PDA

View Full Version : Werewolves Classic II (Cancelled.)



Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-01-09, 09:17 PM
*Death does a few ghostly things, mainly trying to start a re-education program for wolves. Death =/= bad eating, Joos= good eating. The young uns always get it wrong.*

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-09, 09:17 PM
Ms E exits her home and does a casual stretch. So, how did everyon-... She stops abruptly as she notices the remains of Death lying on the ground. She gathers the bones up noiselessly and solemnly buries them in the garden next to her home. The door shuts quietly as she disappears inside with Death's belongings. A few moment's later, she emerges the house adorned in his robes and carrying his scythe. Such is her way of mourning.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-01-09, 09:21 PM
*Death in his metaphysical sense already starts shaking his head as he notices his grave has already been looted* :smallwink:

Thes Hunter
2007-01-09, 09:29 PM
(( Oh crap! Death got killed?! That sucks. He's a funny guy, I was kinda hoping he would get to stick around for a while. ))


Thes exits her home. She expects death to greet her upon entering the village square, only to find that Death is no longer with us.

"Our loss is most unfortunate. And now a new round of suspicions begins. I hope we are as lucky as we were the last time."

Thes crosses her arms across her chest and watches everyone with a suspicious eye.

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-01-09, 10:15 PM
Fluffy walks out of his house, his injured arm resting in a sling. He yawns and does a few stretches with his good arm, preparing for the day ahead. He looks around, feeling slightly optimistic because of the werewolf lynching yesterday...at least until he sees the remains of Death. Phil looks at the scene from behind the Captain's boot.

*Squeak?*
Yes I liked him, too. We've lost a good man to those cursed werewolves this past night. Sadly, this only means a new round of accusations begins today. Best not to dwell on it, I suppose. There's got to be some clue we can find.
*Squeak?*
No, just because Death is dead does not mean that you can't die. Now go off and think up plots of doom, or whatever it is mice do during the day.

In compliance, Phil wanders off to work on schemes of thievery and practical jokes.

Well, no use thinking on an empty stomach. Time for some breakfast.

Fluffy walks back inside his house to find something to eat, no longer feeling optimistic.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-09, 10:52 PM
The cube unbarricades himself from his house and walks over to the town square. Upon seeing the newest victim...

Well, this is new. When did werewolves start griling their meat before they eat? At any rate, now we all have another decision to make.

Stops and looks around for a second then continues

Who did Death talk to last night. That might help us narrow some choices down. I'd hate to just start accusing people at random.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-09, 11:59 PM
"Ahem... I'd like your attention please. If you are a wolf feel free to ignore me. Heh.. small joke on my part... aheh..." Ms E steps up to a podium in the center of the village. She taps an carved wooden microphone a few times before speaking. "Here's my announcement. I'm a Mason. I've been selected by the other masons to speak on their behalf. I'd very much appreciate the baner and the seer/fool contacting me. It'd also be nice if the baner baned me until we can find the seer. I'd like to stay alive until we can actually find the key role keepers. Sounds risky, I know, but if I was a wolf, at least one real mason would let you know. I don't intend to let anyone else know who is who except the other masons. We also won’t believe every claim and will be verifying each claim as best we can. We intend to distinguish who's Seer/Fool, getting the Baner and Seer together for protection, preventing wasted scries and preventing pointing fingers at each other. Nothing is more annoying than lynching your own Baner/Seer. Anyway, um... I'll be around. My mailbox is always open. Um... thanks." Ms E hopes for the best.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-10, 12:07 AM
*DLD looks at Ms E with suspicion, but does not point*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-10, 12:25 AM
"You have an interesting proposal, Ms. E."
"Usually, this sort of thing works out well for the villagers."
"Many may wish to lynch Ms. E. for fear this is a wolven trap."
"My suggestion is to allow the seer to scry her."
"You may remember that witches aren't around this time."

"The result of the scry will be accurate."
"Hopefully, we can build an expanded Masonry."
"Elaneous can be a valuable aid if she is telling the truth."
"Still, I would wait a round for the Seer to confirm her."

To simplify the above: If Ms. E is telling the truth, then we can start an extended masonhood. There is no witch or illusionist, so the seer can trust his vision. Sadly, the fool cannot. However, I would not be so eager to lynch Ms. E. I understand the distrust based on last game, since she was a wolf, but that's no indication that she is one this game.

Silkenfist
2007-01-10, 01:27 AM
*looks at Ms_Elanous irritatedly

Oook. I think there is a viable way for us to find stuff out:

Ms_Elaneous claims to be a Mason. This could be Truth or Lie. If it is a Lie, there should be the real Masons who are just being duped.

Is anyone out here a Mason and can falsify what our dear Ms_Elaneous said?

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-10, 02:14 AM
Hmmm, seems fishy to me that someone who is to root out the werewolves would paint a bullseye on her chest to be the next target, doesn't it? Personally, after hearing that, I'm not sure I trust her, and until her story is proven true, I think a healthy dose of skepticism should be used.

Helgraf
2007-01-10, 02:54 AM
Helgraf woke up, grabbed his axe, opened his door - and saw the new pyre. A quick discussion with nervous neighbors updated him on the burning of Death. He shuddered, almost losing his grip on the axe. Considering the arguments, he marshalled his thoughts.

"The problem of course, is a werewolf could lie about being a mason to discredit Ms. E. Now unless another mason then discredits the werewolf, you have a hook-line. And even if another villager discredits the werewolf, it might not even be a mason; it could even be another werewolf looking to build his or herself a blind by exposing a member of his or her pack while they're still strong enough to take the loss. In short, we're no more knowledgeable about the identity of Ms. E. regardless of whether other villagers support her story. So is she being brave, or is she using our fears; hoping we'll not lynch her if she paints herself as either martyr or savior with this action of claiming mason status? This is the puzzle you must consider, my fellow villagers."

Helgraf takes out a pipe, lights it and begins to smoke as he ponders the dreadful situation.

Korith
2007-01-10, 08:33 AM
Perhaps I've just grown naive...but I'm inclined to trust Ms E in this matter. As a matter of course, it is probably best if the seer (or fool? You'll think you're the seer, but it's still best) examines our potential contact tonight, and then gets in touch with her.

I also agree that the baner would do well to guard her, as the wolves this round seem a risky bunch - allowing one of their own to be lynched without any evident attempt to defend him (well...except for Mcskittlez...)! I'd much rather know for certain that Ms E will live through the night to see her strategy through (and yes, guarantee another death, unfortunately) than see the Masons slowly whittle their unknown numbers in trying to establish order.

Finally, as a matter of advice to Ms E, I strongly suggest that you test your seers. Since we should be able to tell seer from fool after they test you tonight (unless that slim chance that both read "Mason" comes up), keep an eye out for any "definate" (or really close to it!) wolves. Have the seer examine your greatest suspect, and, if wolf, report back to you. Once you've dropped a wolf or two with this strategy, you should be pretty certain to be in the clear.

Oh, and I'm pointing at McSkittlez. I believe Kyrian and Silkenfist are correct in their accusation.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-10, 08:36 AM
To answer the questions raised, Ms E returns to her podium: "I am revealing myself because, I represent the masons. There more than one of us. If I am going to be killed by the wolves, another mason will pick up the contacts. Because of this, it's important to have our contacts worked out until night breaks.

As for people standing against me saying they are the masons, just think about it. Someone challenges us and calls themselves a mason. We send another mason to reveal themselves and stand up for our point. Then the other group (werewolves) would have to reveal someone and so on until we both are out of people to reveal. No matter who of us are the real masons, the wolves would end up with the worse deal. Once you guys killed off one of the masons, you'd know who the other team is."

As for the whole pointing bit, Ms E realizes autolynching is imminent if she doesn't get a good guess as to who a wolf is. Reviewing the arguments put forth by the other villagers, she decides:

"Silkenfist and Kyrian raise good points. Until further notice, I'm pointing at McSkittlez also."

Ceika
2007-01-10, 08:39 AM
*Ceika steps outside her hut and looks around, her brow furrowing at the sight already this morning.*

The wolves picked a target that offered them no food? That seems odd, to say the least. But we're even, at least... they're down by one as well. As for you, *she turns to Ms. E with curiousity* Why should we trust you? I'll admit, you did, indeed befriend Death, but here you wear his vestiments for all to see? Is this your way of honoring him, or do you simply taunt us with your own deeds? If you are actually a Mason, another mason could step up and verify, but even if they did, how would we know it's not a wolf verifying a falsehood? You've put yourself on a limb, there, Ms. E., opened yourself up as a target... and that may be the only thing going for you at this point. If your story rings true, then the masons may very well have sacraficed you to the wolves while trying to gain alliances. If you took that willingly, knowing that your story would provoke more fear and doubt than trust, then perhaps the trust would be well founded... it's a pity that we may not ever find out... However, you are not at the top of my suspicions list just yet.

You raise good points, Ms. Elaneous... they sound logical, and perhaps we should consider them more. And perhaps we shall, but it may be upon your death...

Until then, though... *Ceiks points at McSkittelz* you have raised my suspicions, and I believe that some of the others are right to look in your direction. Until I have something better to go off of, you're the one I accuse.

Rumda
2007-01-10, 08:42 AM
The only way we can be sure that you are telling the truth is when you die unfortunatly

Helgraf
2007-01-10, 11:13 AM
"Rumda has distilled the essence of my point," the old man comments dryly. "No matter how good the speech, there's nothing preventing it from turning out to be a house of cards. And the other half of the problem, mind, is that you say they're masons who would back you up. Could easily be werewolves; or even lying villagers who want others to beleive you. There's no real proofs, save, lamentably, the final door of death."

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 12:21 PM
"I'm inclined agree with the others. McSkittelz was being fairly suspicous. McSkittelz is the most suspicous so far."

B-Man
2007-01-10, 01:25 PM
mc skittlez ninja master (6):
Captain van der Decken
Ceika
Gnome Barbarian
Korith
Kyrian
Ms. E
Silkenfist
Tormsskull

No Vote (25):
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Altharis
Bookman
Captain "Fluffy"
Cult of the Raven
DarkLightDragon
El Jaspero, the Pirate King
Eldritch Knight
evnafets
Helgraf
Indurain
Ink
Joosbawx
Kantur
Klinn
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
mc skittlez ninja master
PGCoD
Rumda
Selrahc
Tharj TreeSmiter
The_Librarian
Thes Hunter

Missing (1):
Alarra

Auto-Lynch (4):
Altharis
El Jaspero, the Pirate King
Helgraf
Joosbawx

Tormsskull
2007-01-10, 02:13 PM
T-man ponders thoughtfully. "I'm sorry, but I just don't believe the rainbow."

Tormsskull points at mc skittlez ninja master.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-10, 02:25 PM
Excuse a quick thread hijack, but we're recruiting for the new Paranoia game. Bigger and better than before, you can find it here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31462.

I wouldn't have done this, but some people expressed sorrow at not having been adequately informed of the last game.

And now I'm going to go read back to find out EXACTLY how you achieved the impossible of nailing a werewolf on day one!

EDIT:

Oh a newcomer group of 4 giving 25% chance. I think the newcomer group idea sucks in retrospect. The trouble is that none of them are going to live longer than the number of days equal to the number in the group. They will get lynched until the one werewolf is found, and since that guarantees the rest are villagers, the wolves eat the rest so as to prevent a known trustable quorum (the same reason the masons exist).

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-10, 02:43 PM
"I think Ill have to go with the rest of the group because mc skittlez is very suspicious."

*Gnome Barbarian points at mc skittlez

((Id like to add I voted for Ink the previous day and ended up on the auto lynch list))

B-Man
2007-01-10, 02:51 PM
(( Whoops, sorry. I was trying to figure stuff out, but the list didn't match mine... fixing now ))

Joosbawx
2007-01-10, 02:58 PM
Joosbawx watches from his gardens and sighs.

