PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Memory Loss Is Hell...

Elaraiah
2013-10-20, 02:37 AM
This will be the official thread for my campaign. I will repost the introduction down below; in your first post, please describe your character based on what others would see (we're not looking for life stories yet) in addition to whatever actions your character would like to take. You all have basic undergarments or a simple set of commoner's clothes, your choice. Once everyone has posted their character description, we can continue. Feel free to roleplay in the meantime.

It’s an odd feeling, the loss of one’s memories; knowing that there was a life previous lived, deeds previously done. You remember your names and talents; your childhood and lifelong aspirations. The last few years, however, all blur together into an unsortable jumble of people, places and objects. As it stands, you can remember only two things clearly: a bright flash of searing flame, and a small onyx key. Nothing more.

Once your eyes adjust to the low light, you steal a glimpse at your surroundings. Jagged, red rock sprouts up from desolate plains to form steep cliffs and razor-sharp ridges. The sky above you is dark with thick black clouds, and arcs of purple lightning occasionally jump between them. The air in this place is hot and humid, almost strangling, and there is a ferrous hint to its taste, like rust or blood. You suddenly become aware of a gentle rocking sensation, and upon sitting up, realize you are in a longboat of some sort. Several other passengers, previously unnoticed, also begin to stir and straighten. The only prominent person on the small craft is a black-cloaked figure standing near the bow, slowly pushing the boat along in a somewhat rigid, repetitive motion with a long pole.

Arillius
2013-10-20, 03:21 AM
'Damn. What a night. Whatever the hell I drank, I need to get the name for it.' Arthur's first thoughts were not of the hellish landscape, the dark, ominous clouds, or even the choking feeling of the hot air that suffused his lungs and filled the place. Mostly because he didn't notice any of the former and the last seemed to mix quite well with this swaying feeling to make him think he was extremely hung over. He blinks, his eyes bleary and his vision unfocused for several seconds. A hand reaches up to scratch his chin irritably and he realizes something. He has a beard. 'What the hell? I shaved a couple days ago. How long was I out?' He reaches behind his head to confirm that his hair only stopped at the back of his neck and was surprised to find it hanging down past his shoulders. 'Man, I must look a mess. Aria's going to kill me when she...'

It is now, as the mans eyes focus and his mind slowly begins to awaken from whatever slumber that had stolen over it, that he realizes where he is. Or rather, where he is not. As his cold steel grey eyes, the sharpness typically in them dulled by this throbbing headache and a pain burning in his chest from the heated air, sweep over the steep cliffs, dark clouds and purple lightning; Arthurs mind tries to put some pieces together. He finds he is missing a few. Or a lot, in fact. The human was taller then average, and though it was hard to tell a keen eye could see that he was about six foot and two inches. He was lean as well, what muscle he had hard and whipcord. They were not the muscles of a body builder or the muscles of a warrior, at least not of any kind most people run into with swords and such. He had a lot of stubble, as if he had failed to shave for weeks, and it along with his longer then usual black hair was an interest compliment to his tanned skin.

"Where... the hell... am I?" He blinks, and for a brief moment a flash of light fills his vision, a memory. A key, black as onyx. He glances around quickly, almost rocking the boat. But despite his grogginess his balance is not lost and almost instinctively he finds purchase on the small craft. His eyes, naturally, fall on the one rowing first. "Hey, guy." Arthurs voice was hoarse, deep even for one of his height, and just a tad raspy. But it was raspier then normal, as if he hadn't used it for weeks. The heat wasn't helping either. "Captain or whatever. Where are we? Did I just get press ganged?"

Arthur's eyes fall on the others in the boat, trying to judge if they were in the same position he was. There were no chains. What was stopping them from swimming out of the boat and too land? Not pressed ganged then. Not slavers. Then what? Where were they? He looks up to the sky again and finds no stars to navigate by, to judge where they were. Just ominous black, with brief, violent, cold flickers of amethyst flashing through them every once in a while. And it suddenly dawns on him. A possibility. He was dead. "Crap."

BDEYE
2013-10-20, 09:55 AM
Michael is already awake. He sits with his legs crossed in the middle of the boar and stares at a point a few inches in front of him. He is an aggressively skinny older man with a just-receding hairline and thick lines on his face. If you saw him on the street you wouldn't give him a second thought, except possibly to pity him for whatever sad life he lived that beat the spirit out of him so completely.

But here and now, where you all are, his expression is much stranger. Maybe he thinks he's dreaming. Or maybe he just doesn't care what's going on.

Ojama
2013-10-20, 12:26 PM
Duane lays face up, staring blankly at the sky trying to wrap his head around the hell he has found himself in. At the sign of others waking he stands, his short kinky black hair springing as he rolls his neck to produce several satisfying pops the dull light gleaming off his red skin, and takes a better look around at the craft he has found himself on. 'What has happened to my hunt? What of my purpose? Iomedae why have you sent me here without your wisdom?'

The tiefling walks to the side of the small vessel, moving swiftly without disturbing the gentle movements caused by the ferryman, and momentarily peers into the depths below, his tail swishing back and forth like an agitated cat's, before turning back to the other passengers.

Taking a cursory glance to make sure everyone else is breathing, he focuses on the only other standing person. "Stranger" Duane's voice rasps out as if unused for a long time, "tell me, who are you? Do you know of why we are here?"

stack
2013-10-20, 12:44 PM
Flash...a trap? I had the eye, I had it! A key...why was there a key? Some kind of trap. Where am I? What did Wormword pull this time?

A clean-shaven man, his celestial heritage betrayed by his pure white eyes and coppery skin, sits up and takes stock of the situation. He looks down at himself, Where are my clothes? How did I get into this commoner's sack?

Seeing the others look equally bewildered, he clears his throat, adopting his first class lecture tone, "Clearly there has been some form of arcane phenomenon, though the source eludes me for the moment. We should compare notes and determine if there is a common thread that would have brought us together, what caused this. I was in the until recently lost temple of the planes, leading me to believe that this has been some form of planar disturbance, a folding of space and time. Have any of you, perchance, heard of a Professor Wormword?" knowledge arcana to figure out what could have happened (I don't expect it to work, but he would try [roll0]

planes [roll1] should at least confirm what plane we're on

Batpope Scott
2013-10-20, 08:29 PM
Zark sits up abruptly and his amber irises shine as his large head pivots, trying to ascertain his location. He yawns, his jaws showing the sharp, pearly white fangs of his kind, and he shakes his raven bangs out of his eyes and adjusts his topknot after he apparently come to the conclusion that none of the others are planning to attack. The dark-blue skinned goblin slowly comes to a kneel and peers over the side of the boat as he takes in the scenery. A deep foreboding builds in his gut as he looks upon the stranger guiding the group and the lightning crackling in the sky above him. Plenty of this was wrong, but he couldn't place how he'd come to be here.

He noticed that he was lacking a shirt, his scarred chest and back clearly visible in the light, and all he had were his hair tie and a pair of appropriately sized sack-cloth pants. His last memory, of Angel and the arena, comes back to him as he remember all of the fights that left marks up and down his arms, chest, back, legs and neck. He'd never been struck in the face because, if he had, the goblin wouldn't be sitting here today. Or maybe he would, if the hellish landscape is any indication.

