PDA

View Full Version : (3P) Preparations are Esential (Against a Demilich)

Souhiro
2013-10-18, 06:06 AM
It's exactly whait it says on the tin: We have to fight a Demilich. We know (IC and OOC) that the demilich most feared abilies are the Trap the Soul, Wail of the Banshee and Curse.

For Trap the Soul, our nice cleric will cast Deathward on each of us (+5 to save, plus 5 from our cloaks of resistance. and it also will us protects from level drain) Yes, a botched save would kill us, but it's the best we have

For the curse... well, we had something very nice: A scroll of wish: "I wish that any curse that <the demilich> would lay upon us would backfire to him"
It leaves the Wail of the Banshee. We have an arcane archer with high Use Magical Device skill, so he planed to use the "Imbue Arrow" with a "Zone of Silence" reduced to 0,5 foot radius and casted from a scroll (ZoS is a Bard Spell, the Archer is a Wizard) Since it's has a diameter of just one foot, the Demilich would need to be almost in contact with the intended victim in order for Wail of Banshee to work. Maybe he can hurt us, but he only would hurt ONE (and he would take an AoO, due having to get too close (The same square than the victim) thus getting through an threatened square.

I think that it has most covered... but the question is: Having the Demilich inside the zone of silence would make him immune to Shatter Spell? RAW, the ones outside the Zone of Silence cannot hear what is inside, but the ones inside can hear what's happening outside, thus being vulnerable to Shatter, a Sonic spell.

Also, can you find some bugs in the plan?

=Sorry for my awful grammar, yo hablo espaņol=

Starmage21
2013-10-18, 07:13 AM
If your wizard cannot kill the demilich in a single round with 2 metamagic'd to hell and back Shatter spells, you're probably doing it wrong.

The only time he couldnt do this, is if your group was below 21st level.

Shatter = 2nd level spell that does 10d6 damage. Maximize + Empower = 60+5d6. Does 1/2 damage against demilich.

If you've got any kind of metamagic cost reducers, you can get off a second one that is Maximized, Empowered, and Quickened.

If you've got epic feats, you can take multi-spell and get more quickened spells out the gate.

This does not even consider epic bludgeoning weapons that would do crazy HP damage to him either.