PDA

View Full Version : Continuous loading

Silver Swift
2013-10-18, 07:44 AM
I have a really bizarre bug, whenever I open the forums in Firefox the little loading icon on the tab (the green spinning thing) doesn't go away. The site loads properly and I haven't found anything else that doesn't work, it just never stops loading.

It isn't really a problem, but I was curious if anyone else had this and what causes it. It happens only on giantitp.com and only in Firefox (also tested in Chrome and IE).

Zherog
2013-10-18, 08:30 AM
What OS and what version of Firefox? I use FF at home and haven't experienced this issue...

Keris
2013-10-18, 08:40 AM
Does it happen on all pages, or just some? It might be some hotlinked image that's failing to load, rather than something from this site.

And have you tried clearing your cache?

Silver Swift
2013-10-18, 08:41 AM
Windows 7, firefox 24.0 with a number of plug ins:

Flagfox
Ghostery
Adblock plus (disabled on GitP)
Greasemonkey (no scripts running)
Firegestures
IE tab 2

I tried disabling ghostery (as one of ghostery or adblock is usually the culprit when something goes wrong) but that didn't change anything.

Edit:
Does it happen on all pages, or just some? It might be some hotlinked image that's failing to load, rather than something from this site.

And have you tried clearing your cache?

It happened on all pages, but clearing my cache seems to have solved it, thanks!

Rockphed
2013-10-19, 06:56 PM
It happened on all pages, but clearing my cache seems to have solved it, thanks!

It is amazing how many of the problems in B&S issues get resolved with a cache clearance. It borders on depressing really.