PDA

View Full Version : Shadowing the Run

Krunchbyte
2013-10-20, 02:34 PM
It's that time again. For one reason or another you have all gathered for another run. Some of you are here for the money, others just are looking for the rush. No matter the reason, you find yourselves in the oh so familiar meeting room in the back of your favorite pub. Sound proof and secure, you know that whatever is discussed in this room, will stay in this room.

Right at the agreed time, a suave looking elf in a suit walks in. Gentlemen. Mam. On the east end of town there is a factory that is getting ready to ship out their initial test run of a new energy bar. It will be shipping out in two days. The company that I represent is two weeks behind and would like for you to remedy this.

He pulls 4 vials from his suit and hands them to each of you.

If you pour one of these into each of their holding tanks, it will dissolve the binding agent. It is much harder to market an energy mush, than an energy bar. I would need this taken care of tomorrow night. Should you accept this job I shall wire each of you 1,000 dollars, and another 10,000 upon completion. Do we have deal?

Resden Harl
2013-10-20, 02:46 PM
Frank was leaning back in his chair, listening to the spiel from the guy. Sounds like an easy enough job.

"Who are we hitting exactly? And whats the address? Security situation?"

Krunchbyte
2013-10-20, 03:15 PM
"The company is Texcoco. They are a late comer to the food business, but have been muscling their way into every branch. The address is in the dossier I will give you upon your acceptance. As for the security, it is my understanding that they have some well armed and trained personnel as well as some rather strong digital security. This should not pose a problem to a good hacker though."

Abby Normal
2013-10-24, 02:53 AM
"Sounds like this job won't be difficult then and the pay's not too bad either. I'm in if everyone else is on board."

Krunchbyte
2013-10-24, 10:23 AM
The elf looks around the room waiting for more.

"Well, I will take your silence as acceptance. Here is a dossier to look over." He transfers a digital copy to each of you. "This job needs to be completed tomorrow night, so you have a day to prepare. I will wire you the rest of the money as soon as we can confirm you have completed the job."

He gives you each a nod, and leaves the room.

Within the dossier you find the usual information. Address, a blueprint, and some basic information on what you may be up against. It seems that most of the perimeter is guarded by automated drones and security cameras. Inside there are a lot more cameras, a few more drones, and 8 Securatec operatives.

Securatec are military trained security personnel. They are trained in the use of pistols and submachine guns. Armor is the standard, armored vest, just like most of you are wearing. It will soften a shotgun blast pretty well, but wont do much for high caliber rounds or precise melee attacks.

Resden Harl
2013-10-27, 10:43 AM
Frank takes a quick look at the dossier, and decides to do some research into the corporation. He heads to their website and begins to look around.

Im assuming I just roll my hacking d6's and hope for the best?
[roll0]

1 fail, 4 success, 3 success total

Krunchbyte
2013-10-27, 11:58 AM
After some snooping around Texcoco's files you find some interesting information. Another group of Shadowrunners hit them a week ago. They were unsuccessful, but Texcoco has increased their security since that attack. Fortuitously, it seems that your employer was aware of this, so the dossier matches up with the the current employment register. What this does mean though this that they will be expecting something.

The other thing you found was a recent build order for a fifth holding container. You only have 4 vials of the dissolving agent, and you do not have time to go get a chemist to make you another one.

Grim1929
2013-10-27, 10:47 PM
Well, one more container is not going to be much of a problem. I for one am not much for subtlety so the guards are not exactly going to be alive to report on what they saw. Blown up energy bars are just as useless as mushy ones. Icobad smiles a toothy grin which most find slightly unsettling.

The Bigger Kid
2013-10-28, 12:42 AM
Hmm. 11,000 nuyen could buy a lot of shiny. And you LOVE shiny! Oh and burritos! Imagine all the burritos. Mmmmmm...

"CUPCAKES!!...err.. Ahem.

Damnit man, pull it together.

Let me clarify. Frank, since you're already looking into the company we're screwing over perhaps you could find some blueprints of the building. During my last few missions we had a guy that was obsessed with rope. I mean like, damn, the guy had enough rope for a great Friday night if yah know what I mean."

Keep it stupid, simple.

"Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is if the building has some point of entry through the roof we Mission Impossible the hell out of this place. Sling our way down above the security guards, slit their throats, throw a few shurikens for good measure, wire the place up and KABLAMMM! EXPLOSIONS! And we can all yell 'Death from above!' "

This is gonna be a fun time.

"Thus Operation Cupcake was born. Thank you, thank you, you may hold your applause. Or we could go the boring route and just dump the vials in."

But...but...what about the explosions?

"Does anyone else smell Mexican food? Bartender!..."

Vark
2013-10-28, 01:58 AM
Mmm. They didn't happen to mention anything about subtlety, did they?
No?
Then this ought to be good. . .

Muttering to himself:
What kind of talent have we got here. . .
Looks around room

Resden Harl
2013-10-28, 11:51 AM
"Let me clarify. Frank, since you're already looking into the company we're screwing over perhaps you could find some blueprints of the building. During my last few missions we had a guy that was obsessed with rope. I mean like, damn, the guy had enough rope for a great Friday night if yah know what I mean."

"Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is if the building has some point of entry through the roof we Mission Impossible the hell out of this place. Sling our way down above the security guards, slit their throats, throw a few shurikens for good measure, wire the place up and KABLAMMM! EXPLOSIONS! And we can all yell 'Death from above!' "

"Thus Operation Cupcake was born. Thank you, thank you, you may hold your applause. Or we could go the boring route and just dump the vials in."

What the heck is he talking about? I gotta look into upping his meds...

Turning back to his work Frank says "Well explosions are an option, but that draws a lot of attention to us in the long run. And unless I can get in and steal the camera footage or we knock the cameras out beforehand, I just see the explosions leading to a massive X over our heads. Let me see if I can get those blueprints, and maybe even a general idea of the security camera lay out, or possibly the guards patrol routes."

As mentioned, my focus is blueprints, then cameras, then routes. I know I'm hacking over the net so if I feel like they are tracking back to me when I get to the cameras, I'll sever the connection. Blueprints shouldn't be too hard..

[roll0]

Krunchbyte
2013-10-28, 04:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VmOrGID.png
The walls are reinforced concrete and steel. It will take more than general explosives to make a dent in these walls. The cameras do not show up on this blueprint. You should be able to hack into their systems when you are a block away to get a more information.

The Bigger Kid
2013-10-28, 06:01 PM
Mouth still full from the delicious treat that is a burrito, "Hey Franky, mind sending us whatever you find when you're done over there? It'd be greatly appreciated."

Nom nom nom...

"As far as I see it, we have two days until the product is shipped. Perhaps we spend tonight staking out the place. I have a great pair of binoculars that I use for...uh....bird watching! Yes, bird watching! Then once we've got enough intel on the place we can formulate a more in depth plan, hopefully one that involves explosions, and the next night we can strike.

You sure are amazing! So brilliant. And totally handsome.

"All in favor?"

Vark
2013-10-28, 09:08 PM
I like the idea of scouting the place out.

And Frank, is it? My name is Cruben Fletcher and I burn down churches in my spare time. Explosions should not be a problem.

Grim1929
2013-10-28, 11:20 PM
Icobad smiles inwardly at his companions' joy at explosions. He too enjoys explosions and has since an early age. Icobad will never forget that time he blew up the septic tank at his elementary school. Yeah, last weekend was great.

I don't really think blowing the place up is going to grab much more attention in the new than "10 guards killed in freak gunshot wound accident". I mean, that is like, something you find on the 4th or 5th page of the newspaper these days. And by newspaper I mean news feed....on...like....technology and stuff....shut up, I'm not old...

