PDA

View Full Version : How close can you make a PC look + act like a halloween scarecrow ?

CyberThread
2013-10-16, 09:22 PM
So one of my players would like to roleplay as a scarecrow in our halloween based roleplay coming up, and would like to give them what they want, without overdoing it. They will be made out of straw, so extra damage from fire and the like, but would like to give them benefits that also make it worth it.

13_CBS
2013-10-16, 09:26 PM
So one of my players would like to roleplay as a scarecrow in our halloween based roleplay coming up, and would like to give them what they want, without overdoing it. They will be made out of straw, so extra damage from fire and the like, but would like to give them benefits that also make it worth it.

Actually...would a refluffed Warforged do the trick? I'm not sure about the "extra damage from fire" bit, but some of the mechanical aspects of the Warforged could easily represent what a straw man would be like--Composite Armor might represent the fact that he's made out of pliable yet tough straw, the Warforged immunities make sense (how do you poison a guy made out of straw?), the Warforged Slam attack also makes sense (smack someone with a bundle of dense straw)...

Edit: Also, if there's a Flaw out there that gives you vulnerability to Fire...

Red Fel
2013-10-16, 09:34 PM
Actually...would a refluffed Warforged do the trick? I'm not sure about the "extra damage from fire" bit, but some of the mechanical aspects of the Warforged could easily represent what a straw man would be like--Composite Armor might represent the fact that he's made out of pliable yet tough straw, the Warforged immunities make sense (how do you poison a guy made out of straw?), the Warforged Slam attack also makes sense (smack someone with a bundle of dense straw)...

Edit: Also, if there's a Flaw out there that gives you vulnerability to Fire...

It does sound like you'd be using construct traits - no breathing, eating, or sleeping, some resistance to crits, and so forth. I think the first step would be looking into sources of construct traits. Perhaps a refluffed Warforged, but if there's a better source, go with that.

The Viscount
2013-10-16, 11:28 PM
If you give him ironwood body as a bonus feat and balance by saying he takes some amount more from fire, whatever you feel is appropriate, that will likely get closer.

Red Rubber Band
2013-10-16, 11:42 PM
You could apply the Symbiote template and combine it with a Death Blossom. That'll give it fire (and ice) weakness :smalltongue: