PDA

View Full Version : Werewolves Classic II (Cancelled.)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-28, 01:22 AM
"THES? but...but....she can't be a wolf! That would explain so much. GAH! Curse my luck!)

*Sherllama points at Thes while Tony fumes that all his hard work was for naught*

(I can't do it. Something doesn't seem right here.)

Helgraf
2007-01-28, 01:32 AM
"Ya know, I'm gonna be awfully miffed if by some freak fluke Tormskull isn't the Seer."

* Helgraf points at Thes Hunter *

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-28, 01:56 AM
"Ya know, I'm gonna be awfully miffed if by some freak fluke Sehlrac isn't the Seer."

* Helgraf points at Thes Hunter *

the ghost of PCGoD looks down on Helgraf, then up to the ghost of Sehlrac beside him who died yesterday from a lynching. Kudos to you Sehlrac, you're a dead werewolf, and somehow you got someone to believe you were the seer, very impressive.

Helgraf
2007-01-28, 02:03 AM
the ghost of PCGoD looks down on Helgraf, then up to the ghost of Sehlrac beside him who died yesterday from a lynching. Kudos to you Sehlrac, you're a dead werewolf, and somehow you got someone to believe you were the seer, very impressive.

((:shakes head: Bah... late night posting never was very good to me.))

Lucky
2007-01-28, 02:54 AM
I am sorry to announce, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I have been forced to call this game off.

I am sorry to say, but there has been a serious case of cheating in this game, and it makes it no fun for the wolves, for either of the narrators, or for anyone who knows it was taking place. For that reason I have called the game to deal with this now and come out with the story now.

Eldritch Knight somehow accessed his brother's account, and as you know Korith was a wolf. When he did this he found out the identity of every wolf. We thought it would end when we killed him off, but nope, instead this info somehow made it's way to the Seer who then began to scry them all and have them lynched. NOT. FUN.

So, this game is over. I look forward to hosting the next one, and hoping it's played fairly.

Honestly guys, this is a freaking forum-based game! It's supposed to be friendly and fun for everyone. You don't win anything if your side wins, so why cheat? It's just dumb.

I have talked to Alarra and while I wish there to be no infractions issued this time, infractions can be issued for cheating, and have been in at least one case which will go unnamed.

So let this be a warning to anyone who wants to cheat in future games, you're just ruining the game for everyone while possibly putting yourself in a position you don't want to be in.

Hopefully I made myself clear in that I am very annoyed that this ever happened, and will make sure any future incidents will be dealt with.

The new thread will be up soon.

Alarra
2007-01-28, 03:00 AM
Mod Goddess: I would also like to point people to the SMBG rules announcement up at the top of the page. I have edited this to include rules specific to cheating on games. You will note that you are not allowed to participate in the next incarnation of a game if you cheated in the previous. Let's play nice people. These are silly message board games, and cheating really ruins them for everyone.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-28, 03:22 AM
:eek:

That's .. kinda shocking.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-01-28, 04:31 AM
Wait, Thes was a wolf? Et tu brutus? Does no one love the misunderstood reaper? Or did you all wish to knock me off? *Death shakes his head. He recalled the good ol' days with Joosbawx eating.*

Ink
2007-01-28, 07:22 AM
What the heck?? So deep into the game and it gets cancelled? Now that is really rather annoying.

Tormsskull
2007-01-28, 10:50 AM
Eldritch Knight somehow accessed his brother's account, and as you know Korith was a wolf. When he did this he found out the identity of every wolf. We thought it would end when we killed him off, but nope, instead this info somehow made it's way to the Seer who then began to scry them all and have them lynched. NOT. FUN.

Wow, this makes me look really bad. For the record, I scryed both Indurian and Korith to be sure they were wolves, because when Eldritch Knight said he was so sure Indurian was a wolf, I figured the only way he would know for sure was from Korith. That's why I sent Korith a PM saying sorry to have lynched him since his brother gave him up.

As for the rest of the wolves, I was given a list by one of our masons of people that they trusted. Now, I had no idea how they had trusted people since they weren't scry confirmed, so that's when I became suspicious. They also gave me a short list of people they were suspicious of, of which both Selrahc & Thes Hunter were on.

