PDA

View Full Version : Item Creation

Finalsatyr
2013-10-16, 04:51 PM
I have a quick question. I'm making the Ebony Mail (from Skyrim) for one of my characters. obviously it would be Enchanted with silent moves, but I need something that deals like1d4 poison damage a round to enemies with in 5 feet. Is there such an enchantment, and does anyone know the cost? Or if not is the a way to make such an enchant?

holywhippet
2013-10-16, 07:07 PM
I don't think you'll find an exact match since poison in 3rd edition usually does attribute damage, not HP damage.

There are a few things in the magical item compendium that might do: acidic, energy defense & retaliation. These usually require some sort of attack on you though.

You could ask your DM to make a custom enchantment, probably at a +1 cost.

Finalsatyr
2013-10-17, 12:15 AM
Acidic is close, but not quite
It doesn't have to be poison exactly, it could really be anything that deals a small amount of damage as an aura per round, and I could flavor it as poison. Pathfinder is also available, if that helps? I still haven't found anything else.

cbaidchris
2013-10-17, 09:10 AM
I think a refluffed version of Body of the Sun spell from complete divine on an item fits what you need perfectly. level 2 spell that's 1d4 in your adjacent squares. based on the given magic item creation table it would cost 48,000 to add for just the 1d4 since the spell is rounds/level. I think that's quite a bit overpriced so you could hopefully adjust the price to your liking.

cbaidchris
2013-10-17, 09:15 AM
unless you said that a wizard with precocious apprentice crafted it in which case it would cost 16,000 by the table. these are all flat adds. that might be more reasonable probably still a little too high but flat costs are always nice

Deca4531
2013-10-17, 09:19 AM
unless you said that a wizard with precocious apprentice crafted it in which case it would cost 16,000 by the table. these are all flat adds. that might be more reasonable probably still a little too high but flat costs are always nice

What is "precocious apprentice"?

lytokk
2013-10-17, 09:25 AM
a level 1 Wizad feat that gives the wizard a level 2 spell slot. Can only be taken at level 1

*EDIT removed link

Agent 451
2013-10-17, 12:47 PM
dndtools.eu is not the srd.

This is the d20srd (http://www.d20srd.org/)site.

lytokk
2013-10-17, 12:49 PM
right, I was looking on there, but I couldn't find it. I could only find it on dndtools. should I take that link down since its not official? not sure what the forum rules say about it.

Red Fel
2013-10-17, 12:54 PM
As a rule, if you can't find it on an SRD site, you should probably not link to it. For future, simply describing the thing (as you did) is sufficient when a legitimate link is unavailable.

lytokk
2013-10-17, 12:58 PM
k, thanks. Still getting used to the forum rules, I think that's the only one Ive come close to breaking.