PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Deepwood Sniper

Bakuiel
2013-10-18, 10:39 AM
I have been looking over this prestige class for a long time, and I've been seraching for a ranger archtype in pathfinder that does it justice, I couldn't find it so I am trying to create my own. Would love some feedback.

To start off I know a lot of power comes from spells but I really wanted to do him spell less.

First level lose Wild Empathy and gain Hawkeye at first level from the fighter archer archtype.

Third level lose endurance and gain Keen Arrows from the PrcClass.

Fourth level no spells, gain safe poisen use.

Seventh level no 2nd spells, gain Magic Weapon from the PrcClass.

Ninth level no evasion, gain Projectile Improved Critical from the PrcClass

Tenth Level no 3rd Spells, gain take aim +4 skip +2 since its not that powerful.

Thirteenth Level no 4th Spells, gain true strike from the PrcClass.

Sixteeth Level no Improved Evasion, gain the upgraded Improved Critical from the PrcClass.

I didn't add consistant aim since I couldn't figure out what to give up for it and concealment reductions because I figured Improved Precise shot could be taken as a bonus feat.

Amnoriath
2013-10-18, 12:31 PM
I have been looking over this prestige class for a long time, and I've been seraching for a ranger archtype in pathfinder that does it justice, I couldn't find it so I am trying to create my own. Would love some feedback.

To start off I know a lot of power comes from spells but I really wanted to do him spell less.

First level lose Wild Empathy and gain Hawkeye at first level from the fighter archer archtype.

Third level lose endurance and gain Keen Arrows from the PrcClass.

Fourth level no spells, gain safe poisen use.

Seventh level no 2nd spells, gain Magic Weapon from the PrcClass.

Ninth level no evasion, gain Projectile Improved Critical from the PrcClass

Tenth Level no 3rd Spells, gain take aim +4 skip +2 since its not that powerful.

Thirteenth Level no 4th Spells, gain true strike from the PrcClass.

Sixteeth Level no Improved Evasion, gain the upgraded Improved Critical from the PrcClass.

I didn't add consistant aim since I couldn't figure out what to give up for it and concealment reductions because I figured Improved Precise shot could be taken as a bonus feat.
You can't really take out a full level spells without decreasing the progression so maybe instead lose a 3rd and 4th level known. I think losing the animal companion would make more sense then the evasion features.

Bakuiel
2013-10-19, 09:31 PM
I was thinking that a sniper who is hiding and shooting wouldn't be as good at evasion.

The spells are suppose to be completely gone and to compenstate you get four abilities, one each time you should have gained a new spell level.

Amnoriath
2013-10-19, 10:34 PM
I was thinking that a sniper who is hiding and shooting wouldn't be as good at evasion.

The spells are suppose to be completely gone and to compenstate you get four abilities, one each time you should have gained a new spell level.

1. Snipers are dexterous and nimble, just because they take time to hide and strike doesn't mean they don't dodge things.
2. You do realize that is 14 spells right? You are only replacing it with only four abilities one of them you had ten levels ago and once a day the other is way too situational or takes up way too much time to be worth it. The other you are already buying a magic bow. Not only functionally are these abilities worse you aren't even coming close to replacing the full number lost.
The Deepwood Sniper in and of itself was a questionable choice but you don't even allow for eclectic choice from it not being a PrC here. You need to pump in a lot more damage since you gave up on spells. The Skirmisher actually does a decent job in giving up spells for hunter's tricks.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/skirmisher