target character.
Mine, Mine, Mine (passive): Haley gains 3 HP whenever an attack of her directly causes the death of a character.
Sneak Attack. Bitch: Deals 4 damage to target character who has not acted this round yet.
Intercept: Choose a target other than Haley. This round, whenever a character attacks that character, Haley deals 3 damage to the attacker. (Their attack is still executed, though)

Roy: Lawful Good, 22 HP, Initiative +1
Greatsword Slash: Deals 3 damage to any target character.
Oathbound: Deals 5 damage to target evil character. If this skill is used, Roy must keep attacking the target as long as it is alive. (Oathbound can't be used as the attack if Roy is already bound to that target)
Duelist: Target character must attack Roy or use actions against him as long as it can. Using this ability again removes it from the previous character.
Field Command (passive): The rest of OOTS gains +1 to their attacks and Initiative rolls as long as they don’t target Roy with attacks or negative abilities.

Vaarsuvius: Lawful Neutral, 10 HP, Initiative 0
Missile: Deals 2 damage to any target character.
Verbosity: Target chaotic character loses all actions until the end of next round.
Evan’s Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion: Target character with higher HP than Vaarsuvius is dealt 4 damage. They lose all actions until the end of this round.
Insightful Advice: Target character gains an additional action next round.

Durkon: Lawful Good, 16 HP, Initiative -2
Hammer Smash: Deals 2 damage to any target character.
Walking Band Aids: Target character other than Durkon gains 4 HP.
Thor’s Might: Until the end of next round, Durkon’s attack is enhanced by +5.
Mr. Trigger Happy (passive): Durkon can’t attack non-evil characters as long as at least one evil character is alive.

Belkar: Chaotic Evil, 14 HP, Initiative +4
Dagger Attack: Deals 2 damage to target character. 3, if that characer is Lawful.
Combat Glee: (passive) At the end of each round, if Belkar was dealt damage, he gains an additional action the net round.
Homicidal Maniac (passive): If a character has 2 or fewer HP at the beginning of a round, Belkar must choose it to attack that round.
Jump Attack: Name a target. The next round it is dealt 4 damage. (Belkar may still act that round)

Miko: Lawful Good, 18 HP, Initiative +5
Sworddancer: Deals 3 damage to any target character.
Smite Evil: Deals 5 damage to target evil character.
Healing Hands: Target good character gains 2 HP.
Target Fixation (passive): Each round, if there is no fixed target already, Mikos player names a fixed target. Each round, Miko deals 2 damage to that character in addition to her normal action. The fixed target can't be changed. If the target dies, Mikos player chooses a new target during the next round.

Xykon: Lawful Evil, 18 HP, Initiative -1
His soul-hiding place (passive): If Xykon dies, his player may choose an evil character. If that character is alife at the end of the next but one round, Xykon is returned to life with 9 HP.
Symbol of Pain: Deals 1 damage to any target character and 1 damage in each consecutive round. Using the ability again removes the Symbol of Pain from the former character.
Xykon’s Moderately Escapable Forcecage: Target good character loses all actions until the end of next round.
Masterplan: Choose a target character and name one of their abilities. If that character uses or had used the ability that round, they are dealt 6 damage.

Redcloak: Lawful Evil, 13 HP, Initiative 0
Harm: Deals 2 damage to target good character.
Heal: Target evil character gains 2 HP.
Raise: Target dead character is raised with 1 HP. You may choose its action for the next round.
Loyality: Choose target evil character. That character controls your actions but is dealt half of the damage (rounded up) that would be directed to you. Loyality ends only when Redcloak or his commander die.

Monster in the Darkness: Chaotic Evil, 8 HP, Initiative -2
Damage Reduction (passive): During each round, the first 5 damage against the Monster are prevented.
Freak Out: Target character can’t attack or use negative abilities against the monster until end of next round.
Gluttony: The Monster gains 1 HP. Then, if it has 30 HP or more, it wins the game.
Vengeful Strike: Deals 5 damage to any character who had attacked the Monster in any of the former rounds.

Nale: Lawful Evil, 13 HP, Initiative +3
Longsword Slash: Deals 2 damage to any target character.
Backstab: Deals 4 damage to target character who has not acted this round yet.
Charm Person: Choose target character. The next round, you may choose their action.
Masterplan: Choose a target character and name one of their abilities. If that character uses or had used the ability that round, they are dealt 5 damage.

Thog: Chaotic Evil, 24 HP, Initiative +2
Greataxe Slash: Deals 4 damage to any target character.
Thog Improvise: Deal 1 damage to any target character. Can be used even if Thog’s action would have been prevented normally.
Minionship: Choose target character. That character controls your actions. If you do so, all your attacks are enhanced by +2. This effect ends only if Thog or his commander dies.
Keep Pretty Girls away from Thog (passive): Attacks from Thog on female characters are halved. Attacks from female characters on Thog are doubled. (V is assumed to be female)

Sabine: Chaotic Evil, 15 HP, Initiative +3
Damage Reduction (passive): During each round, the first 2 damage against Sabine are prevented
Life Drain: Deals 2 damage to target character. Sabine gains 1 HP.
Energy Drain: Deals 2 damage to target character. That character loses all actions until the end of this round.
Arch Enemy: Choose a target character. All further attacks against that character are enhanced by 2. You can’t use this skill if there is another Arch Enemy alive.

Lord Shojo: True Neutral 9 HP. Ini -2
Royal Decree: Choose target Lawful character’s next action.
Shojo’s Gift: Target character gains an additional action next round.
Feigned Insanity (passive): All attacks against Lord Shojo are halved (rounded down).
Sapphire Guard Agenda (passive): If no non-Lawful characters other than Lord Shojo are alive, Lord Shojo wins the game.

Celia: Neutral Good, 11 HP, Ini +1
Thunder: Deals 2 damage to any target character.
NOT a booty talisman: Target other good character gains an additional action next round.
New line of career: Celia gains target ability of target character permanently.
Level Bypass: Exchange the initiative values of two target characters. Level Bypass becomes active at the beginning of the round, independently from Celia’s initiative.
Attention Seeker (passive): When Celia is targeted with an action that does not deal damage, she gains 2 HP.
His soul-hiding place (passive): If Xykon dies, his player may choose an evil character. If that character is alife at the end of the next but one round, Xykon is returned to life with 9 HP.

Julio Scoundrél: Chaotic Good, 16 HP, Ini +5
Swashbuckling: Julio deals 2 damage to target character, 3 if that character has more HP than Julio.
Mentorship: Target other character gains an additional action next round for each alignment they share with Julio. That character can't target Julio next round.
Wanted Criminal (passive): Whenever Julio attacks or is attacked by a Lawful character, they are both dealt 1 additional damage.
Lady’s Man (passive): Attacks from Female characters against Julio Scoundrél are halved.

Pompey: Neutral Evil, 10 HP, Ini 0
Summon Monster: Create a Centipede character with 2 HP, Initiative 0 and the action “Deal 1 damage to target character”. You may choose the actions of all Centipedes.
Buff Spells: Target characters next attack is enhanced by 2. If the target is female, it is enhanced by 4 instead.
Guard the Hostage: If target character is under the influence of a lasting effect, extend that effect until the end of next round.
Disgust (passive): Female characters can’t target Pompey with anything but attacks that deal damage.

Julia: True Neutral, 11 HP, Ini 0
Missile: Deals 2 damage to any character
Look, Boobies: Choose target male character’s next action.
Damsel in Distress: Choose target character that attacked or targeted you last round. All attacks against the target in the next round are doubled.
Attention Seeker (passive): When Julia is targeted with an action that does not deal damage, she gains 2 HP.

Silkenfist
2007-01-02, 05:30 PM
Sorry for the triple post, but I just wanted to clarify: Before actually starting, I wanted to get your input on the game concept, the rules and - most importantly - the characters. Their abilities can be changed if you have good suggestions.

Beforehand:
Yes I am aware that some characters are stronger than others and would beat almost everyone in a one-on-one. However, these characters should be the target of early coalitions, which will pretty much equalize their strengths.
Yes I am aware that these abilities are not perfect representations of the characters. I know that V is probably not Lawful. The resemblations are all on a close-enough-base. (Which doesn't mean that they can't be improved later on)

And now your thoughts.

Indurain
2007-01-02, 05:36 PM
I'm in...PM in your box!

Blood
2007-01-02, 06:41 PM
Looks...interesting. I won't play, however, cuz then I'll be bogged down even more.

I do have some input - Haley and Roy seem overpowered, whereas Miko seems underpowered. This is just after some skimming; I haven't read through the whole thing.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-02, 07:19 PM
I will throw my support for this game. I have skimmed the rules, but that's never stopped me from signing up for anything before

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-01-02, 07:28 PM
Sure, another game to sign to!

Sounds very fun by the by, lot of thinking though....

*Death joins up*

Khantalas
2007-01-02, 07:37 PM
In! In! INNNNN!

Lucky
2007-01-02, 09:02 PM
O.o

My brain just exploded.

I suppose that means yes.

Alarra
2007-01-02, 10:32 PM
Oh man....this sounds great. I think the abilities look pretty balanced, but I'm basing that purely on the fact that on each character I found myself saying 'Oh that's cool, I wouldn't mind being them'

Oh, and count me in...didn't I say that yet?

Lord Herman
2007-01-03, 05:10 AM
Ooh, another Silkenfist game! I'll have to re-read the rules to fully understand them, but the game looks fun.

One thing: could you make a 'simplified rules' thingie, without the loophole contingencies and all? Just to have a quick overview of the rules?

In any case, count me in.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-03, 06:37 AM
Sounds pretty darn awesome!

I WANNA PLAY! PLEEEEEEEAAAASE?

Silkenfist
2007-01-03, 01:02 PM
Rules of OOTS Showdown (Short Form)

1. Each player plays an OOTS character
1a) The character contains starting HP, alignment, initiative and abilities

2. The game consists of several rounds. I will start each round with an announcement post, where I will roll initiative for everybody
a) After the announcement, you have 48 hours to submit the action for your character. If you fail to do so, your character is dealt 4 damage
b) At the end of the deadline, I post the results. Your actions are executed in order of your initiative.
c) During the round you may debate, form alliances and coordinate attacks

3. There are passive abilities which are always in effect and don't use up actions
3a) Some abilities have a lasting effect on a character. In that case, the end of the effect is explicitly stated.
3b) You may not use an ability with a lasting effect against a character if that character is already under that effect.

4) Characters with less than 1 HP die immediately. As soon as there is only one character left, its player wins the game.

5) You register by sending me a message with a priority list of characters, you would like to play. At the end of registration, I will distribute characters based on these lists.

TheChris
2007-01-03, 02:38 PM
Count me in, i'm on my way out the door. I'll pm you my list later!

Khantalas
2007-01-03, 04:30 PM
I'll take whatever character is left! I just want to play!

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-01-03, 05:30 PM
Be thar room left? If so, I'd be happy to try this game. Just so long as it lacks inactivity-lynching.

Silkenfist
2007-01-03, 05:34 PM
Fullbladder: There is no inactivity lynching. However, if you don't send something for a round, I will punish your character with damage. You may avoid that by sending me actions for several rounds in advance.

Deckmaster
2007-01-03, 05:37 PM
I'm interested in playing. I don't care which character.

2007-01-03, 05:37 PM
I can handle that.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-03, 05:39 PM
Must play (twitch) forum (twitch) game. Sign me up.

Silkenfist
2007-01-03, 06:45 PM
OK, guys. After seeing that there is interest, I've decided to officially start registration for the game.

How does registration work? There are two possibilities:

1) (recommended) You send me a list with your character picks in order of priority.
2) You just apply for a position in this thread. In that case, you are appointed a random character among the ones not chosen.

Registration is open for two days until Friday 7 PM Eastern.

If you have already sent me a list, you might check the characters again. After the input of Blood, I made some adjustments:

Weakened Haley a bit (-1 HP, changed Mine, Mine, Mine)

Weakened Roy a bit (changed Oathbound)

Improved Miko (-1 HP, made Target Fixation an advantage)

Reworded Xykons Soul-Hiding Place

Revised many initiative modifiers

Also, there are some minor rules adjustments:

3a1) You may send actions for future rounds in advance

4b) Inactivity Flu is revised. The damage will increase each round.