So after Selrahc was proven to be a wolf I was mighty suspicious something had gone down behind the scenes. I know that many of you are good friends with one another, and send information to each other via PMs (I've seen this occur in other WW games), so I assumed that's what happened. Of course, I'm not going to call anyone a cheater based on what I assumed.

So, here's my chance to say that I am really disappointed in the people that caused this to happen. I was having a lot of fun, this was the first time I have been able to be the seer, and it was a very interesting experience.

Indurain
2007-01-28, 12:49 PM
I will keep this brief so as not to go off on one of my petty rants.

Tormskull, I hold no ill will towards you, I would have done the exact same in your shoes.

My only regret is that I never got to use the real death scene I had written. For you see, I was the devil. EK had it right (not surprisingly now). I had a huge Devil death scene all ready to go in case you guys did manage to lynch me. It was going to be funny, and catchy...alas, twas not to be. Once it was found the EK had cheated, and that I was going to be lynched because of it, the devil was switched. It's alright though, Thes made a great devil. ;)

Oh...and Llama...now do you understand why us wolves didn't eat Thes, despite your messages?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-28, 12:52 PM
I was suspicious of her after "Yummy Thes" but after not being eaten despite "Thes is fat-free" it was pretty obvious. Alas, had I revealed my logic I'd have probably been lynched.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-28, 01:02 PM
man, well that really disappoints me. This was my first werewolf game and I was having quite a good time. Even after being lynched, I was still quite interested in who was going to prevail. Although it did seem rather odd that after days of not getting a wolf, Tormsskull somehow miraculously got two correct in two days. Now, I know that could happen, but it still seemed rather extraordinary. I just want to say no hard feeling as here for Tormsskull. I was just having fun playing the game. I look forward to the next one.

Thes Hunter
2007-01-28, 01:12 PM
Wait, Thes was a wolf? Et tu brutus? Does no one love the misunderstood reaper? Or did you all wish to knock me off? *Death shakes his head. He recalled the good ol' days with Joosbawx eating.*

Korith suggested eating juice box, and then framing you for it. :smallwink:

Others of us said: "Death is too smart, lets just take him out." And that way we can build suspicion against Kyrian. :smallbiggrin:

Anyway I have a bit more to say.... but I will type that up after I get back from Snowy Michigan.

Selrahc
2007-01-28, 02:15 PM
So.... What were the roles? Who was the Baner?

How many more masons did we have to kill? We found about five of you. Most of our kills were on masons.

Bookman
2007-01-28, 02:18 PM
:tongue:

I was a Mason.

Lemme try and remember the others.

Ms E, Cult Of the Raven, Evnafets, Silkenfist

I know there's others but I can't think right now.

Baner we *think* was Ceika

Lucky
2007-01-28, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I'll have to admit something else... I, uh... accidentally told you Alarra was a Mason... Whoops... Sorry to both sides.

Anyways, here's the list:

Alarra- Villager
Altharis- Villager
Atreyu the Masked LLama- Villager
Bookman- Mason
Captain "Fluffy"- Wolf
Captain van der Decken- Villager
Ceika- Baner
Cult of the Raven- Mason
DarkLightDragon- Villager
Death; your friend the Reaper- Villager
El Jaspero, the Pirate King- Fool
Eldritch Knight- Villager
evnafets- Mason
Gnome Barbarian- Villager
Helgraf- Villager
Indurain- Devil
Ink- Villager
Joosbawx- Villager
Kantur- Mason
Klinn- Villager
Korith- Wolf
Kyrian- Villager
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins- Villager
mc skittlez ninja master- Wolf
Ms. Elaneous- Mason
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom- Villager
Rumda- Villager
Selrahc-Wolf
Silkenfist- Mason
Tormsskull- Seer
Tharj TreeSmiter- Villager
The_Librarian- Villager
Thes Hunter- Wolf
weebl- Wolf

Alarra
2007-01-28, 02:36 PM
I was wondering why the wolves thought I was a mason! I mean...yeah...I was in contact with them, but I wasn't one myself. =)

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-28, 03:18 PM
Ha-ha! Told you guys I was a mason. :smallbiggrin:

Helgraf
2007-01-29, 12:14 AM
Damn, that sucks.

