PDA

View Full Version : [PF] So I've build a druid!

Mr.MeowMeowmers
2013-10-19, 02:05 PM
Hey hey hey lads of the playgrounds!

So! I've finished my druid so far for the starting campaign of tomorrow.

It's an oread druid with an ape as animal companion. We start at level 5!
GM told us that we'll start as survivors of a wrecked ship, so no equipment.

Stats so far with racial bonuses and such. (I didn't roll too good though)

Str: 18
Dex: 14
Const: 16
Wisdom:16
Int:9
Cha:8

Feats:
Power attack
Cleave
Natural spellcasting.

I want to focus on melee combat in wildshape as far as possible.

Any ideas how to improve?

Thanks already!

Cheers.

icefractal
2013-10-19, 03:00 PM
I would drop Cleave. In most wildshape forms, you won't be using a two-handed weapon, and your offense will be a large number of attacks instead of a few big ones, so less useful to for Cleave.

Instead, Multiattack would be a good feat. Ask the GM if you can have it during wildshape only since at that time you have the prerequisites. If not, there are races with natural attacks (weak ones) that would qualify.

Squirrel_Dude
2013-10-19, 03:06 PM
1. You don't qualify for Power Attack at level 1 because you don't have BAB +1 as a Druid.
2. Cleave isn't every good for anything, so I would recommend trading it for something else.

My personal recommendation would be to take Spell Focus (Conjuration), and at level 7 take Augment Summoning. But that's my style, and there might be better options for you. It just isn't cleave.

magotter
2013-10-19, 08:49 PM
On the given that you'll be hurting for gear, might I recommend the ever-so-popular one or two level dip into monk to start things off? It hurts your casting prowess, but Wis-to-AC is good if it's your best score. Master of Many styles with Crane Style and Crane Wing means an extra +3 to Dodge bonus to AC (+4 if you have at least 3 ranks in Acrobatics). Even if you're focusing on a caster-y route, the bonus Ac never hurts, nor does the +2 to all saves.

And while I'm not usually a fan of Shaman archetypes, Eagle shaman might be a good benefit in this situation. At Druid level 2 you can get either Flight or 3 natural attacks (in case you wind up in melee). You'll still end up with Wildshape at the start of game too. Note that when you hit Druid 6 your non-bird Wildshape forms won't progress, but any Bird Form will be effectively Druid 8.

All the same, if you take the Shaping Focus feat you're back at normal levels for all kinds of wildshape (actually, enough that WS-Level will be equal to Character level, overcoming the monk dip).