PDA

View Full Version : Glassteel

dhusarra
2013-10-18, 08:10 AM
Hello i want to ask you can the glassteel dissolves from the elder black pudding acid? it considered metal when you put it in the shield or weapon?

herrhauptmann
2013-10-18, 01:33 PM
What book is glassteel in again?

Off the top of my head:
It creates armor/weapons functionally identical to steel right?
But is it immune to anything that steel is immune to? Like Heat Metal? What about Rusting Grasp?

Blackjackg
2013-10-18, 01:46 PM
Glassteel is a 1e spell that as far as I can tell has never been officially updated to 3.5. You might be thinking of this homebrew version (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Glassteel_%283.5e_Spell%29).

Either way, I would say that glass affected by Glassteel would, by Rules-As-Intended, be immune to black pudding acid. The spell states that it makes glass as strong as steel, but doesn't state that it becomes steel.

Gavinfoxx
2013-10-18, 01:52 PM
it is in both 3.0 and 3.5 I'm afb though.

gomipile
2013-10-18, 02:02 PM
Glasssteel is in Race of Faerūn p.158. I don't see anything in its rules text which says if it is or isn't treated as metal for effects that affect metal.

dhusarra
2013-10-18, 02:42 PM
It is said that is made of from materials but not from something metal.and if this is so good then all they have glassteel weapons and armors...

Zancloufer
2013-10-18, 03:05 PM
The fluff seemed to imply it was Glass, but had the durability of steel, while still being glass.

So from a Mechanical standpoint I woudl think it be rust proof like glass, but have the same hardness/durability/damage as an equivalent steel one.

Eladrinblade
2013-10-18, 05:13 PM
Glassteel is as hard as adamantine and as light as mithril. It "requires extensive knowledge of both metallurgy and glassblowing to create". It "combines strength beyond steel with the transparency of glass". There is no other mention of it being considered metal, glass, or anything else - I'd treat it as a unique material.

gomipile
2013-10-18, 07:36 PM
If I were DM, I'd rule that it is not metal, therefore immune to rust and heat metal effects.