Well, I suppose I can take cold comfort in having "survived" as a villager.

Signing up for the new version.

Thes Hunter
2007-01-29, 12:33 AM
Bookman, you have my reward for never being on my radar as a mason. You have my congrats fine sir.

Would like to comment more, like how I had discounted Ceika as being the baner, when I was very pointed searching for that person, and give a couple observations on a few people in the game. But that sort of post will take time... which I shouldn't have until mid week. So hopefully people will not lose interest by then. :smallbiggrin:

And Torm, I hold no ill will towards you, actually I have a high degree of respect for you.

This game is about cloak and dagger diplomacy, about making your sense motive and innuendo rolls against other peoples sense motive and innuendo rolls. The unknown is all part of the fun. There is no greater fun than having a sheer guess prove to be correct... or even have a sure guess prove to be incorrect.

Believe me, I am totally smiling at Ceika, having deceived me. Oh and I also ran about the house with my arms up in the air yelling "GGGGOOOOOOAAAALLLL" after I found out that El J was one of the 'seer's. (We ate him 1) because he is our friend and 2) because he seemed to be acting like we thought he would if he was a seer.)

So like I said, it's the making the guesses about peoples roles from in game information that makes the game fun, and not having lists handed to you.

Weebl
2007-01-29, 01:59 AM
That might explain why I was so early lynched. Or was that just really bad luck.

Bookman
2007-01-29, 08:04 AM
Bookman, you have my reward for never being on my radar as a mason. You have my congrats fine sir.

I most definatly didn't not have time to pay attention to the game as closely as the others *shifty eyes*

Joosbawx
2007-01-29, 08:37 AM
Wow...drama.

A couple of frustrating werewolf games going on, I guess. I'm still in for the next iterations, however. Thanks for running the game, and for calling it when it needed to be.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-29, 05:06 PM
Well that sucks. So no winners here this time, I hope those involved understand this isn't just about them, when your actions influence others it's especially important to keep those actions honest. That's the only finger wagging I'll do, lets try it again and have some fun!

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-29, 09:17 PM
I am sorry to announce, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I have been forced to call this game off.

I am sorry to say, but there has been a serious case of cheating in this game, and it makes it no fun for the wolves, for either of the narrators, or for anyone who knows it was taking place. For that reason I have called the game to deal with this now and come out with the story now.

So, this game is over. I look forward to hosting the next one, and hoping it's played fairly.

Honestly guys, this is a freaking forum-based game! It's supposed to be friendly and fun for everyone. You don't win anything if your side wins, so why cheat? It's just dumb.

I have talked to Alarra and while I wish there to be no infractions issued this time, infractions can be issued for cheating, and have been in at least one case which will go unnamed.

So let this be a warning to anyone who wants to cheat in future games, you're just ruining the game for everyone while possibly putting yourself in a position you don't want to be in.

Hopefully I made myself clear in that I am very annoyed that this ever happened, and will make sure any future incidents will be dealt with.

The new thread will be up soon.

Huh? Wha? Okay, I did do that, although accidently. I DID NOT SHARE THE INFORMATION WITH ANYONE. What happened was that I accessed the forums on his computer, and not knowing that he was logged in checked what I thought was my messages. Yes, I did remember the names of the wolves, but I did not send it to anyone. I'm sorry for the inconvienence to everyone, but I am being totally honest with the fact that it was an accident. I should have checked the login name first before checking the messages. I apologize to everyone.

And, out of curiosity, how was it found out?

Thes Hunter
2007-01-29, 09:37 PM
Eldritch Knight, something about your last statement seems a bit fishy. Especally contrasted with some of the things you have said earlier in the thread.

Well, in all honesty, Indurain, it's a little *more* than a gut feeling, if you know what I mean.

If it was an accident... why did you feel so compelled to share the information with everyone else?