4c2, 9) Templates are added in case of lack of (or leaving) players. Late joins become possible.

2007-01-03, 06:49 PM
*doesn't care which character*

I hate reccomended stuff.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-04, 12:23 AM
((Just noticed the OOTS smilies are randomly placed on the table when you open the window for them...))

The OOTS attempt to plan their battle:
:roy: "Here's the plan... V, stay at the back and cast whatever that spell is you like casting. Elan too. I don't want him getting in the way. The rest of us will flank Nale while... Belkar? Are you listening?"

:belkar: "Nope!" *is stabbing NPCs*

:roy: "Ooooookay... Why isn't the mark working?"

:belkar: "Game mechanics are awesome!"

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "No, game mechanics suck!"

:belkar: "Screw you!"

:vaarsuvius: Hm... I don't think I will tell Belkar that saying that was a bad idea. I wanna see him get punished

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif *punts Belkar*

:belkar: *far off into the distance* "HEY!"

:vaarsuvius: Awesome!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "I have SO wanted to do that for a long time!" :smallbiggrin:

:haley: "Can I have his potions?"

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "I'd let you, but seeing as I just punted him far off into the distance..."

:haley: "Fine. Did he drop anything?"

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "No. Not unless one copper piece counts as anything"

:haley: "It's anything. Everything is anything"

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif *sigh* "I know"

:haley: "Can I have it, then?"

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "Go ahead"

:haley: "OMGTREASURETREASURETREASURETREASURE!"

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "...How expected..."

:haley: "I think, therefore I am. Rich!"

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "Nice!"

:elan: "Become, become, become! Become insanely rich!"

:durkon: "There's an insane lich? TURN UNDEAD!"

:xykon: "Hey! No fair!" *runs*

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "Funny though!"

The Linear Guild attempt to plan their battle:
:thog: "Yay! Thog first!"

:nale: "That's nice. Let's get planning"

:sabine: "I'm totally gonna to kill that skank!"

:nale: "I was hoping that our plan would involve a BIT more planning, but that will be part of it, too"

:thog: "Thog want icecream!"

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "Here you go, Thog!" *hands Thog some icecream*

:thog: "Yay!"

:nale: "What the hell are YOU doing here?"

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "The same thing I was doing with the OOTS. Talking to them and making witty comments. I also punted Belkar and gave Haley one of his copper pieces"

:sabine: "You WHAT?!"

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "You heard"

:nale: "Um... Let's get back to the planning, okay?"

:sabine: "You're HELPING that skank?!"

:nale: "Shut up"

:thog: "Thog likes puppies!'

:nale: "..."

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif What am even I doing here? "I've just realised that I don't want to talk to you anymore. I'll be off now!" *flies away*

EDIT: As you can see, I've added the Linear Guild as well! And I used Herman's smiley of me. Thanks again to him http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif

Weebl
2007-01-04, 02:26 AM
((Just noticed the OOTS smilies are randomly placed on the table when you open the window for them...))

The OOTS attempt to plan their battle:
:roy: "Here's the plan... V, stay at the back and cast whatever that spell is you like casting. Elan too. I don't want him getting in the way. The rest of us will flank Nale while... Belkar? Are you listening?"

:belkar: "Nope!" *is stabbing NPCs*

:roy: "Ooooookay... Why isn't the mark working?"

:belkar: "Game mechanics are awesome!"

DLD: "No, game mechanics suck!"

:belkar: "Screw you!"

:vaarsuvius: Hm... I don't think I will tell belkar that saying that was a bad idea. I wanna see him get punished

DLD: *punts Belkar*

:belkar: *far off into the distance* "HEY!"

:vaarsuvius: Awesome!

DLD: "I have SO wanted to do that for a long time!" :smallbiggrin:

:haley: "Can I have his potions?"

DLD: "I'd let you, but seeing as I just punted him far off into the distance..."

:haley: "Fine. Did he drop anything?"

DLD: "No. Not unless one copper piece counts as anything"

:haley: "It's anything. Everything is anything"

DLD: *sigh* "I know"

:haley: "Can I have it, then?"

DLD: "Go ahead"

:haley: "OMGTREASURETREASURETREASURETREASURE!"

DLD: "...How expected..."

:haley: "I think, therefore I am. Rich!"

DLD: "Nice!"

:elan: "Become, become, become! Become insanely rich!"

:durkon: "There's an insane lich? TURN UNDEAD!"

:xykon: "Hey! No fair!" *runs*

DLD: "Funny though!"

:smallbiggrin: Great One!

Lord Herman
2007-01-04, 04:34 AM
Nice, DLD. But why isn't there a DLD smiley?

Oh, and Silkenfist, is my application in? I sent my PM before you officially started registration.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-04, 05:09 AM
Nice, DLD. But why isn't there a DLD smiley? Noone's made one... yet *hinthint*

Lord Herman
2007-01-04, 06:06 AM
Alright, alright, I got the hint... http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/DLD_SmileyBig.gif http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/DLD_SmileySmall.gif

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-04, 06:12 AM
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/DLD_SmileyBig.gif

It works! :smallbiggrin:

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/DLD_SmileyBig.gif

Deckmaster
2007-01-04, 10:16 AM
Hey, I want a smiley.

Also, I would like to join. Any character is fine, as previously stated.

Lord Herman
2007-01-04, 10:30 AM
Oh dear, now they all want one. http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/Deckmaster.gif

DLD, I moved your smiley. http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif

If anyone else wants one, PM me. I don't think Silkenfist appreciates it if his thread gets hijacked.

2007-01-04, 10:59 AM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/Deathemotion.gifYeah, stop hijacking the thread, honestly people.

*Death rolls his eyes*

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-04, 11:51 AM
I'd like to get in on this if there's still room.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-04, 01:58 PM
If there is room by any chance I would like to join.

TheChris
2007-01-04, 02:21 PM
Well i'm going to take back what i said about joining it. I really don't have the time to invest in this right now. Though it looks like a lot of fun and would like to play, real life has to come first.

Blood
2007-01-04, 04:34 PM
After a further reading of the rules, here's some more critiquing and glazing over.

Look at me, I’m a Wizard. All powerful and stuff: Choose a character. Elan executes one of its abilities. Both the ability and the target are chosen randomly among all viable options.
Bard’s Song: Target character’s next attack is doubled. Wears off end of next round if not used.
Elan was fairly well done. Good initiative and lowish HP, CG. Rapier Stab is obviously weak, and with his new Dashing Swordsman I think it's a tad low. Also, Bard's Song is a bit powerful - how about +2 instead of doubled? People do a ton of damage, and V for instance has a total of 10 HP! And maybe it can only be used on others. I like Annoy, but maybe it should only be allowed to be used every few turns? The Wizard one is fine.

Mine, Mine, Mine (passive): Haley gains 3 HP whenever an attack of her directly causes the death of a character.
Sneak Attack. Bitch: Deals 4 damage to target character who has not acted this round yet.
Intercept: Choose a target other than Haley. This round, whenever a character attacks that character, Haley deals 3 damage to it. (Their attack is still executed, though)
With Haley's high initiative, Sneak Attack will be good, and it's still okay in my mind - but what happens if you choose to use Sneak Attack on someone, but they end up going before you? I think she should miss, since 4 damage is high, you're taking the chance that someone won't roll higher than you. Intercept seems very overpowered. 3 damage per person attacking, PLUS whatever the other person(s) are attacking with? Mine is good too, and the True Shot.

Oathbound: Deals 5 damage to target evil character. If this skill is used, Roy must keep attacking the target as long as it is alive. (Oathbound can't be used as the attack if Roy is already bound to that target)
Duelist: Target character must attack Roy or use actions against him as long as it can. Using this ability again removes it from the previous character.
Field Command (passive): The rest of OOTS gains +1 to their attacks and Initiative rolls as long as they don’t target Roy with attacks or negative abilities.
Even with Field Command, Roy is still very powerful. He's got a moderate initiative, 22 HP, and does 3 damage while others do 1 or 2. I like Oathbound, but if you're going to work with things like that, don't do too many alignment-based abilities. One per person is more than enough, though I think you've done that so far. Duelist seems weird; maybe it could be replaced with something else. Field Command is good.

Verbosity: Target chaotic character loses all actions until the end of next round.
Evan’s Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion: Target character with higher HP than Vaarsuvius is dealt 4 damage. They lose all actions until the end of this round.
*cough* V is TN!

Interesting character. Only 10 HP, and a +0 initiative. Missile is okay. Evan's Spiked Tentacles is really really good for V, because he's got such low health, so I think that evens out a bit. Maybe Insightful Advice can't be used on himself? Verbosity should be replaced. V seems a tad underpowered overall.

Mr. Trigger Happy (passive): Durkon can’t attack non-evil characters as long as at least one evil character is alive.
Ooh, everyone will want to ally with Durkon. Thor's Might seems overpowered a bit, though I think Trigger Happy evens it out. Good character.

Dagger Attack: Deals 2 damage to target character. 3, if that characer is Lawful.
Combat Glee: (passive) At the end of each round, if Belkar was dealt damage, he gains an additional action the net round.
Homicidal Maniac (passive): If a character has 2 or fewer HP at the beginning of a round, Belkar must choose it to attack that round.
Jump Attack: Name a target. The next round it is dealt 4 damage. (Belkar may still act that round)
Combat Glee is insane. He'd almost get an extra action almost every round. Dagger Attack is good, so is HP. Initiative should be +3 I think. Homicidal Maniac seems okay, and it might even Belkar out a bit. And ouch, Jump Attack + Dagger Attack + Combat Glee (Dagger Attack) from last round vs. Miko (or V, who shouldn't be Lawful) = 10 damage in one round (one hit KO to V).

Target Fixation (passive): Each round, if there is no fixed target already, Mikos player names a fixed target. Each round, Miko deals 2 damage to that character in addition to her normal action. The fixed target can't be changed. If the target dies, Mikos player chooses a new target during the next round.
Almost as overpowered as Roy. Yes, she is stronger than the OotS, but this needs to be fairer in this case. She's got more HP than most, higher init than most, more damage than most, healing, and an extra +2 to her target. Just way too strong.

Symbol of Pain: Deals 1 damage to any target character and 1 damage in each consecutive round. Using the ability again removes the Symbol of Pain from the former character.
Xykon’s Moderately Escapable Forcecage: Target good character loses all actions until the end of next round.
Masterplan: Choose a target character and name one of their abilities. If that character uses or had used the ability that round, they are dealt 6 damage.
Right away, soul-hiding-place is way too strong. Maybe if it only works once, then it'd be okay, maybe. Initiative should be +0, I think. Symbol of Pain is powerful; there should be a way to counteract it, or maybe a duration. Forcecage is meh, a bit strong, and Masterplan's damage should be lowered a bit. Once again, an overpowered character. HP is a tad high.

Raise: Target dead character is raised with 1 HP. You may choose its action for the next round.
Loyality: Choose target evil character. That character controls your actions but is dealt half of the damage (rounded up) that would be directed to you. Loyality ends only when Redcloak or his commander die.
HP a bit low, Initiative is okay. The character is slightly underpowered - Raise is pretty silly, especially considering Belkar's Homicidal Maniac ability. Maybe Harm should be deals 2 damage or heals 1 damage (to good OR evil, since apparently Redcloak has no way to attack an Evil character at this point). And Loyality totally confirms that Redcloak is a very boring character. Redcloak needs to be edited quite a bit.

Damage Reduction (passive): During each round, the first 5 damage against the Monster are prevented.
Freak Out: Target character can’t attack or use negative abilities against the monster until end of next round.
Gluttony: The Monster gains 1 HP. Then, if it has 30 HP or more, it wins the game.
Vengeful Strike: Deals 5 damage to any character who had attacked the Monster in any of the former rounds.
Surprisingly, this is a very evened out character. Vengeful Strike is overpowered, perhaps 3 damage instead. He is meant to be defensive. And eventually, everyone will have attacked him, so it won't matter. Pretty even character.