*slowly cries his sorrows away*

Anyways, I think we should gather our gear and get a block or two away and hack into the security system, see what we are up against as far as surveillance goes. I am all for blowing stuff up, but I prefer to do so in a way that involves as few holes being added to my body as possible. Well, except that one time in Ecuador. Man, 3rd grade was awesome!

Krunchbyte
2013-10-28, 11:59 PM
I figured that I should jump in and say something about the world real quick, as most of you have little to no exposure to Shadowrun. Killing 10 guards and ruining a shipment is considered corporate terrorism and is rather normal and fair play. Destroying a factory and drawing unneeded attention to underground operations would be considered corporate warfare. Kicking off a corp war without being told to is a great way to not get paid and to have a hit squad come after you from both parties involved, and make you effectively unemployable. Just something to keep in mind.

Resden Harl
2013-10-29, 09:32 AM
I figured that I should jump in and say something about the world real quick, as most of you have little to no exposure to Shadowrun. Killing 10 guards and ruining a shipment is considered corporate terrorism and is rather normal and fair play. Destroying a factory and drawing unneeded attention to underground operations would be considered corporate warfare. Kicking off a corp war without being told to is a great way to not get paid and to have a hit squad come after you from both parties involved, and make you effectively unemployable. Just something to keep in mind.

Thank you for helping be the voice of reason :smallwink:

Frank gets into the blueprints, and makes sure everyone gets a copy.

"It looks like a simple enough one story structure. It seems to be heavily reinforced concrete, and I can't quite tell what the machinery there is. There is the fifth tank we weren't told about, we may need to think of another way of getting rid of that sludge. That may be the one thing we can blow a hole into the side of, wasting the fluid. I'd rather do this as quietly as possible, The less attention the better. Can't spend the money if we are to busy running. Or dead. Dead is a bad thing.

I am also a big fan of scouting out before hand. If I could get in this far from here, getting in from nearby shouldn't be a problem."

"Any other thoughts?"

By the way if words are in italics they are considered to be your personal thoughts. Of course we can read them, but assume your character has no knowledge of what was said

Abby Normal
2013-10-30, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the blueprints Frank.

Rhasta takes a deep swig from her flask and ponders the blueprints.

I myself prefer subtler approaches than blowing things sky high. Plus, none of us will end up dead or on the run after this particular mission. Since I am a shaman, I can use magic to help take out the guards and heal anyone should they be unfortunate enough to get hit. I say we do surveillance of the place tonight and hit it tomorrow night, but we should try to be as low-profile as possible. Blow up the fifth tank if you want, but we don't need to leave the place looking like an illegal Chinese fireworks factory exploded.

Krunchbyte
2013-11-01, 11:33 PM
As you drive up to the warehouse you notice that there are guards all over the perimeter. After observing for a time you are able to map out their patrols. The guards seem to switch sides of the building, rotating in a clockwise manner, every hour, until they reach the side with the bay door. After their stint on this side they retire to the building next door.

http://i.imgur.com/pbvPQ3n.png
The red lines are the patrol routes used by the guards. The dots are stationary guards.

Grim1929
2013-11-02, 03:07 PM
I have a plan guys! Myself and one other can shoot up the back of the building, drawing their attention that way. The others can then enter through the front once all attention is on us. I shall be shooting from a ways out since I am your all around go-to guy for sniping! yeah! they will bask in my brilliant plan and believe I am an all powerful shooty guy!

Icobad smiles in such a way that you question his sanity....

Resden Harl
2013-11-03, 11:10 AM
Well I guess that is a plan of sorts.. thinks Frank, as he starts to attempt to hack into their system.

Let's see how the online security is.

[roll0]

Krunchbyte
2013-11-04, 05:13 PM
The online security here is laughable. You are into their systems within 2 minutes. You now have access to the cameras now. Unfortunately there are no cameras in the guard house.

http://i.imgur.com/pNeK3Ta.png

The green dots are cameras on a swivel post. The blue lines are the automated defense drone's routs. The second building is the guards barracks.