One of the other passengers, with a fairly haughty tone by Zark's measure, asked to 'compare notes', which was probably a fancy way of telling everyone he had no idea what was going on. Clearing his throat, Zark piped up with his own growling tone and states "I'm fairly certain we're on a boat. Beyond that, there happens to be fire and brimstone." he mumbles slightly as he adds "Other goblins must love it here."

Elaraiah
2013-10-21, 09:24 AM
The figure at the head of the small craft does not seem to acknowledge your presences at first; however, upon several questions being directed at him. a low, otherworldly voice echoes forth from his direction. Well, it seems the dead are not all I am ferrying today. I was beginning to wonder if your...associate...had simply paid an exorbitant fee to dispose of corpses. Nonetheless, it is better you are conscious. After all, you will be disembarking soon. The figure seems to emphasize this last part, as though there is no argument to be made.

Perception Checks:

Zark - [roll0]
Michael - [roll1]
Arthur - [roll2]
Duane - [roll3]
Uriah - [roll4]
Uawkor - Still passed out. Waiting on first post.

Michael, Arthur and Duane: You are awake and alert enough to catch a brief glimpse of the boatman's hand as it pulls the long pole steering the vessel back towards you: a gruesome sight indeed, for it appears as though the flesh has been flayed off the creature, leaving only skeletal fingers gripping the wood.

stack
2013-10-21, 10:58 AM
Uriah's glowing eyes fix on the speaker. "Associate? If you could describe him I would be most grateful. I seem to have little recollection of the events that brought me to this point and would appreciate any light you could shed."

"Also, additional information regarding our location and destination would be helpful."

shugyosha
2013-10-21, 10:59 AM
Uawkor

A familiar voice stirred him to consciousness. He woke, his vision blurred, and everything felt wrong. "Zark? Is that you," he called out his voice raspy and dry.

Uawkor well tanned exposed face and arms were covered with various scars, which didn't seem to bother him. The scarred man felt naked , he had clothes but it seemed like there should be more.

He brushed his brown hair from his face and look around and asked, "Where are we?"

is there an ooc thread?

Ojama
2013-10-21, 01:11 PM
At the ferryman's words Duane's hand unconsciously brushes his side as if looking for something that isn't there. Sitting down on the floor of the vessel he shoots a suspicious glance at the ferryman before addressing the Aasimar, "My name is Duane Banewind, I am a paladin who serves under Iomedae's word. I must confess I do not know of a Professor Wormwood, in fact I seem to have quite a large gap in my memory. Its almost as if I know something is supposed to be there but is just out of reach. And then I awoke here after having that, well I suppose you would call it a dream."

BDEYE
2013-10-21, 02:33 PM
Michael expression changes slightly when the ferryman speaks, and his back straightens. Hell is about what he deserves. But if someone has set him up, then he has work to do.

Either way, he has no reason to reveal anything to anyone, yet. He keeps his mouth shut and his eyes open.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-21, 03:49 PM
The ferryman's words give Zark the answer to the only question that mattered right now. "Got it. Not dead yet."

Zark recognizes the last man to wake after he calls out the goblin's name. "Uawkor?" he chuckles before adding "I feel a lot safer now, I suppose."

Arillius
2013-10-21, 07:02 PM
Arthur found his own thoughts mirroring the goblins, though he was pretty certain his own mortality might be rather meaningless if he was already in hell. 'How did I end up here? The ferryman didn't know we were alive but he mentioned our... associate?' And they were getting off soon? Neither of those things sounded particularly welcoming to Arthur.

"Soooo...." He begins, coughing a little as the word escapes his lips. 'Damn, that bloody hurts. How long was I out?' When his lungs finally settle down he glances at the hand used to cover it, slightly worried that he might evidence of illness such as blood. He was relieved when no red flecks appeared, but still wasn't entirely convinced this wasn't a fever dream. If it wasn't, that could mean they were in a dangerous position, and it might be best if Arthur used caution and carefully picked his words as he gathered information. "We're... not dead... but you're ferrying us... and judging by your complexion you're pretty used to less lively passengers. Do you mind at least telling us where our... associate, whoever the hell he is, is having us dropped off?"

Oh, right. He wasn't very good at subtle unless it meant actually sneaking around on foot. How had he forgotten that? His tone even sounded a tad wry, as if he were getting ready to say something incredibly stupid and somewhat insulting as a form of comeback. Oddly, this relaxed Arthur. It felt nice to be dealing with something he didn't understand and have a completely moronic quip on the tip of his tongue.

Ojama
2013-10-21, 11:27 PM
a redo of my failed roll. knowledge:religion, to see if I can dredge up an origin to the ferryman, from the brief glance I got.
[roll0]

Elaraiah
2013-10-22, 12:29 AM
knowledge arcana to figure out what could have happened (I don't expect it to work, but he would try [roll0]

planes [roll1] should at least confirm what plane we're on

Knowledge Arcana: Your mind rattles through a near-endless list of possible explanations for memory loss and planar travel. You know that arcane magic would certainly be capable of such feats; however, the strength of magic required to erase what you can only assume to be years of memories is beyond your comprehension.

Knowedge Planes: You have studied the Outer Planes extensively, and your study rewards you with the less-than-comforting fact that you are on Avernus, the first layer of Hell. Judging by your current location, you are traveling on the River Styx, where the souls of the less-righteous dead are often ferried in preparation for an eternity of torment.

Uriah's glowing eyes fix on the speaker. "Associate? If you could describe him I would be most grateful. I seem to have little recollection of the events that brought me to this point and would appreciate any light you could shed."

"Also, additional information regarding our location and destination would be helpful."

My fee for keeping such information private was enormous, but your associate paid it nonetheless, and we of this place honor our contractual obligations. However, your destination is not so closely guarded! The figure laughs audibly, a horrible cackle punctuated by a well-timed crack of lightning from the ominous clouds above. Raising his right arm, the boatman points with his pole to what appears to be a shallow bank just around the upcoming bend of the river. Your eyes quickly scan the surrounding area for other creatures, civilizations, or any signs of inhabitants, but at least in the immediate vicinity, it appears you are to be stranded on an isolated shore.

a redo of my failed roll. knowledge:religion, to see if I can dredge up an origin to the ferryman, from the brief glance I got.
[roll0]

The skeletal hand leads you to believe this figure to be an undead abomination of some sort, though those with such a bony appearance that also possess the capacity for speech are few and powerful. Your mind jumps to "lich", but even that does not seem right, for usually their flesh remains and mummifies. You cannot seem to place this creature's origin within the realm of the undead.

Arillius
2013-10-22, 12:53 AM
'Ah, so he knows at least a little about our situation. Its too bad I have nothing to pay him with. Probably couldn't afford his rates anyway.' Grumbling, Arthur prepares to hop out of the boat the moment the thing docks. As creepy as it was being stranded on that lone shore, with not a spec of anything notable in sight, he would find it preferable to being stuck in this boat with the creepy thing with the skeleton hands. Whatever it was, it wasn't exactly very comforting to be around, and it raised the question of where exactly they were every time he saw the things hand. 'Yeah, better on my own. Or with these other guys. They seem to be in the same boat I am.'

Batpope Scott
2013-10-22, 01:55 AM
"Is holding secrets from people good money? I've never really thought about that. Normally I just fight things." Zark isn't really looking for an answer and makes this obvious by immediately breaking into a low hum to the tune of an old goblin song that described how much it burns in hell.

stack
2013-10-22, 07:04 AM
Anything from the know planes roll? I got a 29, should tell us something.
"I see. Well, I wouldn't want anyone to be breaking their contracts."

