PDA

View Full Version : Adom

MasterOfPsychic
2007-01-03, 09:54 AM
I am totaly sure there is at least a fan or two of ADoM here?

For those of you who don't know, ADOM is one of the best (if not the best) roguelike game ever.

[Read Wikipedia Article] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adom)

If there are any fans out there, please pop up here :smallbiggrin:

Shadowdweller
2007-01-03, 04:17 PM
I've put in my fair share of hours at that game. At the moment, though, I'm more into Crawl (another roguelike). ADOM games just get too similar after a while.

JellyPooga
2007-01-06, 11:26 AM
Hello, I've been playing ADOM for years now. For a while I really hated the fact that you couldn't save the game...as games go it just seems to hard to get anywhere without dying even once. Then I discovered 'save-scumming' (I believe it's called) and got a hell of a lot more enjoyment out of it. Never completed it though...

Enoxice
2007-01-06, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I've played ADoM. I spend most of my time with Nethack, though.

I love roguelikes...

Lapak
2007-01-12, 12:01 PM
Hello, I've been playing ADOM for years now. For a while I really hated the fact that you couldn't save the game...as games go it just seems to hard to get anywhere without dying even once. Then I discovered 'save-scumming' (I believe it's called) and got a hell of a lot more enjoyment out of it. Never completed it though...You're more likely to complete it if you stop save-scumming. Using save-scumming ends up teaching you bad habits instead of the basic survival habits you need to avoid death; sooner or later you end up saved in a situation of inescapable doom. :)

On the one hand, the permadeath is frustrating when you've gotten a character up and running only to lose them after hours of play; on the other hand, I really enjoy the feeling of real risk being involved with adventuring.

(I've played a lot of ADOM. Eight regular victories and one ultimate victory so far.)

It's nice to see mentioned! I think it's a very solid game with an unusually steep (possibly unfortunately steep) learning curve.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-01-14, 10:40 AM
I just discovered Crawl and it is great. I'm a lvl 3 centuar hunter.