PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Single-Duo Player Game (God Run)

Chained Birds
2013-10-20, 07:02 PM
I've been thinking of a mini adventure which involves a set of challenges and encounters that slowly grant the players powerful abilities and bonuses. These bonuses are in addition to the normal stuff granted as you level.

Here's my idea:

- Player(s) gain EXP from encounters, appropriate for the difficulty and general CR of the encounter, as per the norm.
- Items, gold, and other potential drops no longer appear. Instead, the player(s) are granted a number "God Coin"s based on the difficulty of the encounter. So far I have it at 1 coin per 1 CR.
- God Coins can be exchanged for permanent buffs, magic items, and even some spell-like or supernatural abilities. God Coins also can't be sold or given away to others, unless for the previously mentioned buffs, items, abilities, or to pay for a service from an NPC. If the NPC accepts the trade, it will be treated as a cohort for 1 day per coin spent.

-----

I'm trying to create a purchase table for this, but I am uncertain on what to charge...

I was thinking maybe:
1 coin = a single 0th level spell-like or psi-like ability, usable once per day.
1 coin = a single magic items worth 500 gp or less.
1 coin = +2 divine or profane bonus (Determined by Alignment) to a single Skill.
1 coin = service of an NPC for 1 Day (24 Hours).

Is this potentially heading in a decent direction? :smallfrown: