PDA

View Full Version : Question about template Monsters

Falconsflight
2007-01-03, 06:02 AM
some monster templates state that they do not gain any special attacks of the base creature. Does this include a monk's stunning fist attacks? If so, does this also mean you lose anything that uses a stunning fist attempt, I.e. Fiery Fist, iron fists, etc.? What about Flurry?

Ambrogino
2007-01-03, 06:11 AM
Human's don't get stunning fist - Monk's do, therefore it's not a special attack of the base creature, it's a special attack of the creatures class levels. Flurry is also not a Human ability, but a class one.

Falconsflight
2007-01-03, 06:20 AM
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thomas
2007-01-03, 07:05 AM
What template says this? The only ones in the MM I can think of right away are skeleton and zombie, and a monk turned into a skeleton or zombie certainly would lose all class abilities, just like any other character.

NullAshton
2007-01-03, 08:14 AM
In the case of a skeleton and zombie, they lose all class levels/hitdice from class levels. I quote, "Drop any Hit Dice gained from class levels..."

And the base creature technically has no special attacks in the first place if you're talking about a human monk. Humans as far as I know have no special attacks, it's the class that gets the special attacks?