Elaraiah
2013-10-22, 07:32 AM
Anything from the know planes roll? I got a 29, should tell us something.
"I see. Well, I wouldn't want anyone to be breaking their contracts."

Check my most recent post before this one, I told you that you knew where you were.

stack
2013-10-22, 11:13 AM
Missed the spoiler, oops

Uriah leans over to whisper to the others, tryig to exclude the ferryman. "We are in Avernus, the first layer of hell. I would rather not complete the journey myself. I suspect the ferryman is more powerful than you might expect, so I don't know if we can overpower him."

BDEYE
2013-10-22, 05:19 PM
Michael makes eye contact with Uriah, acknowledging that he heard and understands. Otherwise, he stays where he is, ready.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-22, 05:28 PM
Zark hears Uriah quite clearly, which causes him to snort, chortle, and derisively whisper "You got a weapon? If not, let's just get movin' before he breaks that broom handle off in your sensitive spots. Personally, I'd like to spend my vacation in Hell without gettin' whooped by the ferryman."

Elaraiah
2013-10-22, 07:47 PM
As you discuss your current predicament, the small craft continues drifting down the infernal river. After rounding the final bend he had motioned to earlier, the boatman pushes the boat up against the shore. From your position within the vessel, you can see that the ground here, despite being so near the river, is dry and cracked. Your fare has been paid only this far. Time to leave. Not seeming to be in the mood for further questioning, the figure motions for you all to disembark.

shugyosha
2013-10-22, 08:33 PM
Uawkor

Zark recognizes the last man to wake after he calls out the goblin's name. "Uawkor?" he chuckles before adding "I feel a lot safer now, I suppose."

He remembered the goblin, "Is this mess yours or mine?"

Uriah leans over to whisper to the others, tryig to exclude the ferryman. "We are in Avernus, the first layer of hell. I would rather not complete the journey myself. I suspect the ferryman is more powerful than you might expect, so I don't know if we can overpower him."

"How about I sink the boat?" he asked, still his head wasn't completely cleared.

As you discuss your current predicament, the small craft continues drifting down the infernal river. After rounding the final bend he had motioned to earlier, the boatman pushes the boat up against the shore. From your position within the vessel, you can see that the ground here, despite being so near the river, is dry and cracked. Your fare has been paid only this far. Time to leave. Not seeming to be in the mood for further questioning, the figure motions for you all to disembark.

He was about to cast a cantrip but the boat landed ashore. The scarred man hobbled out and fell to his knees once his feet touch ground. It took him a moment to steady himself. "Now what?" he asked nobody in particular.

Does he have his spell book?

Batpope Scott
2013-10-22, 08:41 PM
He remembered the goblin, "Is this mess yours or mine?""I ain't got a clue. Likely both, seein' as you're stuck in the boat too."

"Now what?" he asked nobody in particular.The goblin looks to the one who claims to know where they are and asks "You got any ideas? If not, I'm gonna go find a sturdy hitting stick."

Elaraiah
2013-10-22, 08:55 PM
Does he have his spell book?

Shugyosha: Yes, you realize you were sitting on it.

OOC for all: I'm going to assume that everyone has hopped off the boat. If you have something you wanted to do/say before leaving, post it in a spoiler in your post and I'll resolve it retroactively. This way, we can move things along.

As the skeletal figure rows off, you find yourselves once again alone and confused. Directly ahead of you, several of the jagged rock formations you spotted before form a sort of mountain range that looms intimidatingly in the distance. The river the boatman ferried you on travels endlessly in both directions as far as you can tell. Suddenly behind you, a hiss of steam precedes a gout of flame that spurts forth from a hole in the rocky ground. The entire environment seems at war with life itself.

A small, crude structure of some sort rests at the base of the mountains a short distance ahead of you, its dusty red color matching the surrounding environment and serving as effective camouflage.

Perception Checks:
Zark - [roll0]
Michael - [roll1]
Arthur - [roll2]
Duane - [roll3]
Uriah - [roll4]
Uawkor - [roll5]

Michael: Just inside of the hut, laying on the dirt floor, you can make out a humanoid shape. It does not appear to be moving.

Uriah: Your knowledge of the planes would seem to provide and answer to part of the trouble you've been having adjusting your senses to this place. You recall that the mental faculties of creatures whose natures are in opposition with the plane's features and "will", as it were, are inhibited. (In game terms, characters take a -2 penalty on Int, Wis, and Cha checks if they are not Lawful-aligned or Evil-aligned while on Avernus. If they are neither Lawful- nor Evil-aligned, the penalty is -4.)

Arillius
2013-10-22, 09:43 PM
Arthur glances to the rest, then shakes his head slowly and tries to push on. Something was... off about this place. And not just in the typical 'apocalyptic wasteland trying to kill anything and everything in it'. He had trouble thinking here a little, like the world around him was in opposition with who he was. "Come on. Standing around is just as likely to get us killed as moving and half as likely to answer any questions."

The grizzled human, wearing little more then rags at the moment, pushes off toward the structure at the base of the mountain. Maybe someone was waiting there for them? He doubted it, a great deal, but the next best option was waiting around for the ferryman to loop back around. Something about that particular idea unsettled Arthur.

shugyosha
2013-10-22, 11:10 PM
Uawkor

He looked at the muscular man and said, "You know where you want to go?"

Uawkor looked around trying to get his bearings. Off handedly he said to Zark, "The only one we both know is Willem de Franc... and he's not this clever to do this to us."

knowledge checks to see where they are and where the nearest civilization is.
[roll0] Knowledge Arcane
[roll1] Knowledge Local
[roll2] Knowledge History

Batpope Scott
2013-10-23, 01:24 AM
Zark follows Arthur, seeing as it's probably as good a direction as any other. He answers Uawkor's question with a shrug and states "He's rich enough to hire somebody more clever. I don't think he'd want us in Hell without getting to taunt us first, though, so this probably isn't his idea. I dunno." Zark looks about the group and loudly asks "Any o' you know a Willem de Franc? Possibly missing an eye?"

Arillius
2013-10-23, 09:14 AM
Arthur points toward the structure at the base of the mountain, then glances down curiously at the ones that chose to follow him. "I've never heard of him, but..." He grimaces as he tries to cast a net into his memories for the name, feeling like each time he did he was throwing it into an empty hole. "I've got a couple... days? Months? I've got time missing... a lot of it I think. If I met him during it I don't know. All I can remember from the past couple months... or... No, all I can remember is a... key or something. Five gold says its how I got into this mess."

stack
2013-10-23, 09:28 AM
Before disembarking: "No, sinking the boat would be most unwise. The river Styx is not to be triffled with."

After: "I am not sure civilization would be our best option, unless you enjoy slavery and torture. Many paths connect the planes of reality. I suggest we find one to a more hospitable plane as soon as possible. My abilities here are significantly limited in addition to the danger posed by the denizens."

oocShould we have an OOC thread?

also, will be be in hell for a long time? Because that really gimps my character. If most of the game will be here I'll need a feat or item to not require a tough concentration check for 80+% of his summons

Elaraiah
2013-10-23, 09:42 AM
Before disembarking: "No, sinking the boat would be most unwise. The river Styx is not to be triffled with."