Charm Person: Choose target character. The next round, you may choose their action.
Masterplan: Choose a target character and name one of their abilities. If that character uses or had used the ability that round, they are dealt 5 damage.
Charm Person isn't fair. He could simply use it every other round to take control of Durkon, allowing him to heal himself. Keep his Masterplan ability up to stacks with Xykon's (I think Xykon's should be lowered anyway) to keep that fair. Otherwise, I like this character. But if you weaken Charm Person, make sure you increase his health or something.

Thog Improvise: Deal 1 damage to any target character. Can be used even if Thog’s action would have been prevented normally.
Minionship: Choose target character. That character controls your actions. If you do so, all your attacks are enhanced by +2.
Keep Pretty Girls away from Thog (passive): Attacks from Thog on female characters are halved. Attacks from female characters on Thog are doubled. (V is assumed to be female)
Another way overpowered. :smalleek: Tons of health, 4 damage every turn, including 1 even if his turn is stopped, and another +2 to have a boring game. How about Pretty Girls lets girls (including V) to double damage on Thog, but not for Thog to half damage on them? It gives them too much of an advantage.

Damage Reduction (passive): During each round, the first 2 damage against Sabine are prevented
Energy Drain: Deals 2 damage to target character. That character loses all actions until the end of this round.
Arch Enemy: Choose a target character. All further attacks against that character are enhanced by 2. You can’t use this skill if there is another Arch Enemy alive.
A very static character, but a tough one nonetheless. I like Arch Enemy, but I think the two drain attacks are tough. How about Energy Drain doesn't do damage, but has them miss their turn? And Life Drain 1 and 1 instead of 2 and 1? That's good.

Be aware that I really like the concept of this game, and I know you put some hard work into this. I'm simply trying to even it out. I know you also mentioned that V is only put as Lawful because there are less Lawful characters, and female because there are less females. This is okay. And yes, some should be slightly stronger than others - makes other want to team up with them, and then to team up and backstab them, or even to all team up against the toughies first. However, I don't think anyone should be able to take out another player easily, and maybe even take out two or three without too much of a hurting. Just trying to help here. Thanks.

Silkenfist
2007-01-04, 05:40 PM
To answer some of your questions (even though it is too late to change things for the current game, I'll take your suggestions for later games)

Elan:
Annoy: The lasting effect clause in the rules prevent shutting off an opponent forever. Annoy is Elan's primary weapon in the endgame and I won't weaken it.
Bard's Song: Yes, it is strong. But without coordination you are just giving someone else an additional attack against anyone. They might even be attacking you with it. It is powerful but it doesn't increase the strength of Elan.

Haley:
Sneak Attack: The initiative is determined before you choose your action.
Intercept: Ah, this one might be ambiguously worded. You don't deal 3 damage to the target you chose. You deal 3 damage to everyone who attacked your target. (f.e. you target Roy with intercept and Roy is attacked by Miko, Elan and Redcloak - then Miko, Elan and Redcloak are dealt the damage). This represents f.e. Haley defending Elan against Sabine, Roy against Miko or V against the black dragon.

Roy:
Field Command: Is actually an advantage. It is an incentive for the OOTS not to attack Roy.
Duelist: I consider that skill to be quite important since it takes care of many characters with wicked non-combat abilities.
Overall: Yes, Roy is strong but I think he will end up getting ordered around a lot. In many endgames against a single other character, he will start taking damage at a higher rate.

Vaarsuvius:
Alignment, Gender: V is Lawful because this makes the abilities of Elan and Belkar against V seem more realistic. V is female to balance the genders.
Verbosity: Should have replaced that. V has two abilities that remove actions that are not great if you consider V's low initiative. There will be a new ability for V in the next game.
Insightful Advice: Incidentally, V couldn't use the ability on themselves, but somehow through some edits it got changed to this. Then again, I don't think it becomes too powerful that way.

Belkar:
Jump Attack: The problem with Jump Attack is the fact that your target knows their enemy and has a good chance of revenge before they are killed. And in order to use Homicidal Maniac, Belkar would have to be attacked. I know that Belkar can take out 2-3 characters on his own, but then again this game is not about killing as much characters as you possibly can. The game is about survival and Belkar has a tendency to make himself a lot of enemies.

Miko:
See Roy and see Belkar. Miko has powerful abilities but I think she will get ordered around a lot and she will make herself a lot of enemies. Target Fixation won't be her friend in the long run because as soon as she names a target, the target will do everything to get rid of Miko as quickly as possible. She will probably kill her first target before they do. But the second? And the third?

Xykon:
Might be really overpowered but I think, there are enough ways to get rid of him. Only the Masterplan will be probably lowered to 5 next time.

Redcloak:
Raise: Well...because of Belkar I might need to change it a bit, but Redcloak can and will use Raise to get rid of Evil Characters. As soon as some of the others have died, Redcloak has a lot of abilities to choose from.
Low HP: Heal self.
Loyality: Maybe I should have included a clause that Redcloak can end the effect on his own, but nobody is forcing him to choose a master. Take it as a last-ditch effort if some crazy dudes want to go evil-stomping.

Nale:
Charm Person: Of course Charm Person is not fair. The game is not fair. However, I think Nale controlling Durkon will lead to an intervention sooner or later.

Thog:
Uhm...why do you want me to change Pretty Girls if this is the one way I could keep Thog balanced. But I just noticed that I need to write an end clause to minionship.

Maybe I sound too dismissive right now. I will take your ideas into consideration for next time but for this round I will edit them only if it would absolutely break the game.

Silkenfist
2007-01-04, 05:43 PM
OK, two clarifications:

1. Haley's Intercept deals damage to the attacker.

2. Thog's Minionship ends similar to Redcloaks.

Blood
2007-01-04, 05:55 PM
Whatever you do with it, I'm glad to help. I think this game will be interesting to watch, if not play later on. Depends on how interested/busy I am and how long this game lasts.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-04, 06:16 PM
This game is a pretty nice idea. How did you come up with it?

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-05, 12:31 AM
I've added the Linear Guild to the list of pre-battle spoilers!

Indurain
2007-01-05, 12:41 AM
Do you have a list of current participants/their roles...so we can see where we stand?

2007-01-05, 12:43 AM
Yeah, because like Alarra I am *rolls a few dice* Going to be going away for a short time.

*Death quickly asks Indy what the DC is for Bluffing Silkenfist.*

Indurain
2007-01-05, 12:47 AM
I don't know Death...but I've heard the answer is a big secret.

2007-01-05, 12:56 AM
*Death rolls*

I gave up looking for it, I'll just go with a random number, like 5.

Indurain
2007-01-05, 01:19 AM
Oh Death...you slay me.

Wait...that's not what I.....*gaaaaaaaaaahhahhhhahhhhhhhhh*

Indurain slumps to the ground, lifeless.

2007-01-05, 01:28 AM
Oh, by the by, Alarra did mention that he was giving them out this friday night.

Alarra
2007-01-05, 01:49 AM
I assume he is anyway, as registration ends Friday. I would imagine roles are given out slightly after. I don't have any inside information or anything, he said it in this thread.

Silkenfist
2007-01-05, 05:33 AM
7PM Eastern, Registration will end and I will pretty much immediately calculate the distribution of your roles and start the first round.

Oh, and Death: You failed your bluff check...critically. You may play the Demon Roaches only.

2007-01-05, 05:35 AM
I dunno, normal ones can survive a nuclear bomb, demonic ones sound pretty good.

Selrahc
2007-01-05, 09:47 AM
My home PC's internet connection has stopped working. Which means I can't gllefully sign up as I would like:smallfrown:

Ah well. I can at least watch.(Plus, its probably full now anyway)

Lord Herman
2007-01-05, 09:49 AM
Are we supposed to form these alliances in this thread, or can we use PMs too?

2007-01-05, 09:52 AM
Are we supposed to form these alliances in this thread, or can we use PMs too?

Ah, no pms allowed, just stated EXACTLY what you are going to do on this thread, never use pms.

Umm...Silky told me.

Madmal
2007-01-05, 09:57 AM
I'm in, if there's still room...i'll sent the list as soon as i read th whole rules

*starts eating the instructions with its eyes*

Lord Herman
2007-01-05, 09:58 AM
Ah, no pms allowed, just stated EXACTLY what you are going to do on this thread, never use pms.

Umm...Silky told me.

Allright. I'll first ally with you, pretending to be your friend. I then wait until you've killed all the other guys for me, and then stab you in the back.

Silkenfist
2007-01-05, 10:27 AM
Uhhmmm...

Selrahc: You can still join. I will invent roles if I receive more than 13 entries.

Death, Herman: You can also use messages. If I can't control it, why ban it?

2007-01-05, 10:31 AM
Allright. I'll first ally with you, pretending to be your friend. I then wait until you've killed all the other guys for me, and then stab you in the back.

Darn, everyone is going to think I copied you now, thanks a lot.

Silkenfist
2007-01-05, 10:41 AM
Added some clauses to 5d). We will have more characters and there might be more effects of controlled actions.

Silkenfist
2007-01-05, 07:07 PM
Registration is now CLOSED!

Since a total of 18 players applied, I needed to create 5 additional characters. These are the new characters, who will be editted into the list in the first reply.

Lord Shojo, True Neutral 9 HP. Ini -2
Feigned Insanity (passive): All attacks against Lord Shojo are halved (rounded down).
Sapphire Guard Agenda (passive): If no non-Lawful characters other than Lord Shojo are alive, Lord Shojo wins the game.

Celia, Neutral Good, 11 HP, Ini +1
NOT a booty talisman: Target other good character gains an additional action next round.
Level Bypass: Exchange the initiative values of two target characters. Level Bypass becomes active at the beginning of the round, independently from Celia’s initiative.

Julio Scoundrél, Chaotic Good, 16 HP, Ini +5
Swashbuckling: Julio deals 2 damage to target character, 3 if that character has more HP than Julio.
Mentorship: Target other character gains an additional action next round for each alignment they share with Julio. That character can't target Julio next round.
Wanted Criminal (passive): Whenever Julio attacks or is attacked by a Lawful character, they are both dealt 1 additional damage.
Lady’s Man (passive): Attacks from Female characters against Julio Scoundrél are halved.

Pompey, Neutral Evil, 10 HP, Ini 0
Summon Monster: Create a Centipede character with 2 HP, Initiative 0 and the action “Deal 1 damage to target character”. You may choose the actions of all Centipedes.
Buff Spells: Target characters next attack is enhanced by 2. If the target is female, it is enhanced by 4 instead.
Guard the Hostage: If target character is under the influence of a lasting effect, extend that effect until the end of next round.
Disgust (passive): Female characters can’t target Pompey with anything but attacks that deal damage.

Julia, True Neutral, 11 HP, Ini 0
Damsel in Distress: Choose target character that attacked or targeted you last round. All attacks against the target in the next round are doubled.
Attention Seeker (passive): When Julia is targeted with an action that does not deal damage, she gains 2 HP.

Khantalas
2007-01-05, 07:16 PM
Now would be a good time to say Shojo is not lawful.

Although if he's not lawful, he can lie about not being lawful, so he may be lawful, but then...

Silkenfist
2007-01-05, 07:25 PM
Ah, right. Fixed Shojo to True Neutral. It doesn't prevent him from abusing the Lawful dudes, though.

Distribution of characters will follow shortly. Stupid bugged boards keep crashing my Internet connection.

Silkenfist
2007-01-05, 07:35 PM
The entire cast:

Intercept: Choose a target other than Haley. This round, whenever a character attacks that character, Haley deals 3 damage to the attacker. (Their attack is still executed, though)

Minionship: Choose target character. That character controls your actions. If you do so, all your attacks are enhanced by +2. This effect ends only if Thog or his commander dies.

