PDA

View Full Version : Help me build an invincible Princess

Morithias
2013-10-20, 03:02 AM
Okay I kind of have an idea for a sort of "Puzzle game" I want to try with a friend over skype.

I asked in a thread about sexism "how do you kidnap someone strong enough to beat you up?"

With trickery? Poison? Overwhelming them with numbers? That's how Superman, Batman, Hulk and Spider-Man get kidnapped every few months.

And that got me to thinking.

What if you built an entire campaign around trying to kidnap the princess because you need a princess for a dark ritual or something...only problem is that this princess is a combat goddess that wouldn't be out of place in the Tippyverse.

Basically defeating her is a puzzle. There's no way to kidnap her head on.

The problem? You're on the clock. She's actively seeking your tower, and if she finds it before you figure out a way to defeat her, it's game over man!

Spoiler is twist ending I plan to pull on him.

If he manages to defeat the princess and commit the dark ritual, the power of a dark being fuses with the princess and she becomes the "Dark Empress" and takes over the tower, in a Disgaea style joke ending. Google "Fuka's ending" if you want an example.

So I need ideas for a build that can solo an entire dungeon. Maybe something from Tome of Battle?

Sith_Happens
2013-10-20, 03:26 AM
Druid. The answer is always Druid.

bekeleven
2013-10-20, 03:33 AM
Druid. The answer is always Druid.

While Druid is the tier 1 class with power easiest to access and leverage, this does not necessarily make it the strongest in every situation.

...Until you add the prestiges, of course.

In all seriousness, divine caster is probably the quickest route to unlimited power. Is there a list of the ways for a druid to gain turn attempts?

NeoPhoenix0
2013-10-20, 03:43 AM
While Druid is the tier 1 class with power easiest to access and leverage, this does not necessarily make it the strongest in every situation.

...Until you add the prestiges, of course.

In all seriousness, divine caster is probably the quickest route to unlimited power. Is there a list of the ways for a druid to gain turn attempts?

It is pretty much agreed upon that the only way to significantly improve the druid is with planar shepherd.

Seriously, without making the druid not a druid, the only way to improve the druid to more than make up for lost features is with planar shepherd. The base druid is that good.

so adding any prestige to a druid other than planar shepherd will almost definitely drop the druids power level.

Arbane
2013-10-20, 03:45 AM
only problem is that this princess is a combat goddess that wouldn't be out of place in the Tippyverse.

If she's going to fit in in the Tippyverse, she's gotta be a caster :smalltongue:, but one who actually might condescend to enter combat personally. Maybe a Cleric?

Otherwise, high-level ToB class might be good. With the right kung-fu, she can be referred to as "Invincible Sword Princess". (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0HlLqilGcM)

bekeleven
2013-10-20, 04:12 AM
It is pretty much agreed upon that the only way to significantly improve the druid is with planar shepherd.

Seriously, without making the druid not a druid, the only way to improve the druid to more than make up for lost features is with planar shepherd. The base druid is that good.

so adding any prestige to a druid other than planar shepherd will almost definitely drop the druids power level.
Lion of Talisid, Arcane Heirophant and Moonspeaker make solid showings, as do a couple of others as dips.

Manly Man
2013-10-20, 04:18 AM
Otherwise, high-level ToB class might be good. With the right kung-fu, she can be referred to as "Invincible Sword Princess". (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0HlLqilGcM)

Be unfair and have her be a gestalt Warblade//Swordsage (have a look through here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187632) and make her an Arcane Swordsage if you'd like to really make her hard to get), then watch his face in horror as she slices through every last one of his plans like cold sashimi.

NeoPhoenix0
2013-10-20, 04:32 AM
Lion of Talisid, Arcane Heirophant and Moonspeaker make solid showings, as do a couple of others as dips.

I'll give you lion of talisid. It shuffles features around a bit, but doesn't take too much away. The biggest problem I see is that you slow down wild shape for a better animal companion, when wild shape is the more powerful and versatile ability.

Arcane heirophant is a bit of a trap when you consider the solo druid. You gain vast spellcasting with a far superior framework that mystic theurge, but you still give up a lot. Also, either you give up wild shape, or you have to give up 9th level arcane spells. because it doesn't grant wild shape, it only advances it. You end up with at least a little squishy theurge syndrome.

Moonspeaker just slows down your druidy goodness to boost your shifter powers. Not a cost effective deal.

In the end they are strong builds, but druid is still just a bit better. Most people consider the #1 druid build planar shepherd and the #2 build druid 20.

