PDA

View Full Version : Possessed doll

YPU
2007-01-03, 10:51 AM
Something just hit me, as far as i know, warforged can get the Fiendish Heritage feats. Would that make them infernal machines? Possessed dolls? Or what?

pestilenceawaits
2007-01-03, 10:58 AM
Interesting idea. I would say that somehow fiendish energies were bound to them during creation maybe an outsider seeking a way into this world bound part of their essence to them. I don't play ebberon so I can't check if it is possible but it would be cool.

danielf
2007-01-03, 11:17 AM
chucky? heheheh

Dragonmuncher
2007-01-03, 01:56 PM
If they can get them, then you can say that they were part of an experiment to infuse new Warforged with fiendish energies. Simple enough.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-03, 02:04 PM
One of the many reasons I dislike warforged is their ability to take feats and the like which no mechanically based creature could have.

In this instance theres no problem, they were just infused with the stuff as mentioned, but there are so many feats that they shouldn't be allowed...

Fax Celestis
2007-01-03, 02:24 PM
Like what, Hostile Mind? Poison Resistance? Disease Immunity? Yeah. There's a few problems there.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-03, 02:37 PM
The Deformity feats come to mind as being some of the worst. A warforged, which probably has regular 'repairs' done anyways can now sharpen his little mouth pieces for a bite attack and this is evil?

Or maybe one decides its going to stuff itself full of food and become gluttonously obese.

Or maybe it decides to rough up its outter alloys and gain callouses to improve its AC.

Bears With Lasers
2007-01-03, 02:38 PM
One of the many reasons I dislike warforged is their ability to take feats and the like which no mechanically based creature could have.

In this instance theres no problem, they were just infused with the stuff as mentioned, but there are so many feats that they shouldn't be allowed...

Actually, justifying it usually makes it MORE awesome. Like Dragon Disciple--doesn't work, right? Well, if it's a Warforged who is slowly building themselves to look more like a (mechanical/clockwork) dragon, it does, and is pretty awesome.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-03, 02:43 PM
Justify those Deformity feats and I'll give you the VT Award for Extreme Cheesiness Cleverness.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-03, 02:50 PM
Justify those Deformity feats and I'll give you the VT Award for Extreme Cheesiness Cleverness.

Well I don't know much about warforged, but a robot (which I believe they are) that makes himself a mouth for the sole purpose of biting people with sharpened teeth seems pretty evil to me...

Pegasos989
2007-01-03, 02:54 PM

I do not know those feats but those sounded like it would be x to lose y for z? Could it just not have been built with more concentration on z and less for y?

Bears With Lasers
2007-01-03, 03:00 PM

The Warforged twists and alters its own shape, going outside of its intended design; it files its jaws, adds extra reach and joints to its limbs, and pads out its bulk with waste materials until it is a grotesque moquery of the powerful armored warrior-construct it once was.
It does so in service to dark powers, and to make itself look less like humanity, for which it bears a deep grudge and secret loathing.

pestilenceawaits
2007-01-03, 03:07 PM

The obesity vile feat reminded me of Mojo an X-men villain except he is a cyborg. I agree that some of those feats are kind of cheesy for constructs. but I liked the idea of a warforged dragon disciple turning into a clockwork dragon I guess the same could be said of the other body modification feats they just twist themselves and infuse themselves with dark energy to gain access to the feats.

Bears With Lasers
2007-01-03, 03:16 PM
Yeah, for Obesity, another version is that the Warforged soaks up some kind of dark energy (don't you love "energy"? It's almost as ridiculous as "force") and the wood of its body becomes swollen, like it does when wet, basically.

Edit: and the "robot filing its teeth" thing reminds me of Nextwave. Ahh, Nextwave.
"I could make you pregnant."
"Not from over there you couldn't, clanky."
"I am full of very useful devices."

AtomicKitKat
2007-01-04, 02:44 AM
Don't forget that he can also remove "excess" bulk from his internal wood-masses, to become a better escape artist. :P

oriong
2007-01-04, 03:11 AM
I think the main problem is that the 'core' themes of the deformity feats have no meaning for warforged.

Sure, a warfored could stuff itself with junk (in theory, it might not be actually possible considering they're no more able to modify their body than a normal human. A warforged attempting to perform major mechanical change his arm is going to be in just as much trouble as a human is if he attempts self-surgury).

However, the whole point of the Obesity thing is that it involves the sin of gluttony: overconsumption and digusting waste for the sake of a carnal pleasure. Considering I don't believe warforged eat at all, and even if they do I'm not sure they have a sense of taste, they can't be 'gluttons'. They would presumably not gain weight or anything. At best they could mimic the effects of obesity through (theoretical) body modifications...which makes the thing seem silly rather than grotesque.

And doing things like filing down teeth and so on is bodily mutilation: causing pain and inflicting damage upon yourself in the name of a dark power. When a warforged's 'skin' is a shell of dead metal it doesn't have quite the same impact. Heck, I'm pretty sure there's already a feat or something similar that grants a warforged a bite attack, there's certainly nothing evil in it (making your teeth sharp to bite people isn't any more nasty that putting spikes all over your body to stab people)

YPU
2007-01-04, 01:53 PM
I am quite sure that a warforged can modify his own body with something like selfsurgeoning after al he can repair himself with the craft skill.
The feat for the bite attack is called “yaws of death” if I remember right. Apparently the makers thought it was indeed quite scary if a warforged filed hit teeth. still a prety lame name for a 1d4 half strenght atack.