Lord Shojo: True Neutral 9 HP. Ini -2

Celia: Neutral Good, 11 HP, Ini +1

Julio Scoundrél: Chaotic Good, 16 HP, Ini +5

Pompey: Neutral Evil, 10 HP, Ini 0

Julia: True Neutral, 11 HP, Ini 0

Silkenfist
2007-01-05, 07:47 PM
Hear Ye, Hear Ye:

{table="head"]{colsp=2}Distribution of Characters
Elan|Lord Fullbladder
Haley|Angela
Roy|weebl
Vaarsuivus|Malmagor Andrigal
Durkon|Indurain
Belkar|Lucky
Miko|DarkLightDragon
Xykon|evnafets
Redcloak|Captain van der Decken
Monster in the Darkness|Lord Herman
Nale|Atreyu the Masked Llama
Thog|Gnome Barbarian
Sabine|Alarra
Lord Shojo|Raistlin
Celia|Khantalas
Julio Scoundrél|El Jaspero
Pompey|Death
Julia|Deckmaster
[/table]

Silkenfist
2007-01-05, 07:56 PM
Round 1 starts right....NOW

{table="head"]{colsp=2}Roll for Initative
Elan|[roll0]
Haley|[roll1]
Roy|[roll2]
Vaarsuivus|[roll3]
Durkon|[roll4]
Belkar|[roll5]
Miko|[roll6]
Xykon|[roll7]
Redcloak|[roll8]
Monster in the Darkness|[roll9]
Nale|[roll10]
Thog|[roll11]
Sabine|[roll12]
Lord Shojo|[roll13]
Celia|[roll14]
Julio Scoundrél|[roll15]
Pompey|[roll16]
Julia|[roll17]
[/table]

Which leads to this order of action:

1. Elan (24)
2. Miko (21)
3. Thog (18)
4. Monster in the Darkness (16)
5. Celia (14)
6. Redcloak (13)
7. Julia (12)
8. Haley (11)
9. Nale & Sabine (9)
11. Roy (8)
12. Julio Scoundrél (7)
13. Pompey & Vaarsuvius (6)
15. Belkar (5)
16. Xykon (4)
17. Lord Shojo (3)
18. Durkon (1)

Round 1 starts now. Send your actions until Sunday, 7 PM Eastern time.

Madmal
2007-01-05, 08:40 PM
i have a question:
we can start mentioning our actions, right? if that's so... i'll edit here for he first move

Silkenfist
2007-01-05, 08:47 PM
You can declare your actions openly, you can send information to other players in private and you can even tattoo them onto your chest ;)

However, I will count only the action you send to me as a private message. Feel free to openly announce it as well, but you are not bound to that claim.

Madmal
2007-01-05, 08:52 PM
You can declare your actions openly, you can send information to other players in private and you can even tattoo them onto your chest ;)

However, I will count only the action you send to me as a private message. Feel free to openly announce it as well, but you are not bound to that claim.

so i can PM you the action? Sa-sweet

2007-01-05, 10:57 PM
WOOO! I win! I'm the blondest and my speed is the most! *performs Elan Happy-Dance*

I was actually fearing the worst.

I also choose to openly throw out mah mad skillz. Anyway, round one action: Annoy Nale/Llama. For no direct and/or positive reason, as it is the first round and everyone's new to this. Also to keep this thread up there.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-06, 01:02 AM
PERFECT opportunity!

Smite Evil-target Nale
Target Fixation-Target Nale

EDIT: I see Shojo got tweaked alot. Still seems like an interesting character though.

Lord Herman
2007-01-06, 03:21 AM
Woo! I'm the Monster in the Darkness!

Try to be scary, try to be scary, try to be scary...

evnafets
2007-01-06, 03:42 AM
:xykon: BWAHAHA
You foolish mortals can never defeat the might of Xykon,
not when I have the power of THIS on my side!

But I am hoping you can provide me with a little light entertainment. It is so dull around here these days

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-06, 04:31 AM
Cool, I'm Redcloak!

Woo! I'm the Monster in the Darkness!

Try to be scary, try to be scary, try to be scary...

:redcloak:Sir, he's about as scary as musty styrofoam.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-06, 04:39 AM
((Makes sense for El J to get Julio Scoundrel

*rolls eyes*))

Khantalas
2007-01-06, 06:22 AM
WOOO! I win! I'm the blondest and my speed is the most! *performs Elan Happy-Dance*

Just so you know, I level bypass'ed Durkon and you. You're going last.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-06, 08:11 AM
PERFECT opportunity!

Smite Evil-target Nale
Target Fixation-Target Nale

EDIT: I see Shojo got tweaked alot. Still seems like an interesting character though.

I call shenanigans. Miko doesn't even know Nale. She should be fixating on Xykon. Ow! Ow! Ow! ow! ow!

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-06, 08:36 AM
I call shenanigans. Miko doesn't even know Nale. She should be fixating on Xykon. Ow! Ow! Ow! ow! ow! ';..;'

It makes so sense for Shojo to be here either, even though I came up with the idea of including him.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-06, 10:00 AM
Thog (in Trix rabbit costume)

Thog think Not-nale is crazy. Thog like not-nale. Oohhh puppies

Deckmaster
2007-01-06, 10:44 AM
As Julia, the obvious first step is taking Pompey down. I cast Missile at Pompey.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-06, 10:48 AM
((Makes sense for El J to get Julio Scoundrel

*rolls eyes*))

*El J flies his airship through the thread and thumbs his nose at DLD*

Indurain
2007-01-06, 11:32 AM

:durkon: "I cannae lie, Thor'll be mighty pleased by your actions. I'll not be forgetting this."

Weebl
2007-01-06, 11:40 AM
This is what happened when I met my character:

*After Roy gets kiked out of the order of the stick*
:roy:: Man, they never liked me anyway.
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/Weebl.gif: Hey! Aren't you Roy!
:roy:: How do you know my name?
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/Weebl.gif: I read the comic strip, duh!
:roy:: What comic strip?
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/Weebl.gif: I so shouldn't of agreed with this!

2007-01-06, 01:33 PM

A thousand curses upon ye. Or, to be more Elan-esque, "Aww, man."

I know my target next round.

Madmal
2007-01-06, 02:21 PM
:vaarsuvius: "Halt and behold your fate, simple-minded creature! For i wield a power much mightier than any axe, a power capable of....(yadda, yadda, yadda)"

((Using "Verbosity" on the overpowered-in-my opinion Thog...))

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-07, 01:22 AM
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/DLD.gif "I like to bump it, bump it..."

:miko: "The proper term is Smite Evil..."

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-07, 05:42 AM
Oh, by the way, does using loyalty/minionship count as an action?

Silkenfist
2007-01-07, 05:56 AM
Yes: Loyality/Minionships take actions to be used.

Silkenfist
2007-01-07, 07:31 PM
The Actions of Round 1

Initiative 99
Ceila Level Bypasses Durkon and Elan. Their initiative values are exchanged.

Initiative 25
Durkon casts Thor's Might. Until the end of next round his attacks will be enhanced by +5.

Initiative 21
Miko chooses Nale as her fixed target, then attacks him with Smite Evil. Nale takes 7 damage from her attack.

Initiative 18
Thog attacks Vaarsuvius with Greataxe Slash. Keep Pretty Girls Away from Thog reduces the damage to 2.

Initiative 16
The Monster in the Darkness Freaks Out Miko. Until the end of next round, she won't be able to attack it.

Initiative 13
Redcloak casts Harm at Durkon for 2 damage.

Initiative 12
Haley Sneak Attacks Pompey for 5 damage (including 1 from Roy's Field Command).
Julia casts a Missile at Pompey for 2 damage

Initiative 9
Nale Charms Durkon and may call his action the next round.
Roy vows to destroy Nale. Oathbound deals 5 damage to him.
Sabine Life Drains Haley. She gains 1 HP, Haley loses 2.

Initiative 7
Julio Scoundrél engages Redcloak with his Swashbuckling. Redcloak is dealt 2 damage.
Vaarsuvius employs her Verbosity against Thog. Until the end of next round, he has no actions.

Initiative 6
Belkar starts coughing and takes 2 damage from the dreaded Inactivity Flu
Pompey Summons a Centipede.

Initiative 4
Xykon devises a Masterplan that requires for Haley to use her Sneak Attack. The plan works. Haley is dealt 6 damage.

Initative 3
Lord Shojo commands by Royal Decree that Nale is to Longsword Slash Julia as his next action.

Initiative 2
Elan Annoys Nale and prevents him from acting until the end of next round.

Silkenfist
2007-01-07, 07:41 PM
{table="head"]{colsp=4}Current State of the Characters
{colsp=4}Character|Player|HP|Effects
Elan|Lord Fullbladder|13 HP|
Haley|Angela|3 HP|
Roy|weebl|22 HP|(Oathbound to Nale)
Vaarsuivus|Malmagor Andrigal|8 HP|
Durkon|Indurain|14 HP|(Charmed by Nale)
Belkar|Lucky|12 HP|(1st Stage Inactivity Flu)
Miko|DarkLightDragon|18 HP|(Freaked out by the Mitd)(Fixated towards Nale)
Xykon|evnafets|18 HP|
Redcloak|Captain van der Decken|11 HP|
Monster in the Darkness|Lord Herman|8 HP|
Nale|Atreyu the Masked Llama|1 HP|(Annoyed)(Must Longsword Slash Julia with next action)
Thog|Gnome Barbarian|24 HP|(Stricken by Verbosity)
Sabine|Alarra|16 HP|
Lord Shojo|Raistlin|9 HP|
Celia|Khantalas|11 HP|
Julio Scoundrél|El Jaspero|16 HP|
Pompey|Death|3 HP|
Julia|Deckmaster|11 HP|
Centipede|Death|2 HP|(Controlled by Pompey)
[/table]

Silkenfist
2007-01-07, 07:48 PM
On to the next round

Elan|[roll0]
Haley|[roll1]
Roy|[roll2]
Vaarsuivus|[roll3]
Durkon|[roll4]
Belkar|[roll5]
Miko|[roll6]
Xykon|[roll7]
Redcloak|[roll8]
Nale|(NO ACTION)
Thog|(NO ACTION)
Sabine|[roll10]
Lord Shojo|[roll11]
Celia|[roll12]
Julio Scoundrél|[roll13]
Pompey|[roll14]
Julia|[roll15]
[/table]

1. Haley (25)
2. Elan, Julio Scoundrél (20)
4. Monster in the Darkness (17)
5. Sabine, Pompey (16)
7. Belkar, Miko, Thog (15)
9. Durkon (Controlled by Nale), Julia, Centipede (14)
11. Roy, Vaarsuvius (12)
13. Xykon (7)
14. Celia, Redcloak (3)
16. Lord Shojo (2)

Round 2 starts now. Send your actions until Tuesday, 6 PM Eastern time.

Lucky
2007-01-07, 08:34 PM
:belkar: Clang, clang, clang with the trolley... Ack! Cough! Bleck! Ohhh.... Centipede... DIE!!!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-07, 09:36 PM
(confusion..I'm annoyed, so I get no action, but I must attack Julia.)

(confusion: WHAT DID I DO TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE? I was triple teamed out there. Its bad enough Rawhide hired Ceika to make 2 flamed llama avatars over in RB, but that beatdown pretty much ensured my death next round by Miko's sacred vow alone.)
(oh look, the walking band-aid is under my control. I may live to see round three after all.)

:nale:

2007-01-07, 10:37 PM
:elan:

"Aw, Celia. Why'd you go slow me down?"

*begins incoherent banter*

Fullbladder

"Darnit, Khantalas. You'll pay for that."

*begins coherent chatter... mostly consisting of Transformers discussion*

Silkenfist
2007-01-07, 11:19 PM
Llama: You get no action next round and the round after that you must attack Jula.

evnafets
2007-01-08, 12:54 AM
Couple of questions for clarification

1 - Because he is a homicidal maniac, Belkar must attack any character with 2HP or less. Does that include the centipede? Otherwise its Nale.
2 - Is Belkar's action automatic, or can he succumb to second stage inactivity flu and do nothing this round?
3 - Can Thog still use his "improvise" ability this round to do 1 damage?
4 - If Thog attacks a female with "improvise" is damage 1, 1/2 or 0?

Indurain
2007-01-08, 01:23 AM
((If Nale has no action, but he controls me, does that mean he can't tell me what to do and I'm free to act of my own volition?))

Silkenfist
2007-01-08, 02:01 AM
1: Yes, it includes the Centipede
2: No, Belkar's action is not automatic
3: Ah...right. Initiative for Thog is rolled below
4: 0. Halved means always rounded down in that case.
5: Nope. Nale still calls your shots.

Missing Initiative Values.

Thog [roll0]
Centipede [roll1]

Angela
2007-01-08, 03:35 AM
Aahhh...Indurian...When Durkon is back under your control, I don't suppose you could send some of that walking band-aid goodness Haley's way??? Pretty please???

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-08, 05:35 AM
*whistle*

:miko: "You have no idea"

Deckmaster
2007-01-08, 04:06 PM
If I use Look, Boobies on someone and their initiative is less than mine, does that mean I control their action this round or next round?

Silkenfist
2007-01-08, 04:38 PM
You choose their actions this round if that happens to be the next one.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-09, 05:16 AM
That confuses me.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-09, 01:34 PM
That is confusing. As far as I can tell, it means yes.

Edit: I was right.

Silkenfist
2007-01-09, 02:28 PM
It means Yes.

Weebl
2007-01-09, 02:32 PM
Thank god! That frazzeled my brain!

evnafets
2007-01-09, 02:34 PM
Oh yeah that makes sense.

Q: If their initiative is less than mine, does that mean I control their action this round or next round?
A: Yes.
????
To make it simple.
A: This round.

You control the next action.
If the target's next action is this round, you control this round.
If the target's next action is next round, you control next round.
If the target is disabled in some way (verbosity, force cage, annoy...) judging by what happened with Lord Shojo's decree you still control the next action - that action is just delayed a round.

Hence Nale is thoroughly up **** creek, because this round he is annoyed (no action) and next round (if still around) he has to follow Lord Shojo's decree.

2007-01-09, 05:03 PM
Cool. Shojo an' I should team up. We'd win.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-09, 05:44 PM
Shojo's gift to roy

Weebl
2007-01-09, 06:34 PM
This rounds results up soon!

Silkenfist
2007-01-09, 06:40 PM
The Actions of Round 2

Initiative 25
Haley Sneak Attacks Nale. Nale dies. Mine, Mine, Mine brings Haley 3 HP.

Initiative 20
Elan tries to Annoy Celia and fails because she is not Lawful.
Julio Scoundrél Swashbuckles Redcloak for 2 damage.

Initiative 17
Monster in the Darkness uses Gluttony to gain 1 HP.

Initiative 16
Sabine declares Haley as her Arch Enemy.
Pompey casts Buff spells on Miko.

Initiative 15
Belkars Dagger Attack deals 3 damage and kills the Centipede
Miko attacks Belkar with Smite Evil for 9 damage. Her fixed target is not alive anymore.
Thog deals 1 damage to Roy with Thog Improvise

Initiative 14
Durkon regains his senses and uses Hammer Smash for 3 damage against the Monster.
Julia uses Look, Boobies against Julio Scoundrél to make him Swashbuckle Pompey during the next round.

Initiative 12
Roy mutilates Nales corpse with a Greatsword Slash
Vaarsuvius casts Evans Spiked Tentacled of Forced Intrustion against Redcloak causing 4 damage and a missed action.

Initiative 7
Xykons masterplan requires for Durkon to use his Walking Band-Aids. It fails.

Initiative 3
Celia starts coughing and is dealt 2 damage by the Inactivity Flu.

Initiative 2
Lord Shojo sends a Gift Coupon to Roy, granting him an additional action next round

2007-01-09, 06:44 PM
*opens mouth* *closes mouth* *opens mouth again*

I helped kill Nale! Yay!

*pokes corpse*

Silkenfist
2007-01-09, 06:54 PM
Elan|Lord Fullbladder|13 HP|
Haley|Angela|6 HP|
Roy|weebl|21 HP|(Additional action)
Durkon|Indurain|14 HP|
Belkar|Lucky|3 HP|(Additional action)
Miko|DarkLightDragon|18 HP|(Needs to choose a new Fixed Target)
Xykon|evnafets|18 HP|
Redcloak|Captain van der Decken|4 HP|
Monster in the Darkness|Lord Herman|6 HP|
Nale|Atreyu the Masked Llama|0 HP|[DEAD]
Thog|Gnome Barbarian|24 HP|
Sabine|Alarra|16 HP|(Arch Enemy: Haley)
Celia|Khantalas|11 HP|(1st stage Inactivity Flu)
Julio Scoundrél|El Jaspero|16 HP|(Must Swashbuckle Pompey next round)
Pompey|Death|3 HP|
Julia|Deckmaster|11 HP|
[/table]

Silkenfist
2007-01-09, 06:59 PM
Elan|[roll0]
Haley|[roll1]
Roy|[roll2]
Vaarsuivus|[roll3]
Durkon|[roll4]
Belkar|[roll5]
Miko|[roll6]
Xykon|[roll7]
Redcloak|[roll8]
Nale|[DEAD]
Thog|[roll10]
Sabine|[roll11]
Lord Shojo|[roll12]
Celia|[roll13]
Julio Scoundrél|[roll14]
Pompey|[roll15]
Julia|[roll16]
[/table]

1. Elan (24)
2. Celia, Vaarsuvius (21)
4. Miko (18)
5. Roy (15)
6. Haley (14)
7. Pompey (13)
8. Thog (12)
9. Julio Scoundrél (11)
10. Belkar (10)
11. Xykon (8)
12. Redcloak, MitD, Julia (6)
15. Sabine (4)
16. Lord Shojo (3)
17. Durkon (0)

Silkenfist
2007-01-09, 07:09 PM
A few additional things:

Elan tried to Annoy Celia - which doesn't work due to her lack of Lawfulness. Unfortunately I didn't check which means that Elan just forfeited his action. Please check yourselves if your actions work. I don't have the routine yet and I'm still producing glitches

If you find yourself dominated/charmed during a round, you may submit your action anyway. It will be executed in case of preemptive death of your controller (This happened last round with Nale and Durkon)

Also we have our first casuality. Moment of Silence for Nale

(cheers from the stands)

Please guys. One moment

(booing)

Please? Even for Nale

(Sardonic singing...
There once was a chap called Nale
Who send his brother to jail
But the brother came back to intervene
And destroy Nales devious scheme
And now he looks very pale)

OK, no moment of silence for Nale then. Send your actions anyway.

Deadline for sending in actions is Thursday, 7 PM Eastern

Weebl
2007-01-09, 07:16 PM
I feel sorry for durkon getting such a low intiative.

2007-01-09, 07:50 PM
Wouldn't Julio's Ladies' Man give him some resistance to Julia's Look, Boobies? Perhaps a 50% miss chance?

He is a ladies' man after all. Not like it's anything he hasn't seen before.

Silkenfist
2007-01-09, 08:10 PM
Yeah, but a true Swashbuckler wouldn't deny a fair Lady's request, would he?

This abilitiy is not about Julios ability, it is about the Ladys' reluctancy to hurt him.

But then again, there will be a feedback thread at the end of the game, where you can suggest changes to characters and their abilities.

evnafets
2007-01-09, 08:42 PM
f you find yourself dominated/charmed during a round, you may submit your action anyway. It will be executed in case of preemptive death of your controller
Nice to know.
It would SO have changed my action if I had known this before.

Question.
IF Nale hadn't died, and IF he wasn't under some effect that prevented his action from happening, would he have had a normal action this round, as well as controlling Durkon? (I know its a lot of ifs)

If Lord Shojo issues a decree, and then promptly dies, does the target need to carry out that decree? To be consistent, I would say no.

Silkenfist
2007-01-09, 08:54 PM
Sorry evnafets - I hope to have everthing clarified soon.

Question 1: No. Nale would have lost his own action (i.e. by Elan's Annoy) but this does not prevent him from controlling someone else's action.

Question 2: No. The death of the commander ends the decree.

evnafets
2007-01-09, 09:03 PM
It was more of an argument that Nale spent his action LAST round, to affect Durkon THIS round. Seeing as he died this round, has last round action is wasted as well.
I don't really mind so much as long as we play this consistently.

I suppose thats just life. My master plan was foiled by incompetent minions :xykon:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-09, 11:05 PM
its not my fault I died. I didn't see you all stepping up to save me.

Indurain
2007-01-09, 11:09 PM
((If my attack was increased by 5 due to my first round action, how did I only do 3 damage this round?))

((I'm also willing to make alliances for some walking band-aid action if anyone is interested...you know where to find me.))

Silkenfist
2007-01-09, 11:39 PM
Indurain: Damage reduction

Indurain
2007-01-09, 11:48 PM
(Gotcha...bad move then really...Oh well)

evnafets
2007-01-10, 12:50 AM
But then shouldn't the damage have been 2 rather than 3?
Hammer = 2 damage.
Thor's might = +5
Damage reduction = 5

Total damage = 2

Silkenfist
2007-01-10, 01:28 AM
Roy's Field Command

evnafets
2007-01-10, 01:38 AM
Ye gods this is almost as bad as the OOTS board game for working out things like this. :)

Weebl
2007-01-10, 02:34 AM
I have figured out that one character will die this round at least.

Madmal
2007-01-10, 06:47 PM
questions:
1) Why did Thog acted? i used verbosity on him....
2) Does Roy's passive bonus also applies to actions? if so, i should have done 5 damage to Redcloack...

EDIT:
Forget 1), just re-checked Thog's actions...

Silkenfist
2007-01-10, 06:53 PM
2) Correct - Will adjust Redcloaks HP now.

Note to self: Don't forget character's passive actions. Sorry if I keep stumbling over stuff. I will acquire routine soon, I hope.

Altharis
2007-01-11, 03:03 AM
Any places left?

Silkenfist
2007-01-11, 08:46 AM
Quick Reminder: I still need a lot of actions and there are just 12 hours left.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-11, 06:39 PM
Shojo uses Royal Decree to make Miko Smite evil against Redcloak

Silkenfist
2007-01-11, 07:21 PM
The Actions of Round 3

Initiative 24
Elan uses his Bard's Song to boost Haley

Initiative 21
Celias Thunder deals 2 damage to Pompey. Her Inactivity Flu is healed
Vaarsuvius unleashes Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion. With Damage Reduction and Field Command applied, Sabine is dealt 3 damage.

Initiative 18
Miko names Belkar as her new fixed target which causes 2 damage to him immediately. Then she Smites Thog for 10 damage, since pretty girls can Hurt Thog a lot.

Initative 15
Through Shojo's Gift Coupon, Roy has received a second action. He uses Oathbound and Greatsword Slash against Thog for 8 damage

Initiative 14
Haley uses Sneak Attack against Sabine. Since Sabine's damage reduction is worn down, Haley's attack, boosted by Roy and Elan, deals 9 damage.

Initaitve 13
Pompey starts coughing. In his wounded state, the Inactivity Flu has become deadly.

Initiative 12
Thog declares Minionship to Not-Nale, uhm Elan.

Initiative 11
Julio Scoundrél, compelled to swashbuckle Pompey, engages the corpse of the wizard in a swordfight.

Initiative 10
Belkar, driven by Combat Glee and fueled by Roy's Field Command, unleashes two Dagger Attacks on Miko for a total of 8 damage.

Initiative 8
Xykon sends Roy a Symbol of Pain, which deals one damage right then.

Initiative 6
Redcloak Heals himself
The Monster in the Darkness suffers from Inactivity. No, this time it IS serious. The Damage Reduction absorbs the Inactivity damage, though.
Julia casts as Missile at the already mutilated corpse of Pompey.

Initiative 4
Sabine spens some time in the tentacles and does pretty much nothing

Initiative 3
Lord Shojo sends Miko a Royal Decree to Smite Redcloak

Initiative 0
Durkon brings out the Band-Aids to heal Haley.