Did you think that you could still continue to play the game fairly by knowing the identity of all the wolves?

Ah... You poor fools. You want to know how I know he is the Devil? Very well, I shall tell you. In every game that I have played, with at least one of my brothers, one of us has always been a werewolf. In this game, I am not a werewolf, so I am left with a strong basis for assuming that Korith is. I am not the seer, nor am I the fool. No, what I am is very shrewd and sneaky for I have used all methods at my disposal to acertain the truth.

(... snip ...)

((Note: I know I say that I know he is the Devil, but I mean it in an emphatic manner, stressing the strength of my convictions in the manner.))

Note the text in red. Does this really sound like someone who accidentally happened upon the information?

I myself don't think so. :smallmad:

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-29, 11:16 PM
To explain a little about me: When I do something I know is wrong, guilt gets the better of me, and I intentionally slip up when I'm caught. But you're right, the issue isn't how I got the information, the issue is that I used it. However, that particular post is the only use of the information that I can recall. When I wrote that, I meant it as a bluff, but I knew it would come back to bite me. Another thing about me: I am a person who holds honor highly. This is not the sort of thing I would do intentionally on a continual basis, and my brothers would vouch for me on that point. However, I am human, and am prone to the negative nature that affects us all. So yes, I did cheat in getting the information, and using it as a basis for my accusations, however this is the exception to the rule, not the norm. I take integrity very seriously, so when I screw up in manners such as this, it always appears to be much worse than it actually is. It is for this reason that when I am being honest about my wrongdoings, it's not believed. There is such thing as the Actus Reas, and the Mens rea, literally, the 'guilty act' and the 'guilty mind'. Essentially, 'An act does not make a person guilty unless their mind is guilty.' My mind is not guilty in that this was NOT a premeditated action, but my mind is guilty in that I am aware that I have commited a serious wrong. I am a man with strong religious convictions, in fact I am in training for a leadership position, so this sort of thing has no place in my life, and yet because I am human it is unavoidable. So yes, I confess to cheating in applying the knowledge unintentionally obtained.

V Took a law course in high school. Remembered that principle because it came up in conversation a few weeks ago. (Had to look it up to get the spelling right. After all, it WAS 4 years ago.)

2007-01-29, 11:30 PM
^...you didn't actually bother to get legal advice on this did you?

Indurain
2007-01-30, 12:09 AM
*bites his tongue*

(I'm being good.)

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-30, 12:11 AM
This sucks, but at least I can get back in the game.

Thes Hunter
2007-01-30, 08:48 AM
To explain a little about me: When I do something I know is wrong, guilt gets the better of me, and I intentionally slip up when I'm caught. But you're right, the issue isn't how I got the information, the issue is that I used it. However, that particular post is the only use of the information that I can recall. When I wrote that, I meant it as a bluff, but I knew it would come back to bite me. Another thing about me: I am a person who holds honor highly. This is not the sort of thing I would do intentionally on a continual basis, and my brothers would vouch for me on that point. However, I am human, and am prone to the negative nature that affects us all. So yes, I did cheat in getting the information, and using it as a basis for my accusations, however this is the exception to the rule, not the norm. I take integrity very seriously, so when I screw up in manners such as this, it always appears to be much worse than it actually is. It is for this reason that when I am being honest about my wrongdoings, it's not believed. There is such thing as the Actus Reas, and the Mens rea, literally, the 'guilty act' and the 'guilty mind'. Essentially, 'An act does not make a person guilty unless their mind is guilty.' My mind is not guilty in that this was NOT a premeditated action, but my mind is guilty in that I am aware that I have commited a serious wrong. I am a man with strong religious convictions, in fact I am in training for a leadership position, so this sort of thing has no place in my life, and yet because I am human it is unavoidable. So yes, I confess to cheating in applying the knowledge unintentionally obtained.

V Took a law course in high school. Remembered that principle because it came up in conversation a few weeks ago. (Had to look it up to get the spelling right. After all, it WAS 4 years ago.)

Holy number of words Batman!

It seems to me that you are just saying that you could not have possibly cheated as bad as suggested because you are such an honorable guy that the guilt would get to you.

