PDA

View Full Version : Monk going into oozemaster ?

CyberThread
2013-10-19, 10:27 AM
So I had the idea of a sacred fist or arcane fist archtype build, that rolled into oozemaster later in the lifespan of the build.

I am curious on what folks think, am meshing a monk like gish, into the oozemaster build type, and going up from that point ?

Monk/magic class/adjur champion /oozemaster

or likewise

monk/cleric/sacred fist/ oozemaster

Any build really, just giving you an idea

PRC info http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD3e:Oozemaster

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d8
Requirements
Feats: Great Fortitude
Skills: Alchemy 4 Ranks, Swim 4 Ranks
Spellcasting: Ability to cast 3rd-level arcane or divine spells.

CyberThread
2013-10-19, 01:59 PM
err something I guess I should ask, is that a valid okay link to post? Is oozemaster part of the 3e srd?

Grayson01
2013-10-19, 03:06 PM
It is extreamly MAD but if you are using Roll Stats and can swing it Favored Soul and monk to PrC into SF is one of my Favorites. Get a Deity with Unarmed Strike as Favored weapon, and then you will have perfect saves from both FS and Monk. Spell list is small but you can pretty well pick them. CLeric has a lot more utility and such but I enjoy the flavor.

JusticeZero
2013-10-19, 03:11 PM
Heh. Yeah, i've always tilted my head a bit at the Oozemaster. Wish they'd do it as an Iron Chef sometime, because I just don't quite know how it would be leveraged, but the idea has potential for some odd concepts.

CyberThread
2013-10-19, 04:29 PM
Right now am really am considering a sort of heavy build focused on unarmed attacks, taking a unarmed swordsage trigger into a magical class dip, then follow up with the usual PRC's until you get to third level casting, and then wrap it all up in oozemaster.

I think the huge focus on this is thinking of it as a melee focused gish, rather then a magic person who makes melee attacks.

I will be making a full blown 1-20 build when I get home tonight.

CyberThread
2013-10-20, 11:39 AM
well I give up, I tried but nothign really stacks

Tvtyrant
2013-10-20, 12:16 PM
What in the name of Demogorgon is "stunning damage?" Because if it is actually an auto-stun condition, I would suggest getting inhuman reach and the other vile feat that grants reach and simply poke people at pike length with your stunning finger.

Last Laugh
2013-10-20, 12:20 PM
Check out the Ascetic feats from Complete Adventerer which allow you to advance some monk abilities while taking other classes, and sometimes altering the stats you need (charisma->ac instead of wisdom for example)

I've been away from books for a while now, but it looks like sacking Cha is the best option. You will probably have better luck as a cleric/divine caster, aim for divine power (I think, the 4th level spell which sets BAB=HD) and use extra turning to get your turns instead of charisma.

XmonkTad
2013-10-20, 06:59 PM
I'm gonna say that ninja would be better than monk. Swift action invisibility will make it possible to use that full round "oozy touch" and going stealthy will make good use of malleable form. Finally "one with the ooze" lets you ignore sneak attacks and the like from other sneaky characters.
You can stack monk and ninja levels with "ascetic stalked" from complete scoundrel.

CyberThread
2013-10-20, 07:18 PM
and how many levels of ninja will I need to have 3rd level casting <-<