Silkenfist
2007-01-11, 07:26 PM
Elan|Lord Fullbladder|13 HP|(Controlling Thog)
Haley|Angela|10 HP|
Roy|weebl|20 HP|(Symbol of Pain)
Durkon|Indurain|14 HP|
Belkar|Lucky|1 HP|(additional action)
Miko|DarkLightDragon|10 HP|(Royal Decree to Smite Redcloak)
Xykon|evnafets|18 HP|
Redcloak|Captain van der Decken|6 HP|
Monster in the Darkness|Lord Herman|6 HP|(1st Stage Inactivity Flu)
Thog|Gnome Barbarian|6 HP|(Minion to Elan)
Sabine|Alarra|4 HP|(Arch Enemy: Haley)
Celia|Khantalas|11 HP|
Pompey|Death|0 HP|[DEAD]
Julia|Deckmaster|11 HP|
[/table]

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-11, 07:30 PM
Thog Hurt badly...He just tried to be friends with not-nale

Silkenfist
2007-01-11, 07:31 PM
{table="head"]{colsp=2}Roll for Initiative
Elan|[roll0]
Haley|[roll1]
Roy|[roll2]
Vaarsuivus|[roll3]
Durkon|[roll4]
Belkar|[roll5]
Miko|[roll6]
Xykon|[roll7]
Redcloak|[roll8]
Nale|[DEAD]
Thog|[roll10]
Sabine|[roll11]
Lord Shojo|[roll12]
Celia|[roll13]
Julio Scoundrél|[roll14]
Pompey|[DEAD]
Julia|[roll15]
[/table]

This is your order of Initative:

1. Elan, Haley (24)
3. Durkon (18)
4. Julio Scoundrél, Julia (16)
6. Xykon, Redcloak (14)
8. Roy (13)
9. Monster in the Darkness (12)
10. Thog (9)
11. Vaarsuivus, Celia (8)
13. Belkar (7)
14. Miko (6)
15. Sabine (5)
16. Lord Shojo (-1)

Silkenfist
2007-01-11, 07:40 PM
It looks like there is a clear tendeny forming: The good duys beat up the bad ones pretty badly. If I had anticipated how true to the good-evil conflicts you were playing, I would have included more of Nale's staff.

Ah, well. Another character has passed away today. Can we have a moment of silence for our favorite women-groping turncoat wizard apprentice.

(Dull sounds in the back)

Thanks for your piety, folks. Now back to...

:nale:: *spits gag out* That little TURNCOAT. I am rotting in prison and he decides to become a hippie instead. If I find you, I will...

Me: Dude, you're dead.

:nale:: Oh...right. *slumps down*

Back to the game. You have 2 days for your next action.

Deadline is Saturday 7 PM Eastern

Khantalas
2007-01-11, 08:01 PM
Can we steal passive abilities?

Silkenfist
2007-01-11, 08:09 PM
Yes, you can.

Khantalas
2007-01-11, 08:14 PM
I want... "Attention Seeker"!

2007-01-11, 09:34 PM
((Oh dear, I didn't notice the change from 2 to 3, sorry about that, great game though, next round I will read more carefully. Good luck Evil characters/Miko))

Indurain
2007-01-11, 11:22 PM
About time I got a good initiative roll...now what do I do with it?

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-12, 12:20 AM
Of all characters, BELKAR had to beat me in initiative? Heals muchly appreciated!

EDIT: Because I have to smite Redcloak, is this automatic or do I still have to send the pm even though I can't choose what I do?

EDIT 2:
About time I got a good initiative roll...now what do I do with it? Heal me! Please?

Raistlin1040
2007-01-12, 03:25 AM
I'll use royal decree to have Miko Smite evil against MitD

Lord Herman
2007-01-12, 03:37 AM
Dammit, I thought I had submitted my action! Seems like I mentioned my action to my allies, but forgot to actually submit it...

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-12, 11:53 AM
I'll use royal decree to have Miko -snip- *headdesk*

2007-01-12, 02:09 PM
I can now perform devilish combinations, using Bard Song and the friggin' Half-Orc under my dread power! Bwahahahahahahaaaa! Bwahahahaaa! Bwah!

Er.... I mean...

evnafets
2007-01-12, 04:34 PM
EDIT: Because I have to smite Redcloak, is this automatic or do I still have to send the pm even though I can't choose what I do?

Send a PM of your action in anyway. If Lord Shojo comes to an untimely end before it reaches your turn, then you are no longer bound by his decree, and your chosen action will get executed instead.

The question is what would that action be?
:xykon:

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-12, 04:37 PM
Damn you Raistlin!

Angela
2007-01-12, 05:06 PM
Since Lord Fullbladder and I have the same initiative, can I choose to hold my action until after he has acted??

evnafets
2007-01-12, 05:12 PM
Since Lord Fullbladder and I have the same initiative, can I choose to hold my action until after he has acted??

Looking for a one hit kill eh? :xykon:
Why don't you just take out one of your party members?
Like Belkar?

The rules on page 1:

b) Players may willingly lower their initiative to any (integer) value they choose. If they do, they send their new initiative to me together with their action.

So you could change your initiative to 23 (one less than Elan, but more than anyone else) which would accomplish what you want.

Silkenfist
2007-01-12, 05:26 PM
Angela: Yep - Just say so in your message.

2007-01-12, 07:36 PM
Well, Angela, I already made a contractual agreement with Gnome/Thog to save him from Roy. And that would be my second asction correction. I'm sure you'll make it.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-12, 09:14 PM
Sorry Miko but you're my best pawn-I mean vassal (shifty eyes)

Angela
2007-01-13, 01:31 AM
Well, Angela, I already made a contractual agreement with Gnome/Thog to save him from Roy. And that would be my second asction correction. I'm sure you'll make it.

That's fine - it was more curiousity than anything else :smallbiggrin:

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-13, 02:09 AM
Sorry Miko but you're my best pawn-I mean vassal (shifty eyes) At least I'm not the one who takes the blame :smallwink:

Silkenfist
2007-01-13, 08:12 PM
The Actions of Round 4: [DUN DUN DUN]

Initiative 99
Xykon's Symbol of Pain deals 1 damage to Roy

Initiative 24
Elan boosts Thog with a Bard's Song
Haley Sneak Attacks Belkar, killing him instantly. Mine, Mine, Mine earns her 3 HP

Initiative 18
Durkon casts Thor's Might, adding +5 to his attacks.

Initative 16
Julio Scoundrél continues to Swashbuckle Redcloak
Julia casts a Missile at Sabine, though her damage is soaked by the Damage Reduction

Initiative 14
Redcloak prefers to Heal himself
Xykon imprisons Roy in his Moderately Escapable Forcecage

Initiative 13
Roy is unable to do anything

Initiative 12
The Monster in the Darkness Freaks Out Miko

Initative 9
Thog lets loose a Greataxe Slash against Roy - boosted by Elan's song and Elan's control, he deals 10 damage.

Initiative 8
Vaarsuvius starts coughing...
Celia decides that Julia's Attention Seeker ability would suit her well. New Line of Profession makes it possible.

Initiative 6
Miko bumps ugly Smites Redcloak for 5 damage. Also she needs a new fixed target.

Initiative 5
Sabine tries to have a date with Haley and her rapidly diminishing life energy. Life Drain for 4 damage and 1 HP.

Initiative -1
Lord Shojo sends Miko another decree - Her holy order is to smite the Monster. Freaked Out, Miko rejects the order outright, retaining control over herself.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-13, 08:16 PM
Just a quick question Thog does 4 damge plus 2 for him being under minionship wouldnt that then double to 12???

Silkenfist
2007-01-13, 08:19 PM
Elan|Lord Fullbladder|13 HP|(Controlling Thog)
Haley|Angela|9 HP|
Roy|weebl|9 HP|(Symbol of Pain)(Moderately Escapeable Forcecage)
Vaarsuivus|Malmagor Andrigal|6 HP|(1st Stage Inactivity Flu)
Durkon|Indurain|14 HP|(Thor's Might)
Belkar|Lucky|0 HP|[DEAD]
Miko|DarkLightDragon|10 HP|(needs to choose a new fixed target)(Freaked Out by the Monster)
Xykon|evnafets|18 HP|
Redcloak|Captain van der Decken|1 HP|
Thog|Gnome Barbarian|6 HP|(Minion to Elan)
Sabine|Alarra|5 HP|(Arch Enemy: Haley)
Celia|Khantalas|11 HP|
Pompey|Death|0 HP|[DEAD]
Julia|Deckmaster|11 HP|
[/table]

Silkenfist
2007-01-13, 08:20 PM
Gnome: No. First the Bard's Song is applied (because it happened through Elan's Initiative), then Thog receives +2 (because it is added onto the attack directly before execution)

Yes, I know that I will need a LONG FAQ before the next game.

Silkenfist
2007-01-13, 08:23 PM
Elan|[roll0]
Haley|[roll1]
Roy|[roll2]
Vaarsuivus|[roll3]
Durkon|[roll4]
Belkar|[DEAD]
Miko|[roll5]
Xykon|[roll6]
Redcloak|[roll7]
Monster in the Darkness|[roll8]
Nale|[DEAD]
Thog|[roll9]
Sabine|[roll10]
Lord Shojo|[roll11]
Celia|[roll12]
Julio Scoundrél|[roll13]
Pompey|[DEAD]
Julia|[roll14]
[/table]

1. Julio Scoundrél (23)
2. Thog (22)
3. Celia (21)
4. Haley (19)
5. Elan (17)
6. Redcloak, Roy, Julia (16)
9. Sabine, Lord Shojo (15)
11. Xykon (10)
12. Miko (6)
13. Vaarsuvius (5)
14. Durkon, MitD (0)

Silkenfist
2007-01-13, 08:36 PM
Stuff happened. Roy took a beating, Redcloak took a whooping, Belkar died.

Moment of Silence for our belo uhm... for our Ranger with the excellent fighting skills, deep-seated emotional problems and a Wisdom modifier of about -27.

Moment over. I'd like to announce that Celia has started to use her New Line of Career ability - which will add new abilities to her. The updated characters can be found on the first page.

Now to the next round. Please send your actions until Monday, 7 PM Eastern.

evnafets
2007-01-13, 09:28 PM
:xykon: BWAHAHA I Love it!
One little suggestion from me and Haley offs Belkar!

Miko, you better thank Haley for that, cause she stopped you getting spit roasted by double daggers.

Couple of questions.
1 - Abilities that do damage over multiple rounds.
- Xykon's Symbol of pain took effect immediately (Initiative 99)
- Miko's fixed target ability did not. I presume it would have been actioned on her turn.
Just want to clear up that they act in different ways. I didn't think Roy would lose the HP until my turn came around.

It didn't make any difference with regard to the Symbol of Pain, it would have made a BIG difference with regard to Mikos ability, taking out Belkar before he could act, and even before Haley could snipe him.

Next question - From the description of Xykon's Force cage ability:

Does Roy get an action this round, or is he still bound up in that forcecage?
Just asking seeing as your rolled an initiative for him.

Silkenfist
2007-01-13, 09:34 PM
:xykon: BWAHAHA I Love it!
One little suggestion from me and Haley offs Belkar!

Miko, you better thank Haley for that, cause she stopped you getting spit roasted by double daggers.

Couple of questions.
1 - Abilities that do damage over multiple rounds.
- Xykon's Symbol of pain took effect immediately (Initiative 99)
- Miko's fixed target ability did not. I presume it would have been actioned on her turn.
Just want to clear up that they act in different ways. I didn't think Roy would lose the HP until my turn came around.

It didn't make any difference with regard to the Symbol of Pain, it would have made a BIG difference with regard to Mikos ability, taking out Belkar before he could act, and even before Haley could snipe him.

Next question - From the description of Xykon's Force cage ability:

Does Roy get an action this round, or is he still bound up in that forcecage?
Just asking seeing as your rolled an initiative for him.

- Abilities that do damage each turn: I don't have a fixed ruling for that and until now it made no difference. I think, Miko will be brought to 99 as well if her target was chosen before. If she chose her target during that round, it will be dealt damage during her initiative.

- Roy is still in the forcecage. Deleted his roll, editted everything.

evnafets
2007-01-13, 09:45 PM
I'm presuming this ruling isn't going to be retroactive because damage to Belkar would have killed him before Haley could, and thus she wouldn't have got her 3HP this round. In fact there was nothing Belkar could do - he was dead before the round started.