After: "I am not sure civilization would be our best option, unless you enjoy slavery and torture. Many paths connect the planes of reality. I suggest we find one to a more hospitable plane as soon as possible. My abilities here are significantly limited in addition to the danger posed by the denizens."

oocShould we have an OOC thread?

also, will be be in hell for a long time? Because that really gimps my character. If most of the game will be here I'll need a feat or item to not require a tough concentration check for 80+% of his summons

To all: Does everyone think an OOC thread is a good idea? I haven't run a game on these forums yet so I don't know the popular method.

Uriah: Don't worry about it; you'll only be in Hell for a level or so. And I will provide opportunities to find an escape, provided people take the bait.

BDEYE
2013-10-23, 12:31 PM
Michael follows the group, and waits until everyone else has had their say before he speaks up.

"I remember the key too. But I don't know what it means. I'll be happy to follow anyone with even a slightly informed opinion about how to get out of here."

stack
2013-10-23, 04:05 PM
"Well...I obviously lack my usual reference materials...the plane is large and I expect a known gate would be well guarded on on or both sides. Well-intended allies are unlikely...frankly I am unsure as how to proceed. It will be difficult here, but I could try summoning a celestial being to inquire for us of the upper planes."

unless anyone objects, summoning a Lyrakien azata to have it cast commune

concentration [roll0] vs DC 23

He focuses for a moment, strain evident before grasping his head. "Ow. That...usually works better, but I knew it would be difficult here."

Batpope Scott
2013-10-23, 06:26 PM
"I'm guessing that celestials aren't very welcome in hell, huh?" Zark proceeds towards the structure saying "I don't care where we are, I'm not comfortable without a weapon, so I'm heading over to that house-thingy and getting a big rock. Maybe a wood plank, if they build with that down here."

Ojama
2013-10-23, 08:40 PM
Before Exiting: Duane stops beside the ferryman, whispering "Our business isn't concluded, I will be back." before jumping off the boat, his hands white-knuckled fists at his sides. Those nearby can practically feel the hate radiating from him.

After: "I must agree with the goblin, while this may not be the most favorable location for most of us, going anywhere unarmed is a quick way into the grave." He begins walking towards the front of the group, attempting to stick next to as many people as possibly while keeping his eyes on the mountains. "I suppose while we're at it, I also remember an key, what its purpose is escapes me though."

Ojama
2013-10-23, 09:16 PM
ooc:
I'm fine with doing ooc content like this, it's not too hard to keep track of and doesn't take much more space.

Elaraiah
2013-10-24, 02:09 AM
With everyone now off the boat, your group continues walking through the hostile environment, slowly approaching the crude structure at the mountain's base. Despite the occasional crack of lightning or boom of thunder from the ever-present turmoil in the sky above, the area where the ferryman was paid to abandon you is otherwise still and quiet, save for the sporadic flame gouts that erupt from small openings in the ground. The flat rocky landscape seems to go on for miles in almost every direction, while the sharp, impossibly steep mountain range that juts out of the ground bears a striking resemblance to enormous spines of some long-buried creature.

As you approach the entrance to the structure, you think it to be the dwelling of some sort of civilized creature. The walls are made of a similar material to the stone beneath your feet, apparently carved into blocks and somehow held together without mortar. A hammer lies abandoned on an anvil in front of the residence, while around the side of the building you spot some sort of forge and its associated equipment. Half-finished works from this apparent blacksmith are hung or rested on racks placed just inside the hut. Before you can inspect the hut closer, however, your attention is captured by a low groan emanating from a figure on the floor inside. The splatters of blood around him tell you it, or something that was here recently, has been injured.

At first glance, the figure appears Elven; impressively so, as though you were staring at the body of a paragon of Elvish-kind. Though what a member of such an ancient and usually peaceful race would be doing in a place like this is beyond your imagining.

OOC (all): I'll take any skill checks you'd like to make at this time.

BDEYE
2013-10-24, 06:36 AM
Seeing the elf's injuries, Michael does a quick turn, checking the perimeter.

Perception check for ambushes or traps: [roll0]

Sense Motive for anything the elf says or does: [roll1]

stack
2013-10-24, 07:00 AM
Uriah watches for signs of enchantment as he cautiously approaches. detect magic.

"Hello, are you in need of aid?" He calls out.

Elaraiah
2013-10-24, 09:52 AM
Seeing the elf's injuries, Michael does a quick turn, checking the perimeter.

Perception check for ambushes or traps: [roll0]

Sense Motive for anything the elf says or does: [roll1]

Michael: As you quickly scan the premises for any sign of danger, you are relieved to find no apparent traps. The walls of the hut are adorned with completed suits of armor and weapons of various make, though all appear above-average in quality at first glance. Looking again at the Elvish figure lying face-down on the floor, you almost do a double-take as you realize that part of the man's right leg is simply...gone. There is no localized blood or apparent wound, but the area near the man's leg is covered with a fine layer of gold-colored dust. Further inspection reveals that much of the man's body seems to bear this same strange powder.

The man simply groans, obviously sensing the presence of other creatures nearby, but seems to lack the strength to sit up at the moment. You're not surprised; though you notice no other significant portions of the man's body missing, you can see that his limbs and torso bear many terrible-looking wounds.

Uriah watches for signs of enchantment as he cautiously approaches. detect magic.

"Hello, are you in need of aid?" He calls out.

Uriah: Another groan from the motionless figure is the only acknowledgment you receive. Focusing your mind and channeling your arcane power, you sense a few magical auras within the immediate vicinity. Focusing a little longer will let you pinpoint them.

BDEYE
2013-10-24, 10:07 AM
Michael leans over the elf and tries to address his wounds.

"Feel free to take over, if anyone here has greater expertise than myself."

Heal: [roll0]

stack
2013-10-24, 10:12 AM
Uriah focuses, trying to identify the closest auras first. spellcraft [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Ojama
2013-10-24, 04:18 PM
Suspicious of finding someone so close to where they were abandoned, Duane turns his attention solely on the unconscious 'elf'

Detect Evil, focusing on the figure as a move action

Batpope Scott
2013-10-24, 07:23 PM
"I'd love to help you patch him up, but I've never been good at fixin'." Zark looks about the house for any loose rocks or furniture that would make a decent weapon.

shugyosha
2013-10-24, 08:43 PM
Uawkar

Along the way to the hut the man stops every so often to pick up a rock, checking its balance either tosses it or keeps it.

Once at the structure, like Michael, he checks the perimeter first. Seeing it clear he starts to look among the blacksmith's work shop for anything useful.

[roll0] perception

Elaraiah
2013-10-24, 08:59 PM
Michael leans over the elf and tries to address his wounds.

"Feel free to take over, if anyone here has greater expertise than myself."

Heal: [roll0]

Though the man's wounds are quite severe, you manage to perform basic first aid, wrapping some of the deeper lacerations tightly with pieces of the man's shredded tunic.

You also notice, upon closer inspection, that the multitude of wounds appear to be mostly bite marks, with the surrounding flesh appearing scorched.

Uriah focuses, trying to identify the closest auras first. spellcraft [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Uriah: As you focus your concentration and slowly gaze about the room, you realize that the magic auras you detected seem to be coming from a chain shirt and longsword that have been placed on an armor rack, separated from the rest of the non-magical weapons and armor that line the rear wall of the dwelling.

Further concentration reveals that they are a +1 Longsword and a +1 Chain Shirt.

Suspicious of finding someone so close to where they were abandoned, Duane turns his attention solely on the unconscious 'elf'

Detect Evil, focusing on the figure as a move action

Ojama: The Elvish man does not detect as evil.

