PDA

View Full Version : Persona 4 Golden(vita)

Starwulf
2013-10-21, 09:53 AM
So, I finally got a Vita(sold the prize of my video game collection, Earthbound for the SNES with everything in near mint condition), and obviously first game I bought was Disgaea 3, but I'm really wondering about Persona 4 Golden. It is still Persona 4, right? I loved persona 3, it was awesome, played through it twice, and I'm sure I"ll do it again in the next year or so, so as long as the core mechanics are still roughly the same, I'm sure I"ll love P4 as well.

Basically, making the thread to ask: Is P4Golden same as P4, and what can I expect from it?

Antonok
2013-10-21, 10:02 AM
Relevant link (http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_4_Golden)

Thats all the differences between the 2.

Zevox
2013-10-21, 11:05 AM
Basically, Persona 4 Golden is an expanded version of Persona 4. Which, from what I've heard, includes the single biggest improvement the series needed: the ability to choose what skills Personas inherit during fusion. I so hope that becomes the series standard.

A Rainy Knight
2013-10-21, 09:52 PM
I hope you enjoy it! I liked Persona 3, too, but Persona 4 was my favorite game of all time, and from what I've played thus far, Golden is even better.

Calemyr
2013-10-23, 12:57 PM
Golden has a LOT more content. Entire new events, more dialogue and minigames, two new social links and a host of new personas, being able to control costumes in battle, spell cards to give persona specific abilities, and the ability to select the abilities a new persona will inherit! Seriously, that last one alone is worth calling the game "golden".

The downside is that it can be a little easy to create absurd persona. Spell cards allow you to make 4-element persona with fair ease, and the stat-up benefits from the post-battle shuffle can lead to ridiculously advanced stats. I kept Izanagi as my main persona for the entire game (giving him 4 elements and resist wind), and he was at max stats before I made it halfway. On the flip side, this means that Izanagi is actually viable, which is nice because he's one of the most badass looking persona around.

One of the good additions, however, is the ability to talk to your active party while on the field. Mostly what they have to say is trivial, but it's a cool feature. And to make it cooler, they all react interestingly to costume changes - which can vary from Secret Service suits to swimwear to Power Ranger-style costumes. And everyone in your party has something to say about every option you can assign them (as well as comment on the main character's costume, of course - he apparently can pull off anything).

Really, you would not believe how much they added to the game. FES is a feeble effort in comparison.