PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Spells to remove from lowmagic e10

ddude987
2013-10-18, 12:17 AM
Hello everyone!
I am developing a campaign setting (see signature) and I want to ban some spells. The campaign is e8, possibly e10, which already limits the broken spells. The setting in regards to mortals is low magic, though the world itself has some supernatural elements to them. So far I have banned as follows:

Teleport
Alter Self, Polymorph etc
Conjuration(summoning) and Conjuration(calling)
any resurrection spell

Now I am not worried about the power level of magic users, I just want to see if the playground has any other ideas for bans. Things like glitterdust or haste are, in my opinion, the cap of power I want spells to be. The summoning spells, polymorph spells, and resurretion spells are banned because of A. power level and B. not in flavor.

tl;dr what level 4 and lower spells would you ban?

Lord Vukodlak
2013-10-18, 12:24 AM
Rope Trick, its far to convenient a resting place, I'm planning out an Pathfinder E6 campaign and that spell's been removed from the field. Really it should be a 4th or 5th level spell as its certainly superior to Tiny Hut.

Does Teleport also include Dimension Door, Plane**** and Tree Stride? Those can be used for quick travel as can the fourth level spell air walk.

While Conjuration(calling) has some real abuse potential, I don't really see the issue with summon monster.

ddude987
2013-10-18, 08:13 AM
Rope trick is a good idea to ban thanks. I haven't fully decided but I think just teleport is going to be banned in terms of travel spells though I may reconsider. The summon monster spells aren't to powerful, they wouldn't function in the planar setup I have so I am removing them.