PDA

View Full Version : Unable to "View all posts by this user" on self?

alchmst1259
2013-10-20, 10:14 AM
Trying to find a reference I made a couple of months ago, so I went to my account profile and clicked that link to "see all posts by this user." When I do, I get told I don't have permission. Is there any way to work around this?

Edit: Nvm, found other threads on this issue. Bummed that the search is off but nothing I can do about it, eh?

Renegade Paladin
2013-10-20, 10:41 AM
Use Google, put in the string "site:http://giantitp.com/forums", and then your username and anything you know is in the post you're looking for.

Rockphed
2013-10-20, 10:43 AM
That function uses the search function, which was disabled. As memory serves, it was disabled after an update to the forum that was supposed to take a couple hours took 3 days and would have taken as much longer if the search index had been updated with the rest of the forum.

Nobody is quite as put out about this as the mods, since it removes their ability to remove all posts and threads by user when a spam-bot gets through.

edit: All this means, as renegade paladin says, you should use an external search engine to find your posts.

Alternatively, if you just want to find threads you post in, check the box in the User Control Panel that subscribes you to threads you post in. Then it keeps a record, and updates when there are new posts in those threads.

alchmst1259
2013-10-20, 11:22 AM
Yeah I found what I was looking for with just "Giantitp Alchmst1259" in google. Realized I was being an idiot.

Roland St. Jude
2013-10-20, 11:22 AM
Sheriff: Well-said. Thread locked.