PDA

View Full Version : Rules Clarification: Linking to Kickstarter Projects

Taffimai
2013-10-17, 05:21 AM
Does the forum rule about linking/advertising prohibit linking to a Kickstarter project? If not, is there an appropriate place to do so? I searched the FAQ, but neither "Kickstarter" nor "Link to" yielded a conclusive answer, perhaps it could be added?

I hope this doesn't sound dumb, but I'm not sure which side of commercial/charity kickstarters fall under... on the one hand, you're backing a project, not outright buying stuff, on the other hand, the one I (obviously) would like to share is from a company whose main business is selling things, and they give you fysical rewards for your pledge...

I can see how all playgrounders posting about their pet project would get messy. However, there have been several Kickstarters that I only found out about because they were linked to on a forum (not here), and that I was very happy to participate in. In case it matters, I am in no way affiliated with this company, other than that I'm backing them :smallsmile:

Rawhide
2013-10-17, 05:54 AM
There are general Kickstarter threads in each of the forums which might be relevant to Kickstarter projects. Find one the most relevant one and post about it there.

Taffimai
2013-10-17, 07:05 AM
Thank you, will do!