"I would have done this yesterday, but Ink seemed more likely to me at the time since I couldn't believe that we'd actually picked a Wolf straight out of the gate. Since I've changed my tune on that and apologized to Ink, I have to add my vote to the tide."

Joosbawx points to Skittlez.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 03:01 PM
((My apologies to Kyrian, but I'm very proud of my theory. And thanks for pointing out the typo))

Keffren walks amongst the villagers, hearing their accusations against McSkittlez. She frowns.

"McSkittlez first sided with the reaper, who has been proven to be one of us. He was then persuaded by Kyrian to change his vote. Kyrian did not vote for Weebl the Wolf - he voted to lynch Death, who was not. It seems plain to me who is a wolf here, and I say it is not McSkittlez."

"Kyrian is the wolf."

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-10, 03:10 PM
after some careful thought.
I think that Ms. E's story is just too good to be true, you're supposed to be protecting us, how can you do that if you're dead. Yes, if they kill you there are others, but then there's one less protector.

Points at Ms. E

Klinn
2007-01-10, 03:56 PM
*Klinn rolls out of his shack*

Ugh... what happened last night? I went on another chocolate binge... *vomits profusely and falls on his back*
*rolls back and forth*

I can't get up! My rage shall be vented with an angry wobble! RAWRGH!

Klinn wobbles at McSkittlez

Selrahc
2007-01-10, 04:12 PM
The Librarians theory is the mopst grounded IMO. I like the evidence shes presented, and while I have nothing really to add to it, I'm going to follow the vote, and hope we reverse the bandwagon.

*Selrahc points at Kyrian*

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 04:20 PM
"I agree. The Librarian is making the most sense."

*points at Kyrian*

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-01-10, 04:54 PM
"I must say I agree with your statements and findings, Librarian-whose-name(s)-confuse(s)-me. Though it may have been simple guess work."

* Fullbladder points to Kyrian.

((Hmmm... By helping Sherllama the first night, my mind's primitive structure somehow stuck me into the odd reasoning that my character was the goblin incarnation of Dr. Watson. During my last few posts I have found it difficult not to use Watson-like speech, and I still here Watson's voice when I read my own dialogue. I almost started a Wason/Holmes-style journal thing, in the style of the original Holmes manuscripts)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-10, 04:59 PM
(yay! I have a Watson! I have no objections to it, Lord Fullbladder, but I'm not sure how well I'll be able to RP it. Its been ages since I've read a Sherlock Holmes mystery.)

*The detective ponders the arguments around him* "I agree with the librarian that Kyrian does seem suspicious in this case. Its not without its flaws, but its more solid than any other argument thus far. Its solid enough to have my vote."

*Sherllama points at Kyrian.*

Silkenfist
2007-01-10, 05:02 PM
Concerning Ms_E's claim: I think I have a good solution for what to do during the next night:

Firstly, we play Classic, thus we know that there are no witches/Illusionists

Seer: Go scrying Ms_E tonight. With no looks-changing role, you will receive the true image unless you are the Fool. The best strategy would be this:
If you scry Ms_E to be mason or villager, go contacting her immediately.
If you scry Ms_E to be wolf, don't contact her at all and keep yourself hidden.


Let's think about the scenarios for a while:

1) You are the Seer and Ms_E is a mason
You see a mason and contact her, like it should work. Good scenario.

2) You are the Seer and Ms_E is a wolf
You see a wolf and keep away from her. Pretty good. Would be even better to report her, but the possibility of Scenario 3b) prevents that.

3) You are the Fool and Ms_E is a mason
a) You scry her truthfully: You contact a mason, but unfortunately your contact will occur with that of the true Seer. Confusing for Ms_E, but an acceptable Scenario
b) You scry her wrong: You see a wolf and remain hidden. Good scenario, since you won't confuse mason and true Seer.

4) You are the Fool and Ms_E is a wolf
a) You scry her truthfully: You see a wolf and keep away from her. Pretty good. Reporting it would be bad because of possible scenario 3b)
b) You scry her wrong: You see a mason/villager and contact her. Not perfect since the wolves gain information but an acceptable scenario nonetheless since the wolves won't be able to make too much use of a Fool's scries.



What does this mean effectively?
- If Ms_E is a wolf, she will not be contacted by the Seer
- If Ms_E is a mason, the true Seer will always contact her


Still....all of this can only work if Ms_E survives one night. So it would be up to the Baner to accomplish this one round. After that, there is more clarity without any risk for our Seer.

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 05:05 PM
Lynch me if you'd like, but when I turn out to only be a villager, I ask that you turn and look at her. She herself didn't vote for Weebl, and tried to proclaim him as innocent.

Keffren, let me ask you this. If I was indeed the wolf, why would I then turn and kill the one I accused? All it would profit is this, your pointing at me.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-01-10, 05:08 PM
(yay! I have a Watson! I have no objections to it, Lord Fullbladder, but I'm not sure how well I'll be able to RP it. Its been ages since I've read a Sherlock Holmes mystery.)


((I've never read a Holmes mystery at all. I still think I get it, and even if I didn't my mind wouldn't let me let it go.))

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 05:10 PM
Keffren looks at Kyrian suspiciously.

"When you couldn't kill the reaper by getting the villagers to do it, the wolves took him off your hands for you. No, it's not subtle, but it is convenient."

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 05:15 PM
Next question for you, oh paladin.

Would you be willing to stake your life that I'm a wolf?

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-10, 05:16 PM
I think The librarian and kyrian are suspiscous...

tharj points at The Librarian

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 05:29 PM
What's wrong, Keffren? Afraid to gamble your wolf life on your claim? If I'm lynched and turn out to be a wolf, you've no worries. But you're scared, because you know that I'll be a common villager, and it'll be known that you must be a wolf.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 05:37 PM
What's wrong, Keffren? Afraid to gamble your wolf life on your claim? If I'm lynched and turn out to be a wolf, you've no worries. But you're scared, because you know that I'll be a common villager, and it'll be known that you must be a wolf.

((This, of course, was when the phone rang :smallbiggrin:))

Keffren shakes her head.

"I do not gamble with people's lives, not even my own. But I stand accused of being wolf now myself. I have faith in justice, and evidence, not a bet."

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 05:51 PM
"Well. This'll bring some insight, I hope."

((
Kyrian is a female force

:confused:))

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 05:54 PM
((This, of course, was when the phone rang :smallbiggrin:))

Keffren shakes her head.

"I do not gamble with people's lives, not even my own. But I stand accused of being wolf now myself. I have faith in justice, and evidence, not a bet."

So you prove my point. You won't stake your life on your claim that I'm a wolf, because you are one, and know that I'll be lynched as a villager.

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-01-10, 05:57 PM
Fluffy comes back out side, munching on the last few bites of a waffle. Phil returns to his master before going on a rant about the chaos in the village.

*Squeak! Squeak squeak. Squeak? Squeak squeak!*
Yes, I did find Ms. Elaneous a bit suspicious. Anyone with an interest in you has issues of one kind or another. But I honestly think she's telling the truth. If the masons are helping us, then our chances for survival are good. In defense of mc skittlez, I believe that The Librarian makes a good point. Kyrian does seem a bit...wolfy to me. But I'm just not sure.
*Squeak?*
I don't know. We did catch a werewolf yesterday, but what if that was just luck? Who's to say that we'll be so fortunate next time. I'm going to hold off on any accusation for the moment. Besides, it's almost lunch time.

The Captain finishes his waffle before walking inside, again. A few minutes later, he can be seen watching out the window on the top floor, looking for any signs that could help the investigation. Phil, meanwhile, has gone back to plotting.

Rumda
2007-01-10, 06:00 PM
Well just so we can see and lynching today

rumda points at Kyrian

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 06:01 PM
But if she makes such a good point, why is she so afraid to take the fall when I am shown to be a villager?

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 06:01 PM
"I have faith in justice," Keffren replies again, and then falls quiet.

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 06:07 PM
Stop lying, wolf. Kyrian spits at Keffren. You are just scared, because you know my logic is correct.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-01-10, 06:10 PM
(( I hate new semester schedules))
Raven comes out of her house and looks over the scene.
She nods at mrs. E, trusting her words.
she hears several arguments. hmm. You know, Tharj's quick post against the librarian seems fishy to me. like he was told to point at the librarian by a friend. I think Kyrian told him to do that, and I think they're both wolves.
that's why I'm pointing at Kyrian.

Lucky
2007-01-10, 06:12 PM
((*whistles* Woo, this is getting heated. I like it. :smallbiggrin: Also I think I should just remind everyone that all insults are IC. Not that any of you have done anything wrong yet, but with arguments like this, this early in the game, you never now what will happen.

I'm certainly enjoying this! :smallbiggrin:))

Indurain
2007-01-10, 06:14 PM
Both of you make excellent points, it's true...So odds are that either Kyrian or the Librarian is a wolf, and there's only one way to find out who...lynch one of them.

"I hate to say it Kyrian, but right now you're leading the votes, making it easier to lynch you, I just hope you're not the seer."

Indurain points at Kyrian.

Rumda
2007-01-10, 06:14 PM
lets hurry up and decide who to lynch it's beginning to get cold

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 06:16 PM
Kyrian removes his pointing finger, and points at himself.

Just trying to hurry this along.

Lucky
2007-01-10, 06:23 PM
Kantur (1):
El Jaspero, the Pirate King

Kyrian (15):
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Captain van der Decken
Cult of the Raven
DarkLightDragon
Eldritch Knight
Helgraf
Indurain
Ink
Kyrian
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Rumda
Selrahc
Silkenfist
The_Librarian
Thes Hunter

mc skittlez ninja master (9):
Captain "Fluffy"
Ceika
Gnome Barbarian
Kantur
Klinn
Korith
Joosbawx
Ms. E
Tormsskull

Ms. E (1):
PGCoD

Rumba (1):
evnafets

The_Librarian (1):
Tharj TreeSmiter

No Vote (3):
Altharis
Bookman
mc skittlez ninja master


Missing (1):
Alarra

Thes Hunter
2007-01-10, 06:29 PM
(( New rule, I will not read Werewolf stuffs before class. I would have been 18 minutes late this morning, if it wasn't for the fact that class started 15 minutes later than I thought. So no more Werewolf before school. *shakes finger at self* ))

Thes' eyebrows furl while trying to sort out all the ramifications of who is saying what, and what the underlaying message might be.

1st Ms. E. I believe Silkenfist has laid out in very excellent detail what that situation entails and what should be done about it. If she is telling the truth, the scry of one of the 'seer's should show true, and as Silkenfist showed above even the worst outcome isn't so bad. I.e. the fool reveling themselves to the wolves (if, Ms. E is a wolf and the fool reads false). Yes, it's not good giving the wolves any information... but if that's the worst that will come out of it, I can live with that.

Yes, someone (wolf or mason) could surface to discredit her... but really I don't see that as being necessary at this point. Since the seer will be making their own decision. If she is a wolf, the seer won't contact her, and she will get naught but suspicion for her action. So I say seer scry her, and we will see where this goes.


Now onto who do we think is telling the truth.

Silkenfist states that he feels that Mc Skittlez is being suspicious because of his switching candidates and the he 'didn't contribute much of his own to the accusations against his respective targets.'. Since this is an uncertain process and as new information comes out and new logic is discussed it is understandable to change your mind, so I do not see how changing targets in and of itself is a suspicious act. However that change should be accompanied with some logic, So I am also curious as to what were his reasons for switching targets... But I guess we will never know now since The_Librarian/Keffen has given an argument that even if it wasn't his reasons he could use as his reasons.

However, I am tending to side with The_Librarian's argument that Kyrian is more likely the wolf because Kyrian pointed to Death a now known villager. What if the wolves ate Death because without his agitating they felt the 'heat' would more likely die down on one of their own?

I am still not convinced of either side.... however (( Due to game mechanic reasons)) I feel the need to give at least a hesitant decision.

Thes points at Kyrian


(( Since I might not be able to get back online with enough time to put together an argument until tomorrow night. ))

Ink
2007-01-10, 07:35 PM
Ink emerges from Death's house, having turned the place upside down looking for Death's prized collectibles.

"I agree that both Kyrian and The Librarian seem rather suspicious. The vote seems to be swinging towards Kyrian at this point, and I doubt that any way I vote will change that. However if Kyrian is lynched and turns out not to be a wolf, then we all know that The Librarian is the wolf."

* Ink points at Kyrian

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-10, 07:40 PM
((just curious, what's the auto-lynch?))

Lucky
2007-01-10, 07:43 PM
((just curious, what's the auto-lynch?))

((When someone doesn't vote for two straight Werewolf days, or 5 real-life days, the evil narrators come and devour their souls for being boring. That said, yesterday was technically a shortened day, so there shouldn't be an auto-lynch list.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-10, 07:45 PM
(I fail to see how its an "either...or" situation. Libris looked at some evidence and made an assumption. Its what I often do. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. Look at Death last round, he had a really good logical arguement for Altharis being a wolf, when walrus-lad was a villager, but Death was one also.)

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 07:45 PM
((Lucky, since I'll likely be lynched, can I send you and B-Man a rough idea for it?))

B-Man
2007-01-10, 07:47 PM
((Lucky, since I'll likely be lynched, can I send you and B-Man a rough idea for it?))

((SEND IT TO ME!! TO ME I SAYS!!! ...and Lucky... I guess... I'm the evil Night-beginning lynch fluff maker. ...just don't shred the theatrics too much... please?))

Kantur
2007-01-10, 07:48 PM
The evidence and speculation has been clearly laid out; switching votes at the first sign of new theory/evidence isn't going to make people trust, so I feel I have no choice.

*Kantur points at mc skittlez ninja master.

Lucky
2007-01-10, 07:49 PM
((Lucky, since I'll likely be lynched, can I send you and B-Man a rough idea for it?))


((SEND IT TO ME!! TO ME I SAYS!!! ...and Lucky... I guess... I'm the evil Night-beginning lynch fluff maker. ...just don't shred the theatrics too much... please?))
((Yes... send it to B-man...))

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 07:52 PM
((Nevermind...Sorry B-Man...))

Ink
2007-01-10, 08:00 PM
(I fail to see how its an "either...or" situation. Libris looked at some evidence and made an assumption. Its what I often do. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. Look at Death last round, he had a really good logical arguement for Altharis being a wolf, when walrus-lad was a villager, but Death was one also.)

((Well I had some suspicions towards The Librarian also, given the fact that she voted away from Weebl just as the bandwagon was beginning to form. So if Kyrian is not found to be a wolf, The Librarian is next in the line of suspicion for me, not just because of that exchange between her and Kyrian. Mind you, I find Mr. Ninja Master quite suspicious as well. So.. many.. suspects!))

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 08:18 PM
((Well I had some suspicions towards The Librarian also, given the fact that she voted away from Weebl just as the bandwagon was beginning to form. So if Kyrian is not found to be a wolf, The Librarian is next in the line of suspicion for me, not just because of that exchange between her and Kyrian. Mind you, I find Mr. Ninja Master quite suspicious as well. So.. many.. suspects!))

((I was young! I was naive! I needed the gold pieces!))

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-01-10, 08:39 PM
Ink emerges from Death's house, having turned the place upside down looking for Death's prized collectibles.

*Death is glad he hid them under the willow tree*

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-01-10, 08:42 PM
Having eaten a fulfilling lunch, Fluffy steps once again outside of his house.

I'm sorry, but I am not entirely sure that Kyrian is a werewolf. I believe that mc skittlez is the true threat. Looking back, he did seem erratic in his voting methods. He accused Death yesterday, who we learned today was a simple villager. Now, with so many people pointing at him, he seems to have disappeared, contributing nothing to his defense. I am not sure if Kyrian is a werewolf or a villager, but I believe that we should concentrate our investigation on the more likely suspect.
*Squeak*
Exactly, Phil. It is my official opinon that mc skittlez is a werewolf.

The Captain and his mouse companion go to the town square to see what will happen.

Silkenfist
2007-01-10, 08:54 PM
OK, I've browsed through the archives. Initially, I didn't think Kyrian pointing at Death would merit a lynching because it WAS the first round, where you have to work with no information. However, there are two things that speak against Kyrian


1) The counterattack: As weebl has proved once again, counterattacks are about the most common reason committed by wolves. Kyrian pointed at Death after he was pointed at. Now this doesn't have to mean anything but...

2) When did he point at Death? Looking at the times, I see that Kyrian voted for Death only 7 minutes after Kantur raised the second vote against weebl. Could this be his attempt to save a fellow packmate? Could this be an attempt to break out a conflict between him and a newcomer to divert attention from weebl?


The answer is: Yes, it could be and it is plausible enough. I still don't like McSkittlez voting patterns but there is good evidence against Kyrian.

*remove finger from McSkittlez
*point at Kyrian

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-10, 09:03 PM
(hmm, interesting tactics Kyrian is using. With the voting the way it is. If he were to remove the vote for himself and return in to Mcskittlez, we'd have one vote difference between the two me thinks.)

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-10, 09:14 PM
Kyrian's vote to lynch himself clinches it. I suspect he is either a werewolf, or some one who got bored of the game. either way..

EK points at Kyrian

Lucky
2007-01-10, 09:28 PM
((Note: 4 more votes until Kyrian is auto-lynched.))

B-Man
2007-01-10, 09:33 PM
((...and if it happens within the next 8 hr, B-Man's creativity will not be in the post... * cries * ))

Lucky
2007-01-10, 09:35 PM
((Quit your whining you pesky kid.))

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-10, 10:34 PM
Your both kids, now stay off my lawn!


((Quit your whining you pesky kid.))

Thes Hunter
2007-01-10, 11:23 PM
Your both kids, now stay off my lawn!

*Thes gives Tharj a high five* </pointless post>

Lucky
2007-01-10, 11:30 PM
Your both kids, now stay off my lawn!
((True, but for the purpose of this game, both of us are more important than you. So I'll take my lawn back. :smallbiggrin:))

Indurain
2007-01-10, 11:46 PM
((True, but for the purpose of this game, both of us are more important than you. So I'll take my lawn back. :smallbiggrin:))

((I believe that warrants an "OH SNAP!!"))

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-10, 11:57 PM
"Oh, bloody hell."

El J rolls in from playing a dance and is a bit fuzzy on this. Not wanting to get lynched for inactivity, meh.

*El Jaspero points at Kantur. Sure, why not?*

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-11, 12:40 AM
*points at Kyrian*

Helgraf
2007-01-11, 04:38 AM
((Umm, I voted the first time, as evidenced here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1798335&postcount=179
so I'm not sure why I was briefly on auto-lynch - that having been said...))

Helgraf shook his head slowly. "I'll never get used to killing people by committee," he murmured with a sigh.

* Helgraf points at Kyrian *

"Nothing is certain, but the die is cast..."

evnafets
2007-01-11, 05:09 AM
lets hurry up and decide who to lynch it's beginning to get cold

Rumda, I find your rabble rousing rushing posts suspicious.
This lynching is a serious business, and should not be taken lightly.

* evnafets points at Rumda *

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-11, 01:37 PM
((True, but for the purpose of this game, both of us are more important than you. So I'll take my lawn back. :smallbiggrin:))


Oh no you di-int! :smallsmile:

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-11, 05:08 PM
could allarra be a were wolf? maybe...
MC skittlez points at allara

Selrahc
2007-01-11, 05:14 PM
could allarra be a were wolf? maybe...
MC skittlez points at allara

No pointing at Alarra until she gets back.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-11, 05:16 PM
"Pointing at someone who is missing because your clan of wolves probably ate her huh mc? I believe you are much more suspicious than kyrian and as such i urge the other villagers to join in on lynching the true wolf around us mc skittles master ninja and give kyrian a chance to live and head out other wolves alongside us."

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-11, 05:17 PM
well Im about to die for no reason and I cant point at anyyone or theyll think Im a were wolf and I dont want to die so Im scared dont kill me!I just want to live peace fully and not die!

Altharis
2007-01-11, 05:25 PM
well Im about to die for no reason and I cant point at anyyone or theyll think Im a were wolf and I dont want to die so Im scared dont kill me!I just want to live peace fully and not die!

So do wolves you know, making that a very lame excuse.

*points at MC Skittles

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-11, 05:41 PM
well sorry if you were gonna be lynched youd be in hystarics too. Or maybe thats the kind of person I am...

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-11, 06:04 PM
No pointing at Alarra until she gets back.

((If I remember correctly,the narrators said no Lynching of Alarra until she returns. They didn't say no voting for her, and since one vote isn't going to lynch her, I don't see an issue with it.))

Silkenfist
2007-01-11, 06:18 PM
After reviewing McSkittlez' thread history, I am pretty sure that my suspicions against him are greatly reinforced by his uhm... lack of experience with the English language (No offense).

My suspicions towards Kyrian are not too strong, but his style of counterattacking/threatening and the possibility of his accusation against Death being a divertion away from weebl is enough for me to keep my finger where it is.

Thes Hunter
2007-01-11, 06:43 PM
After reviewing McSkittlez' thread history, I am pretty sure that my suspicions against him are greatly reinforced by his uhm... lack of experience with the English language (No offense).

My suspicions towards Kyrian are not too strong, but his style of counterattacking/threatening and the possibility of his accusation against Death being a divertion away from weebl is enough for me to keep my finger where it is.


After looking at his profile, I think saying experience with English is a diplomatic way to put it... anything I would add might come off as being ageist.

Sorry Mc Skittlez... but you come across as having eaten too many of the candies in your name. Whether this has any significance to the game... I do not know.

*continues to ponder, but does not for now switch where her suspicions lay*

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-11, 08:18 PM
Well, I guess my current candy-induced seizure could be caused by the massive amounts of Pepsi and Skittles I ingest on which would lead me to the conclusion that sugar rushes come naturally to me. What is your partake on this?
..... I LOVE CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-11, 08:30 PM
I believe we have enough votes to lynch Kyrian. Seeing as there's only 2 votes unaccounted for, there's not way anyone can catch him.

Lucky
2007-01-11, 08:31 PM
((That is correct, but it is only 30 minutes until the normal lynch time, and B-man isn't on. He doesn't like it when I take his job.

If he isn't here by 9, I'll be forced to take it.))

Lucky
2007-01-11, 09:20 PM
The day drew to a climax in the village, this had turned the village against one another, with fingers pointing in every direction. As the sun sank in the sky, the village concluded that Kyrian was the most suspicious of the citizens, with many strong arguments placed against him by Keffren. Kyrian allows himself to be led to the pyre, standing stoic as he is bound. He faces the crowd with a determination in his eyes. As the fire is lit, he addresses the crowd. "You will all soon see who the true wolf is," is all he needs to say, the message is quite clear; for as he is immolated on the pyre, not once is there any signs of a transformation. Thirty minutes later, when the flames die down, it is apparent that the village had just killed one of their own. Had this been the work of the wolves, manipulating the village to their will? Or had the villagers made an honest mistake? They would have to wait and see...

((Summary: Kyrian was killed, he was a villager.))

Night Begins

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-11, 09:40 PM
"Great..." Ms E returns home, waiting for the seer/fool to scry and the baner to bane. Please. Please bane. "Um... my door is gonna be locked tonight, but if you have something to say, please let me know by a letter slipped anonymously under the door. Thanks."