Actually I was hoping you'd go the other way - that the damage happens on the turn of the caster (ie Xykon or Miko). Having it like that makes it possible for someone to intervene either by healing the target, or by killing the source of the continuous damage.

2007-01-13, 10:49 PM
I have a couple of questions this time.

Elan's Look at me, I'm a Wizard. All Powerful and Stuff. ability: Can it be targeted at a dead character, taking that character's abilities? Furthermore, once it does take the ability for that round, does the ability target (which is in itself random) have a cahnce of, well, mulching a dead body?

And, does Thog's passive ability, which halves his damage against female characters, come into effect before or after, say, a Bard's Song is placed on him? I realize this makes no difference either way, but still.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-14, 05:46 AM
*Miko points and laughs at Shojo*

Silkenfist
2007-01-14, 06:09 AM
evnafets: No, the ruling is not retroactive because I defined it just now

Fullbladder:
- Elan may only choose living characters for that ability
- When randomly searching a target, I will only have viable options as targets
- Thog's passive ability comes into action after the Bard's Song

2007-01-14, 11:07 AM
Ah. Thank you.

2007-01-14, 11:49 AM
Just as an OOC note: I think next time we do this game, it'll be really important to consider the balance of alignments in the offered characters and powers. Many of the buff powers are alignment-based and with the dominance of Good characters in the game clearly the handful of Evil characters are getting wasted very quickly.

Silkenfist
2007-01-14, 02:12 PM
Well...as I said: I didn't think it would turn out to become a battle between Good and Evil so directly.

2007-01-14, 02:17 PM
Yeah, clearly none of us did; I'm just thinking that at least part of that is because many of the powers work better against certain alignments. It's not meant as a criticism, it's meant as "something to put on the list for next time".

Raistlin1040
2007-01-14, 10:06 PM
Royal decree that Vaarsuvius must Magic Missle Sabine

Alarra
2007-01-14, 10:18 PM
But....I haven't even gotted to play yet

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-14, 11:44 PM
"Let's play a game!"

*THWACK*

Deckmaster
2007-01-15, 12:24 PM
Since Thog is Elan's minion, can I use Look, Boobies to make Thog do something different than what Elan wants him to do, or should I use my ability on Elan to make him make Thog do something?

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Selrahc
2007-01-15, 12:31 PM
Is it just me or is Celias "New Line of Career" ability insanely great? For some reason I thought it was a usable once only thing, which would have been fine.

As is? She could grab DR 5 from the MitD and Feigned insanity from Shojo and be nearly untouchable just for starters.

Silkenfist
2007-01-15, 03:52 PM
Deckmaster: If you want to order Thog around, you must target Thog with your ability. Ordering Elan around doesn't prevent him from choosing Thogs actions.

Selrahc: Yup. Correctly used, Celia is insanely powerful. Of course there is the risk of being teamed upon when you threaten to become too powerful.

Khantalas
2007-01-15, 04:37 PM
Is it just me or is Celias "New Line of Career" ability insanely great? For some reason I thought it was a usable once only thing, which would have been fine.

As is? She could grab DR 5 from the MitD and Feigned insanity from Shojo and be nearly untouchable just for starters.

Is it usable twice?

OK, give me three rounds to steal DR 2 from Sabine, DR 5 from MitD and Feigned Insanity from Shojo. I can't do much, but I am damn hard to kill.

Silkenfist
2007-01-15, 04:49 PM
It is uasble as often as you want.

evnafets
2007-01-15, 05:19 PM
Question: How would damage reduction stack with Feigned insanity?
Would it be
damageToCharacter = (damage - DR) / 2
or
damageToCharacter = (damage / 2) - DR

eg 2DR and feigned insanity.
Get hit with 4 damage.
Would that end up doing 1 damage to hp, or would 4 be converted to 2, and soaked up as damage reduction?

Bottome line: Would feigned insanity effectively double the damage reduction?

Silkenfist
2007-01-15, 05:29 PM
Feigned Insanity doubles the damage reduction, then keeps halving the attacks.

evnafets
2007-01-15, 05:56 PM
So assuming Celias plan works, she gets those abilities over the next 3 turns.

DR7 + Feigned insanity = Must do 16 points of damage before we even scratch her? 14 to get past damage reduction + 2 more to do 1 HP damage.

Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

2007-01-15, 06:10 PM
After Roy falls I propose an Alliance of the Live to take out Celia before Khantalas can go through with his vile little plan.

Silkenfist
2007-01-15, 07:25 PM
What Happened in Round 5?

Initiative 99
The Symbol of Pain deals 1 damage to Roy. Again.

Initiative 23
Julio Scoundrél engages Redcloak once again, this time lethally.

Initiative 22
Thog waits a bit.

Initiative 21
Celia gives Durkon a Booty Talisman second action for the next round.

Initative 19
Haley shoots Redcloak's corpse but it is already looted.

Initiative 17
Elan casts Bard's Song on Thog

Initiative 16
Thog uses his Greataxe on Roy. Booosted by Elan, he manages to kill him.
Julia starts looking a bit pale...

Initiative 15
Sabine proves to be a bit of a one-trick-fiend, Life Draining Haley a bit more.
Lord Shojo sends Vaarsuvius the royal decree to attack Sabine with a Missile

Initiative 10
Xykon is not out of Forcecages yet. Durkon is next to be imprisoned.

Initiative 6
Miko names Elan as her new Fixed Target, while Thog meets the full impact of a Smite Evil. 2 and 10 damage for our Chaotic Duo, which Thog does not survive.

Initiative 4
Vaarsuvius decides to comply with Royal orders and sends a missile towards Sabine. Without Roy boosting him, there is nothing happening, though.

Initiative 0
Durkon's WWTD-necklace once again proves useless in dealing with a Forcecage
The Monster in the Darkness vengefully strikes Durkon for 5 damage. With Nutmeg.

Silkenfist
2007-01-15, 07:29 PM
Elan|Lord Fullbladder|11 HP|
Haley|Angela|5 HP|
Roy|weebl|0 HP|[DEAD]
Vaarsuivus|Malmagor Andrigal|6 HP|
Durkon|Indurain|9 HP|(Xykon's Moderately Escapable Forcecage)
Belkar|Lucky|0 HP|[DEAD]
Miko|DarkLightDragon|10 HP|(Fixed Target: Elan)
Xykon|evnafets|18 HP|
Redcloak|Captain van der Decken|0 HP|[DEAD]
Thog|Gnome Barbarian|0 HP|[DEAD]
Sabine|Alarra|6 HP|(Arch Enemy: Haley)
Celia|Khantalas|11 HP|
Pompey|Death|0 HP|[DEAD]
Julia|Deckmaster|9 HP|(1st Stage Inactivity Flu)
[/table]

Silkenfist
2007-01-15, 07:33 PM
Elan|[roll0]
Haley|[roll1]
Roy|[DEAD]
Vaarsuivus|[roll2]
Durkon|[roll3]
Belkar|[DEAD]
Miko|[roll4]
Xykon|[roll5]
Redcloak|[DEAD]
Monster in the Darkness|[roll6]
Nale|[DEAD]
Thog|[DEAD]
Sabine|[roll7]
Lord Shojo|[roll8]
Celia|[roll9]
Julio Scoundrél|[roll10]
Pompey|[DEAD]
Julia|[roll11]
[/table]

1. Xykon (18)
2. Celia (17)
3. Lord Shojo (16)
4. Miko (15)
5. Julio Scoundrél (10)
6. Haley (8)
7. Sabine, Elan (6)
9. Vaarsuvius (5)
10. Julia (4)
11. Monster in the Darkness (0)

Silkenfist
2007-01-15, 07:43 PM
A lot of stuff happened...

Redcloak died a quick death at the hand of the handsome Swashbuckler. Surprisingly he couldn't quip stiff-upper-lip-replies as well as he was able to do against Xykon.

Roy follows into the afterlife, after Elan finds out that he finally has enough of Roys abuse and sends him a Death Leprechaun.

The Death Leprechaun (also known as Thog) shortly becomes defeated himself, as his natural hardiness is rendered null and void by cute angry Paladins with five attacks a round.

Moment of Silence for this trio.

:xykon:: Hooray, death count. But...but...NOOOOO
:mitd:: You are mourning Redcloak? I would not have thought...
:xykon:: Reddie? No, you moron. Greyhandle died and I still owed him one. NOOOOO

OK, moment over. Send in your actions until Wednesday, 7 PM Eastern.

2007-01-15, 07:55 PM
Why, Miko? Why? Is it because I killed Roy? Is that it? Is it because you realized how difficult it would be to find my next target, so you decided to choose for me AND kill my Death Leprechaun? Why must you be so cruel?

Free Bard's Song to whoever helps me take her out. As Thog proved, it is very useful.

[edit] My god. It just sunk in that my frickin' Death Star jsut got blown up by those damn rebels.

Khantalas
2007-01-15, 08:12 PM
Can I steal dead people's abilities?

Silkenfist
2007-01-15, 08:15 PM
Khantalas: No

Khantalas
2007-01-15, 08:34 PM
Then I hereby declare that I shall work towards the destruction of Sabine and MitD. Though I can't actually harm them, so anyone that wants to do so, you are getting not Booty Talismans.

David94
2007-01-15, 09:26 PM
((can I play, too? pleease? :smallfrown: ))

Angela
2007-01-15, 09:27 PM
Free Bard's Song to whoever helps me take her out. As Thog proved, it is very useful.

Sounds like a deal...

David94
2007-01-15, 09:31 PM
((and also, just wondering, if Pompey uses a Buff Spell on Vaarsuvius, does
(s)he gain 2 for being male, or 4 for being female???))

Khantalas
2007-01-15, 09:38 PM
4 for being a female.

V is female in the game for balance purposes.

2007-01-15, 09:42 PM
Alright, Angela. Hold yer initiative a few seconds for the proper boost, plus the free one afterwards. (next round)

David94
2007-01-15, 09:58 PM
((So, can I join in or not?))

evnafets
2007-01-15, 10:01 PM
Sorry, you won't be able to join in on this specific game. We're part-way through it. Entries are closed for this round.
From the popularity of this game though, I'm sure there WILL be another round (heck - I'll run it if noone else wants to).

Watch this space.

Indurain
2007-01-15, 10:27 PM
(Is there no way out of the cage, short of Xykon's death?)

Silkenfist
2007-01-16, 01:49 AM
Indurain: The forcecage will expire at the end of this round and Xykon may not renew it this round immediately.

Lord Herman
2007-01-16, 01:55 AM
Then I hereby declare that I shall work towards the destruction of Sabine and MitD. Though I can't actually harm them, so anyone that wants to do so, you are getting not Booty Talismans.

What'd I do? What'd I do?

Khantalas
2007-01-16, 06:55 AM
Hey, if you work with me, I can be nice and not give not Booty Talismans for you. Just agree to a few things. And protect me while I get your DR.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-16, 10:26 AM
Why, Miko? Why? Is it because I killed Roy? -snip- Yep!

If anyone wants to avoid being my next target make an alliance, then pm me and we can work something out.

Deckmaster
2007-01-16, 01:01 PM
Whoops. Forgot to send in my action. I was going to use Look, Boobies to have Thog attack Sabine.

Lacking that, I think I'll just Missile her again. I don't have a lot of options if no one is targeting me. Which is probably why they aren't.

2007-01-16, 05:22 PM
You dare desecrate my Personal Death Leprechaun's name by thinkiing you can send his CORPSE after my other hated enemy?!

How dare you! I'm gonna convice one of my many allies to kill you! (now, if I could find an Ally besides Haley...)

evnafets
2007-01-16, 06:11 PM
Elan, you have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to this message board.

2007-01-16, 06:13 PM
.... *thinks*

(*Don't give in to the Dark Side!* *Do not let your Hate rule you!* *Xykon killed your father!*)

I'm in.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-16, 07:10 PM
Okay. I'll use my royal decree to have V use his spike tentacles to spike Celia

Khantalas
2007-01-16, 07:40 PM
What'd I do?