Resden Harl
2013-11-05, 09:31 AM
Frank sends the maps and info to everyone.

"Alright everyone take a look at this and tell me what you think."

Hmm maybe I could... and then we can hit there... I wonder what kind of drones they are, maybe do some research on what I pulled out of their system.

How big is the guard house, and do I need to try and hack into anywhere to get information on the drones or a simple web search will cover it?

Krunchbyte
2013-11-05, 11:38 AM
You were able to get the information you need on the drones from the cameras. They have inferred vision and an inbuilt AK. From your experience, they are not very accurate, but if they spot you they will sound the alarm. If you are able to get within 40 feet of them, you should be able to hack them.

The guard barracks is a two story building that is the same size as the factory. At one point it was probably an office building at one point, but it's pretty obvious by the steel plates over the window, it no longer is.

Resden Harl
2013-11-07, 03:52 PM
Well this idea is slightly crazy. Which means it should be right up everyone's alley.

"Alright guys, here's my plan...

Part one: Cover
There is an abandoned warehouse on the north side of the factory. Chad (I forgot your characters name I sorry), think you can set up there with your hunting rifle, and cover the door to the guard house? Take out any bad guy who attempts to go in or out of there, when the shooting starts.

I may need a hand, but I will position myself on the roof above the factory. It looks like there are some AC units I can hide behind, while I do my hacking to take care of those drones and the cameras/alarms that will go off.

We need some explosives. I want trip mines set up leading up to our snipers cover spot, to prevent him from being sneakily flanked. I'll set some up on my side to help protect me as well. Both roof tops will have rappelling equipment set up, in case we need to make a quick escape, we should be able to buy all that easily.

Part two: Entrance
When myself and our sniper are in position, you other three will be on the ground floor. Ninja boy (Alan), I want you to take out the guards as quietly and quickly as possible. I'll let you know which guard to hit and when. Jason (again don't know characters name) I want you helping him out as he needs. Quick and quiet. Anna (magic person guy) you will provide what every you can to help them. Once the outside is clear, position yourselves by the the entrance as far as possible from the guard house. When I give the signal you should all be able to sneak in without issue. I plan on using the drones against the guards. While they are distracted with that, you three get those tubes into the vats however you can, and then set up a small charge on the fifth container. As you are leaving, hit the charge. Hopefully the tank ruptures, spilling everywhere, covering our escape.

part three: Escape
With any luck, the guards will be too distracted by the guns and ruptured tank to give chase. I can set up a pick up if we need to, but I'd rather save the favor and money. Chad and me can rappell down if need be, but Chad if you have time take any unexploded mines with you.

Questions?

Vark
2013-11-07, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a plan!

The Bigger Kid
2013-11-08, 02:50 AM
Ninja Boy?! Did he just call us Ninja Boy?! ...Yeah I think he did. ...Well it's a good thing we always smell burritos around this guy or we'd haveta kill him. Mmmmm.

Ninja Boy jumps in and out of the bushes wearing a hot pink tutu.

"I can be a pretty girl too you know!" While ripping off the tutu, "But seriously, call me Ninja Boy again and I'll cut you from head to other head. Today you may call me..."

Ninja Boy jumps in and out of the bushes again, this time jumping out wearing a well tailored black and white suit.

"...Today you may call me Agent K, Ninja Assassin Extraordinaire! I'm also good with aliens!"

Wow, we sure do know how to bring the style. I think we clean up better than the great Ron Burgundy himself!

Agent K partially unsheathes the katana on his back and reveals the shurikens tucked away under his jacket.

"I love me some explosions but I'm well versed in the arts of the silent kill. Looks like you gave me the right position. There's no way this can go wrong!"

What're you talking about? There are tons of ways this could go wrong you moron! What if we have a brain aneurysm? Or there's a worm hole and dinosaurs come running out and it's all like 'PEW PEW RAAAWWWRRR AHHHHH DON'T EAT ME!' Cause you know, it's not like that'd be the first time something crazy like that has happened.....Oooh shiny!

Abby Normal
2013-11-08, 04:17 AM
That plan sounds reasonable enough to me. I'll focus on helping take out the guards though since my spells are useless against inanimate objects.

Rhasta points at Cruben and Agent K

You two can go first though since you seem better equipped for melee and I'd prefer to avoid clobbering guards over the head with my ceremonial staff since I don't think it would be all that effective.

Resden Harl
2013-11-08, 12:20 PM
...Today you may call me Agent K, Ninja Assassin Extraordinaire! I'm also good with aliens!"

Frank sighs. Why do I always get the crazy ones on my team?

Turning to Agent K, "Agent K it is then. Can I trust you and Cruben to go get the right explosives and climbing equipment we need? Get as many mines as you need, we need at least 6. Plus see what you can find that would blow that hole in the 5th tank. You three will need to figure out how to get the 4 tubes into the vats as well, it looks like you can throw them into it, so maybe find a plastic that would decompose when exposed to the liquid in the tank? Or maybe a small timed charge to detonate the vial. Our back up plan is to detonate all 5 tanks, but I'd rather not if we didn't need too."

That plan sounds reasonable enough to me. I'll focus on helping take out the guards though since my spells are useless against inanimate objects.

Rhasta points at Cruben and Agent K

You two can go first though since you seem better equipped for melee and I'd prefer to avoid clobbering guards over the head with my ceremonial staff since I don't think it would be all that effective.

Yeah I figured you would be more of a ranged helper, I don't think you need to get involved in the melee.

"If there is no more questions, lets go round up our supplies and get ready to hit them tomorrow night."

Grim1929
2013-11-08, 08:27 PM
I like plan. Sad me no think of plan. Me go "pew pew pew" all night long at bad guy things.

Icobad shakes his head, bringing his eyes back into focus.

Right, I shall stay up top and shoot anything that moves that is not one of us....or a drone on our side. You shall all be covered or my name is not Harmful If Swallowed!

Icobad looks on in slight confusion, then smiles. yeah, this guy is definitely not all there.

Abby Normal
2013-11-08, 09:10 PM
Glad that's settled then.

Cruben, you've been pretty vague about yourself and your abilities. Care to share what it is exactly that you're capable of?

Krunchbyte
2013-11-09, 01:51 AM
Can everyone go over their skills real quick? We know who Agent K is and what he does now, so your good, but everyone else has only been vaguely introduced. Sorry to slow the game down, but everyone should know what each of you is capable of or this could get ugly.

Resden Harl
2013-11-10, 10:58 AM
Frank
Frank is a 23 year old hacker from the paradise that is Detroit. He learned his driving and hacking skills there, evading and hacking pursuers while on the drive to survive his teenage years. He is 5'7'', of mixed black/asian descent, with little to no mental handicap. In fact, he feels he is at least somewhat intelligent, and attractive to boot... ladies

Abby Normal
2013-11-11, 11:08 PM
My character has two damage spells, Mana Bolt and Mana Ball. They both do mana damage and affect only living things, but Mana Bolt is a single target spell while Mana Ball is a AOE. I also can heal, but it is harder for me to heal implant characters (Sorry Jason, Alan, and Chad!). I also have the spell Increase Reflexes, which can increase reflexes and reflex passes by +1/+1 per each hit rolled but maxes out at +4/+4.

Vark
2013-11-13, 01:30 AM
Cruben stands to his full height of 5 feet and crosses his cyber-arms in front of his body.

I am the usher, bouncer, and hired muscle at my church. I specialize in banishing daemons and spirits with these fists.
He raises a hand, light glinting off the cross on his knuckles.

However, the church benefits from income from. . .other sources. This will not be the first time I have assaulted company property for money.

Krunchbyte
2013-11-15, 11:59 AM
I'm posting for Icabad. I'm not sure on back story or personality, so here is his skill set. Icabad is a dual wielding pistol master with some ability to use a riffles. Although pistols are his specialty, his hunting riffle is LOUD but can really put someone down.

