PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Witch item help

Xunthrae
2013-10-19, 10:47 AM
My level 9 witch just came into roughly 16k gold to spend and I'm not quite sure what to get. He is the battle field controller of the group composed of a Priest, Sorc, Druid and Rogue. I have a Corset of Dire Witchcraft already and a +2 int headband. Suggestions would be great!

Edit: oh! i forgot to add, i just picked up Improved Familiar and I'm not sure what to get. I was looking at the Raktavarna, but also the Dweomer Cub. My witches Alignment is NE.

Keneth
2013-10-19, 01:21 PM
Upgrade your Int headband to +4 so you get extra spells and +1 to DCs of your abilities (which you need). As a CC witch that's your first priority. I guess the second priority would be metamagic rods and any consumable items that let you stack up on situational spells or spells that don't need a high caster level. Items with daily charges and items that recover your spells (like pearls of power) are also a good choice.

If you can craft any of the items, do it. Save half the money for other stuff. If you can use downtime rules, use them to gain magic points, and craft items for a quarter of their market price.

As for the familiar, not taking one that can manipulate items (wands, scrolls, sex toys, etc.) is a waste of your feat. Imps, quasits, brownies, mephits, dragons, and ratlings are your best bets, more or less in that order. Dragons only if your GM allows you to take wyrmling dragons as familiars, of course, since the three lesser dragons won't work on account of alignment mismatch.