PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Good throwing weapon-based PrCs?

13_CBS
2013-10-17, 07:51 PM
Greetings, Playground!

I'm building for myself a Captain America build (unarmed strike + shield melee/throwing build), using levels of Fighter, Warblade, and Bloodstorm Blade, but I'm trying to see if there's one more Prestige Class that could give this build more cool things to do. I've taken a look at the Master Thrower, but alas it's too Feat intensive and a lot of the thrown weapon tricks are Dex based (which would make me pretty MAD).

So...are there any other good throwing-weapon based PrCs in 3.5? I just need a Prestige Class, I already have the bulk of the build in mind.

Edit: While we're talking about shields...could someone cite me where on the SRD it says that you can enchant a Shield and its spikes separately?

Amphetryon
2013-10-17, 08:17 PM
You might start here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102066), including the links in that other thread.

13_CBS
2013-10-18, 07:32 PM
You might start here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102066), including the links in that other thread.

Hmm, though that link was handy, it wasn't quite what I was looking for: I'm interested in PrCs that boost throwing weapons in case there's another PrC I want to add to the usual Fighter/Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade shtick.

Irk
2013-10-18, 07:37 PM
master thrower?

13_CBS
2013-10-18, 07:40 PM
Greetings, Playground!

I'm building for myself a Captain America build (unarmed strike + shield melee/throwing build), using levels of Fighter, Warblade, and Bloodstorm Blade, but I'm trying to see if there's one more Prestige Class that could give this build more cool things to do. I've taken a look at the Master Thrower, but alas it's too Feat intensive and a lot of the thrown weapon tricks are Dex based (which would make me pretty MAD).

So...are there any other good throwing-weapon based PrCs in 3.5? I just need a Prestige Class, I already have the bulk of the build in mind.

Edit: While we're talking about shields...could someone cite me where on the SRD it says that you can enchant a Shield and its spikes separately?

Alas, it would make me too MAD...

Red Fel
2013-10-18, 07:52 PM
Have you looked at the Hulking Hurler from Complete Warrior? It's only three levels, and is pretty much just about throwing. It does require Large size or larger, and I don't know how much it helps you, apart from letting you really throw anything, and catch weapons, and perform special tricks with your throws.

13_CBS
2013-10-18, 09:01 PM
Have you looked at the Hulking Hurler from Complete Warrior? It's only three levels, and is pretty much just about throwing. It does require Large size or larger, and I don't know how much it helps you, apart from letting you really throw anything, and catch weapons, and perform special tricks with your throws.

The problem is that I have no way of making myself permanently Large--none that I know of, anyway--and I don't feel like being Large fits the Captain America image that well.