PDA

View Full Version : PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Eshkigal
2013-10-16, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the world of Pokemon! Specifically, Johto, in Olivine City, the Port of Steel! Known for being both surprisingly nice if as hard as their leader's steelix, Crusher, and for a surprising beauty to the area. Also, for being one of the biggest Competition areas in Johto.
This is where each of you has been drawn, for one reason or another. One to spread the word of an aspiring god, entering through the gates near another seeking to promote a cause of peaceful contest. A third seeking to learn more about this world, isolated by a mother now gone, curious and trying to find a place in a world that has so far left her behind...
Another pair arrive by boat, separate but still closer than they think. One an entity of psychic power planning to rise to Gym Leader status, another trying to see if he has what it takes to be more than an engineer, to rise to the fame only the champion has.
Two are already here, one rising up from the shoreline after a hearty swim, unaware of how the world will change for him in the near future. Last but not least, a girl leaving her house, perhaps one of the most willing to seek new friends and to change her life for the better...

Arcran
2013-10-16, 02:45 PM
Paul walks through the gates, Daisy walking behind him. The bags under his eyes show another night of little sleep; the dreams were continuing, and getting more intense every day.

He pats his backpack, trying to make sure everything is still there. The pack is too light, too small. He could feel the heavy tome, but something was missing...

In a panic he flips it around to in front, opening it wide. The Egg was gone! In a frantic panic he begins to turn, searching for who stole. While he didn't quite know the significance, he knew the Egg was crucial to understanding the damn dreams.

Moooooooooooooo....... Paul hears behind, turning to see Daisy holding the Egg, a strange look on the dull Wooper's face. He could've sworn that the Egg was in his pack just a few minutes ago...

With a sigh, he takes the Egg from the Wooper.

Don't do that again, he mutters, establishing a quick Channel link with the Wooper, trying to understand just what was so damn important about the Egg.

Esprit15
2013-10-16, 04:16 PM
Cain stretches as he steps off of the boat. A pleasant trip, but the queasy Ralts hanging on to his shoulder suggests that only half the party had fun. Never put me on a boat again...

"Sorry, Sarin. It's the fastest way over. Magnet Train only runs to Goldenrod. And how was I supposed to know you got seasick?" A dry heave from the Ralts elicits a gentle pat from the Kinetic. "Now, where to... We have a gym, though given its type specialty and your condition... We could-"

Nap. Before his trainer can respond, Sarin grabs his Pokéball and falls forward into it, disappearing in a red flash.

"-do that I suppose. Hm, I suppose we should consider where we wish to go." As Cain talks to himself, he wanders the town absentmindedly, unintentionally heading toward the beach.

Monivey
2013-10-16, 06:25 PM
Winter weaves through the busy streets, finishing his shopping. His Seel, Pinni, follows along behind him. She'd quickly become protective of Winter's new Egg, growling at anyone who got too close to jostling it.

Ducking into an outdoor supply store, he selects a good, strong length of rope. Never know when it might come in handy. Purchase completed, he tucked it into his pack, he turned to Pinni,

There we go. Got everything we need. Where should we go from here?

He probably should have figured this out before.

HotRoute
2013-10-16, 06:44 PM
"Hi! I'm Dixie Amadon and if you're - no? Okay, have a good one. Hi! I'm Dixie and - oh sorry." An energetic young girl greets each person who walks by with a handshake and a well-rehearsed introduction. Few respond as eagerly as she had hoped. To the girl's side is a small table with a tray of cupcakes frosted half red and half white. Like a pokeball! Cute, right? Her mareep walks around in front of her lazily, basking in the warm sunlight, growing a bit bored of the day's recruitment campaign. Dixie has stationed herself outside the city's Pokemon Center for hours now, tirelessly trying to attract pokemon trainers. People like cupcakes, right? Gotta bait 'em in somehow, just like a wild pokemon! She clasps her hands together. A gap between passers-by breaks in the street. "Just a little bit longer, Poofy. I can feel it!"

"Eeeep!" She yawns back.

Reality Glitch
2013-10-16, 07:23 PM
> Be Eli_

You are now Eli. You stand in your room as you pack a couple things for the road. You've only been in Johto a year so its probably a good Idea to go out and see as much as you can before you have move again. On a brighter note, you have recently acquired an egg for your 20th birthday the other day, and can't wait for it to hatch. For now you'll use a friend ball on it, to keep it safe. It's really the only reason you use pokeballs for, to much like locking them in cages otherwise. They don't like being in cages.

> ==>

Oh. It seems Bobby the Charmander trying to get your attention.

> ==>

Bob: Hey! Hey! Are we going now!
Eli: Yes Bobby, we can go now.
Bob: YAAAAAAY!
Mom: Will you two keep quiet, I can hear you from down stairs.
Eli: Sorry.

> Eli & Bobby: Go down stairs_

You are now on the first floor. You hug your mother as she gives you lunch for the next couple of days and you head outside, ready for an adventure.

> Go to port_

At the docks you sit down and start looking around for anything that catches your eye. After a little bit you notice someone step off the ship as the Ralts on his shoulder returns itself to a pokeball. You don't know why, but he seems like he'll be important when you meet him. Bobby is getting a little impatient, but likes seeing all the different people as much as you do. Where do they all come from?

> ==>

After a little longer, Bobby starts getting too antsy an you decide to move to the tables a few feet from the docks and see a girl trying too hard to make friends. Bobby walks up to the mareep next o her against your better judgment, so you decide to follow suit.

> ==>

Eli : Keep that up and your going to scare everyone off. There is such a thing as being too nice.
Bob : Helloooo!
Eli : Now Bobby, no need to scare the poor thing.

wqsaey
2013-10-16, 11:57 PM
Morgane closes her eyes and breathes in the salty sea air of the city. The taste is so... odd. It almost seems like the air itself is becoming dry, but staying wet at the same time. Does she know a word for this sensation? She's been learning new words constantly ever since she left the forest, grabbing random passerbys to help her identify things like a bicycle. How can she find out what she can't point at, though?

Meanwhile, Melody patters around restlessly inside the sewn pouch Morgane hung from her neck. "What is it, Melody? You wanna get out to stretch?" Melody chirps happily. "Okay, well, let's go somewhere where you won't get squished by all these people."

Hugging her mother's egg close, Morgane meanders in the direction the beach. Thoughts of the egg run through her mind on the way. It seems to be more active as of late, but she can't say for sure. Maybe she's just imagining it.

When Morgane reaches her unintended destination, all she can do is gasp. Cascading foamy waves crash upon an expanse of glittering sand. The harmonious beauty entrances her. Melody takes this opportunity to jump out of the pouch, but gets embarrassingly lodged in the sand. Noticing the weight on her neck being lightened, Morgane bends down to help Melody out. "I guess this isn't really a good place, huh? This stuff looks like it'll just bury you." Melody appears not amused as Morgane plucks her out and dusts off the grains of sand to place her back in the pouch.

Eshkigal
2013-10-17, 08:16 PM
Glitch, is that going to be a normal posting structure for you? If so, can you just tell me if it has relevance to Eli specifically? Also, after checking, apparently you don't quite have words yet.

Paul links with the small, miltank brained wooper, and you feel dread. Fear. Understanding that this egg is more important to both of you than anything else. A...another presence?
Paul clutches at his head as a giant, hexagonal eye blazes in his mind, and a mind so completely...alien, so very inhuman compared to human and his limited interactions with human minds, floods into his consciousness like a tidal wave.
SOON. IT IS NOT TIME YET.
You feel it recede after a minute, though the migraine is slower to leave. Daisy looks at you with the same tired fear. So this has been watching you this entire time?
-------------------
Meanwhile, Cain wanders towards the beach, where he spots a man walk up from the shore with a seel behind him, apparently not the friendliest of pokemon to others and buying some rope.
Winter buys the rope (standard price if you're buying IG), and Pinni gives a considerate bark, tapping her chin with a flipper. There was always just swimming for it and seeing where you ended up, right?
Both of you notice a strange looking girl attracting a lot of stares as she wanders towards the shore, dressed in strange clothing adorned in the symbol of a god and with a tiny budew in a tiny satchel around her neck.
Morgane lifts Melody out of the sand, the tiny pokemon sputtering to spit the sands out. A tiny kid giggles. Strange people abound, and one strange device-a thing called a 'kar' as you learned after one nearly ran you over when you left the forest, goes by.
There's also a strange, white pokemon that looks aquatic and potentially interesting following someone around.
-------------------
Dixie, many people give you odd stares, until one stranger with a charmander walks up to you (Eli). Poofy gives a happy bleat, as the cupcake method has worked!
Eli has...well, he's gotten his covered, more or less.
However, both of you get a surprise when a soft clank comes from the tray. You turn to look, and see a tiny yellow bug trying to lift one of the cupcakes up high enough to attach to it's back and carry off. It looks up at you as it realizes the jig's up, then back to the cupcake, and back at you two, towering above it, a look of fear in its eyes, pleading for clemency or safety.
"Ti...ti joltik?"

Esprit15
2013-10-17, 08:47 PM
Hm, what is that most interesting looking thing? It looks absolutely fascinating. The markings on the girl's clothes draw Cain's currently flighty attention. He slides himself over to the girl.
"Hello, Miss. Might I say that that is an absolutely adorable Budew you have there. It even seems to match your outfit."
Further description of the outfit and symbol, SVP?

Arcran
2013-10-17, 09:04 PM
Paul looks at the Egg in fear. More than a little worried (while he can somewhat read minds, voices in his head are not a good thing), he starts to head out to the route, entirely intent on getting rid of the thing. He could sleep, and rest easy without knowing something was watching him.

Taking the Egg from Daisy, he goes to try to escape from The Voice, heading towards the ocean.

HotRoute
2013-10-17, 09:46 PM
"Hey!" Dixie hurries to the tray and tries to brush the little bug off gently. "These are for people only! Speaking of which..." she goes to offer the cupcake to Eli, but having been touched by the pokemon, it's probably inedible now. Dixie breaks it apart and tosses it in crumbs to the ground for the joltik (and any other pokemon that might come by). "Well, help yourself to any of the other ones here. My name's Dixie Amadon. Are you a pokemon trainer?" She asks with a smile.

wqsaey
2013-10-17, 11:12 PM
Basically like this (http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/948/057/485/485057948_051.jpg) with this symbol (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Triskelion-spiral-threespoked-inspiral.svg) in green on a lighter green leaf on the front.
Startled, Morgane spins around to face the new voice, her dress fluffing up as she turns. Even now, after travelling all this way on foot, she's still not completely used to other people, and he seemingly came out of nowhere. It takes all her effort just to muster up a short greeting. "H-hello. H-her name is M-melody." She tries to dodge his eyes by looking down at Melody, who just looks quizzically back up at her, and hugs the egg even closer.

Eshkigal
2013-10-17, 11:50 PM
(One group is in conversation for now, continue as normal there)
Paul hurries towards the shore line, ducking and weaving through minor crowds as Daisy gives a panicked yelp behind you. You arrive shortly, brushing past a girl with a strange symbol that...you feel you know.
(Arc, anyone near W, give me a knowledge occult check. Morgane, of course, would already know.)

Meanwhile, the joltik looks up at the strange lady who put the cupcake at easy to reach level, and gives her foot a hug before skittering over to said cupcake with a happy chirp, beginning to gather as much as it could to carry somewhere safer.

Arcran
2013-10-18, 12:07 AM
Paul quickly turns to make sure Daisy is alright, worried that the Pokemon is hurt, but just seeing that it was the damn Egg again it only hardens his conviction to get rid of the thing.

The shirt draws more than a passing interest, and Paul looks hard, trying to recognize the design as he tries to decide if he should ditch the Egg or talk to her first...

Education: Occult
[roll0]

Esprit15
2013-10-18, 12:30 AM
Cain ignores the girl's nervousness, looking down to the little Budew with a smile. "A pleasure to meet you, Melody. I'm Cain. And what might your trainer's name be?" He looks up from the Budew to the girl, his eyes following the pattern on her dress before moving to her face.
Occult: [roll0]

Reality Glitch
2013-10-18, 09:50 AM
Glitch, is that going to be a normal posting structure for you? If so, can you just tell me if it has relevance to Eli specifically? Also, after checking, apparently you don't quite have words yet.Yes, this is how I'm going to post. Based on the writing style of this webcomic. (http://mspaintadventures.com/) I don't understand "not having words", would you care to elaborate?
Dixie, many people give you odd stares, until one stranger with a charmander walks up to you (Eli). Poofy gives a happy bleat, as the cupcake method has worked!
Eli has...well, he's gotten his covered, more or less.
However, both of you get a surprise when a soft clank comes from the tray. You turn to look, and see a tiny yellow bug trying to lift one of the cupcakes up high enough to attach to it's back and carry off. It looks up at you as it realizes the jig's up, then back to the cupcake, and back at you two, towering above it, a look of fear in its eyes, pleading for clemency or safety.
"Ti...ti joltik?"> Eli: Trigger Time!_

"SPIDER!" you scream as you trip trying to back-peddle and land on your back. Bobby on the other hand does not share your phobia and jumps onto the table to shoe away the critter, but Dixie gets to it frst.

> Dixie: Get to it first_

"Hey!" you hurry to the tray and try to brush the little bug off gently. "These are for people only! Speaking of which..." she goes to offer the cupcake to Eli, but having been touched by the pokemon, it's probably inedible now. you break it apart and toss it in crumbs to the ground for the joltik (and any other pokemon that might come by). "Well, help yourself to any of the other ones here. My name's Dixie Amadon. Are you a pokemon trainer?" She asks with a smile.

> Eli: Try again_

You pull yourself up and respond in kind to the girl telling thank you and how you're not too found of spider pokemon. At that time, Bobby comes up to you and tugs on your leg.

> ==>

Bob: Can I go play w/ the mareep. Please.
Eli: Sure, just be careful.
Bob: Yay!
Eli: Anyway, where was I? Oh, thank you for the cupcake, and no, I'm not a trainer, battling's a bit too violent for my tastes. I have resently taken up contest participation though.

wqsaey
2013-10-18, 02:36 PM
Cain ignores the girl's nervousness, looking down to the little Budew with a smile. "A pleasure to meet you, Melody. I'm Cain. And what might your trainer's name be?" He looks up from the Budew to the girl, his eyes following the pattern on her dress before moving to her face.

Morgane trembles in hesitation. She feels her violet eyes start wobbling involuntarily again and shuts them fearfully. Worrying for her, Melody angrily squeaks in protest at the boy.

Esprit15
2013-10-18, 04:19 PM
At the squeaking noise, Cain notices something wrong. Trembling? What was her problem? He was being nice and trying to introduce himself, but somehow he scared her? "Um, Miss? Are you alright?"

wqsaey
2013-10-18, 05:28 PM
Morgane strains her voice to whisper "... Morgane." It's getting difficult for her to breathe. She needs to get out of there. Before the boy can do anything else, she dashes off through the crowd back towards the city gates, her bare feet pattering against the warmed concrete as she slips by people.

Esprit15
2013-10-18, 05:49 PM
"Morgane, what a pleasant name. Well it's a pleasure to-" and then the girl scampers off. "-meet...you..." What an odd girl. Wait, that symbol... Was she... No, it couldn't be. Then again, this was Johto. A worshipper of Celebi would be here if anywhere.

Cain replays the events in his head. Did he do something wrong? Saw a rather pretty girl, said hello, introduced self, behaved in a friendly if slightly forward manner, noticed nervousness, asked what's wrong, she flees. Strange. She was also barefoot, for some reason. Why was she barefoot? They were on a beach, but her attire suggested that she wasn't going in the water, so some type of footwear would make sense... Cain continues to think on the situation. He's more than a little curious, so he heads in the same direction the girl went, at a just above average pace.