Krunchbyte
2013-11-15, 12:25 PM
Having been fully updated on each of your skill sets, you head off to your mission. Once you reach the target you check to make sure that everything is still as you left it, and it is. Everything looks like it will go according to plan, what could go wrong . . .

Resden Harl
2013-11-18, 01:50 PM
Having been fully updated on each of your skill sets, you head off to your mission. Once you reach the target you check to make sure that everything is still as you left it, and it is. Everything looks like it will go according to plan, what could go wrong . . .

Well lets get started...

Turning to everyone, gathered on the roof of the abandoned warehouse, frank says "Alright lets do this. Icabad, find a spot you like that covers the door to the guard house. You other three, help me jump across to the other roof. I should be able to make it myself, but a little extra push can't hurt."

Can anna's spell be used to boost my jump check or whatever its called? and does she have a limit about how much she can cast it?

"After we get me over, I'll set up my mines to cover me. You three set up the mines to cover Icabads back. Icabad, set up your rapelling equipment on a corner where it wont be easily noticed, I'll do the same. Everyone else, get down to the corner we talked about. I'll patch in when I have everything set up."

What rolls do I need to make?

Krunchbyte
2013-11-19, 12:41 PM
Aaron, if you make a running jump you will roll 5d6 to attempt to make the jump. Sorry, you are not that athletic. Jason and Alan can help you though. They can attempt to throw you as you jump. Jason will roll 6d6 and Alan will roll 5d6 to help. Each hit they get will give Aaron another die.

Vark
2013-11-20, 01:40 PM
Right, then. Let's give this a try.

[roll0]

The Bigger Kid
2013-11-20, 02:03 PM
"Oooooo! Kick the baby!"

[roll0]

Vark
2013-11-20, 02:15 PM
. . .aww crap.

Resden Harl
2013-11-20, 02:25 PM
Ignore the previous post, I rolled wrong. Ill delete it shortly
[roll0]

I swear to god if they screw this up... wait what babyyyyyy

Krunchbyte
2013-11-20, 04:15 PM
Frank flies through the air with the greatest of ease, owing to the aid of Agent K and Cruben, and lands rather gracefully, for a hacker. You make a quick check to make sure none of your gear was damaged, none was.

Resden Harl
2013-11-20, 06:15 PM
Frank flies through the air with the greatest of ease, owing to the aid of Agent K and Cruben, and lands rather gracefully, for a hacker. You make a quick check to make sure none of your gear was damaged, none was.

Alright. Good good.

Frank keys into their communication system and says "Alright lets get to work. Icobod, set up your sniper spot and rappelling gear. Everyone else, start heading down stairs and set up those mines to cover Icobods flank."

Not waiting for a response, frank walks quickly and quietly over to the door that leads up to the roof. He sets up his mines and...

For GM
I also want mines set up, so that if they want to get at me in my hiding spot (behind an AC unit, in view of icobod) I'll know they are coming to me. After getting set up, going to start hacking into their systems. Want me to roll now, Ray?

For party members
Remember to post what you guys are doing, head to the hiding spot. I'm not sure what you need to roll if anything, ask Ray

Krunchbyte
2013-11-24, 04:54 PM
If you want to you can go ahead and roll a hacking test to get into the security drones. You already have access to the cameras, you should probably monitor that so that you can let people know if something goes pear shaped.

Vark
2013-11-24, 05:13 PM
"Can I trust you and Cruben to go get the right explosives and climbing equipment we need? Get as many mines as you need, we need at least 6. Plus see what you can find that would blow that hole in the 5th tank. You three will need to figure out how to get the 4 tubes into the vats as well, it looks like you can throw them into it, so maybe find a plastic that would decompose when exposed to the liquid in the tank? Or maybe a small timed charge to detonate the vial. Our back up plan is to detonate all 5 tanks, but I'd rather not if we didn't need too." - Frank

I totally spaced it on this one.

