PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Dex based Eldritch Knight

4BR4
2013-10-16, 06:14 PM
Hi All, I'd like to receive your suggestions in order to create a PG for our campaign.

We are planning to reach lv.18 and I'll start to create my PG from lv.5.

The allowed books are Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Equipment, Inner Sea World Guide, Inner Sea Magic.

So, my idea is to make a fighter 1/wizard 5/eldritch knight 10/wizard 2 that will rely on dex for wearing no armor, or at least a Silken Ceremonial, and so use the Dervish Dance feat.

As wizard I cannot go for a Diviner or a Necromancer, so I was thinking to go for an Universalist/Arcane Crafter, so at 3rd level I can have Craft Wondrous Item as bonus feat, but other ideas are welcome

Traits will be Magical Knack and Anatomist, but the second can be discussed,l and the race will be Human.

I still don't have roll the abilities, but I think not will be an issue have STR13 out of high DEX and INT.

So, until now my plan is

1.F Improved initiative - Weapon Finesse - Power Attack
2.W
3.W Dervish Dance - Craft Wondrous Item
4.W
5.W Arcane Strike
6.W Heighten Spell
7.EK Combat Relfexes - Combat Casting
8.EK
9.EK Vital Strike
10.EK
11.EK Weapon Focus (Scimitar) - Spell Penetration
12.EK
13.EK. Dazing Spell
14.EK
15.EK Weapon Specialization (Scimitar) - Greater Spell Penetration
16.EK Spell Critical
17.W Quickend Spell
18.W

watchwood
2013-10-16, 06:44 PM
A lot of tips in most Magus Guides may apply to you.

Have you considered playing a Magus instead? It's basically a gish-in-a-can, and does the offensive spellsword/glass cannon thing better then most other classes.

4BR4
2013-10-16, 06:45 PM
Magus is not in the books allowed for this campaign :smallsmile:

GlorinSteampike
2013-10-16, 07:15 PM
For the optimized Gish, Crit fishing. Especially for EK in PF. If you don't need hands free to cast TWF Scimitars Imp Critical and Imp Critical for rays/touch spells if you do work really well with EK's cap stone ability.

I personally like to use a lot of terrain altering effects to make fighting me in melee almost impossible or atleast very annoying. Grease, Icy Terrains, Walls, Caltrop like stuff are a lot of fun, but you risk that Barbarian 2h PA crit a lot more that way.

karkus
2013-10-16, 10:48 PM
If it would really be worth it to you, you could throw in a dash of Arcane Archer, and be bow-based, empowering your arrows with magic and/or spells.

But I can't remember if it turned out to suck or not... :smallconfused:

As in, "Are those levels really worth it, or not?"

4BR4
2013-10-17, 10:45 AM
I just placed more feats, and I realized I'm still missing at least Critical Focus :smallfurious: