PDA

View Full Version : Help with Healer class 3.5

littleskrofa
2013-10-20, 03:30 PM
So i play on a campaign and i have a healer(the class).It has just started and i was wondering if anyone can help me with a full healer built(feats/armors/equip/spells. Etc.)i am lvl 1 and the party has 1.dwarven defender.2 rogue.3sorc.It will be a difficult campaign as the dm keep mentioning the word HARDCORE.Thx in advance :smallsmile:

Gavinfoxx
2013-10-20, 03:33 PM
How are you level 1 with a dwarven defender -- a prestige class -- in the party?

And why exactly do you want to play a super weak class that is basically an NPC class in all but name?

Juntao112
2013-10-20, 03:40 PM
So i play on a campaign and i have a healer(the class).It has just started and i was wondering if anyone can help me with a full healer built(feats/armors/equip/spells. Etc.)i am lvl 1 and the party has 1.dwarven defender.2 rogue.3sorc.It will be a difficult campaign as the dm keep mentioning the word HARDCORE.Thx in advance :smallsmile:
You should probably pick a cleric. They're great at healing.

Captnq
2013-10-20, 03:41 PM
Sure I can help.

Step 1. Find a Dragon.

Step 2. Flip him off.

Step 3. Get eaten and die.

Step 4. ???

Step 5 Profit.

Seriously. A healer doesn't do what it's supposed to do. It sucks at healing. A cleric is better at healing. A druid is better at healing. I could make a Rogue better at healing. I could make a commoner better at healing.

But, you want to play a healer... so be it.
Lets start with Google.

Google "d20 Healer Handbook"

You will find THIS (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8757.msg139776#msg139776)

If you want spells, go to HERE (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=5044.msg72093#msg72093) and download The Spell Book. It has the most up to date list of spells allowed for the Healer class. You are going to need it.

Gavinfoxx
2013-10-20, 03:43 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2710

You should read that...

Captnq
2013-10-20, 03:47 PM
Oh, and my thread on every possible healing spell you could possibly cast.

Conjuration (Healing), Hit Points, and You. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4829.msg68340#msg68340)

Captnq
2013-10-20, 04:19 PM
Oh. TOTALLY beg your DM to allow sanctified spells. You are a divine spellcaster, so you should be able to get an "initiate of X" feat which would expand your spell list. All of them are in my spell handbook.

Also you should consider a dip into Cloistered Cleric then sell off your domains for extra feats.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-10-20, 04:27 PM
Spell Compendium has suggestions for expanding your list (page 3, "Other Spellcasting Classes"), although they're very rough and GM-dependant. Sanctified spells from BoED are explicitly available to any prepared caster, and have some nice, non-healing stuff, although you'll want to pick up some method of mitigating the ability damage. (Binding Naberious or taking Shape Soulmeld (Strongheart Vest) are both good options).

ngilop
2013-10-20, 04:43 PM
I might be out of place here, but I made a Healer Re-tool (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272245) that does what the class (in name) is supposed to do.

See if your DM would allow this class, expalin to him that there is not much that just healing can do to wreck a campaign ( if indeed anything at all)

If he sasy no says 'thats cool" there is a feat Augment healing that adds +2 per spell level of the healing spell. I forget what book it is in though.

Id get a way early on to acquire turn undead to fuel some divine metamagic powers. Id suggest Divien metamagic: Quicken. I have that myself on a party Buff cleric and so far being able to throw up 2 buffs in a round is pretty good.

Xerlith
2013-10-20, 05:02 PM
Worry not. I have a good way for you to be able to contribute well.

Take your second level as a Crusader, grab a reach weapon (preferably a Halberd) and use Devoted Spirit and White Raven to help your allies in combat. Your first 6 levels should look something like that:

Healer1/Crusader1/Healer+3/Crusader+1.

Then you can enter the Knight of the Raven class and progress it for three levels. It gives you a small raven-like familiar that allows you to debuff your enemies, it also gives you the Sun domain spells added into your spell list.

You need to take the Mounted Combat feat somewhere along the way.

Your build looks now like that:

Healer4/Crus2/KotR3

And this is great, since you can now enter the Prestige Paladin class for a level, giving you the Paladin spell list added to yours - some great personal and party-wide buffs are there, and they are no higher than fourth level.

With your build being

Healer4/Crusader2/KotR3/PrcPal2

and you being 11th level, you can enter the Ruby Knight Vindicator class for further progressing your combat prowess and your spellcasting.
That's it.

Your final build: Healer4/Crus2/KotR3/PrcPal2/RKV9

Captnq
2013-10-20, 05:02 PM
Spell Compendium has suggestions for expanding your list (page 3, "Other Spellcasting Classes"), although they're very rough and GM-dependant.

I went through ad found the spells that no DM could ever dispute being available to a healer.

(1) Delay Disease, Faith Healing, Healthful Rest, Invest Light Protection, Lesser Vigor.
(2) Conduit of Life, Ease Pain, Estanna’s Stew, Healing Lorecall, Hydrate, Remove Addiction, Shared Healing, Stabilize.
(3) Insignia of Healing, Invest Moderate Protection, Refreshment, Remove Nausea, Vigor, Mass Lesser Vigor.
(4) Channeled Divine Health, Healing Spirit, Remove Fatigue, Revenance.
(5) Darts of Life, Energetic Healing, Heal Animal Companion, Healing Circle, Invest Heavy Protection, Magic Convalescence, Positive Energy Aura, Seed of Life, Greater Vigor, Warding Gems.
(6) Revive Outsider, Vigorous Circle.
(7) Fortunate Fate, Rejuvenating Light, Mass Restoration.

Gavinfoxx
2013-10-20, 05:05 PM
Here are two links that attempt to expand the healer's spell list:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4079.0

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133118

If you combine what those links say to add, you'll be somewhat okay. Also if it was spontaneous in the way Beguiler/Warmage is.

Captnq
2013-10-20, 05:18 PM
And this is great, since you can now enter the Prestige Paladin class for a level, giving you the Paladin spell list added to yours - some great personal and party-wide buffs are there, and they are no higher than fourth level.
]

Wow.

I never noticed that before. One level of Prestige Paladin and one level of Prestige Ranger and you expand the hell out of your spell list.

Ooo. Prestige Bard. I now have a new option for my ultimate Mystic Ranger Build.

Xerlith
2013-10-20, 05:43 PM
Wow.

I never noticed that before. One level of Prestige Paladin and one level of Prestige Ranger and you expand the hell out of your spell list.

Ooo. Prestige Bard. I now have a new option for my ultimate Mystic Ranger Build.

Don't get me started at Cleric4/Crusader1/PrcPaladin4/RKV10 with SotAO...

johnbragg
2013-10-20, 09:59 PM
Stacking up cheese to see if it adds up to a sandwich--

What if the Healer got Energy Substitution--Positive Energy as a bonus feat, and access to Sorcerer/Wizard Evocation spells that fit? Magic (Healing) Missile. Burning Hands--of Curing! Fireball/lightning bolt--of Hit Points!

Very impressive vs undead, of course.

EDIT: And Sonic Burst and Spiritual WEapon, Flame Strike, etc.