PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Idea: This One Time at Bard Camp...

Amaril
2013-10-21, 11:48 AM
So I've had this phrase bouncing around my head for a while, and I keep thinking it might be extremely entertaining to base an adventure or campaign on it. I'm not planning on actually running anything like this (at least, not in the foreseeable future), it's just something I thought might be fun to develop.

For my part, I can easily imagine a fun adventure coming out of exactly what you'd expect from the phrase "this one time at bard camp...". The characters are low-level bards attending a training camp for members of their class, getting up to various mischief--hilarity ensues. Of course a game like this would require very enthusiastic and roleplaying-skilled players, but the right group could definitely pull it off well.

What kind of adventure do you imagine when you hear this phrase? I'd love to hear your ideas :smallsmile:

JBPuffin
2013-10-21, 07:50 PM
"So, this one time at Bard Camp, me and my buddies were at a club. This one girl I knew, her Perform skill was Perform (Pole-Dancing), and we were pretty drunk, so we Inspired Courage into one of our guys to get her to...well, you know, perform. He cast Charm Person, and had her use Fascinate...pretty soon, she'd actually gotten everyone in the bar watching, she was uncharmed halfway through, and when she asked who'd cast the spell, well..."

The bards involved would be your typical college-age guys with typical interests: partying, getting laid, and passing their Finals. Funnily enough, I can actually see this happening in a normal campaign...

Jay R
2013-10-22, 11:31 AM
Sneaking into the commissary to get ingredients for S'mores.
Going on a hike, and seeing snakes, bears, coyotes, birds, owlbears, ...
One kid is missing. Find him before the counselors know.
A feud between rival camps.

Go watch Parent Trap, or Follow Me, Boys, or The Great Escape, or any other camp-based movie for ideas for typical hijinks.

Slipperychicken
2013-10-22, 03:30 PM
Amaril, are you okay? Because you posted this same thread back in April (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278477).

Amaril
2013-10-22, 03:33 PM
Amaril, are you okay? Because you posted this same thread back in April (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278477).

Wow, did I? I totally forgot about it :smallconfused: Can I ask a moderator to delete this one?

And yes, I'm fine--I'm just always a forgetful person, nothing to worry about.