"I'd love to help you patch him up, but I've never been good at fixin'." Zark looks about the house for any loose rocks or furniture that would make a decent weapon.

Zark begins scouring the floor for any loose chunks of stone, and momentarily eyes the leg of an iron chair before his gaze slowly rises up. As he wipes the dust from his eyes, he realizes that the rear wall of this "house", as it were, is lined with all manner of weapons and various suits of armor, of different sizes and styles. All appear to be made of above-average quality.

Gazing back at the chair leg and loose rocks for a moment, Zark slaps his forehead with his palm, drags his hand down his face, and sighs.

Ojama
2013-10-24, 09:13 PM
Seeing no immediate danger from the man, Duane walks over and kneels next to him to examine the wounds. Seeing the bite marks and rudimentary bandages, he places his hands on the elf releasing a bit of his power of healing.

Lay on Hands: [roll0]

"Hopefully that will bring him around so we can get a few answers out of him.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-24, 09:35 PM
Zark looks through the racks for a scimitar, moping slightly about how imperceptive he just was. He keeps an eye open for armor that seems light and about his size, but doesn't think that a smith would keep anything with goblins in mind; especially a goblin that feels the studs in studded leather slow him down.

Hearing the others reviving the elf, Zark states "I hope he don't mind us going through the shinies. It'd really suck if I had to outrun a crippled elf today."

stack
2013-10-25, 07:03 AM
"The sword and chain have a basic defensive enchantment. Where the elf able to use them I suspect they would not be hanging their yet, unless he was ambushed, but in that case we have all the more reason to prepare. I can use the chain shirt, though I prefer not to be in the thick of the fray, should it come to that."

shugyosha
2013-10-25, 10:08 AM
Uawkor

The scarred man follows Zark to the wall of weapons, "Well someone has been busy." Casting a quick spell to looks upon them with magic sight.

casting detect magic
[roll0] spell craft
[roll1] spell craft
[roll2] spell craft
[roll3] spell craft

BDEYE
2013-10-25, 05:29 PM
Michael shows no interest in the weapons. He speaks quietly to the injuired elf.

"I hope you have something to tell us. Otherwise, this is not a good situation for anyone."

Elaraiah
2013-10-25, 11:16 PM
Seeing no immediate danger from the man, Duane walks over and kneels next to him to examine the wounds. Seeing the bite marks and rudimentary bandages, he places his hands on the elf releasing a bit of his power of healing.

Lay on Hands: [roll0]

"Hopefully that will bring him around so we can get a few answers out of him.

As your healing power flows into the unresponsive man before you, you notice that his wounds slowly begin to close. Breathing a sigh of relief, you step back for a moment, and are shocked to see the fine dust on his limbs and the ground begin to swirl around some of his more grievous injuries, before it seems to meld with the Elven man's flesh and mend it! Brief, intermittent flickers of strange runes appear all over the man's body, and he slowly rises to his feet.

Zark looks through the racks for a scimitar, moping slightly about how imperceptive he just was. He keeps an eye open for armor that seems light and about his size, but doesn't think that a smith would keep anything with goblins in mind; especially a goblin that feels the studs in studded leather slow him down.

Hearing the others reviving the elf, Zark states "I hope he don't mind us going through the shinies. It'd really suck if I had to outrun a crippled elf today."

Looking about the room, you are disappointed to find a lack of any small-size armor that is easily visible. While you spot blades of various styles, most appear sized for medium creatures, and would be unwieldy for you to use. However, a small curved dagger-like weapon catches your attention with its serpent motif etched into the blade and continued in the intricate carving of the grip. (Masterwork small kukri.)

Uawkor

The scarred man follows Zark to the wall of weapons, "Well someone has been busy." Casting a quick spell to looks upon them with magic sight.

casting detect magic
[roll0] spell craft
[roll1] spell craft
[roll2] spell craft
[roll3] spell craft

Uawkor: Same results as Uriah; a +1 Chain Shirt and a +1 Longsword, placed on the armor rack kept slightly separate from the rest of the equipment

Batpope Scott
2013-10-25, 11:59 PM
Zark picks up the Kukri and looks it over. He mumbles, to himself mostly, that "It's not the best choice of weapon for me, but it's better than trying to use one of those big ones." he takes a moment and looks over at the chair leg again, pondering if it would do better in that regard.

He shakes his head at the thought and looks about for throwing weapons; his intent to avoid some of the awkwardness of weapons made for big people by unceremoniously chucking them at people.

Elaraiah
2013-10-26, 07:51 AM
Michael shows no interest in the weapons. He speaks quietly to the injuired elf.

"I hope you have something to tell us. Otherwise, this is not a good situation for anyone."

As you get a glimpse at the man's face for the first time, it's apparent that he is not strictly Elvish. His facial features are sharp and clear; almost otherworldly so. In the man's brilliant emerald eyes you swear you occasionally see flashes of strange symbols like those that appeared when his wounds were being healed.

In a voice that seems to command authority, the creature before you speaks a few words that are unintelligible to all but Uriah and Duane.

Uriah and Duane: (Spoken in Infernal)And which of the lords has decided to play his hand, sending personal agents to finish what roaming beasts could not?

Zark picks up the Kukri and looks it over. He mumbles, to himself mostly, that "It's not the best choice of weapon for me, but it's better than trying to use one of those big ones." he takes a moment and looks over at the chair leg again, pondering if it would do better in that regard.

He shakes his head at the thought and looks about for throwing weapons; his intent to avoid some of the awkwardness of weapons made for big people by unceremoniously chucking them at people.

At least on the racks and shelves that line the back wall of the inside of the structure, Zark is unable to find any further weapons sized appropriately for him. However, you do remember spotting several unfinished weapons outside near the anvil and forge; perhaps one of those could be completed and put to good and proper Goblin use...

Your thoughts are interrupted as you hear a confident voice speaking in a strange tongue just behind you. A quick glance reveals that the previously injured man is now standing and addressing the other travelers. Whatever he's saying, he doesn't seem happy to see any of you.

To all (OOC): Please make sure you have your languages known marked on your character sheet; some of you are missing them!

stack
2013-10-26, 12:32 PM
Infernal:"Ah, I fear you are mistaken, friend. We have only just arrived here and are in a bit of a predicament. Not sure how it happened, you see. We were hoping you could help us a bit. A smith, are you? You can see we are rather poorly equipped. I should hope the lords of this realm keep their servants a bit better than you see us."

"Anyhow, what we are ultimately seeking is a way to the prime material plane. obviously we have little in the way of wealth with which to compensate you, but perhaps in-kind payment?"

"And why would the devils be seeking to harm you, beyond their usual reasons anyhow?"

diplomacy untrained [roll0]

shugyosha
2013-10-26, 01:18 PM
Uawkor

Seeing how the magical weapons were spoken for, Uawkor grabs what ever trowing blades he can find and a close combat weapon. Then looks for another set of armor that he can use.

order of preference for melee weapons:
Greatsword
long sword
short sword

BDEYE
2013-10-26, 03:13 PM
Michael takes a soft step backward, creating a five foot buffer between himself and the yelling... whatever he is. He doesn't tense up or make a fist. He just looks down at the floor and waits.