I personally feel that people are defined by their actions and not by their words.

Korith
2007-01-30, 08:52 AM
Rather than trying to justify the act through vague obfuscations and big words, I believe an apology would be more appropriate.

* is waiting *

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 08:57 AM
Points out apology was already made two posts ago. Also points out that act appears worse than actually is. That is the point I was trying to reach. It appears that it was leaked, but as the seer said, he did not get the information on who to scry from me.

Korith
2007-01-30, 08:59 AM
Respectfully, that's not an apology. It's a joke.

You're trying to convince everyone that you're in the right, despite your actions, and dodge out on the consequences.

I'll believe you've apologized when you can stop defending your actions and leave it at that.

2007-01-30, 09:02 AM
Holy number of words Batman!
You called? ...Sorry, had to get that one out of the way....

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 09:03 AM
This from my own brother? I'm appalled. I'm not trying to prove my innocence. I know I'm not innocent in this regard. However, I am trying to salvage the situation by pointing out the facts as they are from my persepective. As I said, I got the information, used it once, but kept it to myself after that. I am not trying to avoid the consequences, or lessen them, all I am trying to do is get the truth out as far as it pertains to me. Your words hurt deeply. But then things remain as they've always been.

So, I'm sorry this happened. It was an accident, but I will ensure that it does not happen again.

Thes Hunter
2007-01-30, 09:09 AM
This from my own brother? I'm appalled. I'm not trying to prove my innocence. I know I'm not innocent in this regard. However, I am trying to salvage the situation by pointing out the facts as they are from my persepective. As I said, I got the information, used it once, but kept it to myself after that. I am not trying to avoid the consequences, or lessen them, all I am trying to do is get the truth out as far as it pertains to me. Your words hurt deeply. But then things remain as they've always been.

So, I'm sorry this happened. It was an accident, but I will ensure that it does not happen again.

What situation are you trying to salvage?

The game? Nope, don't think it could be that... since that has already ended.

You being allowed back in the game? Too use all these words just for that seems a bit silly.

Or are you trying to salvage your reputation, because you don't want people thinking you are such a bad guy, and avoiding you because they feel you might do it again?

Well guess what, you can't salvage that either. You will only be able to take the long path of healing your reputation by proving yourself worthy.

If you are as honorable as you claim, you will have no problem keeping above board and you will repair your reputation with time.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 09:12 AM
True enough. I know my reputation can't be salvage. However, I am also aware that the situation is not as bad as it seems, thus I am trying to get the truth out as far as it pertains to me.

Korith
2007-01-30, 09:18 AM
Then allow me to lend you a hand in getting the truth out; note that I'm leaving out any issues of intent.

Fact #1 You accessed my computer*, saw my private messages, and learned the identities of the wolves

Fact #2 Upon gaining this information, rather than confronting myself, or more importantly: the narrators, you chose to hide the fact that you had accessed information you shouldn't have.

Fact #3 You used the information, in part, and significantly altered the outcome of the game with it.

I have to agree with Thes, in that these are the actions we know of. We have no true window into your intents, and accordingly do not judge according to them.

What boggles me is the question of when you accessed my computer and gained this information, as you were away from the house during much of the game. From the looks of things, I have to suspect that you gained this information at the onset. The wolves suspected something was amiss from the moment you accused Indurain, but I actually bothered to defend your case. What bothers me is that I staked some of my honour in your defense, and now I find that you did, in fact, cheat.

This from my own brother? Let me say that I too, am appalled.

Notes:
* This in itself is not a problem, as I have granted permission to use my computer on certain occasions.

2007-01-30, 09:24 AM
You will only be able to take the long path of healing your reputation by proving yourself worthy.

Come back when you have defeated three green slimes.

...I'm not really helping am I?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-30, 09:40 AM
I'm choosing not to remain silent on this and I'd like to say that I do not think this is the first time you have done this, EK. I believe and it has been said by other players that you accessed your other brother's PM's during werewolf 2. In fact, in that game, you pointed at the Devil (me) citing gut feeling and even that "the seer saw me and told you." I think you took that information to the masons, as well.