First person to kill V before her initiative count this round gets a not Booty Talisman!

Raistlin1040
2007-01-16, 07:42 PM
You have to die before you become too powerful to stop.

Khantalas
2007-01-16, 07:44 PM
Hey, as long as there are evil characters around, I am invincible!

Yes, I stole Soul-Hidey Place.

2007-01-16, 07:53 PM
Then it is only a matter of time.... We kill off the remaining evils, then Xykon so he won't come back... then you.

evnafets
2007-01-16, 07:55 PM
Of course if you happen to get force-caged this round you won't be able to steal my ability will you?

Khantalas
2007-01-16, 07:57 PM
Hey, you get to keep your ability. And if you don't forcecage me...

Nah, you're evil. Can't give you talismans.

evnafets
2007-01-16, 09:04 PM
I'm a good guy - really I am.
The last few turns all I have done is try and protect my friends from being hurt. How is that evil?

Madmal
2007-01-16, 09:20 PM
Okay. I'll use my royal decree to have V use his spike tentacles to spike Celia

you know, i consider this as a horrible strategy...and now you're using me as bait, so Xykon and Durkon will be the only ones stading on your path for the trophy...woop dee doo...:smallannoyed:

Raistlin1040
2007-01-16, 09:38 PM
Sorry but V is the most damaging Lawful character right now.

Madmal
2007-01-16, 10:31 PM
Sorry but V is the most damaging Lawful character right now.

and that's why i'm not whinning about why you choose me instead of other....seriously, nice choice :smallamused:

((btw, had a bad day, that the cause of the grumpyness))

Silkenfist
2007-01-17, 07:44 PM
Round 6 has passed. Stuff happened.

Initiative 99
Celia opens the employee exit and switches the initiative values of Xykon and Vaarsuvius
Miko's Target Fixation deals 2 damage to Elan

Initiative 18
Vaarsuvius lets loose Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion against Lord Shojo, dealing 2 damage and preventing any furhter actions.

Initiative 16
Lord Shojo is too uhm....busy to issue anything

Initiative 15
Miko sworddances 3 damage into Elan

Initiative 10
Julio Scoundrél swashbuckles Xykon for 4 damage

Initiative 8
Haley uses Sneak Attack against Sabine, squeezing through 2 damage

Initiative 6
Sabine drains Celias life energy
Elan boosts Haleys next action with a Bard's Song

Initiative 5
Xykon puts Miko inside a nice little Forcecage

Initiative 4
Julia sends a missile to Sabine, dealing 2 damage

Initiative 0
THe Monster seeks revenge and strikes Durkon for 5 damage.

Silkenfist
2007-01-17, 07:48 PM
Elan|Lord Fullbladder|6 HP|
Haley|Angela|5 HP|(Bard's Song)
Roy|weebl|0 HP|[DEAD]
Vaarsuivus|Malmagor Andrigal|6 HP|
Durkon|Indurain|4 HP|
Belkar|Lucky|0 HP|[DEAD]
Miko|DarkLightDragon|10 HP|(Fixed Target: Elan)(Forcecage)
Xykon|evnafets|14 HP|
Sabine|Alarra|3 HP|(Arch Enemy: Haley)
Lord Shojo|Raistlin|7 HP|
Celia|Khantalas|9 HP|
Julio Scoundrél|El Jaspero|15 HP|
Pompey|Death|0 HP|[DEAD]
Julia|Deckmaster|9 HP|
[/table]

Silkenfist
2007-01-17, 07:50 PM
Elan|[roll0]
Haley|[roll1]
Roy|[DEAD]
Vaarsuivus|[roll2]
Durkon|[roll3]
Belkar|[DEAD]
Miko|[Forcecaged]
Xykon|[roll4]
Redcloak|[DEAD]
Monster in the Darkness|[roll5]
Nale|[DEAD]
Thog|[DEAD]
Sabine|[roll6]
Lord Shojo|[roll7]
Celia|[roll8]
Julio Scoundrél|[roll9]
Pompey|[DEAD]
Julia|[roll10]
[/table]

1. Haley, Sabine (21)
3. Julia (19)
4. Elan (18)
5. Lord Shojo (14)
6. Durkon (7)
7. Celia, Julio Scoundrél (6)
9. Vaarsuvius, Xykon (4)
11. Monster in the Darkness (-1)

Silkenfist
2007-01-17, 07:54 PM
Not much to say here. Nobody died but some characters might savor their next initiative value. Nuff said.

Please send your stuff until Friday, 7 PM

evnafets
2007-01-17, 08:03 PM
Just to show I'm a fair player (and a really good guy WINK WINK), I feel bound to point out that Julio should have done 4hp damage to me.

I have (well had) more HP than him = 3 damage.
The wanted criminal passive ability should do +1 (I think thats what it means)

Sorry for force-caging you Miko, but you've been a little too trigger happy with that Smite Evil for my liking. I didn't predict you little attack on Elan. Thanks go to Celia for moving me down so that Miko attacked this round.

Khantalas
2007-01-17, 08:07 PM
Hey! You threatened to cage me! I had to secure my position.

You could have told me that wasn't your plan. I could have worked with another switch.

*sniff* Poor Elan. *sniff*

evnafets
2007-01-17, 08:13 PM
You REALLY expect me to tell the truth with what I'm doing in my action?
Look what happened to Shojo because he announced he would order V around! That looks painful even to me, and I only a skeleton!
However it does mean that I may have to change my master plan for this round, as V is no longer ordered to cast tentacles.

Khantalas
2007-01-17, 08:15 PM
You could use PMs...

Poor Lord Shojo. You brought it on yourself.

Enlong
2007-01-17, 08:37 PM
((Hey, any chance I can sign up for the second one [If plans for one exists] in advance?))

Silkenfist
2007-01-17, 08:55 PM
There will be a second game definitely but there are no signups yet.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-17, 09:21 PM
You REALLY expect me to tell the truth with what I'm doing in my action?
Look what happened to Shojo because he announced he would order V around! That looks painful even to me, and I only a skeleton!
However it does mean that I may have to change my master plan for this round, as V is no longer ordered to cast tentacles. Yay! I get to be trigger-happy!

trigger-happy is a fun thing to say!

trigger-happy!

Raistlin1040
2007-01-17, 09:58 PM
All right. To be nice for a change I'll give V a Shojo's gift.

2007-01-17, 11:01 PM
Bwah. All the pawns are in their places. Dance my puppets, dance!

Lord Herman
2007-01-18, 04:26 AM
Next round, Miko is going down.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-18, 10:15 AM
Trigger-happy-sneaky-sneaky!

David94
2007-01-18, 11:52 AM
((I wanna sign up in advance, too.))

Indurain
2007-01-18, 03:20 PM
Well, it would seem that I'm not long for this world...so I'll try to aid me allies before I go...

Rumda
2007-01-18, 04:57 PM
(If your taking advance sign ups for round two I'm in)

David94
2007-01-18, 06:47 PM
((I already said I'm in too. So that means sign-ups so far for Round 2 are:
Enlong, David94, and Rumda.))

Khantalas
2007-01-18, 06:57 PM
Hey! No advance sign-ins!

(Sign me up, too.)

evnafets
2007-01-18, 07:06 PM
There will be a second game definitely but there are no signups yet.

:xykon: My action: Forcecage on Enlong, David94, and Rumda for ignoring Silkenfists statement about no signups yet. He is after all only the person running this game.

Silkenfist
2007-01-19, 06:40 PM
Round 7 has passed.

Initiative 99
Even inside a cage, Miko manages to deal 2 damage to her fixed target Elan

Initiative 21
Haley Sneak Attacks Miko, dealing 8 damage with the help of her bardic boyfriend.
Sabine Energy Drains Celia. No action for her.

Initiative 19
Julia starts coughing...

Initiative 18
Elan annoys Miko and extends her inactivity until the end of next round

Initiative 14
Lord Shojo sends Vaarsuvius a gift coupon, valid next round

Initiative 7
Durkon uses the Power of Band-Aids (TM) to heal Haley

Initiative 6
Celia starts an internship as Evil Overlord and acquires a Soul-Hidey-Place on her own
Julio Scoundrél keeps swashbuckling Xykon for 3 damage

Initiative 4
Xykon's Masterplan requires Haley to Sneak Attack someone. Succeeding in this prediction, it deals 6 damage to her.
Vaarsuvius joins the swashbuckler in the fight against Xykon. Spikey tentacles deal 4 damage to Xykon

Initiative -1
The Monster in the Darkness once again loses a contest in Who can hit the lightest? A vengeful strike kills Durkon.

Silkenfist
2007-01-19, 06:44 PM
Elan|Lord Fullbladder|4 HP|
Haley|Angela|3 HP|
Roy|weebl|0 HP|[DEAD]
Vaarsuivus|Malmagor Andrigal|6 HP|(Additional Action)
Durkon|Indurain|0 HP|[DEAD]
Belkar|Lucky|0 HP|[DEAD]
Miko|DarkLightDragon|2 HP|(Fixed Target: Elan)(Annoyed)
Xykon|evnafets|7 HP|
Sabine|Alarra|3 HP|(Arch Enemy: Haley)
Lord Shojo|Raistlin|7 HP|
Celia|Khantalas|7 HP|
Julio Scoundrél|El Jaspero|14 HP|
Pompey|Death|0 HP|[DEAD]
Julia|Deckmaster|7 HP|(1st Stage Inactivity Flu)
[/table]

Silkenfist
2007-01-19, 06:47 PM
Elan|[roll0]
Haley|[roll1]
Roy|[DEAD]
Vaarsuivus|[roll2]
Durkon|[DEAD]
Belkar|[DEAD]
Miko|[Annoyed]
Xykon|[roll3]
Redcloak|[DEAD]
Monster in the Darkness|[roll4]
Nale|[DEAD]
Thog|[DEAD]
Sabine|[roll5]
Lord Shojo|[roll6]
Celia|[roll7]
Julio Scoundrél|[roll8]
Pompey|[DEAD]
Julia|[roll9]
[/table]

Which translates to this:

1. Julio Scoundrél (25)
2. Sabine (22)
3. Xykon (19)
4. Haley (18)
5. Elan (16)
6. Vaarsuvius (15)
7. Monster in the Darkness (14)
8. Celia (12)
9. Julia (4)
10. Lord Shojo (3)

Silkenfist
2007-01-19, 06:56 PM
With the 7th round, the 7th character has passed away. Durkon Thundershield left the realm of the living by fatally winning a game of Who-can-hit-the-lightest. Moment of Silence for our bearded friend, ambassador of the dwarves and loyal servant to thor. May he enjoy many ethereal giant tankards of ale.

Moment over and on to the next round. Many characters are on the verge of death and the alliances during the next rounds might decide the game already.

Send your actions until Sunday 6 PM Eastern

Khantalas
2007-01-19, 07:50 PM
But Alarra... What have I done to you?

2007-01-19, 09:02 PM

Maybe Khantalas can be bribed into Thundering Miko if I save Celia from Sabine?

Damn. Another good plan down drain due to alignment. Mayhap Celia can be bribed by free HP and boosted attackpower? (given her New Career choices, if I were to Bard's Song Celia, she'd get free HP)

Khantalas
2007-01-19, 09:03 PM
Can't I just give you a Talisman? That's easier.

2007-01-19, 09:08 PM
Can't you just kill her for me? It's easier than using the Talisman, since then I'd have to survive two rounds: the round that you give it to me and the round following. At present, I won't. Two HP will be deducted from me because of Miko's passive abilities this round, and another 2 next round. I would never get to use your talisman. Just Thunder her an have it done.

Khantalas
2007-01-19, 09:10 PM
Right. Though Sabine can also drain all my actions for this round. Which would suck. Literally and metaphorically.

Alarra
2007-01-19, 09:34 PM
Umm...technically I drained your actions this round, only Silkenfist seems to have messed up life drain and energy drain.

2007-01-19, 09:36 PM
True enough.

Damnation. Now I need another new plan.

Hmmm..... Hey, Alarra.....