Team, how much of this did we want to do? GM permitting, I'd like to do some of it.

Abby Normal
2013-11-24, 05:14 PM
I suppose I should do something useful. Icabad, I'll cast Increase Reflexes on you.

[roll0]

Rhasta then proceeds to cast the same spell on herself.

[roll1]

For GM
I'm using my focus on Icabad

Krunchbyte
2013-11-24, 05:21 PM
JasonNot sure what you are asking Jason. I'm going to assume that one of you has some sort of explosive to detonate the fifth tank and probably enough backup that should you have too, can blow all the tanks. If you want to get something else feel free to let me know and you can probably have it. This has been a bit rushed.

Chad and AnnaAnna's spell has increased both of your initiatives and initiative passes, we'll go into what that is next week when I can write it up on the out of character thread. Anna, you will have +3 to both, so that's 4 initiative passes and 9d6 for initiative. Chad, you get +3 to both as well, so now you have 4 initiative passes (4 is the max), and 9d6 initiative as well.

Grim1929
2013-11-24, 09:39 PM
Alright team! Sorry for just staring off into space there for a bit...remember, drugs are back mmkay?

Icobad searches out a spot that will give him the best cover possible with the best line of sight to shoot anything that may give his team some trouble. He sets up his repelling gear and a few plastic explosives in strategic locations that will not kill him. He takes position and looks down the sight of his rifle.

In position.

The Bigger Kid
2013-11-28, 06:50 PM
With everyone else set up Agent K leaves for his post. As he gets several meters away he pops a squat and drops a mine.

"Can anyone say 'EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA?!"

Agent K then turns to the shadows and readies his shuriken while waiting patiently for the word to strike.

Resden Harl
2013-12-01, 01:53 PM
apologies, was at my gfs parents for the holiday am posting on mobile right now

Frank waits for every one to get into place and ready. He double checks his mines, then gets to hacking.

[roll0]

Krunchbyte
2013-12-02, 12:38 AM
Frank

You get into the drones systems. It was not as easy as you had expected and there was a minor hiccup that could have been detected, but no alarms went off and no guards seem to be moving on the cameras.

Agent K, Rhasta, Cruben

You are in place and ready to begin the mission. Everything looks just how it should.

Icobad
As you settle down into your position and scan the area, nothing seems out of the ordinary. Everything seems quite and right, which is never good.

Resden Harl
2013-12-03, 09:56 AM
DM

Do I need to keep rolling to do anything with the drones or cameras? Ill roll right now just in case, otherwise on with the narrative. If no more hacking rolls are needed at this time, disregard me then.
[roll0]

Whew that was a bit close. Looks like we are good to start.

Frank navigates to the cameras, and sets the ones on the outside to start recording. After 5 or so minutes, he loops back the recording to allay suspicion. One minute after that, if nothing indicates the guards are reacting to his movements, he clicks on his comm:

All right guys, we are good to go. Hit the guards you can see quickly and quietly. Key me in when your done. Make sure to move the bodies back to the alley, or use them as bait if you prefer. I don't care how you do it, just don't get caught.

When that starts, Frank keys into the guards communications. He will keep an eye on the cameras, and when he sees the fighting start he will cut the radios for the guards under attack/scramble them.

DM
Do I have to roll some sort of check to see any guards move on the other cameras, as if they are heading to the fight?

Krunchbyte
2013-12-03, 12:09 PM
Frank
You do not need to make any more rolls right now. For now you have complete control of the drones and cameras, as well as access to the guards comms. It should not be hard for you to disrupt them when one of them goes down, so I wont make you roll for that.

Secret roll
Pretty secret huh? Just like me rolling behind a a screen! Or for people who have played with me, in another room. [roll0]

Resden Harl
2013-12-03, 04:02 PM
You don't need to post your rolls Ray in any way. You could just roll them on your desktop if you so desire, thats the nice thing about being a DM on PBP no chance of the players knowing what you are doing.

All right. Get started you three.