Thes Hunter
2007-01-30, 10:02 AM
True enough. I know my reputation can't be salvage. However, I am also aware that the situation is not as bad as it seems, thus I am trying to get the truth out as far as it pertains to me.

"The situation is not as bad as it seems"

What exactly does this mean?

I believe it means that you didn't as claimed access your brother account with intent, and then give that information to other people in the game.

You accessing your brother's account could have been an accident and the information on who the wolves were could have come from someone else.

No one will never be able to prove that you did, and guess what you will never be able to prove that you didn't.

So "trying to get the truth out" only makes yourself look worse, and defensive.

---

Though I will note, again this game is about making guesses and strategies with a lot of unknown variables. There alot of things people can do to get information IN GAME. Finding wolves isn't about IMing with your friends, or passing around lists of people. It's the process of playing the game that is the most fun, and not winning or losing.

It's about the unknown. And anyone who knowingly gathers, and uses outside of the game information on peoples roles, is only making the game that much less fun for themselves and everyone else.

And if the games are fun, people won't play them.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 11:23 AM
I'm choosing not to remain silent on this and I'd like to say that I do not think this is the first time you have done this, EK. I believe and it has been said by other players that you accessed your other brother's PM's during werewolf 2. In fact, in that game, you pointed at the Devil (me) citing gut feeling and even that "the seer saw me and told you." I think you took that information to the masons, as well.

As to this, Llama, yes, it did happen. However, he and I dealt with it ourselves. Rather than releasing the information I gained from him, I explained the situation, and we resolved it. He changed his password, and I arranged to be taken out of the game as quickly as possible. In that Game I was a mason. I did not obtain the information from his PM's as is assumed, instead I tricked him into releasing it in an out of game MSN conversation.. It was more of an issue between him and me, and we dealt with it. As to how that information got to other players, I PM'd Raldor and explained what I had done and how my brother and I resolved it. Him taking that information and spreading it around is his business, not mine. However, I would argue that releasing that sort of information when the issue has already been resolved is not something that ANYONE should do. I don't feel wronged about that though, as it did happen and it was only a matter of time until it came out.

In that particular situation, it wasn't premediated. I didn't plan to access his account. I just thought 'He gave me his computer password. I wonder if he uses the same one.' When I got into his account, I thought. 'Oops. I shouldn't have done that.' and yet I continued. My curiosity leads me into far greater trouble than I desire. (I hate my human nature so much sometimes...)

Now as to Korith's statements:

These facts are true. It happened when I was home for Christmas break. I did not approach the narrators out of the logical fear of being kicked out of the game. However, despite the appearance that I leaked the information to other players, this I did not do. I used the information gained as a basis for an accusation, yes, but I did not share the information with anyone else. I did PM the masons with my suspicions of Korith, but I had been suspicious of him from the beginning anyway. Yes, I used the information I unethically obtained in part, but as far as leaking it to other players, this I did not do. Of course this cannot be proven and it sounds like useless insisting, but I am being honest with the fact that I kept the information I gained to myself.

I never claimed to be innocent in this regard. Yes, I accessed your PM's. Yes, I read the identities of the wolves. Yes, I used that information in game. Yes, I was an idiot because I knew using that information would get me caught and tarnish my reputation. No, I did not pass the knowledge I had on to anyone else, despite the fact it seems that way. That is the only thing that I am trying to explain, that I did not share the information with anyone. As this formed the basis for the game's cancellation, it is true that this whole thing is my fault.

And you know what? I've said all I need to say. I've made my apologies clear, I'll not do it again, and if people choose to doubt my honesty in this regard, that's there choice, and I really can't influence that. This will make for a good case study for me down the line, anyway.

Indurain
2007-01-30, 11:44 AM
In that particular situation, it wasn't premediated. I didn't plan to access his account. I just thought 'He gave me his computer password. I wonder if he uses the same one.' When I got into his account, I thought. 'Oops. I shouldn't have done that.' and yet I continued. My curiosity leads me into far greater trouble than I desire. (I hate my human nature so much sometimes...)