Epsilon Rose
2013-10-20, 04:38 AM
I just want to point out that, if he's at all competent, her stats shouldn't matter. After a certain point, you just start targeting their friends and family to use as blackmail and double agents.

bekeleven
2013-10-20, 04:54 AM
Arcane heirophant is a bit of a trap when you consider the solo druid. You gain vast spellcasting with a far superior framework that mystic theurge, but you still give up a lot. Also, either you give up wild shape, or you have to give up 9th level arcane spells. because it doesn't grant wild shape, it only advances it. You end up with at least a little squishy theurge syndrome.Illumian Druid 5/Wiz1, or Sanctum Spell, or any of the other EQ tricks are useful when taking Heirophant. It has the same general chassis as a theurge, yes, but the same loopholes as well.

Moonspeaker just slows down your druidy goodness to boost your shifter powers. Not a cost effective deal.
It gives:

monk-in-a-can bonuses (a bunch of small items that are inconsequential on their own but add up to decent things, such as energy resist/immunity, a few spells on your list, DR/Silver, etc.)
powerful summoning boosts (augment + free stackable extend + more)
Tons of shifting boosts, including a permanent stat increase that applies in wild shape, improved natural attack feat (Take a shifter form that grants claws, you can use this feat while wild shaped), and having your shifter trait perma-active.
Planar Ally and Gate spells on your spell list, although limited. I think you can still use alternate uses of gate unhindered.
Possibly not worth 4 levels of wild shape, but the permashifting and improved natural attack help offset it, and the extend summoning is a real winner.

Hangwind
2013-10-20, 07:19 AM
Another option would be to make her an Artificer. Not only does that allow her to be a spellcaster/fighter character (with the bane infusion), it would also allow her friends and family to have some amazing weapons to defend themselves.

Because while capturing a guard is easy, capturing a Warblade with fully maxed magical items is something entirely different.

Then the ritual gives her divine ranks and you have someone capable of creating artifacts.:smallbiggrin:

Still though, are you trying to make an origin for Nightmare Moon?

Darrin
2013-10-20, 09:03 AM
You make the Princess the BBEG who is secretly behind her own kidnapping, because she wants to complete the ritual to unleash the Dread Chthonian Ponies of Death (or whatever). It works because she allows it to happen. (She survives the ritual via Clone or Ice Assassin or some other super devious method.)

Now the PCs have really got problems. She just unleashed heck on Earth, and she's also a superparanoid Tippy wizard.

My advice: better go find some saruhks, guys.

XmonkTad
2013-10-20, 09:40 AM
No votes for StP Erudite?

My question is: do you want the princess to be invincible because she can't be taken in direct combat, because she can get away from any fight, or both? A god-princess could be pretty invincible just by hiding on a demiplane.

However, you could have the princess be a dragon. Hear me out: Draconomicon has information on running a campaign with dragons as the rulers of kingdoms. If you're playing a game with the PCs in the non-traditional role of being princess kidnappers, why not have monsters play a non-traditional role in the world too?

Hamste
2013-10-20, 10:10 AM
Have her be a beholder mage (never said what race so I assume Beholder is ok) urpriest who makes liberal use of craft contingent spell and the kingdoms money. If Beholder mage is bot ok there is always urpriest, Iot7V then fill the rest with what ever...actually even if Beholder Mage is ok you should stick Iot7V in.

Emperor Tippy
2013-10-20, 02:48 PM
A princess tends to be virtually limitless resources.

Start with a Psion 19/ Monk (with Kung Fu genius) 1. Now have a Spell to Power Erudite transfer pretty much every spell that you care to name (arcane or divine, via Wyrm wizard) to her, include Dweomer of Transference and have her persist it. This blocks Wish grabs of her.

Have her clothes or jewelry be Ice Assassins that she has made of great wyrm dragons and stuffed into that form and who have taken little things like Permanent Emanation: Selective (the princess) Antimagic Field.

That should be suitably difficult to capture.

(Un)Inspired
2013-10-20, 03:01 PM
Make your princess a wizard/rainbow servant. She'll have access to all the wizard spells and all cleric spells. That should make her a pretty tough nut to crack in terms of kidnapping.

Besides, growing rainbow wings is pretty solidly princess territory.

Wizard robes are basically just princess dresses right?... Right...?

Beardbarian
2013-10-20, 03:17 PM
Warblade 1/Wizard 5/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/X 6
Arcane power with maneuvres and the power to self-resurrect plus a little of gish

Craft (Cheese)
2013-10-20, 03:41 PM
Not my build, but this seems appropriate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280365).

Scow2
2013-10-21, 12:49 PM
I second Druid, if only for the resulting Spaceballs jokes: "I should have known she was Druish!"