Arcran
2013-10-18, 06:05 PM
Paul, who, having recognized the mark, had been considering talking to the girl instead continues on his way. He had his own issues to deal with at them moment.

Monivey
2013-10-19, 10:38 AM
Winter watches the scene further down the beach, seeing the girl run off. Concerned, and slightly excited to find something going on, he dashes over, trying to catch up to Morgane.

Who was that? What did you say to scare her off like that?
Rope was part of my initial starting gear, just made it IC to give me something to do.

Esprit15
2013-10-19, 01:19 PM
"Maybe you could tell me, because I don't have a clue. I said hi to her and asked her name. She got really nervous and fled." Cain's face looks very clearly confused by the whole interaction.

Eshkigal
2013-10-20, 07:53 AM
Soon enough, Paul stands before the ocean, waves crashing against the beach in a rhythmic fashion. Daisy, being so much smaller than you, is still a ways away, shaking her head. More panic fills her as you get a momentary flash of deep caverns and miles of sinewy, strange body...
Those of you that rolled recognized the symbol as a spinoff of celebi's holy symbol, possibly denoting denomination or the like.

Morgane pulls a runner, passing a wooper running for the ocean. She tucks and weaves through people, however, is she lucky?
(Give me a d100 to see what kind of luck you have.)

The joltik scampers off with the food while Eli and Dixie start to talk.

Arcran
2013-10-20, 10:12 AM
Paul looks back at Daisy. Pokemon were fairly knowledgeable, right? Not in the same way as a human, but they seemed to know when storms and such were approaching. Maybe he shouldn't drop the Egg into the sea...

A look at the object reaffirms his convictions though. Perhaps the fear was directed towards the Egg, not the act of destroying it?

A feeling of dread about him, Paul hols the Egg high and drops it towards the sea.

Monivey
2013-10-20, 11:05 AM
"Do you think she needs help? It doesn't look like she's from Olivine." The girl was a little strange, but perhaps she was just nervous about being in a new city.

"I'm Winter, by the way, and this is Pinni," pointing to the Seel, who barks in acknowledgement. Looking at Cain more closely, he continues. I don't think I've seen you around here either. Where are you from?

Eshkigal
2013-10-20, 11:16 AM
You watch the egg tumble down, just as Daisy runs into your leg. Satisfied it's over, you turn to check on her-
*TWOING*
Only to feel the odd, almost goo-like feeling of the egg you were carrying hit you in the back of the head softly and stay there.

Arcran
2013-10-20, 02:16 PM
Paul starts, almost falling over as his hands flail wildly at the back of his head, trying to pry off the Egg. What the hell? What the goddamn hell? He can't even get rid of the damn thing? Seriously?

Assuming he manages to pry it off, he goes back towards the ocean and hurls it down towards the sea as hard as he can, watching closely to see what the hell happens. If he can't even get rid of the damn thing...

Eshkigal
2013-10-20, 02:38 PM
You barely manage to tear the egg off, and toss it at the ocean. The water seems to...rise, as if to gently cradle the egg, and you swear to gods above and below for one moment, one strange, odd moment, that you can see a gigantic outline in the sea, one of a beast looking back at you with the calmest, kindest eyes you've ever seen, but with eyes the size of a swimming pool at least...
And then the egg bounces off the waters, unceremoniously landing on top of your head in the same gentle manner, but still stuck all the same.
(Es, Monivey, perception to notice. Arcran, knowledge occult)

HotRoute
2013-10-20, 03:24 PM
Dixie smiles, content with the pokemon finding a meal without ruining her platter.

Contests? Not who I'm looking for. Dixie smiles politely, but looks a bit disappointed. It's been a long day. "Oh that's nice. I bet that's fun." Just not for me. Or anyone I know. At that moment, Dixie hears a second splash in a row, and her attention is drawn to the nearby beach, where a man is throwing what appears to be a pokemon egg into the water. "What the... what is he doing!?" Dixie recalls her mareep, slings a bag with an egg of her own over her shoulder, and sprints towards the water, only turning around briefly to call out to the boy she just met. "Watch those for me! Or take them, whatever!"

She makes it to the coast about a half-minute later [[after rolls for perception have been made]]. "Hey! Hey stop it!" She splashes through the water up to the boy. "Why are you trying to smash that egg!?"

Sorry if I accidentally made the PokeCenter and the beach too close, but I was tired of being isolated.

Esprit15
2013-10-20, 03:29 PM
Pereception: [roll0]
As they walk after the girl, Cain looks to the fellow trainer. "Maybe. That symbol seemed to suggest she was used to a more forested location, so it could just be a new environment that is setting her off.

I'm Cain, by the way. I'm from over in Saffron."

wqsaey
2013-10-20, 04:19 PM
With the aid of her small stature and nimble feet, Morgane successfully sprints far past the gates into the wilderness, where she slows to rest, although her energy was little spent. Dejected, she sets aside her pokemon egg, kneels down in the grass and cradles Melody in her palms. "Melody, I can't do it. I thought maybe this time, but again..." She wistfully sighs. "... His eyes were pretty, like Mother's..."

Arcran
2013-10-20, 05:09 PM
You barely manage to tear the egg off, and toss it at the ocean. The water seems to...rise, as if to gently cradle the egg, and you swear to gods above and below for one moment, one strange, odd moment, that you can see a gigantic outline in the sea, one of a beast looking back at you with the calmest, kindest eyes you've ever seen, but with eyes the size of a swimming pool at least...
And then the egg bounces off the waters, unceremoniously landing on top of your head in the same gentle manner, but still stuck all the same.
(Es, Monivey, perception to notice. Arcran, knowledge occult)

[roll0]

Paul, after seeing the great eye, doesn't even bother to try to pull the Egg off the top of his head before turning tail and fleeing, this time towards the Route to the north, trying to put as much space as possible between himself and the sea, completely ignoring the girl that couldn't possibly understand.

Training. Some training. He was too stressed and and was seeing things. There was a Wailmer messing with him or something. He'd train to calm himself down, then go sleep at the Pokemon Center. That would help.

Reality Glitch
2013-10-20, 05:46 PM
Dix: Contests? Not who I'm looking for.Eli: And what is that supposed to mean?
Dix: "Oh that's nice. I bet that's fun." Just not for me. Or anyone I know.Eli: Very well then.
Dix: "What the... what is he doing!?" Dixie recalls her mareep, slings a bag with an egg of her own over her shoulder, and sprints towards the water, only turning around briefly to call out to the boy she just met. "Watch those for me! Or take them, whatever!"Eli: Bobby, I need you to guard these cupcakes for me, I'm going to see what commotion's about.

And w/ that, and little salute from Bobby, you bolt after Dixie.
She makes it to the coast about a half-minute later.

"Hey! Hey stop it!" She splashes through the water up to the boy. "Why are you trying to smash that egg!?"Eli: Yeah! Those things are precious and not just another paperweight to tossed around!

Eshkigal
2013-10-20, 10:04 PM
As Paul flees the other two players, the scene, and the sea, he trips over a poochyena with a small yelp from both of them.

However, as Caine and Winter follow Morgane, something stirs in the forest...
Something big.
Even as Melody tries to comfort her, Morgane feels the rumbles first, as trees shudder and fall about her. Pokemon take flight, creatures running about her, and a bulbasaur runs directly into her, screaming in terror as giant tendrils rise from the ground and a yellow, budlike face rises above even the tallest trees. It must be fifty...no, sixty feet tall!
On it's head, a strange man dressed like a monk is just laughing like a lunatic, even as it lets out a mighty-
BELLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Arcran
2013-10-20, 10:07 PM
Paul stumbles over the Pokemon, quickly trying to get back on his footing. His day couldn't get any worse, could it?

Daisy, take him out! Sludge Bomb!

With an angry leer, a shot of vile sludge is shot like a cannon from the Wooper, aimed directly at the Poochyena!

[roll0] AC: 2, Poison on hit
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-10-20, 10:19 PM
The poochyena gives a yelp as the sludge hits it, still up but definitely hurting. It bum rushes Daisy!
[roll0]-tackle, 3+def
[roll1]

Esprit15
2013-10-20, 10:19 PM
As Cain feels the ground shake, he wonders what would be the cause. Johto wasn't too geologically active, though a big one from Cinnabar could cause a bit of rumbling. Then he sees it. A giant, yellow head peaking above the trees.

"I think that girl is in trouble." Cain taps Sarin's ball, the Ralts falling out before being psionically yanked to his trainer's shoulder as Cain breaks into a full run. Some of us like to sleep, you know.

"Not now, Sarin. Look." He points towards the giant Bellsprout head.

The Ralts looks, sleepy eyed. Nevermind, then. Seems I haven't woken up yet.

Arcran
2013-10-20, 10:24 PM
The Poochyena thuds into the Wooper who barely budges, mooing softly from the attack. She rears back, ready to blast the Poochyena with a jet of water...

Daisy, wait! Don't attack yet!

Paul holds a Pokeball in his hand. He rears back, lobbing it at the Poochyena. Catch 'em all and all that, right? Better an annoying dog than a psychotic Egg that he can't get rid of.

[roll0] AC: 6
[roll1]

wqsaey
2013-10-20, 10:33 PM
Morgane doesn't take the Bulbasaur's impact lightly, tumbling from the momentum into a nearby tree. "Oof! Wha-?"

There's no way this can be real. She must be dreaming, right? But as the booming and maniacal laughter looms closer, everything in her brain screams to take flight. So she does, hugging the Bulbasaur in one arm as best she could and grabbing her pokemon egg from the grass with the other. "Hold on tight, Melody!" Morgane shouts as she dashes back towards the city, not taking notice that she passes the boy from earlier.

Monivey
2013-10-21, 12:33 AM
"Pinni, stay close to me!"

Now this was exciting. Barely outside the city and massive Bellsprouts are appearing out of nowhere. He tries to shout to the man atop the Pokemon, unsure whether he should be running away. If it came down to it, he was pretty sure he could outrun the other trainer, at least.

HEY! What are you doing up there?

Looking around, he suddenly realizes the girl had gone. If Cain was right, and she was from the forest, maybe she would know what to do.

No action for now. Posting from phone, will improve formatting later. I'd guess a wild roll for me might be redundant now, but in case [roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-10-22, 07:40 PM
Well, the poochyena goes into the ball easily enough, being hit square in the chest.
However, even Paul, actually even the people all the way at the shore, can see the giant bellsprout.

Morgane tries to run, but more trees fall around her, making it difficult between them and the fleeing mon. She can risk it, but it'll be tricky...
(Athletics and acrobatics checks to run due to rising roots causing chaos)
The boys are still amazed by the fact that there is a giant shiny bellsprout in the woods, and the man is laughing too hard to actually hear them. Well, that and shouting things like-
"-CALLED ME MAD! INSANE! BUT LOOK WHO'S DONE IT! LOOK WHO'S BROUGHT UPON THE WORLD THE REBIRTH OF THE BELLSPROUT GOD, BETTER AND STRONGER THAN BEFORE! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!"
...Well, at least the why is answered.
Though Winter may have missed it. What with the sentret that leaped onto his face to get away from under a tree and is clinging for dear life to the human.

Esprit15
2013-10-22, 07:51 PM
Cain looks on the Bellsprout in awe. It was terrifying and dangerous, but... Uxie and Azelf, you gotta just look in awe at a 60 foot Pokémon. "Wow... Just... Wow." He slows down as he head in towards the Pokémon.

"Sir, while your Bellsprout is awe inspiring, I must insist that you change its path. You're causing a bit of panic among some people." He motions back at the girl who was fleeing.

HotRoute
2013-10-22, 08:52 PM
Dixie gawks in awe at the image breaking over the buildings and treetops across town. "What the hell is going on today!?" Clutching her pokeball in one hand and the strap of her bag in the other, she charges towards the giant pokemon as fast as she can [[at the speed of plot!]].

Arcran
2013-10-22, 09:04 PM
When Paul sees the behemoth of a plant, he considers just running into town to fix his Poochyena. Strongly considers it. But wasn't there sone "Serve and Protect" role of being a Pokemon Trainer? As long as Daisy avoids the looming behemoth, she could at least slow it down. At the very least, a creature like that might serve to show some answers about the Egg.

Extremely reluctantly and wishing he had a Flying or Fire Type, Paul returns Daisy and sprints off towards the monster.

Monivey
2013-10-23, 12:36 AM
Gah! Get it off! Pinni, help me!

Winter flails wildly, clawing at the Pokemon's fur, until he manages to grab a solid hold of the Sentret's tail. With a yank, he pulls the creature off of himself, flinging it a short distance away. He backs away quickly, trying to keep an eye on the rampaging Plant-type.

The Seel leaps into action, bounding headfirst onto the Trainer's attacker with a loud bark.

Eshkigal
2013-10-24, 04:00 PM
"Panic? They should be KNEELING!"
As Morgane flees through the falling trees and pokemon, a tendril shoots up out of the ground, causing trees to fall behind you all and behind Morgane, who just narrowly manages to dodge out of the way with the bulbasaur, Melody, and everything else intact.
"KNEEL BEFORE THE REBORN GOD OF BELLSPROUT!"
Meanwhile, Winter unceremoniously tears the scared witless sentret off of his head and tosses it, where Pinni headbutts the poor thing into the branches of a nearby tree with a sound of a couple crumpled ribs. Doesn't look like that one's leaving the area any time soon.

As Paul, Dixie, and (probably) Eli run towards the giant, they notice others charging towards the fray as well. Some riding pokemon, others sprinting full tilt, many with looks of greed in their eyes at the thought of something so different being added to their collection as an unmatched rarity, others with concern evident. In front of them all, though, is a lady astride the shoulders of a giant aggron, its loud bellow serving as a warning to those in front to get out of the way, and her soft features hardened with concern for her city's wellbeing against this potential threat. Looks like Jasmine has noticed.
(Five rounds to get there normally, give me athletics and acrobatics to cut down that time)

(Three turns until Jasmine arrives. Five turns until the horde behind her does.)

Esprit15
2013-10-24, 04:25 PM
"Well, as much as I'd hate to harm such a magnificent beast, I really am not a fan of bowing to the mad. Sarin, Confusion on the base." The two Psionics focuses on the roots of the plant, hoping to get the man down to their level, whether for arrest or simple sense-smacking.
Cain's Confusion
Special, Psychic
AC: 2, Confuse 19-20
Damage:
If Crit: +[roll2]

Sarin's Confusion
AC: [roll3] 2, Confuse 19-20
Damage: 2d6+20 29 in OOC
If Crit: +[roll4]

Monivey
2013-10-24, 05:00 PM
Gah! He hadn't meant to hurt it that badly. He'd just panicked. Next time he'd be more careful. But he'd think about that later. For now, he turned back to the rampaging plant.

Seeing the oncoming crowd, he tries to make his way towards the Gym Leader, keeping pace with Pinni, who barks angrily at the monk and his gigantic mount.

ARK! ARK! ARK!

Winter and Pinni will move in the direction of the gym leader.
Pinni: Growl
Accuracy (Target 2): [roll0]
Is that all I need to do for that (non) attack?

Arcran
2013-10-24, 07:35 PM
Daisy secure in her ball, Paul runs towards the Bellsprout as fast as he can. He can't help but balk at the Aggron; if all else fails, maybe a Gym Leader would have an answer?

At the very least, Daisy might be able to hurt a Steel Gym. But that's not important. For now, he has to reach that monolithic Pokemon.

wqsaey
2013-10-24, 11:49 PM
Morgane's diving dodge morphs into a roll as she curls up to minimize the impact of her landing on the road, dust getting all over her. Nonetheless, everyone else seemed to be fine, which was the important part. "That was way too close..." Morgane pants as she hops back up, no injuries anywhere. She looks at the strange bulb creature she picked up and ran with, which hasn't been resisting since it too had been running away from the giant... yellow bud beforehand. She pets it on the head, whispering "Are you... okay? What are you, anyways?"

As the ground again starts to rumble, Morgane at first considers sprinting off yet again, but something nags at her. She turns around to see the boy from before -Cain- attacking the giant! He's going to hurt it! "W-wait! What are you doing?!" she yells at Cain. Now worried for the giant's safety, she quickly scans the visible roots from her position, hoping that the damage wasn't too severe. Even if it is terrifying, this pokemon is also a part of nature...

Okay, using Intuition instead of Charm to improve the Bulbasaur's disposition (as per the Mystic Senses edge)
Intuition: [roll0]

Perception check against the Bellsprout
Perception: [roll1]
Not moving at all, so apply appropriate range of vision penalties, I guess.

Reality Glitch
2013-10-25, 08:10 PM
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]"KNEEL BEFORE THE REBORN GOD OF BELLSPROUT!"He's is surely misinformed, or making highly aronious assumptions, either way you get back to Bobby, snatch up the cup cakes and start heading back to the safety of home as those you pass by can hear you say "....nopenopenopenope...." as the anomaly stretches frighteningly closer. This is NOT what you had in mind when you set out on your journey.

Eshkigal
2013-10-25, 11:33 PM
Two mental blasts tear into one of the tendrils, and the bellsprout looks down at you curiously as said tendril barely hangs on by a thread. Six tendrils rise up in total near you all, with four behind it. Is...is it getting bigger?!
Flashes of light blaze from its tendrils at the group!
[roll0]-Flash, 2+speed def, cone on Cain and Sarin
[roll1]-Flash, 2+speed def, cone on Cain and Sarin
[roll2]-Flash, 2+speed def, cone on Cain and Sarin
[roll3]-Flash, 2+speed def, cone on Winter and Pinni
[roll4]-Flash, 2+speed def, cone on Winter and Pinni
[roll5]-Flash, 2+speed def, cone on Winter and Pinni

Meanwhile, Morgane's new bulbasaur friend cowers deeper into her arms, the giant bellsprout terrifying it. She also notices that several trees around the beast die, a slowly spreading area of fastly dying trees growing around the bellsprout god.

Paul and Dixie manage to tuck and weave through the crowds heading the same way, managing to make some headway towards the front. The gate's getting closer...
(After that, 3 rounds before Paul and Dixie arrive, 2 before Jasmine does.)

Meanwhile, Eli heads the other way, a couple cupcakes in hand. He ducks out of the way as even more trainers head towards the Sprout God.
(Just heading home, or what?)

Arcran
2013-10-26, 01:44 AM
Paul keeps sprinting forward, watching mournfully as the Aggron outpaces him with ease.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2013-10-26, 02:04 AM
Bright! So bright!!! "Ack! Sarin... Hit the body over there... I think." He blinks several times as he tries to correct his sight, aiming for the last of the tendril.
Confusion, Cain to Tendril
Psychic, Special
AC: [roll0] 2 +3(?), Confuse 19-20
Damage: [roll1]

Confusion, Sarin to Core
Special, Psychic
AC: [roll3] 2 +3(?), 19-20 Confuse
Damage: [roll4]
If Crit: +[roll5]

wqsaey
2013-10-26, 02:05 AM
"N-no..." Morgane stares horrified at the lifeless landscape. It's absorbing their energy. All the plants around here are going to die... That man, does he know?!

In a desperate plea, Morgane shouts to the man riding the giant: "P-please stop! Look around you, you're killing them! They won't last much longer!" She turns her attention back towards the giant itself and tries to sense if it has any malevolent intent. Those flashes of light unnerved her but seemed to otherwise be harmless. Maybe it's just as scared as this little bulb creature...

I'm guessing Charm for persuasion against the monk:
Charm: [roll0]

Regular Intuition check for the Bellsprout God:
Intuition: [roll1]

HotRoute
2013-10-26, 03:12 AM
Dixie shifts into a second gear as she leaves a side path between trees and gets closer into range of the colossus. In front of her roars a terrifying beastie, and behind her dashes forward a steel wrecking ball. Only a fool would try to engage themselves in this, but for some reason, her snap instinct is to sprint harder. There isn't time for internal debate.

Hurrying up!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-11-03, 10:34 PM
Morgane is ignored by both plant and man, as she comes to realize it regards everything nearby as food. One tendril bursts and falls off, and the Bellsprout screams at you in anger.
"YOU FOOLS, YOU SHALL PER-"
He's cut off as a tendril bursts into his chest, beginning to drain him of life as four tendrils target Sarin and Cain, shining more light and whipping down at each of them.
[roll0]-flash, 3+speed on Cain
[roll1]-flash, 3+speed on Sarin
[roll2]-vine whip, 2+def on Cain
[roll3]
[roll4]-vine whip, 2+def on Sarin
[roll5]

In a burst of speed, Paul and Dixie manage to get right behind Jasmine!
(One round to arrival)

Esprit15
2013-11-04, 02:18 AM
"Judgement! Nasty beasty!" Cain yells as it kills its supposed trainer. He and Sarin closing their eyes as the tendrils glow with light again. "Focus on one, Sarin... That one!" Cain meanwhile pulls out a small potion and applies it where the vine struck him. It stung a bit, but something told him death stung a little more.

Cain heals 20 HP

Confusion on another vine
Psychic, Special
AC: [roll0] 2+3 (5), Confuse 19-20

Reality Glitch
2013-11-04, 01:22 PM
(Just heading home, or what?)

(( Not really, just somewhere I can continue my journey w/o Wacko's trying to reek havoc (on kaiju-sized scale anyway.). ))

wqsaey
2013-11-04, 07:04 PM
Falling to her knees, Morgane covers up her mouth, trying desperately not to scream and bring more attention to herself. Unfortunately, that also means that she loosens her grip on the bulbed pokemon and the egg she was carrying. She trembles in place, not knowing what to do. One thing she knows for a fact is that she and Melody have no power to even touch the giant, and that scares her to no end.

Esprit15
2013-11-04, 09:30 PM
As he applies his potion, Cain speaks up to the girl while he focuses on his wound. "Hey, Morgan, right? Look, I'm not keen on ending up like splatter-chest over there. You want to live, you gotta fight for that right. Now get up and help me keep us on this side of the Void." He tosses the empty bottle into his pack and looks over at her, checking for the response.

Eshkigal
2013-11-05, 03:02 PM
The beast screams as its five tendrils in sight writhe, the one hurt healing even as you wound it (it also seems to be the one with the dead man attached, just to note). All five come sailing down at Cain and Sarin, and even as Melody grows, even as Morgane tries not to scream, even as they duck-well, the blows never hit. Instead, a roar that shakes the forest and city sounds about you both, and a giant steel head takes the blow meant for you, tendrils bouncing off weakly. Behind you both is a girl in white, standing atop an aggron's shoulder and with two others panthing behind her, finally catching up to the fight.
"I'm going to give you one chance, creature. Submit peacefully, or find out how hard a master of steel types can truly be."
Jasmine, Paul, and Dixie have entered the fray.

Meanwhile, Eli seeks other ways out. There are free ferries to some nearby islands, a second gate that doesn't seem to have a giant monster in it, or some strange looking people in gaudy attire a bit further down the street.

Reality Glitch
2013-11-05, 03:10 PM
> Eli: Take the second gate_

When you come upon another gate, you pause. It seems there isn't anything TOO monstrous here. You decide to go through it.

Esprit15
2013-11-05, 03:31 PM
Cain braces for the attack. He'd lived a good life for its length. Spent it studying and training, certainly not wasted from a philosophical perspective. Could have been more adventurous at times. Should have hit on- hey, where'd the light go? Cain looks up, seeing the hulking creature protecting them, and the local Leader atop it. "Morning Miss Jasmine." His voice shakes a bit, though less so than the few times he had to speak to Sabrina back home. "If you can deal with the main body, we can take the roots out. It seems to be healing from the earth." The trainer and mon go back to work, focusing their powers on the roots of the sprout.

Confusion
AC: [roll0] 2+3, 19-20 Confuse
[roll1]

AC: [roll2] 2+3, 19-20 Confuse
[roll3] +22 crit

HotRoute
2013-11-05, 08:44 PM
Dixie skids to a stop next to a boy with powerful red eyes, and isn't entirely happy she hurried to get here. Before her is a rampaging bellsprout monster. It waves a bloodied, dying man with one tendril and looks for more prey with its others. Dixie's mouth hangs agape, unable to form words.

Until she sees the Aggron beside her, that is. Jasmine's voice fills Dixie with confidence. She puts her pokemon's ball directly next to her lips and whispers, "Let's do this. Be brave, Poofy."

The small, sheep-like pokemon bursts forth from red light. "REEEEP!"

Arcran
2013-11-05, 10:09 PM
Paul releases the small cow Wooper in a flash of light, prepared to tell the small Pokemon to do its best to slow down the hulking monolith of a Bellsprout.

Fortunately, the appearance of Jasmine stops him from ordering the (likely suicidal) attack.

Wait for now Daisy, he mutters, waiving the Wooper back from spraying mud. Let's see what a Gym Leader can do.

Eshkigal
2013-11-06, 12:41 PM
(Not going to get a chance to later today, so post whenever, W. Seven vines remain!)

Two more tendrils shred, and the beast shrieks in pain again, trying to lash back out. It shrieks even louder as the steelix clamps down with it's mouth, tearing it out of the ground forcibly. In vain, it tries to find purchase.
"Thank you. Would your group mind pruning the other tendrils too, please, if only to speed this up? I'll keep it from focusing on you too much."
The giant beast tries to pass it by, aiming at Cain and Sarin again with a pair of tendrils.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Esprit15
2013-11-06, 03:21 PM
"Hey, new arrivals! Rather than gawking, how about you Muking help us!" Cain motions Sarin behind him as the trainer applies another potion to himself. "Double Team, Sarin. You won't stay up after another hit like that." The Ralts grows blurry.
Another 20 HP healed on Cain

Sarin used Double Team

Arcran
2013-11-06, 04:34 PM
Paul almost rolls his eyes. Gawking, no. Giving the plant a chance to not die in wave after wave of muddy destruction, yes.

The frustration of the past few days pours out of Paul as he gestures towards the Bellsprout.

Daisy, take it out! Mud Shot! he shouts, the Wooper obliging by spraying water into the ground, forcing a mighty jet of mud up to slam into one of the tendrils.

[roll0] AC: 3, -1 Speed on hit
[roll1] Special Ground
And we have a crit. Add 21 to that.

At the same time Paul tries to focus his roiling mind, attempting to force entry into the mind of the Bellsprout. If he could make a connection, maybe he could end this quicker.

DC of 20. I'll be using 1 AP to add 1 to the roll.
[roll2]

wqsaey
2013-11-07, 11:48 PM
Although Morgane wasn't receptive to Cain's words, the arrival of Jasmine confidently riding atop a towering gray beast somehow tamed Morgane's agitated nerves, maybe because of the dominant aura the lady was radiating. For a moment, Morgane just looked wondrously at her but snapped out of her daze to finally get some clear thoughts.

After pondering for a good while, she whispers softly, "Melody, ready yourself. I know that this isn't a very good match-up, but if something unexpected happens to the rest, we have to be ready." The little Budew responds by absorbing some sunlight, puffing up adorably. "Oh, and take a Wiki Berry. Be careful with it. I know you like them, but I only have one more left."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Morgane crouches down to set aside the Bulbasaur and egg in a spot behind some still-standing (albeit dying) shrubbery. "Sorry about this, but wait here and look after my egg, okay? It's precious to me. I'll give you something yummy later." She tries to show a brave smile to the frightened pokemon and turns back around to the Bellsprout.

Making sure that Melody is strapped in tight, Morgane gets ready to make her move. Apologetically, she hugs Melody to her chest. "You're going to scold me afterwards, but forgive me." She bolts to the side of the giant, trying to use any distraction by the others to get around undetected. Melody isn't too thrilled about being swung about, however.

Sorry, real-life stuff made the last few days miserable. I did read everything, but just couldn't bring myself to make a post.

Morgane's action:
1. Gives Melody a Wiki Berry to hold.

Melody's action:
1. Growth (Self, +1 ATK and SATK combat stages)
-------------------------------------------------------
Morgane's action:
1. Sprints (so 7 overland movement speed for this round instead of default 5) to behind the Bellsprout. Here's a Stealth check to get behind without the Bellsprout noticing: [roll0]. I'm gonna assume you want acrobatics and athletics checks too, so Acrobatics: [roll1] and Athletics: [roll2].

Melody's action:
2. Holds on for dear life.

HotRoute
2013-11-08, 06:36 PM
Poofy can't do a lick of damage against this behemoth, and angering it would only make it crush my pokemon like a grape. Dixie watches the young girl charge her steel-type heroically into battle. But... I can't just sit here. If I'm not going to help attack, I can at least hold it still for everyone else!

"Poofy!" Dixie barks. Her pokemon stiffens up in response, fiercely ready for battle. "Lock 'em up!"

The mareep charges forward ((to the outer edge of the move's range)) before sending a wave of electrical currents into the ground. Yellow and blue arching sparks bounce across the dirt, scramble up the monstrous pokemon, and sizzle and pop as they damage its tendrils.

Poofy uses Thunder Wave on the Bellsprout monster! This exhausts Poofy's one use of Thunder Wave this battle.

Eshkigal
2013-11-08, 08:19 PM
Sarin scatters in a few different directions as Daisy, with a mighty moo, shoots a blast of mud that severs an incoming tendril. Meanwhile, Morgane sprints at the giant, managing to be ignored by it as there is a giant steel snake latched onto its stomach, a bunch of people smacking it, and it's now in the middle of minor seizures. Meanwhile, Jasmine hops off the aggron as it shreds another pair with ease.
Paul brushes his mind against the monster's, and it is...incredibly young, you feel in the instant you connect. Creatures swarm at its feet, hurting it when it simply wants to feed for the first time it has lived. Nipping pests, swat them all, eat them all, MAKE THEM LEAVE TO FEAST!
With that last portion, he loses connection with the monstrous creature that simply knows nothing about the world. Nothing about people, of other pokemon, of anything but the hunger of a newborn.
[roll0]-paralysis check, dc 5
If that passes, the following occur
[roll1]-flash, Daisy
[roll2]-flash, Daisy
[roll3]-flash, Poofy
[roll4]-vine whip, Sarin #[roll5] of [roll6]
[roll7]

Meanwhile, on a much, much less panic filled route, Eli heads out with his charmander Bobby, until sounds of scraping claws nearby are heard. You look around, trying to see if another creature is about to go on a rampage, when you see a sandy, tan head break the nearby soil and claws cut a root to chew on.
Oh, hey! Sandshrew!

Esprit15
2013-11-09, 12:26 AM
The vine slams into the poor Ralts. "Sarin!" Cain pulls out a Great Ball and propels it at the Bellsprout. It clearly wasn't owned, at least they could catch it and then decide what to do with it then.
Great Ball
AC: [roll0] 6, Status
Capture: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-11-09, 12:30 AM
While his aim is true, a leafy frond sprouts from a tendril and bats the greatball backat Cain. Apparently, the only way through was through the vines.

Arcran
2013-11-09, 12:16 PM
Paul recoils at the mind of the creature. It would seem reasoning with it may be out of the question, but he could still try. Not expecting results, he tries to connect to the mind of the monster again.

Going to burn an AP again, DC 20
[roll0]

Paul looks at Daisy, her eyes wide as she staggers about, mooing frantically. Daisy, Sludge Bomb! he shouts, directing her towards another vine, hoping that she'll luck out and remove another tendril.

[roll1] AC: 2
Damage: [roll2]
Poison, Special

wqsaey
2013-11-09, 01:14 PM
"You're doing great, Melody, just hold on. Boost yourself up if you can," Morgane mutters in between heavy breaths. It takes a heavy amount of concentration after running around the violent Bellsprout, but she thinks she manages to find a blind spot on its back.

Morgane's actions:
1. Morgane continues sprinting (I don't know if that's a persistent boost, but I'm gonna assume it's not) and tries to finally get around the hulking beast, looking for any blind spots that would allow her to climb up.

Perception to see if the point Morgane finds is actually a blind spot: [roll0]
Focus for concentration if that would help: [roll1]
Intuition just in case she gets doubts (regardless if they're well-founded or not): [roll2]
Melody's actions:
1. Growth (+1 combat stage to ATK and SATK)

HotRoute
2013-11-09, 01:15 PM
The mareep is dazed by the flashing lights, but shakes it off and does its best to keep the target in its sights. "C'mon Poofy, Thundershock attack!" Dixie calls from a safe distance.

Poofy's Thundershock:
AC: [roll0], needs 2.
Damage: [roll1].
Again, Poofy stands at the outer-edge of the move's range.

Dixie gawks at the kid beside her throwing a pokeball at the creature. Dixie is as eager to capture pokemon as much as anybody, but does he honestly think he can control this!? What's his plan once it's in the ball?

Eshkigal
2013-11-09, 02:19 PM
Together, Daisy and Poofy cause a tendril to burst, as Jasmine's aggron grabs the last two and pulls, tearing them off and tossing them behind it, incidentally cutting it off from the other trainers who were too slow. Paul feels fear from it. It was just born, and it could die soon. Why? All it wanted was to eat, so why?
In desperation, it unleashes a bright burst in the steelix's eyes to try and get out of its mouth.
(It is now catchable)

Arcran
2013-11-09, 02:38 PM
Paul does the obvious, grabbing his final Pokeball and hurling it at the creature. Now was the time to go big or go home.

[roll0] AC: 6 Status
[roll1]

Reality Glitch
2013-11-09, 03:01 PM
Meanwhile, on a much, much less panic filled route, Eli heads out with his charmander Bobby, until sounds of scraping claws nearby are heard. You look around, trying to see if another creature is about to go on a rampage, when you see a sandy, tan head break the nearby soil and claws cut a root to chew on.
Oh, hey! Sandshrew!> Bask in it's cuteness_

Aww....the little fella' looks so calm and tranquil just sitting there munchin' on some lunchin's, you'd hate to disturb him, but Bobby being the social butterfree he is has already started talking up the poor guy.

Esprit15
2013-11-09, 05:38 PM
No tendrils, now was his chance.
Trainer Speed 12
Heavy Ball
AC: [roll0] 6
Capture: [roll1] -5 for every weight class above 1

Eshkigal
2013-11-09, 11:20 PM
Both balls fly true, but the heavy ball is a bit faster. The Bellsprout God disappears into it, and with a click, it disappears.
However, oddly enough, Paul's pokeball also manages to hit the last tendril removed, while it was twitching, and strangely enough the appendage goes into the ball.
(2 level 5 cryptid shiny bellsprouts caught! Nature is up to you guys, +2 stats, max weight class, growth egg move, Tendril Growth, Tendril Regeneration, Tendril action.)
50 experience to everyone who fought the bellsprout.

Meanwhile, Eli watches as Bobby goes over to the wild sandshrew, who pauses in eating its root to look at the charmander. After sniffing him, it dives back below, only to surface below Bobby and begin rolling about with him on top. Maybe it's a game?

wqsaey
2013-11-10, 12:30 AM
Morgane stops in her tracks right as she is about to leap at the behemoth that disappeared before her. In its place is a gray and blue pokeball, a clear sign that someone managed to catch it safely. With a sigh, she slips to the side of the path (while plucking the Wiki Berry from a reluctant Melody) to return to where she had hid the Bulbasaur and egg. Hoping that the monstrosity didn't cause irreversible damage, Morgane also looks around at the trees to see if they've started improving in condition.

Perception: [roll0]

Reality Glitch
2013-11-10, 12:38 AM
"Aw, how sweet, they're playing together." you go sit down w/ them and see if the sandshrew takes to you as quickly. "Hello there. :)"

Arcran
2013-11-10, 12:54 AM
Paul goes over to the Pokeball, scooping it up with an odd look on his face. While he was a young trainer, a Pokeball triggering on an appendage of a Pokemon is not a normal occurrence. He pockets the ball, looking at Daisy with pride, the Wooper still staggering slightly from the bright bursts of light.

You did well girl, Paul says, glad that a stray vine hadn't lain the Wooper low.

He looks around at the others. The one that had invested in a Heavy Ball likely was a skilled Trainer and out of his league. The others seemed fairly ordinary. Jasmine, while a skilled Gym Leader, wouldn't have the correct expertise for something like this, although she likely would know Morty. Perhaps she could help him get there if he explained his situation?

Not wanting to be the first to speak, he awkwardly tries to reach around to check if the Egg is still in his pack, hoping that perhaps his problems had just vanished.

Esprit15
2013-11-10, 02:15 AM
The Heavy Ball leaps from the ground back to Cain's hand, and the unactivated Great Ball jumps into his bag. He heads towards Jasmine. "Sorry, but it seemed the most expedient way to bring it under control.

Do you have any clue what this thing is?" he asks, holding the ball (firmly) in his mental and physical grip.

HotRoute
2013-11-10, 03:30 PM
Dixie calls her pokemon over to her, takes a knee, and begins running her fingers through its thick, tight curls. "Good job girl," she speaks softly. Several short sparks emanate from the wool.

"So..." she looks up from her position on the ground at the two trainers who had thrown pokeballs. "What's your plan with that thing?" She gives a short laugh. "You gonna have Jasmine babysit you every time you release it?"

Arcran
2013-11-10, 04:14 PM
Paul looks at the girl.

We just saw a dude who was apparently trying to use the Pokemon get eaten alive. I have enough issues as is that there's no way I'm keeping something this hostile, he says, pocketing the ball.

Anybody have an idea where I can get something worth this Pokemon? A run of the mill trade is definitely no cutting it, he says, wanting to get this thing off his hands ASAP so he only had one mystery to deal with.

Eshkigal
2013-11-10, 04:29 PM
(Need some more time to post for the sandshrew, will add it later)

The bulbasaur is cowering by the egg, the scent of humans nearby likely putting it on edge as there is little chance for one so rare to escape them all. The plantlife will take years, maybe decades to regrow, but in the long run, things will return to normal here.

Jasmine looks to Cain, Dixie, and Paul, momwentarily considering things.
"That was a pseudolegendary-or as this situation is normally labeled, cryptid- bellsprout, judging from the damage to the area, the size, the unusual coloration, and the fact that man is wearing iconography from the order of bellsprout monks. As for a trade, I think I can put something fitting together for either or both of you. As you all participated in this event, I must ask you to come to the gym to learn details anyway, though seeing that you acted to protect my city, you are free to refuse."

Arcran
2013-11-10, 04:32 PM
I was going to ask your help with something anyways, so lead the way, Paul says, nodding graciously.

I'm sure whatever you have will work, as long as it's not going to try to eat me.

HotRoute
2013-11-10, 06:22 PM
Dixie was about to suggest shipping the mega-bellsprout to her Kanto pokemon lab connections, but there's no way she's about to disagree with a gym leader!

"A trade with a gym leader!..." Dixie gawks to no one in particular. Damn! Now I really wish I threw a ball at it, too!

Dixie stands up, returns Poofy to her pokeball, and follows Jasmine and the group when they leave.

Esprit15
2013-11-10, 07:16 PM
Dixie gets a very unamused look from Cain. "As I said, it seemed the fastest way to get the thing under control. I'll see what Jasmine has to say before I decide if I am crazy a light to try and keep it."

wqsaey
2013-11-10, 08:30 PM
Things will get better, huh? That's good, I guess. Still...
"I'll fix this, somehow..."

Morgane slowly approaches the quivering Bulbasaur and extends a palm with an oran berry. "Thanks for staying, little one. Want your reward?" She smiles as she meets the pokemon face-to-face.

Eshkigal
2013-11-11, 12:00 AM
Eli goes over to the sandshrew, who submerges under the soil, causing Bobby to stumble for a moment. You hear it dig up behind you, and sniff at your backpack.

The bulbasaur looks at you carefully, hiding behind your egg until you take it. It seems cautious about a reward from a human, but it lacks many other options at the moment. Two tendrils tentatively head out and take the berry.

She nods at each of you who responds, before looking to Morgane.
"Miss, would you like to come along? Your new friend would be safe with us as well, on my word as a Leader."
Either way, she has her aggron toss the remaining tendrils out of the way before recalling her mon, with the trainers that were behind you moaning about the lost chances and dispersing gradually. It takes some time to get to her gym, where she leads you to the back and to an elevator.
"Would you like to see my offers first, or debrief about the incident to get the record set?"

Arcran
2013-11-11, 12:03 AM
A debrief would be nice. Even if I don't want to risk keeping it, I'd like to know what it is, Paul says, almost forgetting about the Egg in the excitement.

Esprit15
2013-11-11, 12:10 AM
"Yeah, I'll go with the debriefing first." Cain picks up the unconscious Sarin, being surprisingly gentle with the little Ralts.

Eshkigal
2013-11-11, 12:17 AM
"Excuse me-ah, I see, I'm sorry."
She gives a small smile, and shakes her head.
"Unfortunately, I don't know much about this creature or its nature. I simply know that there are occasionally normal pokemon who become creatures of mythical tier. Now, why does this happen? Honestly, I don't know. Professor Rowan is doing some studies over in Sinnoh alongside his research into evolution and the nature of legends, so he'd know best out of anyone, though maybe Morty or Agatha has some knowledge that could better illuminate this, as they are some of the most knowledgeable minds on legendaries and mythologies. In truth, the only one who would know anything useful about them without having time to study the bellsprouts would probably have been the previous trainer, and you saw what was left of him. I'm simply getting you through this so you don't have to sit in a police station and get questioned about this incident."

Reality Glitch
2013-11-11, 12:43 AM
Eli goes over to the sandshrew, who submerges under the soil, causing Bobby to stumble for a moment. You hear it dig up behind you, and sniff at your backpack.(( Shoulder bag actually. Also, extending my channeling to include the sandshew. ))

"Oh. You must be smelling one of these." You reach into your bag and remove one of the cupcakes, which is luckily only slightly squished.

Arcran
2013-11-11, 02:22 AM
Paul nods as she talks, somewhat disappointing in the fact that she didn't know much about the creature.

Thanks for your help then, he says, glad to not have to sit in a police station. What if they found the Egg? That would be bad.

Since we all know nothing about the Bellsprout, how about those offers? Paul asks, hoping to get the others out soon so he could talk about his particular situation.

wqsaey
2013-11-11, 02:39 AM
The lady's offer is kind, but realizing how scared the Bulbasaur is at the moment, Morgane shakes her head, picks up the pokemon, and separates from the group, hoping to get it to open up to her on a little walk on the outskirts of town. Unfortunately, the devastated landscape doesn't provide the best atmosphere, but she tries her best regardless.

Intuition (instead of Charm): [roll0]

Esprit15
2013-11-11, 03:30 AM
"Well, I'm more than willing to experiment. Any ideas on at least working with them? I'm curious about at least trying to understand it before I just throw it over to somebody else- Actually, hey man, you caught a smaller one. Mind me taking that and handing over the 50 footer to Jasmine?"

Arcran
2013-11-11, 01:05 PM
"Well, I'm more than willing to experiment. Any ideas on at least working with them? I'm curious about at least trying to understand it before I just throw it over to somebody else- Actually, hey man, you caught a smaller one. Mind me taking that and handing over the 50 footer to Jasmine?"

Your funeral, he says, happily swapping with the Trainer. He's just dumping his anyways, so it doesn't matter to him.

Eshkigal
2013-11-11, 11:23 PM
After the small trade, Jasmine hits a button and you feel the elevator head down. The door opens, and you find yourself in a large cave with lots of steel types scurrying about, from magnemites to steelix, all around a snoring golden steelix so big that several smaller steelix were resting on its back.
"Now, I'm sure we'll find someone who you think will be worthy of a trade here."
Some creatures also didn't look like they were normally steel, too...
(Here's the deal: One shiny steel type for a bellsprout, or one steel shifted mon for it, with +3 to two stats either way. Level 5, first stage only)

Arcran
2013-11-12, 12:01 AM
Paul looks around the room in wonder. This kind of facility, underneath a Gym? Incredible. The number of Steel Type Pokemon, as well as that Steelix...

A familiar, frantic mooing sounds from behind him, and Paul turns to see his Wooper dashing from a small, golden Pokemon, frantically trying to avoid it. A quick Pokemon scan shows it to be a Beldum, one of the ever elusive "psuedolegendaries". Paul quickly dashes after Daisy, trying to slip his consciousness into the mind of the Beldum's mind.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-11-12, 12:17 AM
Just as he connects, the beldum taps Daisy. Its thoughts are strange and analytical, but have some words due to it's almost computer like mind.
TAG. YOU ARE IT.
Its eye flashes in an odd pattern at the same time, apparently in some rhythm it thinks makes sense.

Meanwhile, in the woods, Morgane realizes that the bulbasaur is just afraid of people. Melody helps, though, as having anouther grass/poison type to talk with that wasn't a few stories tall. Seems to be getting at least alright with you around...

Arcran
2013-11-12, 12:22 AM
Paul grins slightly, focusing his mind more on Daisy, sending her memories of his childhood experiences with tag, hoping that the Wooper can put two and two together and get a number in the ballpark of four.

As he leaves the two to their devices, he turns to Jasmine.

I want that one, he says with a small grin.

Eshkigal
2013-11-14, 10:03 AM
Jasmine pulls a heavy ball off a nearby wall, and gestures for the shiny beldum to come over. She proves that it is the right ball, then offers it.
"Here you are then."
Meanwhile, Dixie feels something attach to her bag.

Arcran
2013-11-14, 10:48 AM
Paul takes the ball with a grin, happy to have a new teamate. He lets the Beldum out, quickly establishing a link once again, and gently pats its metallic head.

Thanks, he says, handing over the Bellsprout without much regret.

As always though, the constant weight of the Egg in his pack does a bit to kill Paul's mood.

Once the others have left, I have something I need to talk with you about, Paul says, trying to keep his voice low.

wqsaey
2013-11-15, 12:31 AM
After circling back around, Morgane hesitates in front of the gate to the city. The nice lady had invited her, but the thought of the multitude of people frightens her, and the little one would likely flee if she tries heading into such a crowded place. Maybe it'd be best if she simply left for another destination. Either way, she would be taking the pokemon from its natural habitat.

Morgane sets the Bulbasaur down on a side trail of the woods around where she thinks it ran into her. "So, I don't know how you'll do here now that it's been hurt so bad, but this is your home, right? Do you want to stay here?" She delicately pauses, thinking back to Ilex Forest.

"... My home burned down with my mother inside. I could have stayed there and chosen to rebuild. It wouldn't have been easy, but I knew how. But it was painful, seeing the ashes of my home. It wouldn't have been the same. This place is similar. The trees here will take a long time to fully recover, but even then they won't be the same. Do you want to stay in a home that you know can't ever come back the same?

Haha... Maybe I'm just lonely. You're like me, aren't you? Mother said that those who are alike are drawn to each other. How about you come with me? If we share our loneliness together, maybe we won't be quite so lonely anymore. Besides, maybe along the way we can find a way to heal this place. Celebi will guide us if she feels it so."

At this point, Morgane looks at the Bulbasaur with a lost face. Melody on the other hand shifts around, uncomfortable at being left out. She squeaks dejectedly as Morgane sinks into past sorrows.

One more disposition check I guess before I let it run off or join me.

Intuition: [roll0]

HotRoute
2013-11-15, 05:32 PM
The jealousy in Dixie is growing rapidly. Nothing hateful towards the two boys, but a strong regret in herself. I'm a pokemon collector. That's my specialty, it's what I do. Look what happens when I second-guess myself. Eager eyes watch the two more ambitious than herself get rewarded with powerful steel types. From now on, it's throw pokeballs first, ask questions second!

At that, she feels a tug on her backpack, as if it suddenly got quite heavier and something is pulling it down. Her first thought is the egg! but that doesn't make sense because conservation of mass and all that. But by then, she's already taken her bag off and brought it around front to investigate the source of the weight.

Esprit15
2013-11-15, 05:49 PM
Seeing the other boy trade off the Bellsprout, Cain sighs. Nobody likes to really work with the mons they catch. It's a shame. Then again, he didn't seem to show much combative potential during the fight. Maybe he was just him picking what he could handle. Looking around, he sees that it was more than just himself and the other guy who threw a ball. "Hey, didn't realize it was more than the three of us. Whatcha doing there?" he asks the girl rummaging through her bag.

Eshkigal
2013-11-15, 05:54 PM
(Note to Route: Only one guy took the steel type. Es's going to try training his bellolante.)
Jasmine nods to Paul quickly.
"Stick around after the debriefing then, and I'll see if I can help you. Now, as for you-"
She points at Cain, a small frown on her face.
"-unfortunately, I know little about how to deal with such changed pokemon. My advice would be to see Morty about it specifically, honestly. Otherwise, get something bigger to keep it in line."
Meanwhile, Dixie finds an aron wobbling around with its head stuck to her bag, probably her pokeballs. A nearby magneton gives a scrape that almost sounds like a chuckle. The aron looks pleadingly at her for help.

Morgane, the bulbasaur looks about ready to bolt. As you sigh and stand up, it suddenly grabs your wrist with a pair of vines, not wanting to be left alone. Not in a place it can't hide any more, in a dead forest where their family has disappeared one after the other at the best of times. (Level 10 bulbasaur, lazy, photosynthesis)

(Sorry Glitch, overlooked your post when I did my other posts.)
The sandshrew sniffs at the cupcake, a long, thin tongue licking at the frosting. It then sniffs at your bag, before nudging it over. Your dex falls out, and it scoops it up, looking at the ever precious shiny that the pokedex is.

HotRoute
2013-11-15, 06:22 PM
"Ooohhh hey there!" Dixie gets on her knees and places the bag down so the little pokemon can rest its feet on the ground. "What're you - ack!" She attempts to pull the pokemon away from the metal in her bag, which is proving a bit more difficult than expected, "what're you doing, friend?" Finally able to yank the heavier-than-it-looks pokemon from its magnetic pull on the balls in her bag, she changes to a cross-legged position on the ground and reaches slowly out to the metallic creature with a gentle hand. "It's okay," she says calmly, then snaps to the magnaton, "I won't laugh at you."

Arcran
2013-11-15, 06:33 PM
Paul nods, then relaxes, watching the Beldum chase Daisy, tag her, then groaning as Daisy lay face-first on the ground, making no effort to get up, clearly not getting the game at all. A quick channel and attempted explanation does very little to help the Wooper. In the end, Paul has to scoop her up, then point her at the Beldum, who very easily avoids the clumsy charge of the Wooper.

Esprit15
2013-11-15, 07:15 PM
Although with all of these Steel types in here, it was rather tempting... "Nice mon you found there."

HotRoute
2013-11-15, 07:24 PM
"Heh thanks!" Dixie chimes, smiling up at the boy, but quite comfortable on the ground, "but I think it was him who found me!"

Esprit15
2013-11-15, 07:55 PM
"Well he seems to to like you. Or she." He bends down to the little mon. "Yep, no clue. I didn't pay much attention to Steel type morphology."

Arcran
2013-11-16, 01:49 AM
Paul looks to the other boy with a grin on his face. Seeing the other reply though, he assumes the comment was directed towards the other and goes back to his feeble, yet diverting, attempts to get Daisy to understand tag.

wqsaey
2013-11-16, 12:26 PM
Morgane, pleasantly surprised, cracks a smile. "Glad to be with you." She rummages in her satchel for a Friend Ball and, showing it to the Bulbasaur first, taps the vines around her wrist with it. The pokeball swallows up the pokemon in a flash of red light and clicks close.

Looking at her new companion, Morgane muses. "Now then, I guess I can't call you 'little one' forever. What do you think, Melody?" A few curious chirps at the Friend Ball tell her what to do. "I know! Since your name is Melody and you two get along so well, let's call her Harmony. Sound good?" Melody chirps loudly in agreement.

Before steeling herself to enter the city once again, Morgane decides to do something she hasn't done since leaving Ilex Forest. She looks around for a few loose twigs and leaves and builds a small shrine. Clapping her hands together and biting onto a White Herb and Mental Herb, she kneels in front of the structure: Oh Guardian of the Forest, Celebi, I offer my prayer and these herbs to thee. For the sake of Harmony, please protect this land and bring to it health once again.

Friend Ball raises Bulbasaur's Loyalty by 1. Yay, artificial brainwa- I mean bond-deepening.

Also, Lazy isn't an actual nature in PTU. I assume you mean Patient (+HP,-Speed), since that's the equivalent with PTA's Lazy? Also, that's a really troublesome nature. You just had to choose a nature that affects HP, didn't you? XD

Eshkigal
2013-11-17, 12:09 AM
Dixie, the aron curls up on your lap and nuzzles your hand, not as heavy as you'd expect a steel beast to be but still oh god. Jasmine looks at that, and nods.
"Well then, she was going to be a starter, however she seems to have taken a shine to you, miss. Would you like her as a thank you for helping?"
The aron looks up at you, hopeful.

Slowly, Daisy begins to understand the game, Paul. However, she ends up tagging a rock-oh god it has arms and runs after your new mon on them. Jasmine giggles.
"So, have you thought of a name for him?"

(Yes, I did mean Patient. Sorry if I messed over any plans, W, but you can have people teach them other natures.)
You recite the prayer, and a short while later, a small gust of wind stirs at the leaves in the impromptu shrine and mixing the juices of the herbs a bit. Probably a good sign, right?

Arcran
2013-11-17, 12:20 AM
Paul looks at the Pokemon quizzically.

You know, Tag is a good name, a surprisingly good one. Fits too, he says, watching Daisy to make sure he doesn't need to intervene.

Do you have healing facilities? I need to patch up a Poochyena I caught earlier.

wqsaey
2013-11-17, 12:45 AM
Morgane recognizes the sign and sighs in relief. Her small prayer has reached Celebi, and hopefully the Guardian will act soon. The bitter taste of the herbs linger on her tongue as she steps calmly towards Olivine City once more, the familiar routine having given her courage.

Eh, it's less about plans and more about keeping base relations stable. Any of the natures that raise HP really put things in a knot because Bulbasaur's base stats are all either 5 or 7, so when HP is raised by 1 to become 6, it just throws everything out of whack.

Reality Glitch
2013-11-18, 09:43 AM
"Oh, I see you found my pokéDex. You can look at it for now, but be careful w/ it, 'cause I'll need it back."

HotRoute
2013-11-18, 06:52 PM
"I don't think I have a choice!" Dixie says with a laugh given the pokemon's puppy dog eyes. She opens up her arms to welcome the newcomer. "Thank you, Jasmine. I really appreciate it." After letting it become a bit more used to her presence, Dixie asks a few questions of its former owner. "So it's a she? Does she have a name yet?"

Eshkigal
2013-11-20, 01:47 PM
"I'll take you all to our emergency medic shortly. As for your new friend, no, she doesn't have a name yet."
She pulls out another heavy ball and walks over to Dixie, handing her the ball. (Level 5, nature and ability are up to you.)
After, the entire group is brought upstairs again, and led to a healer. As you each get mon healed one after the other, Jasmine asks you to go through events as they happened for the record, with a stenographer nearby.

The sandshrew gives the dex a tentative nibble, before making a face. Seems it doesn't quite understand human.

Morgane enters the city again, while people don't seem to notice her so much. Where would she like to go? There's a large lighthouse to the south, a strange building to the southwest, the shore again, and a few other places of note...
(If you want someplace else, feel free to invent something)

Esprit15
2013-11-20, 03:17 PM
"There's not much. I was on the beach and ran into a girl with a symbol of Celebi. Asked her name, she got really nervous and ran away. I tried to follow her as she ran out to the woods. Next thing I know, some crazy guy on a Bellsprout is riding around. If it weren't for you and the others showing up, I'd have likely been mulch."

wqsaey
2013-11-20, 10:01 PM
The large tower by the sea coast intrigues Morgane. The first time she had entered the city, she had heard snippets of information about this "lighthouse", a guide for those sailing on the ocean on "boats", and the last few nights, she saw the glory of its light from where she was camping in the forest. She wanted to see it up close for herself.

However, Morgane has an invitation to answer. That lady said she's a Leader, right? What building is for Leaders again? Seeing the strange building to the southwest, she decides that it's the best place to start looking.

HotRoute
2013-11-21, 08:25 PM
"Welcome to the team," Dixie starts off enthusiastically, then stumbles when she realizes she doesn't have a name for her new pokemon yet. "Uhh... little one!" She quickly flips open her pokedex, scans the aron, then recalls it before hurrying upstairs with the rest of the group.

"Yeah, not much more to it unfortunately. You said it's a cryptid? I guess that guy bit off more than he could chew." Dixie stretches her arms over her head and casually adds, "I thought he was its trainer! Boy was I wrong..."

Eshkigal
2013-11-23, 11:51 PM
Jasmine nods to the two of you, and thanks you for your time before sending Dixie and Cain on their ways to wherever they'd like to go, mon HP at full. She turns to Paul, sending the stenographer away.
"I believe you have some questions for me?"

Morgane wanders towards the strange building, and sees two of the people from before exit*! Inside is a third, still talking with the lady from before**.

*Assuming Morgane wants to avoid detection: Perception from Es and Route to spot W, vs a hide check from W.
**If you want to find out Paul's dark secret, hide checks and perceptions to avoid detection!

Esprit15
2013-11-24, 01:00 AM
Cain heads out with the other trainer. "So what brings you to Olivine, miss?" Sarin sits on his trainer's shoulder, nursing a headache.
Rolled a 13 to spot W

wqsaey
2013-11-24, 02:53 AM
Approaching the building, Morgane slows down and ducks behind a tree as she recognizes one of the figures exiting. He's here... Cain... Entranced, she stares at his beautiful, soft eyes. They really are like Mother's...

Rolled Stealth of 10. My maximum would have been 13, anyways, so I don't really know why I did it.

Esprit15
2013-11-24, 04:04 AM
Cain spots a movement out of the corner of his eye. "Hey! Morgane! Why did you run off before?"

Arcran
2013-11-24, 09:43 AM
Paul pulls out the sticky egg, unsure how odd it would look. He sighs, aware that he is about to sound bat**** crazy.

I don't know how I got this, or where it came from. All I know is since I've gotten it, I've had nightmares. Things have appeared in my sleep. I've heard voices in my head. I feel like I'm going crazy, he says, eyes wide.

Today I tried to get rid of it. Tossed it at the ocean. You know what happened? The ocean spat it back out. Bounced back up to me like it's, it's, attracted to me? It won't leave, I can't get rid of it, and it's always here. I don't know what to do anymore.

HotRoute
2013-11-24, 10:52 AM
"Hi!" Dixie sticks out a hand for Morgane to shake. "I don't think we've met, I'm Dixie! Were you at the whole mega-bellsprout fiasco?"

wqsaey
2013-11-24, 12:30 PM
It takes all her courage to keep Morgane in place instead of running. They noticed her. She just wanted to talk to the lady behind them, but now what? Shifting further behind the tree, she doesn't answer either of them or shake Dixie's hand.

Reality Glitch
2013-11-24, 01:34 PM
(( I did already mention that I channeling the sandshrew, so language barriers aren't as much of a problem. ))

"Well if your quite done, I'd like it back." I reach for the pokéDex.

Esprit15
2013-11-24, 02:08 PM
"What's wrong?"

wqsaey
2013-11-25, 02:07 AM
Morgane guesses there wouldn't be too much harm in asking briefly. She can calm down enough for that. "... The lady."

Esprit15
2013-11-25, 02:53 AM
Cain cokcs his head (since the forum hates when you spell *****). "The lady... Jasmine? What about her? Did she do something?" Maybe the girl was a bit cowardly? Or she could be traumatized, though she was like that before the Bellsprout.

(I remind you that Cain asked "What's wrong?" Staying "The lady" implies that Jasmine was what's wrong)

wqsaey
2013-11-25, 10:10 AM
Morgane vigorously shakes her head no. "She wanted me to come."

(I can see how that would be confusing. Morgane has a bit of a one-track mind, though, so she's thinking more about finding Jasmine and not about replying in a sensible manner, not to mention that she really isn't comfortable with talking with others.)

Esprit15
2013-11-25, 03:34 PM
"Yeah, we all went in and you disappeared. She was thanking people for helping with the Bellsprout."

Eshkigal
2013-11-25, 11:56 PM
Eli, the sandshrew looks up at you, giving sad eyes. Images of the perfect spot in its den for the shiny flit through your head. No keep?

Jasmine looks at you, concerned and confused.
"You...I...what?"
She blinks at you a couple times, trying to take this in.
"...This may require Morty. Look, if you can, I want you to recall as many details as you can, so I have something that I can call him with. Details of the dreams, anything else connected...was that bellsprout connected?"

People are occasionally stopping to watch the group, before getting bored and moving on.

Arcran
2013-11-26, 12:43 AM
I don't think so? It showed up almost right after I tried to toss the Egg in the sea, but I didn't think it was connected... Paul says, worried that he caused the death of the man.

If you can get me to Morty, I'd appreciate it. I need to figure this out before I go crazy, he says, pulling his eyelids down as he looks around.

The Egg gave me this book, he says, handing her the empty tome. The dreams are never the same. They always are different, but there's always these great green eyes, always looking over me...

HotRoute
2013-11-26, 08:38 PM
Dixie shrugs off the non-handshake. Everyone's been through a lot today. "Hey!" She sparks to life after Cain's words and wraps her arm around Morgane's shoulder. "Between you and me..." she speaks in an excited whisper as she digs her new pokeball out of her pocket, "you should go tell her you were there. She might even give you a new mon!"

wqsaey
2013-11-26, 09:37 PM
Predictably, Morgane freaks out from Dixie's sudden approach and struggles to escape from her grasp. "L-let me go!" As Morgane is all but hyper-ventilating, Melody becomes similarly alarmed from shaking around and releases a few spores into the air.

I'm gonna guess Athletics and/or Combat for Morgane's little antic.
Athletics: [roll0]
Combat: [roll1]

And Melody uses Stun Spore (trying to hit Dixie but I'll understand if you decide to take it a different direction.)
Stun Spore (AC11): [roll2]

Esprit15
2013-11-26, 10:18 PM
"Whoa! Easy there!" Some sort of trauma. Definitely trauma. The spores do nothing really. "Here, I'll walk you to Jasmine even." He mentally pulls Dixie's hand off the panicked girl and walks towards the gym.

wqsaey
2013-11-26, 11:00 PM
Despite Cain's show of concern, Morgane just dashes off towards the outskirts of town again once she's released. There are two kinds of children that are near impossible to catch: those that are excited and those that are terrified, and Morgane is currently the latter.

Doesn't this seem familiar?
Acrobatics: [roll0]
Athletics: [roll1]

Esprit15
2013-11-26, 11:16 PM
...what was her problem? Sarin asks from Cain's shoulder.

HotRoute
2013-11-27, 05:09 PM
Dixie tries to apologize, but the girl sprints away before the breath can leave her lips. Instead, she shrugs and gives Cain a confused look. "What was her problem?"

Esprit15
2013-11-27, 06:07 PM
"Why does everyone ask me that..."

Eshkigal
2013-11-29, 08:05 PM
"...I'll do you one better."
She pulls out a pokeball, and sends out a skarmory with a saddle, one that looks well groomed and bred, metal pinions shining like mirrors.
"Martello will bring you there. I'll transfer his ball to Morty, he will take care of him from there. Martello!"
She addresses the skarmory, gently petting his face with a smile. The skarmory turns to her, his entire focus on her.
"See him to Ecuteak Gym, and only there. You will return to me through Morty."
She gives the skarmory a hug as he nods.
"Make any preparations you must, while I write a letter of introduction for you. You shall be expected."

People look at you oddly, though one shakes his head.
"Kids..."
Well, what now, Dixie and Cain?

Morgan once again bolts for the border, and makes it. The dead woods are as silent as they were earlier. Seems all the wilds fled to other locations for now. So now what?

Arcran
2013-11-29, 08:16 PM
Paul looks at her, mouth agape, the slightest of tears appearing in the corners of his eyes.

Thank you, he breathes, amazed at the help the Gym Leader was willing to drop for somebody she hardly knew. As Jasmine leaves, he tries to go find that medic, hoping to get his Poochyena patched up for the road.

Esprit15
2013-11-29, 08:31 PM
"Well, I'm in a poor condition to challenge any nearby gyms. Psychic type and naught but a Steel and Ghost Gym around here. Want to go hunting for some mons down by the water, Dixie?"

HotRoute
2013-11-29, 08:49 PM
Dixie's eyes light up. "I'd love to!" She claps her hands together and kicks her back foot up playfully. "I actually catch pokemon for a living." She rambles on as she leads them to the water. "Well, not really a living, but I get paid for it. I'm on a contract with a Kanto Research Lab, and I'm kinda their Johto hook-up. You challenge gyms!? That's so cool! I've actually been lookin' for someone like you to leave this town with - I've caught plenty of pokemon, but they're all little babies that couldn't last a minute in a battle. Except for Poofy here. Oh, and I guess this new girl, too." She holds the ball in front of her face. "What's a good name for a giant steel dinosaur?"

Esprit15
2013-11-29, 08:59 PM
Cain blushes and scratches his head nervously. "Eh... Kinda. I'm a recent graduate of the Saffron Psionic Trainer School. I've kind of just begun my challenge," the trainer says as they walk.

He regards the ball. Aron, if he remembered correctly. "Depends on what you want to convey in the name. Acier? Seems more towards the graceful side of things, though for such a creature. Something more brutish, perhaps, like Lugnut or Bolt? Maybe a bit of a balance, like Argent? It's really more something that should be personal, though."

wqsaey
2013-11-29, 11:25 PM
Fearing for the sturdiness of the trees, Morgane restrains herself from leaning against one to rest and stumbles onto the ground, trembling. I didn't want to leave, I didn't! I was getting closer... Why couldn't I stop myself? She isn't sure if it's from all the running around she's done today or if it's the silence and desolation of this morbid place now sinking into her, but she's feeling quite exhausted. Despite this, she struggles up again, readying herself to enter the city. I-I CAN do this! Mother... Morgane hugs the pale green egg tightly as she tries to trace her steps back to Cain and Dixie.

HotRoute
2013-12-01, 01:37 AM
Cain blushes and scratches his head nervously. "Eh... Kinda. I'm a recent graduate of the Saffron Psionic Trainer School. I've kind of just begun my challenge," the trainer says as they walk.

"Psychic!?" Again, she gawks at the boy. "Ooooo so you, like... what does that mean exactly?"

He regards the ball. Aron, if he remembered correctly. "Depends on what you want to convey in the name. Acier? Seems more towards the graceful side of things, though for such a creature. Something more brutish, perhaps, like Lugnut or Bolt? Maybe a bit of a balance, like Argent? It's really more something that should be personal, though."

"Umm...." she puts a finger to her bottom lip feigning deep consideration. "Nope! I already have her name." The girl releases her pokemon on the ground in front of her. She kneels next to the young aron appearing from the glowing red light. "Hi Titania, my name is Dixie." She reaches into her pocket and offers the metal beast a snack of a few small, invaluable coins. "You're gonna be big one day - huge! So eat up!"

Esprit15
2013-12-01, 01:59 AM
"Well," Cain says. At the same time, Sarin's ball dances around the two trainers. "Can make things that I can lift dance around. Pull a nasty attack or two as well."

He watches the girl with her new mon. "Like I said, personal thing."

HotRoute
2013-12-01, 08:53 PM
"Wow! That is like, so cool!" Before she realizes it, a splash and water washing over her toes alerts Dixie that she's reached the water's edge. It's warm. She's always felt at home on the coast; most Oliviners are. Children swim like horseas straight from birth and have sand forever buried in their ears and between their toes.

Dixie dashes against the waves a few more steps into the water to halfway to her knees. "All right, let's get started!"

If Morgane wants to get involved, now would be a good time for her to find us. Otherwise, Cain can begin the hunt!

wqsaey
2013-12-02, 01:00 AM
Morgane spots the duo along the coastline, the girl running into the waves so carefree. Yet even though she made it this far, Morgane can't bring herself to approach them, so she daintily sits on the warm rocks far from the water's edge, digging her feet into the soft grains of shimmering sand.

Watching the happy girl in the distance, Morgane can't help but feel out of place and alone. A look of longing settles on her face.

Esprit15
2013-12-02, 01:07 AM
Cain stops showing off long enough to roll up his pant legs and wade into the surf as well.
Oh gods please be a reasonable roll: [roll0]

Reality Glitch
2013-12-03, 02:18 PM
Eli, the sandshrew looks up at you, giving sad eyes. Images of the perfect spot in its den for the shiny flit through your head. No keep?

"Sorry, no. There might be something else I can give you" You rummage through your bag to look for something you don't need anymore, you have a tendency to pick up random items as you walk about. You are completely oblivious to the pokéball that falls out of your bag.

Eshkigal
2013-12-03, 03:04 PM
Paul finds the healer easily enough, as they were standing right outside the offices of the emergency medic where the others got taken care of. If he doesn't have anything else, he notices about ten minutes later that Martello is ready for travel, with a harness and bridle, with a letter wrapped carefully around one leg.

The group heading to the beach wades in, and Dixie almost stumbles back as she spots something shift in the water where she was about to step. A pair of red orbs on top of a blue creature rise, and it gives an agitated gurgle, causing two others to rise up too. Morgan sees the tiny creature's red orbs, from her vantage point.

The sandshrew spots the pokeball and actually skitters back. It knows what that's for. Scary, scary!

Arcran
2013-12-03, 03:11 PM
Paul thanks Jasmine one last time, still a little overwhelmed. He climbs onto the Skarmory, a little unsure what to do.

Uh, er, yip-yip? he says, giving the reins a feeble shake.

Eshkigal
2013-12-03, 03:21 PM
You shake the reins and-ZYGARDE'S EYES-wait what's zyg-oh gods fast! Too fast!
You launch into the air like a bullet, the skarmory reaching it's full acceleration with a practiced ease. The ground whizzes by below as it flaps and-oh no, wait, it just got you comfortable at a slower speed! Of course!
As you cling to his back, you notice someone was kind enough to pack barf bags.
The flight takes mere hours compared to the normal days long trek. Two or three days in the woods travel, in less than a quarter of the day! Even from the speeding skarmory's back, you take a moment to admire the ruins of a once great, golden tower, one that shimmers with a faint, silver light and a majesty untouched by the flames its sibling tower fell to behind it as a more rural feeling town comes into view.
(Set down wherever, gym, center, tower top, entrance to town etc. Default is gym.)

Reality Glitch
2013-12-03, 03:31 PM
The sandshrew spots the pokeball and actually skitters back. It knows what that's for. Scary, scary!

You look over to see the poor critter is panicked by the capsule, "Oh, I'm sorry to scare you there. It's empty so you don't have to worry about a fight. I'm not actually a trainer, you don't see Bobby here looking for a fight." Bobby tries to help calm the sandshrew down. trying to explain you use them for protection rather than entrappment, like a mobile den.

Esprit15
2013-12-03, 04:50 PM
Big, glowy-glowy orbs poking out of the sea. Seems safe- wait, those are familiar. From class, when Poison types were used for target practice. They didn't give off an entirely friendly vibe, but at the same time, Cain was no fool to their utility as a battling mon, especially with the proper training. "Dixie, you want a Tentacool?" Cain sends a telekinetic burst at one of them. Sarin fires a similar burst at a different one.
Confusion
Psychic, Special
AC: [roll0] 2, Confuse 19-20

Confusion
AC: [roll3] 2, 19-20 Confuse
Damage: [roll4]
If Crit: +[roll5]

Arcran
2013-12-03, 05:46 PM
You shake the reins and-ZYGARDE'S EYES-wait what's zyg-oh gods fast! Too fast!
You launch into the air like a bullet, the skarmory reaching it's full acceleration with a practiced ease. The ground whizzes by below as it flaps and-oh no, wait, it just got you comfortable at a slower speed! Of course!
As you cling to his back, you notice someone was kind enough to pack barf bags.
The flight takes mere hours compared to the normal days long trek. Two or three days in the woods travel, in less than a quarter of the day! Even from the speeding skarmory's back, you take a moment to admire the ruins of a once great, golden tower, one that shimmers with a faint, silver light and a majesty untouched by the flames its sibling tower fell to behind it as a more rural feeling town comes into view.
(Set down wherever, gym, center, tower top, entrance to town etc. Default is gym.)

Zygarde? New curse words? He didn't remember that one from his dreams, but it must have come from there, like everything else.

For the majority of the flight, Paul keeps his eyes shut and head bent down, waiting for it to pass. The tower holds his attention. How the hell had it burnt down? Something that big doesn't go down easily.

Paul directs the Skarmory to land by the Gym. After all, there was no sense in wasting time. After a short session of just being happy to be back on solid ground, he goes inside the Gym.

Hello, he says to the first person he finds. My name's Paul. I was wondering if I could speak to Morty? It's urgent.

HotRoute
2013-12-03, 08:51 PM
"Oh, geez!" Dixie jumps out of the way of the invisible psychic bolts. She with a quick click, she releases her trusted fluffy sheep its container. "MA-rup?" Little Poofy is surprised to be released in water. Her wool is instantly matted down, or at least as much as it ever can.

"Ehm... not particularly." Dixie apparently isn't impressed with the creatures. "Think they'll swim away if you leave them alone? Or do you want em?"

Eshkigal
2013-12-05, 08:42 PM
Eli
The sandshrew still scurries back from the ball, Eli. Remembers others. Remembers them gone. Remembers red R. Bad thing, R. Smelled of blood. It hides behind a tree, peeking out at the ball until it's gone.

Group
The first one gets hurt badly by Cain, wobbling back and forth as the other two shoot poisonous quills at Sarin and Poofy.
[roll0]-poison sting, 2+defense evasion Sarin, poisons on 17-20
[roll1]
[roll2]-poison sting, 2+defense evasion Poofy, poisons on 17-20
[roll3]
Then the one that hit Sarin gets blasted in the face by Sarin, getting confused too.
The confused one tries to do something!
[roll4]
(currently, order is Cain, Dixie, tentacools, Poofy, Sarin. Morgane and her mon may enter as well)

The poor bastard
Paul goes to the first person inside the much darker building, and address a person in large, billowing clothes, something like a type of priestess.
Then it turns, and find it to be a featureless wooden face that pushes forward at you, before a gaseous creature bursts from its face, laughing at your general discomfort before a man with a large scarf on bops it with a newspaper.
"Jack, no! Not a challenger! I have business with him."
The ghost whines, before slinking off, dragging its puppet with it. The man sighs, before going over to you.
"Sorry about that, the ghosts enjoy a chance to feed on certain emotions. I'm Morty, you must be the one Jasmine called about?"
Martello pecks his letter off and nudges it towards Morty, who takes it and recalls the mon.

Esprit15
2013-12-05, 08:50 PM
Cain tosses a Great Ball at Sarin's target.
Great Ball
AC: [roll0] 6

Arcran
2013-12-05, 09:03 PM
Y-yes, Paul stutters out, visibly shaken by the wooden puppet. Hopefully nobody had her him swallow that scream...

What did she tell you? he asks, a little worried.

Reality Glitch
2013-12-05, 10:34 PM
Wow. Team Rocket, that must have been a traumatizing experience. You put it back into your bag, set your bag down, and go over to the poor creature and try to let him/her know your not one of those and that you try to stop the red R people when you see them. You also try to comfort him/her w/ a pat on the head, see if he/she likes that.

wqsaey
2013-12-06, 02:57 AM
Morgane winces at the action occurring at the beach-side. More violence, more force. Although Cain looks strikingly like Mother, he certainly doesn't act like her. Before, the Bellsprout had been destroying the landscape, but these blue-and-red pokemon didn't even do anything to provoke him.

It then occurs to Morgane: why did the Tentacool even try and get close to Dixie and Cain in the first place? Now concerned, she jumps off the rocks to get a closer view, jostling Melody out of her nap in the warm sun.

HotRoute
2013-12-06, 06:14 PM
"Ack!" Dixie jumps out of the way as if the pokemon had shot at her instead of her mareep. "I knew I didn't want one of these! Yuck!" Tentacools like this are a dime a dozen, Dixie muses, quickly recalling some early days of her internship. Still, their basic constructs makes them viable candidates to many scientific tests. I'm sure Kanto wouldn't mind one more. Plus, catching them is probably the quickest way to get rid of them.

Dixie takes a few steps toward shore and hucks a pokeball at Cain's target, in case his misses his mark.

Eshkigal
2013-12-10, 07:05 PM
"A decent amount. A mysterious egg, a book, and odd dreams, right?"
He steps into the shadows, where a dozen eyes blink. As you hesitate, he sticks his head out.
"Oh, don't mind them, they're really rather harmless once you get to know them."
He comes back over and, grabbing a hand, leads you deeper into the shadow. You are led through mist and fog that shifts about into eerie, disturbing forms, before you come to a stone table with strange glyphs carved into it.
"Go ahead and put the items in question on the inspection altar, lad. I've got a couple unguents that are almost ready to collect."

(Okay, I think I have this calculated right, now...)
The tentacool disappears into the pokeball with a click, as does the one Cain aims for. Morgane notices the creatures seem predatory. I mean, what better way of grabbing a meal than to grab something small and curious with larger numbers?
(2 level 8 tentacools, both male, going to let you guys choose nature and ability from now on honestly.
The current turn is Route and anyone above or tying speed 10. Es has done his.)

