PDA

View Full Version : Devoted Inquisitor

Jesterface
2013-10-17, 11:23 AM
I'm setting up a game amongst some friends, and aside from a couple of players, most of them aren't as familiar with D&D as myself (not saying I'm the encyclopedia of D&D lore), and as such, I've been helping them with builds and whatnot, suggesting paths to go down later on etc.

Now, one player wants to play an Inquisitor-type character (think 40k moral certainty) and I suggested playing a paladin, as despite the code of conduct, you can pretty much define your own idea of what lawful good behaviour comprises. I then discovered the Shadowbane Inquisitor PrC and suggested it to him, showed him the features etc and he really liked the idea, but then I looked at the multiclassing and how it limits some of the abilities a little, and recalled the Devoted Inquisitor feat. The feat does grant a rather flavourful ability that suits a rogueadin, but I can't help but feel it leaves a little to be desired. Does anyone have suggestions on how to give it a little kick so it seems a little better, especially in comparison to the other "multiclass feats"?

Thanks in advance!

~J

pyrese
2013-10-17, 11:40 AM
You might consider adding to the feat that rogue and paladin levels stack for the purposes of determining smite/day and/or smite damage to put it more in line with the other cross class feats, such as Devoted Tracker.

Jesterface
2013-10-17, 11:45 AM
A very good call, I was considering that.

Also, what are people's thoughts on Sacred Outlaw, which is a feat in the same vein for cleric-rogues, but from Dragon Mag instead of the Completes like the others?