PDA

View Full Version : Explosions

Irk
2013-10-20, 03:48 PM
although it is nowhere near optimized, what if you had and arcane archer who shot arrows from that energy bow (hank's bow or whatever) and imbued them with something like explosive spell fireballs you could have guy who shot cool exploding arrows (that are easily avoidable) but look awesome!

I think that this would look cool, is it worth pursuing as a build idea for an enemy for my PCs? Perhaps just for the novelty, or the description I would get to provide?

On a somewhat unrelated note, I was wondering of there was a way to get explosives in a peculiar way. By this I mean some sort of magic item instead of bombs from DMG or just a spellcaster. Something like an activated item of explosive spell grease, I dunno. Even alchemical things are fine. However, if you have a cool idea, just disregard the restrictions, cuz I probably want to hear it anyway.

(Un)Inspired
2013-10-20, 03:57 PM
The fire seeds spell lets you create a bunch of grenades with each casting. While it does require spell casting to create them, anyone can throw them at something they want exploded.

I had a PC in a game I ran cast the bomb version like 5 times in a row then the party scout would lure enemies into the d and d version of a minefield they set up using the bombs

Captnq
2013-10-20, 04:03 PM
Go to my Signature at the bottom of this post. Click on spoiler. See where it says The Spell Book? Click. Get it. Read the section on metamagic. Keyword search explosive spell. Enjoy.

See The Weapon Handbook? Click. Get it. It has every possible weapon and weapon modification and combination and permutation you could possibly imagine. Including your alchemy explosives and how to make many exploding things. Read. Drool over the possibilities of a +1 Volatile Gnome Calculus loaded with a +1 Explosive, Explosion, Conflagrant, Fountainhead, Walking Dead, Ditherbomb.

You are welcome.

Irk
2013-10-20, 04:32 PM
Go to my Signature at the bottom of this post. Click on spoiler. See where it says The Spell Book? Click. Get it. Read the section on metamagic. Keyword search explosive spell. Enjoy.

See The Weapon Handbook? Click. Get it. It has every possible weapon and weapon modification and combination and permutation you could possibly imagine. Including your alchemy explosives and how to make many exploding things. Read. Drool over the possibilities of a +1 Volatile Gnome Calculus loaded with a +1 Explosive, Explosion, Conflagrant, Fountainhead, Walking Dead, Ditherbomb.

You are welcome.

bookmarked. I'm salivating as I type (but not really so don't get grossed out).

oh my goodness, I'm looking at it now and I am tremendously impressed. This must of taken AGES! Great job, this is an incredibly valuable resource!