The sandshrew shivers as the ball goes away, but does seem soothed a bit by being petted on top of the head. R and ball scary...

Reality Glitch
2013-12-10, 08:11 PM
"If you want you can come w/ me and we can stop the Scary R from taking more of your friends."

D'OH! You've got to remember to keep your mouth shut, too late now. Then again stopping villains would make for a nice adventure.

Arcran
2013-12-10, 08:15 PM
Paul pulls the Egg from his pack, tries to brush off the lint and dirt that seems to stick in the goo at every opportunity, but just gets a sticky hand for his efforts. With a sense of foreboding, he places the Book of Goom as well as the Egg on the table.

Eshkigal
2013-12-16, 12:27 PM
The sandshrew looks at Eli curiously. Hopeful. Memories of others they grew up with. Save them? Save kin?

Paul, you put the egg on the table, and taking a look at it on there, can see the thing within! A tiny, white creature, still growing and with four strange antennae coming from it's head.
Morty comes back, with a large bag full of strange items that...okay, why would you need an onyx statue shaped like...what pokemon is that? Kinda looks like a bird mon with three hands. Or a...strange, mutated sawsbuck thing.
"A goomy? Makes sense with the Goom part. Let's see what is strange about it, though..."
He begins speaking in a language that makes it sound like your ears and eyes are going to bleed and that you can taste the color green, before the statues glow red and blue, respectively. A pair of images appear, one a beast that looks strangely at peace, four long tendrils moving freely as if in water, the other a strange, obviously expansive being of greens and blacks. The eye from your dream comes from the green one, watching you even as you move, as the peaceful one's image gently wraps its tendrils around you and the egg, as if in a gentle hug.
"Huh. This is...huh. Zygarde and the Goodra of the North Sea? Er, to explain, Kyogre, god of all water, had four children, one for the four cardinal directions. God touched as they are, we call them cryptid tier, similar to the bellsprout you and the group you were with caught. To keep it simple, the Gyarados of the South Sea is the Rage of the oceans, the one known for tsunamis, tidal waves, and the like. The Goodra of the North Seas is his counterpart, the one that calms the oceans, keeps her more destructive kin in check. It explains why the seas would not see it hurt, sort of. Zygarde is a full fledged Legend. Kalosian in origin, so most people in this part of the world still don't know much about them. Anyway, if anything, he's-"
"I CAN SPEAK FOR MYSELF.
Morty freezes up and looks at you.
"Uh...that's new."
"COME NOW, IS IT ANY SURPRISE THAT WHICH SEES ALL AND HEARS ALL WOULD NOT KNOW? WOULD NOT SEE? I AM GOD OF KNOWLEDGE, GOD OF PRESERVATION. AND WHAT YOU HAVE THERE IS OUR CHILD.
The eye burns, watching you both. A slight tremor shakes the area, either imagined or real, you are unable to tell, as the eye narrows it's gaze upon Paul, and the booming voice from before sounds agitated.
AND I WONDER WHY YOU FELT THE NEED TO TRY AND GET RID OF OUR EGG.

Reality Glitch
2013-12-16, 12:36 PM
"Yes, save kin. Come along and we can." You start to continue down the route gesturing the sandshrew to follow.

Arcran
2013-12-16, 08:55 PM
Paul looks at Morty, frankly terrified.

I wasn't trying to hurt it, I swear! Paul says, backing away from the podium. I just didn't know what to do! The nightmares, the voices, all of it! I just wanted it to stop! he says, sounding close to tears. The god gives him nightmares, voices in his head, shows him creatures in the night, then expects him to keep the thing causing it all?

Eshkigal
2013-12-16, 11:00 PM
The eye looks at you with the look of a father who is trying to be understanding, but still fuming. Morty looks more confused than freaked out, though apparently glad he's not in your shoes right now.
YOU WERE CHOSEN FOR THE NIGHTMARES. OUR CHILD SPEAKS TO YOU, BOY. FROM ITS EGG, IT SPEAKS. WE CANNOT CONTROL THAT, NOR WOULD WE. FOR YOU SEE, OUR CHILD HAS CHOSEN YOU.
The eye flares again, as the beast flexes.
YOU ARE THE ONE OUR CHILD WANTS TO HELP FIND ITS DOGMA. YOU ARE THE ONE OUR CHILD NEEDS TO FORM INTO A DEMIGOD. WHILE IT WON'T BE COMPLETE IN YOUR LIFETIME, YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN CHOSEN TO FORGE A GODLING. AS TO YOUR VISIONS OF MONSTERS, YOU FORCE YOUR GAZE UPON ME AND SPOT MY WIFE, AND SAY WE FORCED IT UPON YOU? BAH!

Eli, the sandshrew gives a small coughing yip and begins following you.
(Level 8, male, you pick the rest)

Reality Glitch
2013-12-16, 11:05 PM
(( Just continuing down the road I guess. ))

Arcran
2013-12-16, 11:06 PM
Paul keeps backing away, glances at Morty, glances at the Egg, then does the only logical thing.

He runs. He doesn't care where, he doesn't care why. He just runs for the door. He didn't choose to raise a god. He didn't choose to be tormented. All he wanted to do was be a Pokemon Trainer. Was that so hard?

Eshkigal
2013-12-16, 11:10 PM
So you run. You run, and run, fleeing the building, fleeing the city. No one stops you, since this seems normal enough.

Arcran
2013-12-17, 12:34 AM
Paul bursts out of the Gym, running for the hills, heading for the route. He needed to clear his head at the very least, maybe get away. He wasn't ready for this kind of thing. If his experience with the Egg so far was any indication, his sanity would not survive any more of the damnable thing.

After he finds a tree or something of the like, Paul sits under it.

Eshkigal
2013-12-21, 10:09 PM
Eli continues down the road heading to Goldenrod, when he begins hearing music off the road.

Paul runs out of Eucreteak, into the woods. As his legs begin to get sore, he finds a small glade to hide and think in, bringing his head close to his knees. Until something pokes him. When he looks up, a bone white pokemo with a crumbling, black leaved flower gestures for him to move away from that precise spot, most of its body below ground still.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/ba427403ea3d9c65551357c36608eb93/tumblr_mpg0xhzeSi1rso2eyo1_r1_400.jpg

Arcran
2013-12-22, 12:17 AM
Paul understandably freaks out again, scooting away from the damn thing as fast as he can, hand going to Daisy's Pokeball instinctively.

Get back! Get away! he shouts, near tears.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 12:25 AM
The thing stares at you for a moment, before tidying up the spot you were sitting. You notice a small and rusted plaque attached to the tree, with a small picture carved into the tree itself of what may have been this pokemon once, with a handful of flowers in its leaflike arms.
In loving memory of my lifelong partner, Melody. May she enjoy this garden forever.
Once it's properly tidy, the pokemon draws herself out of the ground, and begins tending to the flowers around you, pointing to a nearby stump for you to sit on now that you're off her apparent burial site.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 12:40 AM
Paul moves to the stump slowly, hand still on Daisy's ball. He didn't know what it was, but probably a Ghost? Maybe Grass with the way it was tending plants? Sludge Bomb might be able to drop it, but only if he's lucky.

He sits on the stump without saying anything, just watching the Pokemon.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 12:51 AM
It doesn't seem to pose any danger to you, as it is mostly ignoring you except for an occasional glance to you to see if you're there. It begins to try and hum a tune, only for the sound to come out like the crisp crunching of autumn leaves beneath your shoes, which causes it to look agitated and stop, working in silence until it seems less agitated. Eventually it looks to you, expectantly, and speaks in the same crisp, crackly voice.
"Lil?"
It makes a motion, pointing to it's plaque, then to itself. Then to you.
"Liligant lili ga lil?"

Arcran
2013-12-22, 12:54 AM
Paul looks at it completely confused.

I don't speak Pokemon, he mutters, trying to think of a way to communicate. When it finally occurred to him, he felt like an idiot. He could reach into the minds of Pokemon. How had he forgotten that.

Um, if you'll let me, I can get inside your head. Well, not get inside, but I can see what you're thinking. We might be able to talk that way? Is that alright? he says, still nervous about the ghostly Liligant.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 12:57 AM
The liligant nods. Once you try, you get a clear image of her name, and curiosity to the identity of the one who sat on her grave and the reason he was even there, as well as half memories of people long dead, their touch, the feeling of hugs, of love and the loss that time can inflict on you.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 01:04 AM
Paul sits silently for a moment, trying to orient himself in the flood of memories. He didn't know what he was expecting, but it wasn't this. It takes a little while, but he adjusts.

Hi, I'm Paul, he says simply, unsure what to say to a ghost.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 01:09 AM
The ghost nods and gives a small curtsy, pointing to the name again for herself. The memories get a bit better sorted as you sit in her head. A road-one you were near when you left Eucreteak, you realize, if...very dated looking compared to the road today, and of the distance you had to have fled to find her garden. Curiosity fills her mind as to why you sought such a spot to think, as you were clearly doing when she moved you.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 01:18 AM
Paul starts to go into a lengthy explanation of everything, but stops. There's no point in giving the full tale when only about the last five seconds matter.

Somebody that hurt me badly expected me to do an impossible task for him. I just need someplace to think a long ways away from everything.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 01:22 AM
Curious, the liligant takes a seat nearby, and gestures for you to continue. Loneliness enters your mind, a long time since a human has been near. She is more than willing to sit through a long story.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 01:30 AM
I found this, Egg, I guess. It's still technically an Egg. I found it and took it. Ever since then, I'd had dreams, nightmares, and terrible visions. I'd see things in the middle of the night. Huge green eyes everywhere. Voices in my head. I tried to get rid of the Egg in the ocean, but the ocean spat it right back out. I went to Ecruteak to try and find out what the hell was going on. I find out that it's some god's kid, so I run. I run until I get here.

I don't know what to do. That Egg did nothing but make my life a living hell. I don't want it. But if I don't take it, who will? What if the gods get mad at me? I can't do anything against a god. I want to try to take care of it, I really do. I just don't want more nightmares. That Egg is driving me crazy little by little. I just don't know what to do, he says, not even minding how close the Pokemon is.

Sorry to bother you with all this...

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 01:44 AM
The Liligant gives a small, creaky smile, closing its long empty eyes for a moment. No trouble. Remembers when great birds flew overhead, long ago, when bright light was to the north. Ones you recognize as gods. Remembers a long, sinuous beast, extending into the darkness before she found her way back, its golden face cutting through the void. Another god, perhaps one you know as the god of death, though one not seen in a very long time by her. Maybe no anger for defying them? She seems to be fine despite it...
It looks at your belt, and points to your pokeballs. Remind her of apricorns. She remembers a time as a very small petilil, emerging from an egg to the first human face she had seen, from the care they gave. Her first master. Wonders which one is yours? Wonders if they were from an egg too? Remembers the comfort and safety they made her feel as a young seedling. Remembers nightmares that they'd take away. Wonders to herself if the egg is simply unaware it is sharing its nightmares, for the world is a scary place when you're so young...
Remembers the human growing tall and then withering away over a long while. Decades. Then others, with similar patterns with younger pokemon.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 01:50 AM
Paul starts at the perspective of the Liligant. He lets out Daisy, the only Pokemon that he really considers his right now.

This is Daisy. Daisy, this is Melody. She's nice, he says simply. She wasn't from an Egg, but she's been with me forever.

Do you really think the Egg is doing it on accident? It's not something it's doing to me on purpose?

The last thought was somber and sad, causing Paul to go silent for a second.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 02:17 AM
The wooper is cautious in the face of it's natural predator, the grass type, but Melody merely pats her on the head with a smile as well. As to your questions, she shrugs. Gods and things related to them were always a bit tricky. Maybe?

Reality Glitch
2013-12-22, 02:19 AM
Eli continues down the road heading to Goldenrod, when he begins hearing music off the road.You stop at the sound of music and try to get a fix on what it is and where it is coming from before moving again.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 02:21 AM
Paul nods, unsure what to do still. He'd sleep on it, see how he feels in the morning.

Would you mind if I spent the night here?

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 02:55 AM
Eli, you spot a lady in a kimono wandering through the woods off the beaten path and heading deeper into the woods, strumming on a sitar as a leafeon and a swablu move around her.
(Perception)

The liligant nods, and leads you to a side where you can sleep, and dream. Or, well, you try. Unlike the other nights, though, there are no words, no images. Just a whimpering and mewling that just feels truly pathetic, loneliness pervading the visionless night.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 03:03 AM
Paul wakes up from his dream in a cold sweat. As bad as the nightmares were, knowing that the Egg was panicking was even worse.

Paul tries to find the Liligant, afraid to leave without informing it, especially after the kindness it had done him.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 03:30 AM
You find her still tending to her garden late in the night. She looks at your face, and snips a single flower off and hands it to you, a token of luck from her.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 03:33 AM
Paul nods, glad that the Lilligant understood.

He nods one last thanks, then runs for it, heading towards Ecruteak City, planning on doing what he should have from the start.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 03:50 AM
Melody waves as you run off, before going back to her work. You run through the forest in the night, running as you feel the yearning whimpering in your head, the way seeming clear for you because you're low level and I don't feel mean right now for reasons unknown, but ones you are all the same thankful for. You slip into Eucreteak at night, and come face to face with the gym.
A lone eye watches you from the closed doors, and with a snicker, they open ominously.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 03:54 AM
Paul runs in, going straight for the pedestal where the Egg was. Let that bloated god bastard laugh, he had more important things to do. If he couldn't take care of his child, somebody else would have to.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 04:00 AM
You run in, and the doors slam shut as you pass through a giant, fat ghost that laughs maniacally. You run for the altar, but...where did it go? The mist clings heavily to you, messing with your sense of direction and your vision. The sound of rushing waters surrounds you, and as you try and walk forward, you barely catch yourself as you notice the mists part for just a moment, revealing rapids below, far too fast for even Daisy to swim in without being driven back.
Your challenge of courage begins.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 04:05 AM
Paul lets out Tag, holding him close. He could float and the like, maybe help keep him in case of anything dangerous. He tries to find some way across the rapids that would let him not drown.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 10:40 AM
AMBITION MAP, WILL ADD TO OOC FIRST POST (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnI5j6WFT83RdEJ6UVFPWDVYdDVyTk1vYk1vME5xU Gc#gid=8)

As you cling to Tag, he points to a small path, looking curiously about. Due to the mist, you cannot see far down it.
(Perception to try and make out more from your current starting point)

Arcran
2013-12-22, 12:12 PM
Paul looks around, not wanting to risk the rapids.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 12:27 PM
Paul advances down the path, the mists yielding little. But...what is that scraping ahead?

Arcran
2013-12-22, 12:31 PM
Scraping? Scraping isn't good. Metal scrapes stuff. Scrapes bones. Scrapes bones clean.

More then a little worried, Paul advances forward, holding tight to the Beldum.

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 12:51 PM
You advance forward, coming to a spot where you can either take a leap and cut ahead a bit*, or a longer route. It is impossible to tell which direction the scraping is coming from, though, just that it's getting nearer**.

*Athletics to ensure a good jump, +4 from Tag helping out
**Perception again for you and Tag.

Arcran
2013-12-22, 12:54 PM
Paul doesn't have time to waste; he has to get away from the scraping!

