PDA

View Full Version : The More (followers) The Merrier

tooley1chris
2013-10-18, 04:57 PM
Is there a way to gain more followers than/including the Leadership feat?
How does one become King of an army?

Flickerdart
2013-10-18, 04:59 PM
An army is not a kingdom, and not led by a king.

Well, a king might be leading the army, but that's because he is also the commander in chief.

tooley1chris
2013-10-18, 05:09 PM
An army is not a kingdom, and not led by a king.

Well, a king might be leading the army, but that's because he is also the commander in chief.
"Great warrior! Heh, war not make one great."

ThanK's for that...clarification... but it answers my query how?:smallbiggrin:

Clistenes
2013-10-18, 05:57 PM
Leadership feat.
Improved Cohort feat.
Guild Master feat (second cohort).
Mentor feat.
Dragon Cohort feat.
Animal Cohort feat.
Dragon Steed feat.
Class Champion feat (two more followers of the highest level, +1 to leadership).
Extra Followers feat (double the number of followers)
Assambly of the Horde feat (gain another bunch of 1st level followers, +1 to Leadership).
Fanatic Devotion feat (+1 to Leadership, your Leaderhip rank doesn't get reduced when you get followers killed).
Rulership feat (+4 to leadership, you rule an organization).
Epic Leadership feat.

tooley1chris
2013-10-18, 06:11 PM
My hero! Thank you so much!!!

Fax Celestis
2013-10-18, 07:11 PM
Don't forget Might Makes Right, to add your STR mod to your Leadership score (which can get pretty patently ridiculous with the right buffs).

Studoku
2013-10-18, 08:41 PM
Cohorts with leadership. It's how feudalism worked.

*Flees from a swarm of history majors.

Diovid
2013-10-19, 07:58 AM
Go with a build similar to Desert Half-Orc Barbarian 1 / Half-Orc Paragon 2 / Warchief 3 / Orc Warlord 3 / Legendary Captain 5 / Warchief +6.

Take the feats Clistenes mentioned.

tooley1chris
2013-10-20, 10:22 AM
Cohorts with leadership feat??? *Rubs hands together evilly *

Diovid
2013-10-20, 02:47 PM
I meant Legendary Leader, not Legendary Captain. My bad.

Silva Stormrage
2013-10-20, 02:48 PM
Don't forget undead leadership. It essentially doubles the amount of followers. Also I believe their is a hat (Admiral's Bicorne I think) in Stormwrack which gives +5 leadership among other things.

Emperor Tippy
2013-10-20, 03:01 PM
Simulacrum and Ice Assassin on high level targets that are hit with a Psychic Reformation to give them the Leadership feat.

You can get a very large army under your command using that method.

Although I found the BBEG that made Ice Assassins of a 10th level Thrallhead. IIRC he had a few hundred or so of those Ice Assassin's.

Clistenes
2013-10-20, 03:20 PM
Simulacrum and Ice Assassin on high level targets that are hit with a Psychic Reformation to give them the Leadership feat.

You can get a very large army under your command using that method.

Although I found the BBEG that made Ice Assassins of a 10th level Thrallhead. IIRC he had a few hundred or so of those Ice Assassin's.

Mmm...could you use Psychic Reformation to give class levels to an Awakened Animal or Incarnated Construct? They wouldn't be under your control, but you could use the Leadership feat to make them into powerful cohorts.

What about a Simulacrum of a fiend? Could you use Psychic Reformation to replace its Outsider levels for Class levels?