View Full Version : Templar of Roland [WIP]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-19, 01:53 AM
Templar of Roland

Pre-requisites:
Alignment: Lawful Good
Skills: Command (Int or Cha) 5, Profession(Merchant) (Wis) 5
Feats: Bind Vestige (Roland), Nimbus of Light
Spellcasting: No spellcasting except Paladin Spells.
Worship: Must worship Sophia or Eril
Special: No levels in any binder class. Cannot be Undead or Deathless or possess the Outsider subtype.

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Templar of Roland
Abilities: Wisdom is primary in order to bind Roland accurately. Charisma is also important to advance class abilities.
Strength, Dexterity and Constitution are also all important as a front-line melee character.

Hit Die: 1D10

Class Skills
The class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are...

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2| Relationship with Roland, Divine Guidance
2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3| Holy Rage, Obscure Personal Truename
3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3| Mettle
4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4| Rapid Pact Making, Wrath Domain
5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4| DR 5/Evil
6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+5| Improved Holy Rage
7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+5| Improved Mettle, Purification Domain
8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+6| Truename Backlash
9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+6| Tireless Holy Rage, Inquisition Domain
10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+7| DR 10/Evil & Magic, Cleanse the Flesh
[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Templar of Roland.

Weapon and Armor proficiencies
Templar of Roland gains proficiency in Bastard Swords.

Relationship with Roland
If you successfully bind Roland you manifest all of the benefits as a Binder would. You may never bind another Vestige or you lose all of the class abilities for Templar of Roland until you atone. In addition you must remain Lawful and Good and in good standing with Sophia or lose the class abilities for Templar of Roland until you regaining Lawful Good alignment and a good standing with Sophia. Your Binder level is equal to your levels in Templar of Roland. You may not gain any levels of another class until you have completed this prestige class to level 10.

Divine Guidance
Your levels in Templar of Roland stack with Paladin levels for determining your Smite Evil, Turn Undead, Remove Disease and Spellcasting (if you could cast before entering this class only). If you had no levels in Paladin then you count as a Paladin of your level -1 (min 0) for those abilities (except the spellcasting). If you had Turn undead that was not from Paladin levels before entering this class then this add your levels in Templar of Roland-4 to determine Turn Undead Abilities.

Holy Rage
<weaker barbarian rage that also makes attacks good aligned and deals extra damage to undead, stacks with barbarian rage for daily use.>

Obscure Personal Truename
Gain Obscure Personal Truename as a bonus feat. If you already have it you may chose any other True Name feat you qualify for.

Mettle
<as normal mettle>

Wrath Domain
You gain the granted power of the Wrath Domain. If you are a Paladin and can cast spells you may cast from the Wrath Domain in addition to your normal spells.

Rapid Pact Making
Gain Rapid Pact Making as a bonus feat. If you already have it you may chose any other pact making feat you qualify for.

DR 5/Evil
At level 5 your devotion grants you DR 5/EVIL.
If you have Roland bound then add 2 DR to this (DR 7/EVIL). This replaces your DR from binding Roland.

Improved Holy Rage
<improved bonuses from Holy Rage, less penalties>

Improved Mettle
<as normal improved mettle>

Purification Domain
You gain the granted power of the Purification Domain. If you are a Paladin and can cast spells you may cast from the Purification Domain in addition to your normal spells.

Truename Backlash
Gain Truename Backlash as a bonus feat. If you already have it you may chose any other True Name feat you qualify for.

Tireless Holy Rage
You are no longer fatigued after your Holy Rage ends.

Inquisition Domain
You gain the granted power of the Inquisition Domain. If you are a Paladin and can cast spells you may cast from the Inquisition Domain in addition to your normal spells.

DR 10/Evil and Magic
At level 10 your DR increases to DR 10/Evil and Magic
If you have Roland bound then add 5 DR to this (DR 15/EVIL & MAGIC). This replaces your DR from binding Roland.

Cleanse the Flesh
Once per day you may kneel in mediation for a single combat round. If you are not struck or pass a concentration check (DC10+damage taken) then you may activate Cleanse the Flesh. All undead are turned as if you were your HD+5 levels in Cleric for twice the normal radius. Fleeing undead suffer 2D6+Charisma Bonus Holy GOOD damage.

DawnRaven
2013-10-19, 11:45 PM
You should give him some sort of progression for paladin casting, like 1/2 levels, or possibly weak casting with a limited list of utility/undead detection spells. Can't believe that bastard gets his own prestige, haha. Too awesome.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-20, 12:10 AM
His first level class ability does progress Paladin abilities. :smallsmile:

Yeah Roland turned out to be pretty badass. lol.
:smallcool:

Chilingsworth
2013-10-22, 12:37 AM
Yeah Roland turned out to be pretty badass. lol.
:smallcool:

Yeah, Sophia did Aril a HUGE favor by banishing him.

DracoDei
2013-10-22, 02:39 AM
A link to the Roland vestige would be good.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 03:03 AM
I think chilling and Erik were working on that.

Xerlith
2013-10-22, 04:33 PM
I think you should give the class the Blackguard casting (with paladin spells) instead of letting it progress the Paladin's casting.

And you could make the Caster level the sum of your Templar and Paladin levels.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 06:29 PM
I think you should give the class the Blackguard casting (with paladin spells) instead of letting it progress the Paladin's casting.

And you could make the Caster level the sum of your Templar and Paladin levels.

That might work better yeah.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-22, 06:38 PM
I think chilling and Erik were working on that.

I'm afraid I don't really know how to build vestiges properly. I gave a stab at a starting design. Also, I can't seem to find the suggestions Erik and I posted. :smallconfused:

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 06:49 PM
Should be either in the GM or Gods OOC threads.

enderlord99
2013-11-03, 06:42 PM
When are you going to make a Templar of Rawhide?

ShadowFireLance
2013-11-03, 08:10 PM
When are you going to make a Templar of Rawhide?

That was quite literally the 2nd thought out of my brain.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-27, 10:49 PM
Updated to allow followers of Eril to also join.