[roll0]

Reality Glitch
2013-12-22, 02:04 PM
Eli, you spot a lady in a kimono wandering through the woods off the beaten path and heading deeper into the woods, strumming on a sitar as a leafeon and a swablu move around her.
(Perception)(( About how far away is she? ))

Eshkigal
2013-12-22, 03:11 PM
(About 20 meters away and moving deeper into the woods, Glitch)

Paul, your choice to jump proves to be a good one, as a thing of metal drops from the ceiling where you were. You look back and...wait, you know that thing. You saw it in a bad horror movie as a kid about scientists trying to make bug types better starting with steel shifting a heracross and it going terribly wrong, when you snuck watching one in without your parents finding out. Back before CGI, when it was all animatronics and men in cheesy suits. So how?
Your answer comes when a red, energetic looking pokemon rises out of it, looking around before spotting you. With a grin, it pops back into the machine, then makes the metal, insectoid monstrosity turns to face you.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/0mJ4-3TLkSU/maxresdefault.jpg
The possessed machine gives a warbling, chittering howl, completely alien sounding and definitely predatory, its claws glinting in its red visorlight.
(Map updates after work today, and the fight proper starts then as well. Paul is faster and Tag slower due to nature of the body, which has three feet of height and two feet of width on Paul)

Arcran
2013-12-23, 01:32 AM
Paul wants to flee, wants to panic. But he doesn't.

It's just a Pokemon battle. A Pokemon battle against a metal monster that wants to eat your brains. No big deal, he says, realizing his internal monologue isn't doing much.

He decides to push aside thinking, focusing instead on what needs to be done. If Tag could distract the monster for a turn, he could get Daisy out. Daisy had Mud Shot; if it was a robot, it was probably Steel, right? A Mud Shot should put a dent in that. Should.

Tag! Hit the big ugly with an Iron Head! he commands, tossing out Daisy right in front of him.

AC: [roll0] AC: 2, Flinch 15+

Reality Glitch
2013-12-23, 01:46 AM
Eh, it's not that that dangerous to go off the trail, especially w/ superpowered lizards by your side. You try to catch up to the woman wonder what she's doing out her.

Eshkigal
2013-12-23, 04:27 AM
The blow connects heavily, and knocks one of the creature's smaller appendages off. In turn, though, the two large arms lash out, and the monster bursts forward, leaping the gap, you, and your mon. Looks like what it lacks in speed, it made up for in raw power.
X scissor Dash move [roll0] 2+def against Tag [roll1]
Good news is it's in the yellow. Bad news is you made it angry and gods damn can it jump.

Eli approaches the lady, who takes little heed of you so far. Perception please.

HotRoute
2013-12-23, 06:41 AM
Oh wow this game got moving again, quick!

"All right Poof, let's wrap this up." At that, the little puffball sends one or two sparks from its wool; even the minor charge-up of power sends loud crackling snaps through the water. "Hey! Hey!" Her owner barks at her. "C'mere!" Dixie, who had made her way onto shore slaps her leg to beckon the pokemon to her side. Once it stands beneath her, she commands, "Now you can blast 'em, silly."

Poofy and Dixie move out of the water to the water's edge.

Poofy uses Thundershock on the Tentacool.

Attack Roll: [roll0] DC= 2. Paralysis on a 17-20.
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Reality Glitch
2013-12-23, 08:30 AM

Arcran
2013-12-23, 11:50 AM
The hit tears into the Beldum, leaving him badly hurt, metal sticking out in painful jets.

Paul freaks out when the monster appears behind him, trying to kill him. He jumps backward, and Daisy steps up to the challenge. It had used X-Scissor, so a Bug Type?

Daisy, Sludge Bomb! he shouts. He'd find out the type in a second.

AC: 2 [roll0]
POISONS HIM HAHAHA

Paul pulls out his Pokedex too, trying to find out what the hell the Pokemon is.

Eshkigal
2013-12-23, 11:53 AM
The last tentacool gets shocked into unconsciousness. Two have been caught, at least.
Oh hey, Morgane's back over there unless she rolled hide and I forgot.
25 experience for the fight

Eli, there is an absolute swarm in the trees above. Kricketunes dot the trees, watching the girl as she plays, possibly picking up the tune. A fearow swoops nearby, until several cut into its wings, causing it to collapse into the trees.

The sludge bomb hits it and melts a good amount of the body, causing it to wheeze and gasp as most of its body collapses. It looks up at you, and laughs eerily.
Haaa...Whinn thiiis roound...worse comes...
With a final ululating yell, the body falls away, leaving a badly hurt rotom that points away. The fog clears, and...oh god, where's the gym? You stand in an area too large for the gym to ever hold it, too bleak and barren to be home. The rotom wheezes and points down the path, barely functional and beginning to lose cohesion.
Yield or finish, no other choices now.
The pokemon disperses in a cloud of electricity.
15 experience for the fight

Reality Glitch
2013-12-23, 12:28 PM
(( Does the Fearrow fall all the way to the ground? ))

Eshkigal
2013-12-23, 12:34 PM
(No, it's getting eaten right now by an impressive number of kricketune. Maybe as vengeance.)

Reality Glitch
2013-12-23, 12:51 PM
Give an alarmed yelp in shock of the horror above and try to save the poor thing w/ a pokeball.

AC6: [roll0]

Arcran
2013-12-23, 01:07 PM
Paul, more then a little unnerved, returns the badly hurt Beldum, apologizing as he does so.

He quickly links into the Wooper's mind then whispers to Daisy.

Don'ttalk. Just let me know if you see something.

More than a little unnerved now, Paul sets off down the path. Where the hell was he?

Esprit15
2013-12-23, 02:54 PM
Cain looks at the ball. Tentacool. Such a common, unloved mon. Yet, they were rather odd, especially compared to other Poison types. In them, they possess the potential to wield weak psychic powers, focused on psychometabolism. If anyone could unlock it, he could. Given time. The ball climbs back into his bag. "Now, let's- Hey look, it's that girl from before."

Eshkigal
2013-12-23, 04:01 PM
(Glitch: Normally, when I have an npc mon brought down so fast, it's a death to prove a point. I'll let it slide this time, though. 20, female, fearow, 1 hp, 6 injuries to both wings so it needs help before it can actually fly again)
The ball absorbs the screaming bird, though the kimono girl keeps playing as the kricketunes look at you with aggravation. However, she does look to you.
"Who watches me as I play? Come, child, come let me see."
That is not a good tone. Very cold. Somewhat regal and elegant, but by no means inviting. Which, looking at her, seems to match her nature quite well.

As Cain looks to Morgane, a krabby makes a move by burrowing up from nearby sand and grabs the last tentacool, before turning to leave.

Paul, meanwhile, wanders the platforms, the rapids below getting stronger as he goes. Looking up for a roof lets him see there isn't one. Just an empty void dotted with the occasional landmass. The part where he finds out that he was walking up a vertical slope was when it truly came home how strange the land you're in truly is, especially with the water following it perfectly.
You catch a glimpse of the fat bastard ghost you ran through entering the gym as you walk. Too far to be...wait, the rapids are actively changing now. The muk? You watch, and they practically follow a rhythm as you come to realize music is coming from the distance, drawing you to it because it's the only actual path given. As you approach, the water begins to wash over platforms ahead when you see them. Two ghosts, one ice white with crystals forming where her limbs, one pink, stirring the waters to new heights, swirl, sway, and spin around each other to a hellishly fast beat, weaving a chaotic dance at the heart of the rapids. During a spin, they spot you, the white one giving a manic grin as sharp icicles grow in her mouth to give it a wicked looking bite and ice forming on a nearby platform, the other giving a scarily happy laugh as water drenches more platforms. Neither stops their dance.

*you think. Perception's gotten...odd, to say the least

Reality Glitch
2013-12-23, 04:27 PM
You catch the ball as falls to the ground and looking at you say, "Don't worry, you're safe." though you have no idea whether you can channel a Pokémon while contained in this manner, or if it can hear you through the ball. You look up at the woman when she speaks to you, "What was going on just now? Why were you mercilessly attacking it?"

wqsaey
2013-12-23, 04:30 PM
Morgane looks back at Cain for a brief moment with disillusioned eyes. Noticing the Krabby making off with the unconscious Tentacool, however, she quickly whispers for Melody to paralyze the crab before it got too far.

Stun Spore (AC11): [roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-12-23, 05:47 PM
(Es said he isn't in the krabby part, so we'll see if route is)

The lady gives a small laugh that has Bobby growling protectively near you and the sandshrew hissing. The kricketunes buzz and shift, some mimicking her song.
"Ah, child! They are wild, my music merely brings them together. What they do is their own business."
Even the air begins to feel cold from her, as the swablu's cloud darkens and the leafeon's green leaves seem to lighten a bit.

Arcran
2013-12-23, 05:59 PM
Paul looks at the two beasts, more than a little worried. Alright. Both probably Ghosts, like this whole damn Gym. He didn't want to have to fight them; that would be a painful experience, to say the least. Both looked far stronger than his Pokemon, and he had not yet trained his team for the day. The only path forward seemed to be through those platforms though...

Paul didn't know what the hell was going on anymore. Was he in a dream? Some awful nightmare? He pinches himself, hard, just to make sure. Ghosts gave people nightmares, right?

HotRoute
2013-12-23, 06:13 PM
"Good work Cain!" She smiles at her battle partner. It was a routine encounter, but he's shown already that he doesn't take much lightly. That'll be valuable if they leave the city together. The pokemon beneath her emits a high-pitched whine. "And of course, you too, Poofy!"

Dixie nestles the pokemon's tight coils when a spray of toxins blasts by. She shields her pokemon's face from the affect, even though the it wouldn't do much use if this was a direct attack against her. Fortunately, the krabby, not Poofy, is the target. "I knew she'd be back!" Dixie winks at Cain.

Reality Glitch
2013-12-23, 06:34 PM
You start to slowly back up, but are genuinely curious, "Do sing your song to attracted them, or that a side effect."

Eshkigal
2013-12-23, 07:32 PM
Group
The poison misses, though it does cause the krabby to yelp. With a freak, rather impressive toss for a crustacean, Morgane is distracted by the tentacool plopping on her head as the krabby books it.

Eli
"Merely side effect. After all-"
She stops playing her stringed instrument as something catches her eye in the woods, the warmth drained from the area. Her swablu's wings resemble winter stormclouds now, her leafeon's covering foliage falling away like leaves from a tree as winter comes. She has a predatory grin growing on her face as she stares.
"It's not every day you see if a myth is true."
(Perception and knowledge occult)

The Distorted
You pinch yourself, and the pain you feel makes you curse out loud. This is real, but how? Daisy prods around your mind before nudging the pocket with the dex in it, the ghoulish ladies still in their dance. She feels confidence.
She also thinks you have a potion you could still use on Tag. You know. Just in case, not that backup would be good or anything.
(Just reminding you it exists, up to you whether to hold on to it or not.)

Arcran
2013-12-23, 08:08 PM
Why was Daisy being the smart one here? Was this part of the strange world? Or was he just that panicked?

He keeps the Potion in his bag for now; with the injuries Tag had sustained, it would do no good to toss him out to fight right now. Instead, he pulls out his Pokedex to scan the two ghostly Pokemon. Maybe he could take the two out?

Reality Glitch
2013-12-23, 08:14 PM
Edu. Occult: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-12-23, 08:48 PM
Eli, you follow her gaze and spot a strange bug type drifting through the woods. It looks similar to a butterfree, but its wings are as clear as ice, and where it touches, a light frost forms. Its light blue eyes look to you both inquisitively.
"Found you. Atmos, sing the Touch of Winter a lullaby, would you?"
The swablu takes off, and sings as it circles the butterfree, whose eyes dim as it rests on the ground.

Paul, seems she has just been around you enough to remember some things. Maybe more an effect of how often you talk. The dex has three readings in it. The first is froslass, the white ghost. Says it needs a stone, so it's possible it evolved young. The second is frillish, a juvenile sea spirit. Tough, but doable.
The third, though, may be your answer. The fat bastard, dusknoir, is known to ferry souls to the lands of the dead-the Pearly Meadows (heaven), the Distortion World (purgatory), or the Void (hell). Normally dead souls, you note, but perhaps that was just the norm?

Reality Glitch
2013-12-23, 08:58 PM
"Is that a vivillion? I thought those only lived Kalos."

Arcran
2013-12-23, 10:51 PM
Paul reads the Pokedex entries in fear. The ice spirit and the sea ghost, he could probably handle. But the Dusknoir, that wasn't going to happen. If it was strong enough to ferry souls, he'd simply have to run. He needed to continue down the path. He'd ferry himself if he had to, but as long as he avoided the Dusknoir he should be alright.

A plan formulates in his head. Ice was weak to Steel, right? Tag should be able to rush in and hit the Froslass hard, perhaps even drop it. He'd have to tank a hit from the Frillish, but if that happened he could attack with Daisy and hold the thing off until Poison took its toll. If either of the two went down, he'd be in trouble. Chase was basically useless against a Ghost. Well, not basically. He couldn't even touch them.

Thinking of things like a Pokemon Battle instead of a life or death contest helps to calm Paul, and soon enough he's ready to put his plan into action.

Paul flings Tag's Pokeball as far as he can, trying to release him as close to the Froslass as possible.

Tag! Iron Head! Take that Ghost down!

Release Tag at O13
O levitates to O17
O uses Iron Head on the Frosslass!

AC: 2 [roll0] Flinch 15+

Eshkigal
2013-12-23, 11:02 PM
For a moment, the ice ghost laughs, her ice teeth opening very wide before she exhales a gust of powdery snow at the charging beldum before twirling. However, Tag being the super computer minded mon he is, saw that coming a mile away and barely manages to slam that ghostly bitch in the face, sending teeth flying and causing her to fly away into the depths. The tempo screeches to a halt, as the frillish stamps the ground in frustration a few times before leaping into the water. A new tempo begins, and the water is churning fiercer than before as the frillish hides under the main island.

Eli, the woman looks back before pulling out a net ball.
"Perhaps, child, perhaps."
She begins approaching as the leafeon paws the ground, and roots begin to secure the bug down.

Arcran
2013-12-24, 01:14 AM
Paul dashes forward, returning Tag to his ball. The Pokemon had done its job, so time to snag it out of there. Daisy follows, trotting at his side.

Paul stops, looking at the swirling maw. He didn't want to send Daisy down there; that could only end badly. The only ranged attacks he had were rather close though, except Sludge Bomb, and he didn't want to waste that getting diffused by the water. However, this was not the time to panic. This was the time to either go big or die. Even if Daisy missed, there would be a large amount of toxins within the water, possibly still poisoning the beast.

Daisy, Sludge Bomb. Try to aim right at the Frillish, and try to time it so it hits at the perfect opportunity, he says, trying to time it out before giving the signal.

When Paul thinks he sees the Frillish close to the surface, he calls out to Daisy, telling her to shoot a Sludge Bomb.

Perception for close to surface: [roll0]
AC: 2 [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
POISON on hit.

wqsaey
2013-12-24, 01:15 AM
I'd like to point out that an average Tentacool is 2'11" and 100.3 lbs, and Morgane is only 4'5" at 67 lbs. So yeah...

Morgane is caught off guard by the sudden hurl and is immediately knocked out into the sand without a bit of grace. Melody starts chirping at an alarming rate for the two humans to come help.

Reality Glitch
2013-12-24, 01:57 AM
You start channeling the frost bug and attempt to approach it showing friendliness and hospitality.

Esprit15
2013-12-24, 02:09 AM
"Whoa! Sarin, lift!" Cain and Sarin work to slide the mon off of the girl. (60 lbs of TK and a not terrible lifting capacity should be more than enough to move a slippery mon off of someone). "And that's," he says with a bit of a grunt, "why you don't interfere with a Pokémon's lunch."