B-Man
2007-01-11, 10:06 PM
((how uncool... that lynch sucked... :smalltongue: man, I hate work... I had something nice ready (in my head) entailling Kyrian saying that he didn't fear death because Death was already dead... or some such.))

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-11, 10:08 PM
"I figured that one was too obvious."

El J returns to the music store and locks the door behind him.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-11, 10:11 PM
after watching the events that transpired in the town square a few moments ago, I think to myselfHmmm, very strange tactics Mcskittlez used today. He was the first accused, and then by many more, yet said nothing. Only after it was decided that Kyrian was to be lynched did he say anything. And on top of it, he then accused our lone missing person, how strange. Then he went on to babble about liking candy. I must keep my eye on that one, yes indeed. Then goes home and barricades himself in his house like the previous night.

Kyrian
2007-01-11, 10:17 PM
Kyrian's ghost appears and looks around.

Tried to tell you all, but you believed her...

Thes Hunter
2007-01-11, 10:45 PM
Thes' face hardens when she realizes the ramifications of Kyrian's execution.

She mutters under her breath "It seems I was too harsh on the lad. Please forgive me for my error."

She looks around at any of the remaining stunned villagers, and says "We all better lock ourselves in for the night... hopefully the locks will hold tonight for everyone, but I'm a cynic and I doubt my hopes will be fulfilled."

Thes heads to her hut. The sound of a locking door can be heard.

Indurain
2007-01-11, 11:15 PM
Indurain doesn't say a word, but casts a supscious glance towards the Librarian.

"I've got my eye on you." He mutters under his breath.

He moves towards his modest home, and now two locks are heard bolting shut.

Helgraf
2007-01-12, 12:34 AM
This time fate saw fit to rebalance the scales. The old man wept, then quietly retired to his house with his axe.

Joosbawx
2007-01-12, 12:51 AM
Joosbawx watches the lynching and shakes his head at the outcome. Casting his eyes toward MC Skittlez for a long moment befoer turning toward his garden and his home, he disappears inside barely pausing to latch the gate behind him.

The_Librarian
2007-01-12, 03:49 AM
Keffren stares at the remains of the pyre in horror.

"Gods, what have I done?! I was so sure!" She looks around at the other villagers. "I'm sorry... it made sense... I didn't know! Gods, I didn't know."

((Oh boy))

Ceika
2007-01-12, 01:11 PM
*Ceika stares at the pyre, sorrow in her eyes, though her expression remains grim. As the flames die down, she shakes her head sadly and turn from the sight.*

So much innocent blood spilled. We'll have to do better than this...

*she shakes her head and walks away toward her hut*

Kyrian
2007-01-12, 01:29 PM
Kyrian's ghost decides to go haunt Keffren Libris. For eternity.

Lucky
2007-01-12, 08:52 PM
It was a rare moment for any villager to fall asleep, those who did were soon rested from their sleep by nightmares of earlier that night. The images of Kyrian being tied to the pyre, those of him burning, and the ones of his charred body still were fresh in the minds of the village. They had killed one of their own last night, and today they would no doubt awake to another one having met a terrible fate.
Come sunrise the village awoke, and, unfortunately, the wolves weren't one to break tradition. El Jaspero's body was quickly discovered, his body barely recognizable as the flesh had been eaten away, everything but his head was reduced to bone. A plate of broccoli sat beside his body, untouched, a message written in his blood.

And to think, we almost ate broccoli instead...

Upon examination, it became clear why the head hadn't been eaten; the wolves wanted to show off their prize. For the werewolves had ripped a hole in the middle of El Jaspero's forehead, and the message was quickly realized: they had lost one granted the power of the third second eye, they had lost the Seer.
The day before had seen many questions arise, and now answers were needed all the more urgently. How would the answers come? There was only one way to find out...

((Summary: El J was killed, he was the Seer.))

Day begins, it will end at 9pm EST on Sunday.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-01-12, 08:58 PM
"Fascinating. The wolves appear to have been either incredibly lucky or have some help. What do you make of it, Mr. Holmes?"

(and now, in classic Holmes-esque fashion)

*I looked to Mr. Holmes, as he smoked his pipe*

Thes Hunter
2007-01-12, 09:06 PM
Thes exits her hut when she hear a commotion in the village. She trots to El J's hut in the center of the commotion, as soon as she sees El J's body and what it means for the village, her jaw drops and she unconsciously utters a line of expletives that would make a sailor blush.

"Holy Shock. This is going to suck."

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-12, 09:07 PM
Upon waking, and leaving his house only to realize that our seer has been killed, PGCoD says Well this is an ugly turn of events, but now we won't know the details of Ms. E. I knew she said too much. Since nobody has come foward to refute or attest to her claim, things are really interesting now. Now what do we do about the fool, can we trust what he says provided he now says anything? Or will he keep his identity a secret for the fear of making him the next target.

After thinking for a few minutes points finger at Mcskittlez

After his tactics, or lack there of yesterday, I just don't trust him.

Ink
2007-01-12, 09:13 PM
"Egads! The one-eyed man was the Seer?"
"Sigh.. Wolves-3, Village-1. The wolves got lucky this time, just as the villagers did on the first night."
Ink stops outside El Jaspero's music shop and thinks for a moment.
"Or could it be that our Seer fell into a trap set by the so-called 'Masons'?"

Kantur
2007-01-12, 09:27 PM
So, what Ink, you suggest that the Seer would tell anyone who he was without scrying them first? Or that he'd scry the speaker, see a wolf, tell them and find a tasty sauce to douse himself in while he waits? Does that make sense to you?

Ink
2007-01-12, 11:08 PM
Ink leans against the door frame and looks at Kantur.

"First and foremost, let me point out that he may not be the Seer, he may have been the Fool. So yes, it makes sense that he scried this group and subsequently revealed himself to them, thinking it was safe. Would the wolves want to kill the Fool? That I wouldn't know. Perhaps someone with a 50% chance of correctly identifying a wolf is still considered a potential threat to the wolf pack."

"I don't necessarily think this theory is the most likely but it is just one possibility. Everyone can consider it and make their own decisions."

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-12, 11:48 PM
Actually, I propose this theory: The wolves scried upon him, discovered that he was indeed the seer, and acted quickly to eliminate the villager's greatest advantage. We must find the Devil and quickly, and my gut is telling me that the Devil is none other than Indurain.

EK points at Indurain

((Note, I am aware that my gut instinct is very little to go one, but I have a track record of being accurate with these gut feelings.))

Altharis
2007-01-13, 12:16 AM
*Points at the over-sugared MC Skittles.

"Sugar makes you tasty in werewolves eyes, which is why you don't eat it. Mummy said so." Pipes up a strangely walrus like kid.

Indurain
2007-01-13, 12:22 AM
"There are many things I've been accused of in my life," Indurain says, stepping out of his house. "a freak, a geek, a pervert, a liar, doctor, lawyer, beggar man, thief...but the Devil? That's a new one."

Indurain spies the body of El Jaspero and hangs his head. "This certainly does bring ill tidings for us all."

Indurain walks up to EK. "Though it is hard for me to dispute your claim sir, I can only ask that people trust me. While yours is a gut feeling we are at a point where we finally have more to go on than gut feelings. mc skittlez has given us no reason to believe his innocence and seems to only incriminate himself further each time he opens his mouth. Also, if my memory serves me correctly the last person El Jaspero pointed to was Kantur, even though everyone was jumping on either the Kyrian or mc skittlez bandwagon. Perhaps Jas saw something the night before and was trying to warn us. The Librarian is also certainly on the suspect list as we are all aware from her battle with Kyrian, who turned out to be innocent." Indurain goes silent for a little while, perhaps in memory of Kyrian. "As of right now, I'm not sure who to point the finger at, though I truly believe in my heart that AT LEAST one of those three is a werewolf."

Indurain stands around, waiting to hear the arguments from his three suspects.

evnafets
2007-01-13, 12:39 AM
I would discount Kantur as a suspect. In fact, if El Jaspero was pointing to him, and El Jaspero was killed, I would say it makes it less likely for him to be a wolf, not more likely.

The Librarian and Mc Skittles are both on my list.
However I shall point as I did yesterday: evnafets points at Rumda

He's just a little too quick to say "get on with the lynch already"

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-13, 01:17 AM
The ghost of El Jaspero stands around looking miffed.

"Second eye! It was only my second eye, dammit!"

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-13, 01:32 AM
Well I'm here and I'm cool, and thats the way that it is, so MC Skittlez retaliates by pointing at Altharis

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-13, 01:33 AM
wait wouldnt that mean I'd be bait for werewolves to eat and gut me?

Helgraf
2007-01-13, 01:50 AM
Morning came. Helgraf wiped the crusties from his eyes, picked up the axe where it had fallen to the floor in the night, walked outdoors, took a deep breath ... and was informed of the death of the Seer. He staggered a moment, arm flailing until it hit the side of his hut as he forced his body back into its normal rhythms.

"No ... no no no," he softly gasped, gulping down air like a drowning man pulled from the waters.

He eyed the crowd of villagers as he listened to the next day's list of suspicions.

"Tired ... so tired," he murmured. He raised his arm.

* Helgraf points to McSkittlez *

"I fear until someone can present a more compelling argument that you represent the greater perceived danger to the village. I can only hope we are right, and pray to the Gods for forgiveness should another innocent be hanged."

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-13, 02:00 AM
its not really an argument its just a reply to Altharis's comments about my sugar intake. I guess if you think about I really do say some incriminating things, huh? Wow. Im speechless. I cant really reply to the accusations against me because I probly will say another stupid thing to get me in trouble. Dang it why can't I Prove to you all Im not stupid?

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-13, 02:02 AM
its not really an argument its just a reply to Altharis's comments about my sugar intake.

((that is the lamest excuse for voting for someone I've heard yet. Now if you had a legitimate reason for voting ok, but just because he made a crack about your SN? that's just low.))

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-13, 02:08 AM
Im sorry but hes been on my case too long now and it seems like he really wants to get at me for some reason.Its not just because of my sn just because I was defending myself against his cruel blows to my morale.

Altharis
2007-01-13, 04:37 AM
Cruel Blows? I'm sorry then. But you are right, every time you open your mouth you seem to incriminate yourself, and make double posts, so to prove you are smart; you should shut said mouth. But you decided to make another, more whiny, post. That's fine, except it goes against you wanting to show us that you're smart. Pick an impression and stick with it please.

(Just so you know, no harsh feelings?)

Selrahc
2007-01-13, 04:57 AM
Correct me if I am wrong... the seer and the fool look the same upon death? Lets hope the werewolves just did us a minor favour, rather than killing one of our greatest weapons. :smalleek:

Lucky
2007-01-13, 05:04 AM
Correct me if I am wrong... the seer and the fool look the same upon death? Lets hope the werewolves just did us a minor favour, rather than killing one of our greatest weapons. :smalleek:
((Yes, this game you are not able to tell. I messed up last game in saying you were. El J could of been the Seer or the Fool.))

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-13, 05:39 AM
Well..

I certainly hope so.

Helgraf
2007-01-13, 05:48 AM
A false hope, until disproven, still provides all the benefits of hope. Let us hope then, and perhaps sleep a little easier; in best hope, it shall prove a true hope, but in worst, it can still give us some time to fend off despair until it is revealed.

Of course, knowing our luck they'll happen to get the Seer/Fool who is left tomorrow night... :smallyuk:

Silkenfist
2007-01-13, 05:53 AM
I would discount Kantur as a suspect. In fact, if El Jaspero was pointing to him, and El Jaspero was killed, I would say it makes it less likely for him to be a wolf, not more likely.

