PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Rogue Acrobatics

Atroxunus
2013-10-16, 01:58 PM
I want to build a character using daggers that takes a very performing acrobatics flipping over enemys stabing them i want very high mobility during combat and trap finding is not needed our dm never puts traps in for some reason. So kinda like an assasin that uses stealth but is not mandatory if there is a better way than rogue to do this that would be fine but i really enjoy plaing rogues.

Psyren
2013-10-16, 02:02 PM
If you don't need Trapfinding then the obvious answer is Ninja - their ki powers/ninja tricks make them much stronger in a fight than a Rogue. Acrobatic Master in particular will let you autosucceed on nearly any Acrobatics check.

Failing that there are rogue archetypes that replace trapfinding so you won't need it, like Knife Master and Acrobat.

Atroxunus
2013-10-16, 02:21 PM
I was looking at possibly knifemaster scout but would ninja achieve what i want better?

Psyren
2013-10-16, 03:52 PM
I was looking at possibly knifemaster scout but would ninja achieve what i want better?

I would say yes - Ninjas are far more mobile due to the trick I mentioned as well as other powers they get such as invisibility/mirror image (much easier to move around the battlefield safely so you can flank targets.) They also get Light Steps, letting you run across difficult terrain, caltrops, spikes, webs, even water etc.

One nasty trick for ninja - take the Ifrit race (they have perfect stat bonuses for a ninja too) and drop a smoke bomb at your feet (or use a smokestick.) Take the Firesight feat. Now you have total concealment from everyone but they are still visible to you, and you can attack without losing it - greater invisibility at level 1 that lasts 10 rounds. Combine with reach weapons or ranged weapons (so you stay more than 5ft. away) and let them have it with your sneak attacks. If they get up close to you though you'll lose your advantage.

magotter
2013-10-18, 09:11 AM
As a benny, let's not forget that all Ninja can get Rogue Talents, and all Rogue can get Ninja Talents, so the power difference lies in the rest of the class's abilties. And like Psyren said, Ki is just flat out better, if only so you can also pick up neat monk abilities (stunning fist can be a wonderful SA setup)

Atroxunus
2013-10-18, 01:50 PM
Thank you guys for the help i ended up going shadow dance rogue for a more theme based play.
Character ended up being a dagger fighting rogue with a crippling facination with large weapons and his dead father ghost always following him Since he well killed his father trying to make him proud but his father vowed to haunt him till he was no longer a coward and became the greatest killer in the world.