PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Paladin/Oracle Help [PF]

genericwit
2013-10-20, 07:26 PM
Hey guys, so I decided one of the builds I might use for this upcoming game is a Paladin/Oracle. I'm basically looking for help selecting another feat, and fine-tuning the Oracle spells-known list. I could also use help fleshing out the gear (I've got a little more than 20k to spend). Don't mind the ridiculous stats, it's part of a super-high powered campaign. I'm also considering moving him to a Holy Tactician Archetype, as I think that might really benefit the party.

The concept I'm going for is lay down some key buffs for the party, move to the thick of the fighting, add buffs as needed and lay into the enemy while using wall spells/exploding shards/fire etc to restrict enemy movement. There's also a focus on Summoning, as this generally works pretty well at tying up enemies for a bit, and debuffing. I'm not sure whether I'm trying to be too broad or should specialize more, but the party caster is a dedicated wizard/magus blaster and everyone else focuses on direct damage, so a lot of gaps are filled. I'm considering another character, as well.

Anyway, here's the relevant info:

Suli Paladin/Oracle

STR 22
DEX 16
CON 20
INT 13
WIS 15
CHA 30

BAB/Grapple: +9/+15
Attack: +17/+12 (12d6 + 11)
AC: 27 (touch 13, flat footed 24)
HP: 99

Skills: Diplomacy +24, Use Magic Device +21, Sense Motive +15, Perception +11, Spellcraft +10

Paladin Abilities:
Detect Evil
Smite Evil 3/day: +10/+9
Divine Grace: +10 to all saving throws
Lay on Hands: 14 times/day, 4d6
Mercies: No longer Fatigued, No longer staggered, Neutralize Poison
Channel Energy: 4d6, two uses of lay on hand
Divine Bond: 2/day, +2 to weapon (holy)
Aura of Resolve: Immune to charm, allies gain +4 vs. charm w/in 10 feet

Spells Per day: 4/3
Sample Prepared (CL 6):
1: Divine Favor X3, Lesser Restoration(Alternates: Protection from Evil, Lesser Restoration, Endure Elements)
2: Protection from Evil (Communal), Fire of Entanglement X2 (Alternates: Resist Energy, Bull’s Strength, Remove Paralysis)

Stone Mystery (Spells: Stone Call (2nd), Meld Into stone (3rd), Wall of Stone (4th), Stoneskin (5th), Stone Tell (6th), Statue (7th), Repel Metal or Stone (8thth), clashing rocks (9th)

Revelations:
Earth Glide (move at base movement through earth)
Shard Explosion: 2/day, 4d6 damage (ref half), swift action, 10 foot area becomes difficult terrain
Stone Stability: +4 vs. bulrush or trip, Improved trip feat

Feats:
1: Power Attack
3: Improved Initiative
5: Spell Focus: Conjuration
7: Augment Summoning
9: ???

Traits: Reactionary +2 Init, Diplomat (+1 to Diplomacy and Sense Motive), Focused Mind (+2 concentration)
Spells Per Day: 8/8/8/7

Spells Known:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Detect Poison, Mending, Purify Food And Drink, Read Magic, Stabilize
1 (DC18): (5) Obscuring Mist, Shield of Faith, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Command
2 (DC 19): (4) Stone Call, Surmount Affliction, Summon Monster II, Hold Person, Silence
3 (DC 20): (3) Meld into Stone, Summon Monster III, Bestow Curse, Channel Vigor
4 (DC 21): (2) Wall of Stone, Blessing of Fervor, Summon Monster IV

Gear: Cloak of Charisma +4, Greatsword +2, Mithral Fullplate +2, Wand of Lesser Restoration (50 charges) DC 20, Wand of Comprehend Languages (50 charges) DC 20, Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +2, Scroll of Communal Ant Haul DC 23, Scroll of Communal Endure Elements DC 23, Scroll of Invisibility Purge DC 25, Scroll of Speak with Dead DC 25, Scroll of Air Walk X2 DC 27, Handy Haversack, Circlet of Persuasion

Thanks for reading!

grarrrg
2013-10-20, 07:57 PM
Yup. He said the magic words (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257365).

Holy Tactician is a solid choice of archetype, the FREE ALL DAY sharing of a Teamwork feat is pretty sweet, and the option to use a Move action to give EVERYONE (even you) an extra 5ft. step can be handy as well.
And if you were considering multiclassing out of Paladin, I'd wait until at least level 11, as it notably upgrades your Replacement-Smite.

Consider using a Paladin spell slot (or 2, or 3 or...) for Shield Other every day.
Each casting lets you take on 1/2 the damage that another character would take. So you can better protect the squishier members of your party.
Combined with Lay on Hands being a Swift action to use on yourself (and your ginormous number of Hands uses a day), you should easily be able to handle the extra damage.
You may even consider getting Shield Other as an Oracle spell known if this works for you.

Take Fey Foundling (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/fey-foundling) as your first level feat. Whenever you Magically heal damage, you get an extra +2 HP PER DIE!

Track down a Bracelet of Mercy, it gives you +1 Lay on Hands a day, and gives you the Mercy>Disease