PDA

View Full Version : question regarding reporting posts

Curaced
2013-10-16, 12:46 PM
There have been a lot of movie spam threads recently, and I am glad that the mods here do a great job. But I was wondering: If there is a movie spam thread, and the poster is banned but the thread not deleted, should I still report it?

Mystic Muse
2013-10-16, 01:34 PM
There have been a lot of movie spam threads recently, and I am glad that the mods here do a great job. But I was wondering: If there is a movie spam thread, and the poster is banned but the thread not deleted, should I still report it?

Yes. It makes the threads much easier to find, especially since the search function is not currently enabled.

Razgriez
2013-10-16, 03:08 PM
If you see a post in violation of the Forum rules, report it.

That said, I have a related question.

If we see a spam bot post multiple threads, can we report one, and in the report message, provide the links to the other threads from the same bot? Or do you all prefer a report for each individual post?

Mystic Muse
2013-10-16, 03:11 PM
If you see a post in violation of the Forum rules, report it.

That said, I have a related question.

If we see a spam bot post multiple threads, can we report one, and in the report message, provide the links to the other threads from the same bot? Or do you all prefer a report for each individual post?

The best thing for you to do is report each offending post. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16109732&postcount=2)

happyturtle
2013-10-16, 03:30 PM
Listen, and understand. That spambot is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Roland St. Jude
2013-10-16, 04:24 PM
If you see a post in violation of the Forum rules, report it.Good answer. I might add, unofficially, that if you don't, that's fine too. The spammer's been cut off from posting more spam, and the spam thread shouldn't be posted to, which means it'll just sink to the bottom of the forum. It may not be worth your time and effort to report. But if you report it, we'll take care of it, which is our goal.

The best thing for you to do is report each offending post. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16109732&postcount=2)Good answer.