Ojama
2013-10-26, 11:05 PM
Infernal:
"What my companion here says is true. You can trust me when I say we have not had, nor wish to have any dealings with the lords of this place. I am wondering what one of your... lineage... is doing here. By the wounds you had earlier and your formidable stock of weaponry, I'd say you are not here for sight seeing. Perhaps we can come to an arrangement of some sort, lets say some arms and armor for those wishing them and any information you may have on a way to leave this place, and in return we help you with some of your business here in this hell hole. "

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Elaraiah
2013-10-27, 08:48 AM
Infernal:
"What my companion here says is true. You can trust me when I say we have not had, nor wish to have any dealings with the lords of this place. I am wondering what one of your... lineage... is doing here. By the wounds you had earlier and your formidable stock of weaponry, I'd say you are not here for sight seeing. Perhaps we can come to an arrangement of some sort, lets say some arms and armor for those wishing them and any information you may have on a way to leave this place, and in return we help you with some of your business here in this hell hole. "

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Infernal:"Ah, I fear you are mistaken, friend. We have only just arrived here and are in a bit of a predicament. Not sure how it happened, you see. We were hoping you could help us a bit. A smith, are you? You can see we are rather poorly equipped. I should hope the lords of this realm keep their servants a bit better than you see us."

"Anyhow, what we are ultimately seeking is a way to the prime material plane. obviously we have little in the way of wealth with which to compensate you, but perhaps in-kind payment?"

"And why would the devils be seeking to harm you, beyond their usual reasons anyhow?"

diplomacy untrained [roll0]

The figure looks questioningly at you all, especially pausing to take in the sight of a goblin rummaging through the nearby arms and armor, and the lone isolated man who sits contemplatively on the floor. At long last, the man sighs. I don't know who you are, or where you come from, he now speaks in the Common tongue, but I suppose I am indebted to you for healing my wounds. However, I regret to inform you that I cannot be of aid to you as you have requested; I am trapped on this damned plane, much as you all supposedly are. Nonetheless, I am not here without purpose, but that is neither here nor there. I am grateful to you for your timely and selfless aid, and you are clearly all woefully equipped to deal with the terrors of this place.

My name is Layne, and among other things I am a smith by trade and scholar of law by hobby. If you require shelter or arms to combat the threats of Hell, I will offer what I can. But unfortunately, my services are a bit limited at the moment. A roaming pack of hell hounds, led by a ferociously large shadowy canine of some other nature, spotted my hut and attacked me. The shadow dog ripped off my crafting lens (here the man points to a loose chain that hangs attached to his tunic) and fled, but the fiery beasts continued their assault on me until I fell prone and cowered. With my last moments of consciousness, I saw them turn and head to the east, but north or south I could not say.

I do no business willingly with the devils of this plane; the few powerful ones that know of my presence here tolerate me only with my continued tributes of arms and armor. But without the crafting lens, the quality of my workmanship will surely drop, and I fear for my continued safety. So I offer you this instead; find the beasts who stole my crafting lens and return it to me. I will loan you any weapons or protection you may deem necessary, and upon your return with the lens, I will even enhance the equipment for you. Then, we can further discuss your purpose here. What say you?

stack
2013-10-27, 09:05 AM
Uriah listens attentively, then turns to his companions. "A fair bargain. I am not quick to trust anyone of this place, but his story rings true enough and I doubt any would care enough about us to make so elaborate a ruse. I say we take the offer."

Batpope Scott
2013-10-27, 10:06 AM
"Trust? I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, and he's twice my size, but there isn't much to lose. We were going to end up fighting demons anyway, so might as well chance it for some gear."

BDEYE
2013-10-27, 11:12 AM
"Nothing else to do right now. I'll get your tool back, hopefully with the help of the others. Does anyone here have the skill to track the hounds?"

stack
2013-10-27, 12:22 PM
"On another plane I could summon a hound to track for us, but not here."

Ojama
2013-10-27, 03:49 PM
"I believe that is an acceptable offer. My name is Duane, a pleasure to meet you Layne. Perhaps when we return with your lens we could do a more formal introduction." He glances pointedly at the rest of his companions who have yet to introduce themselves and then moves over to the wall of equipment to find something to arm himself with.

Ooc: He would prefer a falchion, or scimitar/cutlass with a shield, and the strongest armor possible.

stack
2013-10-27, 07:25 PM
"Actually, give me a moment and I can bring someone to help. He won't like the surroundings though..."calling eidolon, who has scent. 1 minute

BDEYE
2013-10-28, 12:18 PM
"Michael. Pleasure." It doesn't actually sound like it's a pleasure.

shugyosha
2013-10-28, 01:38 PM
Uawkor

Turning from the weapons he says "Sounds like a deal."

Can we have an inventory of what he has?

Elaraiah
2013-10-28, 07:37 PM
OOC (all): Sorry I haven't posted yet, I'll try to have a post up within a few hours. Been incredibly busy.

Elaraiah
2013-10-29, 08:30 AM
Uawkor

Turning from the weapons he says "Sounds like a deal."

Can we have an inventory of what he has?

The man's weapons are varied in scope, but nearly all appear to be above average quality (read: Masterwork). A once-over of the wall of armaments reveals the following (all of Medium size):

-A longspear
-A battleaxe
-2 daggers
-A greatsword
-A morningstar
-A longsword
-A warhammer
-A kukri
-A halberd

In terms of visible armor, the man has (these are also masterwork quality):
-A suit of studded leather armor
-2 chain shirts
-A breastplate
-A suit of scale mail

At least in terms of weapons and armor that are displayed and completed, this is all you find with a close look inside the dwelling. The weapons seem to be the house's only ornamentation, as they are all elegantly displayed on fine racks, while the armor rests either on the floor of the small house or (in the case of the scale mail and studded leather) on small mannequins. Clearly, Layne has been here for a while, or didn't travel lightly.

shugyosha
2013-10-29, 09:37 AM
Uawkor

Grabbing the daggers and the long sword, Uawkor moves the the armor and takes chainshirt.

"I'll need a bow as soon as possible," he says. Then asks the elf, "Do you know how to make a bow from bone and sinew?"

He's asking if he can make a composite bow.

Elaraiah
2013-10-29, 10:18 AM
Uawkor

Grabbing the daggers and the long sword, Uawkor moves the the armor and takes chainshirt.

"I'll need a bow as soon as possible," he says. Then asks the elf, "Do you know how to make a bow from bone and sinew?"

He's asking if he can make a composite bow.

The Elvish man pauses for a moment, and as his eyes glance up and away as though deep in thought, you see more runes flash across his forearms for an instant. After the brief hesitation, he speaks. Bows are a bit complicated, but I believe I could make something sufficient, if given the proper materials. But bones from the beasts that attacked me would be too small; I'm going to need something larger. Not that you'll have any trouble finding larger creatures here, mind you; the true problem is usually making sure that larger creatures don't find you!

Oh! But I may yet have something suitable for the interim, if you don't mind a shorter range. An old hunting bow of mine from...home. His eyes wander off again, this time lost more in nostalgia than contemplative thought.

Layne wanders outside briefly before returning with a small shortbow with a wooden body, and a quiver with 30 arrows. Nothing special, unfortunately, but I think it will still do more good against hounds of Hell than non-existant infernal avians. I was a little disappointed upon arriving that rumors of winged devils and horrific airborne creatures were greatly exaggerated; I'm quite the shot, you know!Layne smiles for the first time you can recall since you've met him. It's a big grin, full of confidence and pride.

stack
2013-10-29, 11:09 AM
As the others arm themselves, Uriah completes his meditation. A small creature, half-monkey, half dog appears before him. "Everyone, this is Yoos. He can track for us."