You know EK...I was ready to believe that you were an honourable guy and that the first part was an accident. But now you've changed your story. At first you said, you didn't realise the computer was logged into his account, and "accidently" checked the PM's.

Now you're saying you went digging for the information because your "curiousity got the best of you."

Putting all these pieces together, a clear picture comes through and it does not paint you as an "honourable guy". You've continuously lied, covered up your lies, changed your stories, all in an attempt to do what? To make yourself look good? News Flash: IT AINT WORKING!!

I really don't see anyway you can redeem yourself in my eyes, and I really hope you are never allowed to play another Werewolf/Mafia/etc. game ever again on these boards. It seems a truly fitting punishment.

Lucky
2007-01-30, 11:45 AM
This argument is over. Now. No more discussion will be made of the circumstances or morals behind what EK did. He admitted he was wrong, he apologized, arguing over it further will not achieve anything more.

I have delved deeper into, and with the cooperation of Tormsskull, it turns out I was actually quite mistaken about him passing on the information.

I have been told that Tormsskull was contacted by evnafets with a list of names he suspected. This list had been made from independent analysis of behavior by the wolves and was not directly from EK, it could have been influenced by what he did, but that is irrelevant as once EK came out with his "theory," that information was open to anyone and it was by no means cheating to us it.

I am inclined to believe this as I personally trust both Tormsskull and evnafets to be honest in these situations. It turns out I may have been mistaken in calling it, but with the events I was witnessing, and with the knowledge of what had taken place, it just seemed too obvious that the information had been passed on.

Still, EK's actions led directly to the death of two wolves, Indurain, and then Korith, since it was figured that EK got this info from his brother, therefore Korith had to be a wolf.

All this said, I am willing to forgive EK and allow him into further games if he wishes to join. All this is now in the past, and let's keep it like that.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 12:27 PM
You know EK...I was ready to believe that you were an honourable guy and that the first part was an accident. But now you've changed your story. At first you said, you didn't realise the computer was logged into his account, and "accidently" checked the PM's.

Now you're saying you went digging for the information because your "curiousity got the best of you."

Putting all these pieces together, a clear picture comes through and it does not paint you as an "honourable guy". You've continuously lied, covered up your lies, changed your stories, all in an attempt to do what? To make yourself look good? News Flash: IT AINT WORKING!!

I really don't see anyway you can redeem yourself in my eyes, and I really hope you are never allowed to play another Werewolf/Mafia/etc. game ever again on these boards. It seems a truly fitting punishment.

Ahem. That statement was made about a previous game. In that game, I intentionally got into my TWIN brothers account, (NOT Koriths) and read the PM's. The first occurance was intentionally. I admited I was wrong to my brother, and am still working to restore his trust in me. In that case I knew what I was doing. In the current case, however, this does not hold true. Both stories are true because they deal with seperate occurances.

Also, Indurain, I am well aware that I am not the honourable man I claim to be. NO ONE can be honourable. It is impossible. Human nature does not allow us to be truly good. It's something I struggle against on a daily basis, and in these cases, I gave up on the struggle and gave into my nature. So, Indurain, I actually must thank you, because you've reminded me of my areas of greatest weakness, and as such I can work to improve on it.

Anyway, Thank you Lucky. I knew there was something fishy about being accused of sharing the information. That does not excuse the fact that I got information I should not have had, but it does clear me of the greater apparent wrongdoing. That was what I was trying to do. I was not trying to prove myself truly innocent, that would be impossible, I was merely trying to get the truth out so that everyone would not reach a false conclusion.

Ceika
2007-01-30, 02:38 PM
Not to break up the defense, but I'm just now reading all that has gone one since the game was canceled, and I just wanted to say:

Believe me, I am totally smiling at Ceika, having deceived me.

*GRINS* This is the first time I have been a baner, and it was totally fun. I'm not sure what I did that threw you off my trail, but thanks!

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 03:35 PM
Indeed Ceika, you did very well. However, being the type of person I am, I expect an even better performance in the next game.

Alarra
2007-01-30, 09:03 PM
I'd say this is more than enough discussion on this topic and on a game that is over.