The Librarian and Mc Skittles are both on my list.
However I shall point as I did yesterday: evnafets points at Rumda

Seconded in all aspects

*point at Rumda*

- Kantur is not my suspicion list. In the games of werewolf I played, there were few cases of wolves attacking those who pointed at them. Also, El J's attack was not terribly persistent.

- The Librarian has been quick to attack Kyrian. I've found some points to speak against Kyrian as well, but the reasons stated by her were not really strong.

- McSkittlez behaves highly suspicious but I am still thinking of the language barrier and lack of experience as primary reasons.

- Rumda...could need a bit additional pressure from us. He has been keeping himself in the back and didn't contribute to the investiagtions.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-13, 09:49 AM
"There are many things I've been accused of in my life," Indurain says, stepping out of his house. "a freak, a geek, a pervert, a liar, doctor, lawyer, beggar man, thief...but the Devil? That's a new one."

Indurain spies the body of El Jaspero and hangs his head. "This certainly does bring ill tidings for us all."

Indurain walks up to EK. "Though it is hard for me to dispute your claim sir, I can only ask that people trust me. While yours is a gut feeling we are at a point where we finally have more to go on than gut feelings. mc skittlez has given us no reason to believe his innocence and seems to only incriminate himself further each time he opens his mouth. Also, if my memory serves me correctly the last person El Jaspero pointed to was Kantur, even though everyone was jumping on either the Kyrian or mc skittlez bandwagon. Perhaps Jas saw something the night before and was trying to warn us. The Librarian is also certainly on the suspect list as we are all aware from her battle with Kyrian, who turned out to be innocent." Indurain goes silent for a little while, perhaps in memory of Kyrian. "As of right now, I'm not sure who to point the finger at, though I truly believe in my heart that AT LEAST one of those three is a werewolf."

Indurain stands around, waiting to hear the arguments from his three suspects.

Well, in all honesty, Indurain, it's a little *more* than a gut feeling, if you know what I mean.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-13, 10:30 AM
Rumda was very eager to see Kyrian lynched...

*points at Rumda*

So is the Librarian a wolf? Or just unlucky?

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 10:39 AM
Kyrian's ghost appears alongside Jaspero's.

Hmm...think Alarra's going to be mad to hear we're both dead?

Ink
2007-01-13, 10:51 AM
"Hmm... Unless more information is unearthed I'll have to follow on from yesterday's train of thought and consider The Librarian as the main suspect."

* Ink points at The Librarian

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-13, 10:57 AM
Kyrian's ghost appears alongside Jaspero's.

Hmm...think Alarra's going to be mad to hear we're both dead?

The ghost of El Jaspero chuckles. "She'll have to notice first."

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 11:04 AM
Yea, you've got a good point to that.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-13, 11:56 AM
Yeesh, what does it take for people to pick up on innuendo of this sort? Wake up people! Indurain is the Devil, and though I cannot provide further evidence without putting others at risk, I assure you that this is accurate.

Ceika
2007-01-13, 01:10 PM
*Ceika steps out from her hut to survey the scene. Seeing El Jaspero's body, she pales and tries not to gag.*

This is not a good sign... not at all...

*She listens to Eldritch Knight's words and steels her resolve*

I hope you're right, EK. I truly hope you're right.

*Ceika points at Indurian*

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-13, 01:40 PM
Ms E appears from the shadows from behind a building, having been anonymously listening to the conversation for quite some time. "I disagree. Eldritch Knight, either you are implying you are the seer (or fool) or you are a wolf who wants to off Indurain very desperately. Or even possibly a simple villager that wants Indurain gone for reasons unknown. Yet, you have not contacted us Masons about being a seer, yet you publically claim to have some magical insight into the situation. I'm afraid I have no choice but to suspect you until further notice." Ms E points at Eldritch Knight.

Selrahc
2007-01-13, 01:46 PM
Ah, thank you Ms Elaneous, for crystalising my suspicions.

Now that I know he hasn't contacted the masons, and probably has no protection, it seems like hes using tactics completely foolhardy if he is the seer.

*Points at Eldritch Knight*

Rumda
2007-01-13, 01:46 PM
((posting may be a little intermittant for the next few days))

Ceika
2007-01-13, 01:51 PM
*Ceika lowers her hand when she hears Ms. E's speech, looking with a confused expression between Eldritch Knight and Indurian.*

Provided you do represent the masons, Ms. Elaneous, that's a strong point to make... Eldritch Knight? Do you have anything to add?

Bookman
2007-01-13, 01:52 PM
This is suspicous

Bookman points at Eldritch Knight

The_Librarian
2007-01-13, 02:02 PM
The librarian listens carefully to the arguments being made by the other villagers. She hears her own name mentioned and hangs her head in sorrow, but it was not unexpected.

"I have been made a fool of twice," she says. "And a good and innocent man has paid the price for it. I was wrong to mistrust evnafets before, so I side with him now."

She points at Rumda

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-13, 02:02 PM
I don't like this..
*Shakes his head*
What if Eldritch Knight doesn't trust you enough to say if he's the seer or not?

I wouldn't, for sure.

Indurain
2007-01-13, 04:23 PM
"Mr. Knight. As I've said, in a town such as this it's hard to put forth a valid argument either for or against your cause. Mistrust is too common place here, so even the truth is often looked upon as lies. I know where I stand in this great battle against the forces of evil...do you?"

Indurain hangs his head.

"I'm not going to do what everyone else seems to do when they've been accused, which is turn around and point the finger back at my accuser. I truly believe you've been misled and are likely not guilty of any crime, except gullibility. With that said, I have reviewed the evidence against my three previously stated suspects, and have decided who I feel is most likely at fault.

Indurain points at mc skittlez.

"You have damned us...and you shall pay!"

Bookman
2007-01-13, 05:14 PM
I don't like this..
*Shakes his head*
What if Eldritch Knight doesn't trust you enough to say if he's the seer or not?

I wouldn't, for sure.
A simple scry woulda probably cleared all of his doubts.

His first game he lied about having "seer contacts" in which he didn't even though he was a villager. He may be tryinig this again. That's as bad and as controling as a wolf.

Let us see if he is the wolf.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-13, 05:49 PM
I still think it's Mcskittlez. I mean he didn't even say anything when people started accusing him, and that really is strange to me. And then to accuse Alarra on top of that. I'm also still very wary of Ms. E. Until someone can vouch for her identity (or refute her claim), I think she should be watched very closely.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-13, 05:55 PM
Ah... You poor fools. You want to know how I know he is the Devil? Very well, I shall tell you. In every game that I have played, with at least one of my brothers, one of us has always been a werewolf. In this game, I am not a werewolf, so I am left with a strong basis for assuming that Korith is. I am not the seer, nor am I the fool. No, what I am is very shrewd and sneaky for I have used all methods at my disposal to acertain the truth. In the first game, Korith played a wolf, who ultimately sacrificed himself to gain victory for the wolves. In that game, once the band wagon started forming against him, the wolves joined in, sealing his fate, and granting them cover. Having known Korith for 23 years, I can assure you that this is a tactic he would definatly reuse, and pass on to his wolfish kin. Now, as to why I suspect Indurain of being the Devil, I have 2 reasons: First, Both he and Korith have been reasonable active, though Indurain has been moreso. By being active in the game, it lessens the suspicion against him, as the Devils in games past have always been quite. Second, I have nothing left to lose by making this accusation, because if I am killed tonight, it sets suspicion upon him. On the same hand, if I am not killed tonight, I will very likely be lynched tommorow. Either way, I find myself willing to sacrifice myself, if it will rid the town of the one who I feel is the most likely candidate of being the Devil.

((Note: I know I say that I know he is the Devil, but I mean it in an emphatic manner, stressing the strength of my convictions in the manner.))

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-13, 06:03 PM
you call yourself shrewd and sneaky willingly. Knowing that, then how can trust anything you say?

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-13, 06:07 PM
Because being shrewd and sneaky does not automatically imply dishonesty. As a person of honour, I always aim to ensure that my words are accurate before I utter them. Just because I will use any method to get a head does not mean that I am a liar. The fact that I am willing to admit these qualities indicates that I am aware that they can be both a benefit and a flaw. In this case however, they are of far more benefit than a flaw.

Bookman
2007-01-13, 06:21 PM
Ah... You poor fools. You want to know how I know he is the Devil? Very well, I shall tell you. In every game that I have played, with at least one of my brothers, one of us has always been a werewolf. In this game, I am not a werewolf, so I am left with a strong basis for assuming that Korith is. I am not the seer, nor am I the fool. No, what I am is very shrewd and sneaky for I have used all methods at my disposal to acertain the truth. In the first game, Korith played a wolf, who ultimately sacrificed himself to gain victory for the wolves. In that game, once the band wagon started forming against him, the wolves joined in, sealing his fate, and granting them cover. Having known Korith for 23 years, I can assure you that this is a tactic he would definatly reuse, and pass on to his wolfish kin. Now, as to why I suspect Indurain of being the Devil, I have 2 reasons: First, Both he and Korith have been reasonable active, though Indurain has been moreso. By being active in the game, it lessens the suspicion against him, as the Devils in games past have always been quite. Second, I have nothing left to lose by making this accusation, because if I am killed tonight, it sets suspicion upon him. On the same hand, if I am not killed tonight, I will very likely be lynched tommorow. Either way, I find myself willing to sacrifice myself, if it will rid the town of the one who I feel is the most likely candidate of being the Devil.

((Note: I know I say that I know he is the Devil, but I mean it in an emphatic manner, stressing the strength of my convictions in the manner.))


If you had used that as an opening arguement I'd be more trusting but instead you shrouded everything in mystery. That isn't the way to play if you have a theory. Share it. Thusly I fail to see your possible innocence if you insist on being mysterious

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-13, 06:21 PM
I'm not really sure about all this, so I'll leave it for now.

I don't think we can trust The Librarian, however. She was adamant Kyrian was a wolf. What are the chances that she was just plain unlucky?

*points at The Librarian*

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-13, 06:28 PM
If you had used that as an opening arguement I'd be more trusting but instead you shrouded everything in mystery. That isn't the way to play if you have a theory. Share it. Thusly I fail to see your possible innocence if you insist on being mysterious

You have a point.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-01-13, 07:45 PM
I don't know.. this is pretty confusing. however, I feel that the most suspicious person today is Mc Skittlez.
Raven levels her finger at McSkittlez

Silkenfist
2007-01-13, 07:53 PM
Ah... You poor fools. You want to know how I know he is the Devil? Very well, I shall tell you. In every game that I have played, with at least one of my brothers, one of us has always been a werewolf. In this game, I am not a werewolf, so I am left with a strong basis for assuming that Korith is. I am not the seer, nor am I the fool. No, what I am is very shrewd and sneaky for I have used all methods at my disposal to acertain the truth. In the first game, Korith played a wolf, who ultimately sacrificed himself to gain victory for the wolves. In that game, once the band wagon started forming against him, the wolves joined in, sealing his fate, and granting them cover. Having known Korith for 23 years, I can assure you that this is a tactic he would definatly reuse, and pass on to his wolfish kin. Now, as to why I suspect Indurain of being the Devil, I have 2 reasons: First, Both he and Korith have been reasonable active, though Indurain has been moreso. By being active in the game, it lessens the suspicion against him, as the Devils in games past have always been quite. Second, I have nothing left to lose by making this accusation, because if I am killed tonight, it sets suspicion upon him. On the same hand, if I am not killed tonight, I will very likely be lynched tommorow. Either way, I find myself willing to sacrifice myself, if it will rid the town of the one who I feel is the most likely candidate of being the Devil.

Now this is an argument, I can't follow at all....

1. Werewolf games are directed by different moderators with (hopefully) methods of randomisation. Prior occurence of people being wolves have absolutely ZERO value.

2. There is no objective reason for the devil to be loud. Sure, being quite gets you suspected later on, but this is counterweighted by the possibility of running off with your mouth early and getting yourself killed needlessly. Also, your argument seems a bit circular. If Indurain was being quite, you might have interpreted that has reason for being the devil, too.

3. Having nothing to lose is NEVER an argument for anything. If you are going to be lynched anyway, your best strategy as an wolf would be to spread a maximum of distraction and mistrust while you are going - which seems to be exactly what you are doing.


Sorry, but:

*unpoint Rumda*
*point at Eldritch Knight*

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-01-13, 09:40 PM
*Yawn* Wow, I slept well last night.
*Squeak*
Well, yeah. I was tired. Wait...El Jaspero's dead? And he may have been a seer?
*Squeak*
Well, that does not bode well. We may have lost a great advantage to the wolves last night.

The Captain walks around town, listening to the new round of accusations and suspicion.

*Sigh* I just don't know who to trust anymore. While Eldritch Knight may be right in his suspicions toward Indurain, it is equally likely that he is just trying to divert attention from himself. But I still believe that we should focus on the known threat. mc skittlez has proved to be, at best, erratic in his voting, and he did not even attempt to deny the accusations toward him. I stand by my last vote. mc skittlez is the real threat to our town.

Korith
2007-01-13, 09:50 PM
I'm torn between mc skittlez and the Eldritch knight right now, but still, I shall vote:

A coin flip should suffice.
1 (Heads): mc skittlez
2 (Tails): Eldritch Knight
[roll0]

EDIT: So be it, the coin has spoken.
Korith points at Eldritch Knight

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-13, 09:55 PM
I'm also still very wary of Ms. E. Until someone can vouch for her identity (or refute her claim), I think she should be watched very closely.

"Hm? Oh, by all means." She shuffles across the street. Suddenly, she trips on Death's robes and lands flat on her face. Ms E asks muffledly, "Nhobody shaw that, rhight? Bothur."

evnafets
2007-01-13, 09:56 PM
:smallbiggrin: yeah right. we know you know how to fake dice rolls. You're just using it as an excuse to vote for EK, while making it seem random :smallbiggrin:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-13, 09:58 PM
after seeing Ms. E trip and fall I think to myself She's now tripping over robes of a dead guy? Maybe she's crazy in the head. I still think she needs watching though.

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-13, 10:16 PM
wait, did you say I didnt deny my accusors? Did you read the last few pages or are you blind? the fact is, Im just to futile to explain my innosence.You know what? i dont care. If you want to, you can vote for me. I wont reply in any negative manner. So lynch me already! Every one seems to want to.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-13, 10:17 PM
I think Librarian is our wolf

Tharj points at Librarian

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-13, 10:25 PM
actually no, you didn't argue your innocene Mcskittlez. ((you were first accused on page 9 of the thread, and didn't respond until page 12)). On top of that, the first thing you did was accuse Alarra. You also seem to be taking it pretty well that you're the early favorite to be lynched. Heck you're not even making an attempt at a defense.

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-13, 10:29 PM
because I kow that youll deny it and that either way I cant win. Also the problem was I was ssick for a few days and could look at the computer until about page 12 so thats when i responded to my accusations.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-01-13, 11:29 PM
*points his pipe at Eldritch Knight

"No hard feelings, right, sir?"

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-13, 11:59 PM
Well, I don't know how the votes break down, but I'll point at Mcskittles

I know I'm right, but since you've chosen not to believe me, I will let justice take it's course.

Lucky
2007-01-14, 12:14 AM
Good question Mr. Knight...

Altharis: (1)
mc skittlez ninja master

Eldritch Knight: (8)
Bookman
DarkLightDragon
Korith
Lord Fullbladder
Ms. Elaneous
Selrahc
Silkenfist
Thes Hunter

Joosbawx: (1)
Atreyu the Masked LLama

mc skittlez ninja master: (9)
Altharis
Ceika
Cult of the Raven
Eldritch Knight
Gnome Barbarian
Helgraf
Indurain
Kantur
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom

Rumda: (2)
evnafets
The Librarian

The Librarian: (3)
Captain van der Decken
Ink
Tharj Treesmiter

No Vote: (6)
Captain "Fluffy"
Joosbawx
Klinn
Rumda
Tormsskull

Missing: (1)
Alarra

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-14, 12:40 AM
((I have a sneaking suspicion that our missing person is about to be no longer missing.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-14, 01:56 AM
(company in town, busy. so quick vote to keep in the game,)

*sherllama points at umm..... Joosbawx*

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-14, 05:30 AM
*points at EK*

Bandwagon. Whatever.

Ceika
2007-01-14, 05:37 AM
*Ceika finally comes to a decision*

I thought you were suspicious before, *she points at Mc Skittlez* and I think you're suspicious still... Eldritch, this doesn't let you off the hook in my mind, but I'm willing to give you a chance.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-14, 10:33 AM
"Like i said before I beliece mc skittlez is the werewolf"

*Gnome Barbarian points at mc skittlez

Korith
2007-01-14, 11:35 AM
:smallbiggrin: yeah right. we know you know how to fake dice rolls. You're just using it as an excuse to vote for EK, while making it seem random :smallbiggrin:

I've also been open about the exploits. Feel free to click "quote" and see that it is a genuine roll.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-14, 11:48 AM
Yup. It's random alright.

Kantur
2007-01-14, 12:29 PM
I still don't trust him
*Kantur points at mc skittlez ninja master

Thes Hunter
2007-01-14, 04:17 PM
Thes has stood and watched as many people have come forward and aired suspicions against a number of people.

Some feel Keffen/The_Librarian is suspicious because he/she attacked Kyrian so quickly and turned out to be wrong. This could be a sign that she is a wolf, and trying to ensure that the village turns on themselves...

Some look at Rumba because of his enthusiasm to see his fellows lynched, and because he has hid in the shadows. Two qualities that could very well likely make him a wolf. Trying to speed up the killing of innocents and hoping his actions are not noticed.....

Ink suggests that the timing of the seer being killed with Ms. E's, call for the seer contacting her seems suspicious. Is Ms. E for real? No mason has risked themselves to counter her... I do not know if that is exactly proof of her validity... but considering a smart seer would have to scry before the contact, the timing doesn't work out. El J was dead before he would have been able to scry. So I highly doubt any contact between El J and Ms. E occured. ((Hopefully as others have said, he was the fool, and not the real seer. ))

Does this also mean that Ms. E is on the level? The timing of El J's death does not prove that she is who she claims she is, but it does show that it is unlikely that she was responsible for his demise. I believe we must continue to watch and see what develops from that.

Eldritch Knight points to Indurian saying that he knows things but can give no real proof. Does this mean that he is a wolf trying to take someone out of the game who is intelligent and charismatic? He has been fairly quite until he began to speak this day, advocating a position not many others seemed to back, and I feel this sort of rabble rousing casts more doubt on Eldritch Knight than whom he accuses.

McSkittels continues to be suspected by many. I can not decide if his actions are from a guilty concious, or from..... well... to put this undiplomatically, immaturity.

It is a ghastly reality having to pick someone for the gallows. Especially since the tongues of wolves can twist and tangle like neglected fishing nets. To simply this grim choice, I have decided that Eldritch Knight and McSkittles seem the most suspicious so far.

I do not like choose the fate of someone's life on something as capricious as a coin toss. And normally I would not allow my emotions to guide my actions, but in the face of no other information, I must allow some gut reaction to help me choose between the two.

And therefore I feel I must choose:


** Thes points at Eldritch Knight **

If I am wrong, the gods have mercy on both of our souls.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-14, 05:51 PM
Eldritch Knight points to Indurian saying that he knows things but can give no real proof. Does this mean that he is a wolf trying to take someone out of the game who is intelligent and charismatic? He has been fairly quite until he began to speak this day, advocating a position not many others seemed to back, and I feel this sort of rabble rousing casts more doubt on Eldritch Knight than whom he accuses.

McSkittels continues to be suspected by many. I can not decide if his actions are from a guilty concious, or from..... well... to put this undiplomatically, immaturity.

It is a ghastly reality having to pick someone for the gallows. Especially since the tongues of wolves can twist and tangle like neglected fishing nets. To simply this grim choice, I have decided that Eldritch Knight and McSkittles seem the most suspicious so far.

I do not like choose the fate of someone's life on something as capricious as a coin toss. And normally I would not allow my emotions to guide my actions, but in the face of no other information, I must allow some gut reaction to help me choose between the two.

And therefore I feel I must choose:


** Thes points at Eldritch Knight **
If I am wrong, the gods have mercy on both of our souls.

I know for a fact that I am not a wolf. However, there is no real way for me to prove that with absolute certainty. I will say this however, if I am right, and my theory about Indurain is correct, and he is the Devil, and he is able to escape, than we will find ourselves at a severe disadvantage. I'm willing to put my life on the line to see him lynched, so certain is my conviction. The only other statement I can really make is that I hope that justice finds it's course, and a wolf is hanged tonight. As such, go for Mcskittles. He may not be a wolf, but he has a greater chance of being such than I.

B-Man
2007-01-14, 08:55 PM
As night falls, the villagers continue to debate who should be lynched. In the confusion, no-one notices that Alarra has returned from her expidition. she is dragging a rather large sack of coffee beans.

What's with all the townsfolk and this argument? she asks a nearby NPC. The NPC relates everything that has happened over the past three days. Wolves?! Attacking people?! Oh my!

B-Man's assistant runs to the centre of the village square and says: "C'mon folks! We need to figure out who we're going to hang tonight! It's nearly night time!" He points towards Mc. Skittlez and Eldritch Knight. "One of these two should be hanged, but who?"

Alarra, without any complete knowledge of what has happened, points her finger at Mc Skittlez. As a citizen of Loupsang, I believe that I have the right to vote who is to be lynched.

B-Man's assistant nods his head and orders the NPCs to tie up Mc Skittlez and lead him to the gallows. He's about to have the noose tied around his neck when Tharj says: "Hey! I've built this guilotine for this village and it is yet to be used!"

Mc Skittlez protests: "But I'm not a wolf! And I don't want my head chopped off!"

The assistant sighs and says: "He will be hanged. End of story."

The noose is fitted over Mc Skittlez' head and the chair is quickly kicked away, not giving him a chance to say his last words. His neck doesn't snap as the chair is kicked away. He struggles for minutes, gasping for breath. Suddenly, all movement stops, and his body goes limp.

The villagers lean in closely to examine the body. They joyously find a wolf in the noose.

((To summarise: Mc Skittlez = wolf. Please, don't shred this piece of work either. Alarra has not cast her votes yet, I simply needed something to end the 'draw'. We lynch the person who came to majority first, which was Mc Skittlez.))

Night begins and will end tomorrow at 9 PM EST

((...and remind me to tell my managers never to schedule me for a split shift... ever.))

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-14, 09:02 PM
Phew... That was a close one. Probably not going to live to see tommorow night anyway.....

evnafets
2007-01-14, 09:09 PM
The question right now is who won't live to see tomorrow morning...

B-Man
2007-01-14, 09:09 PM
...sorry... messed up skittlez' role... please re-read the original lynching...

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 09:10 PM
See Keffren! I tried to tell you, but you had to go and lynch me...must have been protecting something....

Kyrian's ghost floats around, wishing he could be heard by the living.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-01-14, 09:11 PM
Oh, well that's completely different. yay.

Rumda
2007-01-14, 10:01 PM
well at least we got another one

Alarra
2007-01-14, 10:12 PM
(Well lookie there....In town for 5 seconds and I correctly kill a wolf.....and without even voting! man i'm good. =P)

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 10:15 PM
Jas, I don't think she's noticed yet...

Thes Hunter
2007-01-14, 10:15 PM
(( Yay! Another one! Now only 6 left! ))

Thes gives a satisfied nod when Mc Skittles transforms into a wolf. However she grimaces as she realizes her gut instincts about his immaturity may have been misplaced.

She turns and heads to her hut, where the sound of a security bar being set can be heard.

zeratul
2007-01-14, 10:32 PM
im in sounds like a fun game.

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-01-14, 10:49 PM
See? See?!? I told you! He was the real threat. Okay, my gloating is done. I'm sleepy, and I'm going to head to bed. Besides, it's getting to be dangerous after dark.

The very tired Captain walks back to his house. He goes inside, preparing himself for a good night's sleep. However, he steps back out after remembering a certain someone.

Phil! No looting the dead body!
*Squeak!*

Fluffy enters his house once again, this time with Phil in check. He closes and locks the door, hoping for an undisturbed rest until morning.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-14, 11:11 PM
looking around and very pleased with the villagers (and himself) for standing toe to toe with, and standing up to the wolf all day, PGCoD goes home, locks himself in again with Mr. BFG.

Helgraf
2007-01-15, 12:38 AM
The old man's sorrow is mitigated by the revelation that McSkittles was, in fact, one of the hated werewolves. He shook his head and wondered how much longer this could go on, then headed into his house, closing the door and barring it, taking with him once more his axe, purely for psychological value of course, knowing he could not possibly overcome a werewolf with it.

Altharis
2007-01-15, 01:57 AM
Yay! We got one! Woo! *Parties!*

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-15, 02:38 AM
Hooray! We got another one!

Selrahc
2007-01-15, 03:39 AM
Niiiiiice.

That gives us pretty much the best track record on lynching ever doesn't it? Woot.

Skittles wasn't a total surprise, he was suspicious. I just attributed it to the poor English skills(No offense) rather than assuming he was a werewolf. Guess I should be more paranoid and judgemental :smalltongue:

Silkenfist
2007-01-15, 04:51 AM
Skittles wasn't a total surprise, he was suspicious. I just attributed it to the poor English skills(No offense) rather than assuming he was a werewolf. Guess I should be more paranoid and judgemental :smalltongue:

Seconded :smallsmile:

The_Librarian
2007-01-15, 05:35 AM
The librarian returns to her home and looks mildly relieved.

Silkenfist
2007-01-15, 05:37 AM
See Keffren! I tried to tell you, but you had to go and lynch me...must have been protecting something....

Kyrian's ghost floats around, wishing he could be heard by the living.


Kyrian...no influencing votes. We know what your opinion on her is.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-15, 07:41 AM
"Geez! Thanks for freakin' me out Mr. Narrator Man. I was all like, 'Oh snap! Not another villager.'" Ms E crosses her arms and fake pouts a little. :smallwink:

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-01-15, 08:04 AM
^ she is good at that.

*Death violently mimes that Ms E should not swing the scythe around when she frolics or skips...*

Korith
2007-01-15, 08:18 AM
Ha! Death is just afraid that if Ms E reaps herself, he'll be replaced and out of a job.

You can go back to endorsing running with scissors, Death. Nothing to worry about.

Joosbawx
2007-01-15, 08:47 AM
((hey, nice job, all. Sorry so scarce lately. Back in business now, however.))

Joosbawx watches MC Skittlez swing and nods once the transformation takes place. Turning around, he heads to his gardens for a few minutes of nighttime maintenence before locking himself behind his door and settling by the fire with a nice cup of evening tea and a book. Stoking the fire, he stays up late pondering and making a few notations in the book before eventually drifting off to sleep in the chair.

Ceika
2007-01-15, 09:36 AM
*Ceiks watches with anticipation as the body is hung. Only when it changes does she let out her breath in a sigh. She nods, clenching her fists momentarily before angerly raising a fist at the corpse.*

Take that, you vile wolves! We'll see every last one of you hanged!

*She spat on the corpse with an angry glare, then, having said all she wanted to, she heads back to her hut for the night.*

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-15, 10:47 AM
((I don't know that it was the english thing that hurt Mcskittlez, I mean the myspace link in his sig says he's from Alabama. I know those southerners talk funny, but they're not that bad. I attribute it to his lack of role playing and getting in character that really did him in.))

Ceika
2007-01-15, 11:04 AM
((wha'ch y'all mean us southerners talk funny? I ain' nevah been 'cused o talkin funny...))

Rumda
2007-01-15, 11:10 AM
now we just need to survive the night....

mc skittlez ninja master
2007-01-15, 06:40 PM
dang. I just notiuced I was hanged. Oh, and also, Im not from alabama its just the myspace default and Im too lazy too change it. Also, just to say, dont were wolves need to be killed by silver bulllets?

B-Man
2007-01-15, 09:02 PM
The sun rises as the rooster begins to crow. Everything seems to be a normal morning, like from before the wolves plagued the village. B-man's assistant does a quick head count and to his dismay, it appears that one person is missing. Eldritch Knight as not come out of his house. The village NPCs quietly run to his house and find that the lock has been hacked off and the door slightly adjar. The assistant nervously enters the house and finds and new chandelier being hung by the Eldritch Knight's entrails. He vomits at the site and looks around the room. The walls are wet with blood and lemon juice, but the body is no-where to be found. He makes his way to Eldritch's garden and finds his corpse swaying in the breeze, hung on his garden arch. Their are several minor cuts along his entire body, but none bigger than a paper cut. The corpse appears to be sweating blood, although all life from Eldritch's body was ended hours ago. In a small pool of blood that collected underneath his corpse, a message is written:

Next time check the sell by date, this one was kinda rotten, we should have just settled for hufu.


With another villager killed, the villagers don't know what to do.

((To summarise: EK = villager))

Day begins and will end on Jan 17/07 at 9 PM EST

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-15, 09:20 PM
Well, there is really only one thing to say..... I TOLD YOU SO!

Bit morbid for my tastes, I would have preferred to write it myself, so for future reference, if I'm going to be killed, let me know so I can write it myself, please.

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-01-15, 09:45 PM
The Captain steps outside, holding a cup of morning tea. After the mysterious absence of Eldritch Knight, he follows the assistant to his house.

I'm sure he's just feeling sick or some...thing. *drops teacup* Oh...my......wow. That's evil. Even for werewolves, that's bloody evil.
*Squeak?*

Fluffy ignores Phil's plea for attention. He walks out of Eldritch's house, heading for the town square.

Well, I can think of a few good reasons the werewolves would want Eldritch Knight dead. I think a certain suspected devil may have had a hand in this.

Indurain
2007-01-15, 10:21 PM
Indurain comes outside, looking around at the remaining villagers. He notices the absence of EK.

"Oh Shock!"

Indurain arrives at the cabin of EK, just in time to catch the last of Fluffy's speech.

"So, EK has been attacked. And now the fingers will begin their hunt for me no doubt. Again, in this situation it is hard to defend your position...especially when something as suspicious as this happens. All I can say is this."

Indurain clears his throat slightly.

"Yesterday, when accusations were being thrown around at myself, at EK, at mc skittlez, I stuck with my convictions and pointed at Mc Skittlez. This was fairly early in the voting when a vote such as mine could have swayed the voting either way...in fact, if I had of voted for EK, he would have been the one in the gallows, and suffered a more dignified death than this." Indurain says, pointing to the gruesome scene.

"In the end it turns out my insticts were right, EK was innocent, and Mc Skittlez was indeed a wolf. I am acting for the good of the town...and would like to continue to do so in the future."

Indurain lets out a sigh.

"I can only assume the wolves are out to frame me, as the attack on EK shows. He was the only one out to get me yesterday, and I know things look suspicious. All I can do is ask that you trust me in these dark times."

"As for my suspicions I do have them. The Librarian still remains on my list, and I have a strange feeling about that Kantur fellow. But for now I have nothing to go on. I can only hope the wolves do something to reveal themselves in this coming day. I will hold my judgement until later."

Indurain looks off towards the rising sun, not wanting to face the fingers that will no doubt be coming his way.

Helgraf
2007-01-15, 10:46 PM
Helgraf woke, gave a silent prayer that he woke, then strode into the village. He shuddered as the scene was described to him, pressing hand to mouth, but managing to hold down his gorge; just as well as he hadn't eaten yet, and dry heaves are particularly unpleasant.

He shook his head slightly, began to listen to the survivors to try and determine who among them might be a wolf.

Altharis
2007-01-15, 10:52 PM
*barfing sound* "There goes breakfast." *walrus barfing sound* "There goes both our breakfasts."

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-16, 12:28 AM
After night ends, PGCoD walks outside and notices no one there. After a brief jaunt around town, he sees everyone congregated at EK's. Upon going over and seeing the gruesome scene first hand he remarks Well, I'm glad I didn't eat anything yet today. First they basically drill a hole in someone's head, and now this. They seems to be getting more creative as time goes on. Not that they should be praised by any mean for killing, but you have to give them kudos for at least trying to make it interesting. at any rate, where do we go from here. He then thinks to himself Well, we haven't heard a peep from Ms. E over the last few days about the whole Mason thing. Nor has anyone come forward yet to attest to her claim. So, if she is indeed a Mason, the rest of them are leaving her out all by her lonesome. At any rate, I think she's still the one to go after.

Bookman
2007-01-16, 01:27 AM
Ok..........maybe EK had a point...... Points at Indurain

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-16, 02:25 AM
Okay. I don't think jumping to conclusions is the best of ideas. It would be pretty foolish for a wolf to kill somebody directly challlenging them. So Indurain may not be a wolf.

Thes Hunter
2007-01-16, 02:43 AM
Thes awoke in the morning, dreading what would be found. She gathered with B-Man, and stood silently while he counted. She trotted along with him as he ran to EK's house. Upon witnessing the nightmarish scene she stood her straight, like she was at attention. Her years of military training coming back as a way of dealing with the ugly scene. When no one watching though, she slid of and dry heaved into the bushes.

Once her stomach calmed itself, she came back to the group, away from the wretched scene.

"Whomever did this must be stopped, that is just inhuman."


Okay. I don't think jumping to conclusions is the best of ideas. It would be pretty foolish for a wolf to kill somebody directly challlenging them. So Indurain may not be a wolf.

Thes nods at the Captain's words and adds "Silkenfist said as much yesterday, when someone suggested that we look at Kantur because El J pointed at him whilst he was still amongst us. Silkenfist seems fairly experienced with the way the wolves think. And he has not let us down so far, so maybe we should listen to him on this point as well."

The_Librarian
2007-01-16, 03:26 AM
The Librarian approaches the scene cautiously, trying to avoid getting any of the evidence on her boots. She pales and sways as she sees EK's body, and frowns.

"I think I knew a librarian who died like that," she says. "Though it was a terrible accident involving a pile of open books, a large quantity of string and an icecream." She looks around at the other villagers. "You wouldn't believe how many bad looks I've gotten from telling someone to keep their icecream outside in summer. Those poor fools, if they only knew!" She looks at the message and sighs.

"Indurain has every reason to suspect me if he is a villager, and reason to accuse me if he is a wolf. As a villager, he could say I deliberately misled you all - as I have said, an innocent man went to the pyre because of me, something I am not proud of. Consider, though, EK's accusation against Indurain. Now that we know EK was a villager, this does not cast Indurain in a favourable light, and his continued suspicion against me could well be because he and his pack fear to face a lowly paladin and her sword.

"But I do not truly believe that. I think it far more likely that EK's death has been timed to cast suspicion on, well, I can not call him "innocent", but he is no murderer.

"That leaves Kantur." She sighs. "I just can't see it. What has this man done other than keep his head down and tried to get on with his life? As much as I respected the good Captain, in this case, I have to believe he was a Fool, not a Seer.

"And as for my accusation, I will wait for now."

Silkenfist
2007-01-16, 05:08 AM
Hm...in order to point, I need to look again more closely, but right now I'd like to support Indurain. I trust him to be more intelligent than THAT. I mean...in the case of him vs. EK, the village (among them, I) was mostly on his side. There was simply no need to nightkill the knight.
Also, I will keep stating that EK's suspicions against Indurain were mostly based on evidence from outside this game and the assumption of deliberate distribution of roles. I don't think, Indurain would have needed to be afraid and I don't think he was stupid enough to do so.

Kyrian
2007-01-16, 06:44 AM
Kyrian's ghost floats behind Keffren Libris.

What a surprise? Not going to vote another villager off at this time, Keffren??

Tormsskull
2007-01-16, 09:13 AM
T-man ponders for a long time. "Ok, call me impatient, but I think the masons are simply moving to slowly. I am the seer, confirmed by the fact that the other 'seer' has died and all of my scries have come out correctly. Ms. Elaneous is in fact a mason. She has not revealed to me who the other masons are (for good reason). So, to prove that I am the seer & not the devil or fool, I bring you another wolf. I scried Indurian and he came up 'Wolf'. I advise everyone to follow me in pointing at Indurian.

Once he is lynched, I suggest Ms. Elaneous gives me the names of all of the masons so I don't waste rounds scrying them. Also, if the baner would protect me that would be awesome, and PM me as well so I can confirm your role with a scry."

Tormsskull points at Indurian.

Kantur
2007-01-16, 09:33 AM
Silkenfist, you surprise me. Is it not possible, even likely that a wolf would deliberatly go for a public enemy? Every time someone's died, the peron they accused has been treated as an innocent because "A wolf wouldn't be so stupid or foolish to do that".

Now let's test out Tormsskull's other sight
*Kantur points at Indurian

Alarra
2007-01-16, 09:41 AM
Alarra nods. I'm willing to give that a try. Better than pointing completely blindly anyway...
*Alarra points at Indurain

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-16, 09:49 AM
The ghost of EK is disco dancing......


((Okay, so I'm bored and in need of Caffine, what more do you want?))

Silkenfist
2007-01-16, 09:56 AM
Silkenfist, you surprise me. Is it not possible, even likely that a wolf would deliberatly go for a public enemy? Every time someone's died, the peron they accused has been treated as an innocent because "A wolf wouldn't be so stupid or foolish to do that".

Because even IF we let the wolf off the hook afterwards, they would have made a bad deal. I know that I would have gone after EK again and with little effort, the wolves might have brought us to waste another day lynching an innocent villager.

However, Torms validity shall be tested.

*point at Indurain*

Ceika
2007-01-16, 10:06 AM
*Ceika listens to Tormsskull with interest and curiousity.*

How would that prove you're not the devil, sacraficing one of the pack to solidify your claims? If by your claims, you obtain a list of names and turn out to be a wolf, the villagers will have doomed themselves, as the wolfkin will be able to work down the line of the powerful. That being said, I don't see why you'd point at someone other than a wolf, whether you are the Seer or the Devil. But you'll have my vote tomorrow if you're wrong.

I have my doubts, but for now at least, I'll consider this one a freebie, *Ceika points at Indurian* and may the gods have mercy upon our souls if we spill innocent blood...

Korith
2007-01-16, 10:07 AM
Torm, if this is an attempt to deceive us, rest assured that your death will be a sold-out event.

However, most likely you're right. Open seers seem to be surprisingly effective.

Korith points at Indurain.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-16, 10:21 AM
Ms E skips across town and succeeds in tripping once again at Tormsskull's confession. As she rights herself, she begins speaking, "Some indication is better than none. Which is what we've been running off of so far. "

*Points at Indurain*

Joosbawx
2007-01-16, 10:48 AM
Joosbawx listens nods before pointing.

"Hopefully my own suspicions have been confirmed in this case, also."

Joosbawx pints to Indurian.

Ink
2007-01-16, 11:40 AM
"Very well, I will place my trust in 'Skull's judgement this once. All the cool kids are doing it."

* Ink joins the throng and points at Indurain

Helgraf
2007-01-16, 12:26 PM
"The seer's claims will be proven or revealed shortly enough," he murmurered, "and by the grace of the Gods, may he be proven true."

* Helgraf points at Indurian *

Rumda
2007-01-16, 12:26 PM
This could mean one of three things
1.Indurain is a wolf and the wolves killed EK as revenge fro pointing at him
2.Indurain is not a wolf and the wolves are trying to frame him
3.Indurain is a wolf and they are trying to make us think they are trying to frame him to distract attention from him
well the third option seems to have failed if that was there intention, and as much as I want to rid this place of the wolves i don't want any more innocent blood on my hands but we have no further leads today and it seems inevitable now so I point to Indurain

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-16, 02:09 PM
PCGoD turns to the Librarian and asks I can understand the books and the string, but how on earth does ice cream fit into the mix? After that, he continues AS far as we know the seer is dead, and Tormsskull referred to him as the "other seer". To me, if he was actually the seer, he would have called the dead man the fool, so I don't trust him. It seems that Indurain is going to be lynched no matter what I do, but never the less, I still don't trust Ms. E.

points at Tormsskull

But now I trust Tormsskull even less.

Silkenfist
2007-01-16, 02:19 PM
PCGoD turns to the Librarian and asks I can understand the books and the string, but how on earth does ice cream fit into the mix? After that, he continues AS far as we know the seer is dead, and Tormsskull referred to him as the "other seer". To me, if he was actually the seer, he would have called the dead man the fool, so I don't trust him. It seems that Indurain is going to be lynched no matter what I do, but never the less, I still don't trust Ms. E.

points at Tormsskull

But now I trust Tormsskull even less.

?

Please tell me that this finger is merely a sign of your mistrust and that you are not really suggesting that we should lynch a claimed seer, who offers verification on the very same day.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-16, 02:21 PM
((yes it is mistrust, when I"m using colored speech and point, I'm completely in character))

B-Man
2007-01-16, 02:21 PM
Indurain(14):
Alarra
Bookman
Captain van der Decken
Ceika
Helgraf
Ink
Joosbawx
Kantur
Korith
Ms. Elaneous
Rumda
Selrahc
Silkenfist
Tormsskull

Tormsskull (1):
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom

No Vote: (11)
Altharis
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Captain "Fluffy"
Cult of the Raven
DarkLightDragon
Gnome Barbarian
Indurain
Klinn
Lord Fullbladder
Tharj Treesmiter
Thes Hunter

((I've lost track of who's supposed to be auto-lynched. No auto-lynch when this day ends, but auto-lynching will resume on Day 5.))

Selrahc
2007-01-16, 02:39 PM
Support of the masons for this seer? Thats good enough for me.

*Points at Indurain*

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-16, 02:41 PM
I trust Tormskull enough to accept he may be the seer. Especially if he has the support of the Masons.
*Points at Indurain*

B-Man
2007-01-16, 02:43 PM
Majority reached! Lynch scene to come.

B-Man
2007-01-16, 02:58 PM
As the sun began to set on the small town the villagers began to grow restless. Their fingers had done their pointing for the day, and they were eager to send another to the gallows. Though as they followed their fingers, they realised that Indurain had vanished.

“When did he disappear?” one voice rang out.

“I wasn’t watching.” Another one responded.

“Search the village!” Came a cry from a few people gathered within the crowd.

“NO NEED!!” A voice yelled, easily drowning out the murmurs of the crowd.

There Indurain stood, one hand held a large shot glass, filled with a brown liquid; his other arm was held behind his back. He staggered towards the villagers, obviously intoxicated.

“GET HIM!” The cry rang through the assembled masses.

“BACK OFF!” Indurain screamed, a low growl accompanying his command.

“If I’m to go down, due to the underhanded tactics of you people, then I will go down on my terms not yours!” Indurain’s face began to grow long; gasps of horror filled the air.

“What’s that saying? ‘One last shot and then salut?’” Indurain asked, looking around the crowd as if for an answer. Not finding one, he quickly drank the liquid from the glass, and whipped out his other arm. No one had time to react as the gun flew up to Indurain’s temple, and the wolf pulled the trigger.

Lynch Scene: B-Man's Edition

It seems that the gods have pressed fast-forward, because the sun sets when the locals could have sworn that the sun had just risen.

Indurain is led to the gallows and he still refuses to look at his accusers' fingers pointed at him. He stays calm even though the noose is tied tightly around his neck. B-Man's assistant approaches Indurain and asks: "Do you have any final words?"

"Yes, I do." he replies, as his naked body grows hairy and his teeth become pointy. "I know that it wasn't the smartest of choices, we just wanted Eldritch Knight to suffer. I had no intention of killing him." A feral look comes across his eyes. "But it's not enough to just make them suffer... we craved blood! ...we also noted that his living room was too dark... so we... yeah... you saw what we did."

The assistant makes a motion with his finger and a villager kicks the chair from beneath Indurain. Indurain releases a howl which is cut short when the rope tightens around his neck. A sickening snap replaces the howl, and then silence.

A mournful howl is heard in the distance, as a gust of wind makes the corpse sway.

((To summarise: Indurain = Wolf))

The Day ended early, but night will end tomorrow at 9 PM EST

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-16, 03:06 PM
Now that has to be the quickest lynching ever. Seems that the werewolves are getting reckless, and that we may have them on their heels. But who knows. Personally, I think our next step should be to deterimine if Tormsskull is in fact our seer, or the fool. PGCoD, goes home barricades himself in as usual with his friend BFG.

((FYI: the Masons have yet to support Tormsskull as some of you have stated. All he did was ask for their support.))

Selrahc
2007-01-16, 03:12 PM
Now that has to be the quickest lynching ever. Seems that the werewolves are getting reckless, and that we may have them on their heels. But who knows. Personally, I think our next step should be to deterimine if Tormsskull is in fact our seer, or the fool. PGCoD, goes home barricades himself in as usual with his friend BFG.

((FYI: the Masons have yet to support Tormsskull as some of you have stated. All he did was ask for their support.))


I took it as implied, due to the fact that yesterday EK was denounced by our public face of the masons, and today they were not. The only mason we know decided to vote on his recommendations.

Thats got to at least be tacit aproval.:smallwink:


Sidenote: Woot 3 for 4. This village rocks. Tormsskull? Consider yourself to have won a supporter.

Indurain
2007-01-16, 03:13 PM
(I...uh...what? Oh man...I had my death scene all written out and everything...oh well. Yeah...guess me logic failed me this time. Though I will say, I think a few people have identified themselves to our side today. You shall pay in blood!)

Indurain
2007-01-16, 03:35 PM
(Should be in your PM box now B-Man)

B-Man
2007-01-16, 03:36 PM
Indy's death is up... along with my original in the spoiler...

Tormsskull
2007-01-16, 03:45 PM
T-man goes to sleep praying for baner protection and another successful scry.

Silkenfist
2007-01-16, 03:56 PM
Thes nods at the Captain's words and adds "Silkenfist said as much yesterday, when someone suggested that we look at Kantur because El J pointed at him whilst he was still amongst us. Silkenfist seems fairly experienced with the way the wolves think.

I can't decide whether this is a compliment or an indirect accusation :smallwink:

Ah, whatever. 'nother wolf dead and our seer still alive (or so I hope). Off to sleep and hoping that my initial batting average becomes better tomorrow.

Ceika
2007-01-16, 03:57 PM
*Ceika watches Indurian intently, but jumps back a step when the gun goes off.*

One last shot... so it would seem... one last shot and one less wolf! Good job guys... that's one less monster out tonight.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-16, 04:08 PM
I'd take that as a compliment, Silk...

Of course the baner's gonna protect him, right? It'd be pretty foolish not to, if Tormskull's the seer.

The_Librarian
2007-01-16, 04:30 PM
The librarian watches the drunken Indurain in horror, and screams as the gun goes off. She sways in shock and stumbles off home for the night.