He then grabs a longspear and a chain shirt for himself. survival [roll0] w/ scent
perception [roll1]

shugyosha
2013-10-29, 11:19 AM
Uawkor

"Thank you, this is much better," he says in gratitude.

Looking at the new arrived eidolon, "Which way?"

Is it also MW?

Elaraiah
2013-10-29, 07:25 PM
As the others arm themselves, Uriah completes his meditation. A small creature, half-monkey, half dog appears before him. "Everyone, this is Yoos. He can track for us."

He then grabs a longspear and a chain shirt for himself. survival [roll0] w/ scent
perception [roll1]

Yoos stops and sniffs the air, its face scrunching as the stench of sulfur assaults its nostrils. Eventually, the Eidolon seems to pick up on a particular scent and heads off to the direction that Layne pointed when he referred to the East.

Uawkor

"Thank you, this is much better," he says in gratitude.

Looking at the new arrived eidolon, "Which way?"

Is it also MW?

Uawkor: No, the bow is not masterwork.

Ojama
2013-10-29, 07:52 PM
Looking at the wall, Duane sighs, but seeing no better option grabs the greatsword and begins donning the breastplate.

stack
2013-10-29, 07:55 PM
"The game is afoot!" Uriah calls as he takes off after his servant, resting the borrowed weapon across his shoulders.

Ojama
2013-10-29, 08:54 PM
Jogging to keep pace with the half monkey Duane is reminded of a previous encounter he'd had with a similar creature and thinks to himself, 'Great, once again I find myself keeping up with a monkey going who knows where, at least this one isn't blue this time.'

Batpope Scott
2013-10-29, 10:17 PM
Zark twirls the kukri a couple times before dashing after the group. He doesn't show much surprise at the dog-monkey but only because he's trying to ignore odd appearances.

BDEYE
2013-10-30, 12:14 PM
Michael, still unarmed, follows the rest of the group. He keeps his eyes peeled.

Elaraiah
2013-10-31, 01:30 AM
Your group follows the summoned tracker for what feels like hours before some of you begin to realize that something is wrong. Where at first the path that Yoos was following seemed to be logical for a pack of hounds to follow, for the last 30 minutes or so the Eidolon has been navigating much slower, twisting and winding and even sometimes doubling back to find the lost scent. In fact, despite the fact that you had seen several well-traveled areas leading up into the mountains whose shadows you had been walking in, for the last 10 minutes the trail seems to be leading directly south, away from the mountains and out into the open wasteland.

You hadn't noticed it at first, but the temperature outside of the shadow of the mountains is blisteringly hot, and the air acrid and heavy in your lungs. Those of you with armor on now are really beginning to feel the effects of this otherworldly heat, and unless you can find a place to rest, you don't think you can continue for much more without some protection from this oppressive weather.

Fortitude saves vs. hot weather (all):
Zark: [roll0]
Michael: [roll1]
Arthur (I'm assuming he grabbed some armor): [roll2]
Duane: [roll3]
Uriah: [roll4]
Uawkor: [roll5]

Though most of you seem to adapt to the heat well enough, Uawkor struggles with the suffocating heat in his newly donned armor.

Bulges in the dry ground make for a series of low hills directly ahead of you. Though you can't see what (if anything) is on the other side of them, Yoos suddenly seems very uncomfortable.

Elaraiah
2013-10-31, 01:37 AM
Uawkor: Take [roll0] non-lethal damage due to heat.

Ojama
2013-10-31, 02:06 AM
"Ugh, it is hot as hell out here. Summoner are you sure your creature knows where its going? I am unsure how long we'll be able to last in this accursed heat as things are."

stack
2013-10-31, 08:29 AM
Uriah harrumphs. "Unless you have a better way of tracking it I suggest we keep on. The scents here are not exactly pleasant, its impressive he can find anything here. But those hills look promising...and if I am not mistaken something draws near. Yoos is not easily unsettled, even here."

BDEYE
2013-10-31, 12:16 PM
"We'll need water soon. We can continue to the hills or head back, but we should make up our minds quickly. I'm in favor of the hills. We don't even know for sure that the elf's place is safe, and I want to know what's going on."

Batpope Scott
2013-10-31, 05:29 PM
Zark chortles a bit and claims "He's an elf. I would rather go to the hills over there if the denizens are giant three-headed bears. At least they'd know how to take a joke."

Ojama
2013-11-01, 11:36 PM
"If we can find a good place to stop, and I was able to get an hour or so of meditation, I would be able to get us some water."

Elaraiah
2013-11-02, 10:18 PM
Your thoughts and discussions are slowly being drowned out by an ever-growing repetitive clicking, coming from over the hill. It sounds like many footsteps on the dry ground, but there is no distinctive *chink* of armor. Whatever the source of the sound, it is now making its way up the opposite side of the hill, and will crest it shortly.

What do you do?

BDEYE
2013-11-03, 05:58 PM
Michael waits for whatever is making the sound to come into view.

Batpope Scott
2013-11-03, 08:06 PM
Zark looks around for a place to hide but ends up standing beside his allies, twirling his kukri and mumbling "This is gonna be a pleasant day, I can just tell."

Ojama
2013-11-04, 02:13 AM
Duane places himself at the front of the group, drawing his weapon, and preparing to defend himself and his allies from whatever is coming over the hill.

Ooc:
readied action to attack anything that makes a threatening movement against him or an ally within his reach.

Elaraiah
2013-11-04, 03:14 AM
Three black shapes finally crest the top of the hill, revealing the source of the clacking noise: giant scorpions, each bigger than a man. With little cover to hind behind, your party is nearly instantly spotted, and the creatures begin charging down the hill toward your current location.

As it currently stands, the scorpions all are spaced approximately 5 feet apart, with one particularly vicious looking one leading the group. You can barely make out the haft of some weapon lodged in its carapace from your position 50 feet down the hillside.

OOC (all): Please roll for initiative in your next post. This will function not only to set up combat order, but also as a roll-call of sorts for who is still following the thread, as several voices have been rather quiet recently.

Also, if anyone has suggestions for how to more clearly display combat positioning and environments (i.e. a grid that I can alter and post images of), that would be fantastic. Still a little new to the forum style.

Giant Scorpion Initiatives:
A[roll0]
B[roll1]
C[roll2]

Ojama
2013-11-04, 03:35 AM
Init: [roll0]

Batpope Scott
2013-11-04, 03:39 AM
Initiative [roll0]

BDEYE
2013-11-04, 07:37 AM
Initiative [roll0]

stack
2013-11-04, 09:29 AM
Uriah waves a hand. "Yoos, you are dismissed." THe dog-monkey looks relieved as it fades from view.init [roll0]
we are using group initiative, right?

With another waves, the ground splits as stony hands burst forth, pulls hunched forms forth, humanoid stone that quickly turns to face the oncoming foes.nothing I can summon off the SMIII list without a concentration check, so elementals it is!
summoning [roll1] small earth elementals (w/ augment summons)summon stats, each readying an attack, positioned just ahead of the party Small Earth Elemental ( AugmentSummoning )

N Small outsider (earth, elemental, extraplanar)
Init -1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4

DEFENSE
AC 17, touch 10, flat-footed 17 (-1 Dex, +7 natural, +1 size)
hp 17 (2d10+6)
Fort +6, Ref -1, Will +3;
Immune elemental traits;

OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., burrow 20 ft., earth glide
Melee slam +8 (1d6+8)
Space 5 ft.Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks earth mastery

STATISTICS
Str 20, Dex 8, Con 17, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11;
Base Atk 2; CMB 6; CMD 15
Feats Improved Bull RushB, Power Attack
Skills Appraise +1, Climb +9, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +1, Knowledge (planes) +1, Perception +4, Stealth +7
Languages Terran

for maps, I used to use pyromancer's dungeon painter, (http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/)then export them to google docs, where I would add icons using photobucket. Also used dungeongrapher to photobucket. Heard good things about maptools, never got the hang of it myself.

shugyosha
2013-11-04, 11:59 PM
init
[roll0]

Elaraiah
2013-11-05, 07:27 PM
Uriah waves a hand.[COLOR="DarkRed"]]
we are using group initiative, right?

Yes, we will go ahead and use group initiative, which means players are up first (all players go ahead and list your actions to be taken, if you haven't already). I'll have a map posted soon; it sadly looks like Arillius is sick right now, so we'll assume he's dropped unless I see a post in a few days.

shugyosha
2013-11-06, 12:32 AM
Uawkor

grabbing an arrow, Uawkor imbues with a small spell before sending it off to the nearest scorpion.

range spellstrike with acid orb
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] normal damage
[roll2] acid damage

Elaraiah
2013-11-06, 09:16 PM
Uawkor

grabbing an arrow, Uawkor imbues with a small spell before sending it off to the nearest scorpion.

range spellstrike with acid orb
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] normal damage
[roll2] acid damage

Your arrow flies forward, striking the larger leading scorpion and carrying the energy of your cantrip with it. The arrow, much like the haft of the embedded weapon, becomes stuck in the creature's armored carapace, but it continues lumbering down the hill, towards the newly-summoned earth elementals.

stack
2013-11-06, 10:16 PM
(Is it our turn again? What is the range to the scorpions?)

shugyosha
2013-11-06, 10:21 PM
(Is it our turn again? What is the range to the scorpions?)

I think some of us did take an action,l like me, BDEYE, Batpope Scott, and Ojama, because we didn't know we won initiative.

stack
2013-11-06, 10:55 PM
Summoning was my action, I was referring to what we do now that the result of the attack has been described.

Batpope Scott
2013-11-06, 10:57 PM
Zark waits and readies himself to charge for when the scorpions get close, preferring not to be far from the group. Especially not with a bunch o' giant bugs!
Readying a charge at the scorpion who gets within 15ft first.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Critical Confirm [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

Ojama
2013-11-07, 12:45 AM
With the approach of the monsters Duane steps forward, coming along side the elementals, and prepares to fend off the assailants.
as earlier, readied action against the first enemy to come within reach
Attack
Damage [roll]2d6+13

BDEYE
2013-11-07, 07:14 AM
Michael positions himself in front of the archer, ready to fend off any enemies who try to close the gap.

Readying an action to flurry any enemy who gets in range.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Will use Redirection on any crab that tries to attack him, the archer or any other "squishy" ally in reach, will use reposition to pull the crab away from the ally and provoke an AOO.

Reposition roll: [roll4], Roll gets +2 bonus if the attack is either a Power Attack or a charge, +4 if both.

Elaraiah
2013-11-11, 05:02 AM
OOC (all): Gah! I'm sorry guys, I've been sick the last few days and had some projects in school sneak up on me. I'm feeling better now so I'll get back to the game.

Elaraiah
2013-11-11, 05:03 AM
Michael positions himself in front of the archer, ready to fend off any enemies who try to close the gap.

Readying an action to flurry any enemy who gets in range.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Will use Redirection on any crab that tries to attack him, the archer or any other "squishy" ally in reach, will use reposition to pull the crab away from the ally and provoke an AOO.

Reposition roll: [roll4], Roll gets +2 bonus if the attack is either a Power Attack or a charge, +4 if both.

OOC - Michael: Michael, be aware that you can only ready an action for something that can be performed as a standard action. A flurry of blows takes a full-round, so please correct your action for your turn and repost it.

shugyosha
2013-11-14, 12:20 AM
OOC: Are we waiting on anyone?

Elaraiah
2013-11-15, 02:07 AM
OOC: Are we waiting on anyone?

OOC: I suppose it is kind of foolish just to wait for one person to correct his post while making everyone else wait. I'll run the monsters in the next post.

Elaraiah
2013-11-15, 02:17 AM
The scorpions continue clattering down the hill, and it is quickly apparent that the conjured elementals are their current target.

Zark: Your readied action triggers as the scorpions close the gap to end up exactly 15 feet away from you.

Uriah: Your earth elementals' attacks trigger.

OOC: The current position is as follows: the Scorpions are positioned 15 feet away from the front of your party, adjacent to the Earth elementals (who are 10 feet in front of you, slightly spaced apart). Zark is currenty charging between one of the gaps in the elementals to strike at the larger scorpion.

Sting attacks for the scorpions (one at each Elemental):
[roll0] - Hit
[roll1] - Miss
[roll2] - Miss

Elaraiah
2013-11-15, 02:20 AM
Sting attacks for the scorpions (one at each Elemental):
[roll0] - Hit
[roll1] - Miss
[roll2] - Miss

Attack roll that hit: [roll0]

stack
2013-11-15, 08:54 AM
The elementals mindlessly attack their foes as they close, unfazed by the monster's attacks. Uriah waves a hand, the elemental's tempo increases, as do the movements of his allies.Readied actions: (all rolls include earth mastery)
slam 1 [roll0]
[roll1]

slam 1 [roll2]
[roll3]

EE1=10/17 HP
EE2= 17/17 HP

Uriah casts haste (both elementals and 3 of our party: Zark and whoever else wants to melee or could use the extra attack (I really can't remember who does what and we don't have a table of sheets that I recall))

Elemental 1
slam 1 [roll4]
[roll5]

slam 2 [roll6]
[roll7]

Elemental 2
slam 1 [roll8]
[roll9]

slam 2 [roll10]
[roll11]

shugyosha
2013-11-15, 09:39 AM
Uawkor

Holding his ground the scarred man nocks another arrow and releases at the same scorpion.

point blank shot figured in.
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] acid

Batpope Scott
2013-11-15, 01:38 PM
Zark's charge and Uriah's spell have the little goblin prepped for the flurry of slashes that is to come. The scorpion has two swings aimed at it, though the small knife may not be very intimidating.

So, did my attack roll hit or what? Am I supposed to roll that again?

Using Combat Expertise to add two to my AC which, combined with Haste, brings it up to 23.

I also forgot my Singleton +1 to damage last time, so it should have taken one point more.

Attack 1[roll0]
Damage 1[roll1]
Crit 1[roll2]
Crit Damage 1[roll3]

Attack 2[roll4]
Damage 2[roll5]
Crit 2[roll6]
Crit Damage 2[roll7]

Elaraiah
2013-11-16, 05:12 AM
OOC (all): Ok, I've got your previous readied actions and newly taken actions, but I've got to get a method of visually representing the combat grid. Please bear with me for a while so I can get things sorted out.

In hindsight, it may not have been a great idea to start a PbP campaign in a format I'm unfamiliar with while studying abroad in a country with a 17-hour time difference.

shugyosha
2013-12-13, 02:33 PM
occ:

Are we still on?

stack
2013-12-13, 06:58 PM
Very, very dead.